Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worse and worse

(PSN)HeartCoreGamer

1 hour ago, (PS4)HeartCoreGamer said:

Sorry man, I said English it's not my first language. 3rd of course. But I can talk French and Spanish too. Can you?

Not European languages, no.
I respect a person that can speak more than one language. It can be rather difficult for many...

The main point of these threads is to provide feedback, but in a thorough manner.
You have expressed that tea-bagging is a problem and... offends you in some way outside of the game.
What would be your solution?

35 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

You shouldn not really "expect" anything or talk because newsflash no one owes you anything    (...)

35 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

There's no 'harrasment' in tbagging.

Yes, there is. Especially when it's done in tandem with a question about the person's gender. 

There's nothing thin-skinned about being civilized and there's no reason a community should bow to its lowest common denominator because of some misguided concept of limitless freedom of expression being void of responsibility or basic civility. Moreover, no freedom of expression is absolute, and this community has terms and standards of conduct.  

Saying 'no one reacts to it' is evidently erroneous and it's a claim you can't begin to back up in any event. Annoyance with cheese strats is no excuse for unacceptable behavior. As the OP suggested, talking about things is not yet a lost art.   

il y a 20 minutes, DreamsmithJane a dit :

Yes, and I do leave then. But it's still a huge waste of time to go into a mission and wait for the map to load, and then go only 5 waves. Most of the benefit of leveling comes from later waves with higher level enemies. Unfortunately, it's also a waste of time to wait for a Quake Banshee to slowly kill Grineer in their spawn rooms across the entire map for 15+ waves. That's one reason I bring Sonar/Resonance Banshee to level weapons — faster clears. The other reason is that if your Sound Quake kills enemies, your weapons don't get any xp. Only your weapon kills, and kills made by allies, give your weapons xp.

But as much as I find Sound Quake annoying and wish people wouldn't use it, there's still no excuse for teabagging and other petty griefing. :/

I use quake only when convergence orb is active. That's the reason why I use Banshee : "one stone two birds" kind of. I'm not sure we can talk about "waste of time" in a video game but I understand the point.

I think the Mesa meta in the plains is worst than staying 5 min in def mission, but again ok.

il y a 24 minutes, -Temp0- a dit :

It doesn't help your cause that your own whole topic is nonsense as I've never enve heard of someoen being 40 years old being offended by a squatting emote in a videogame. So think about that again for a sec.

You shouldn not really "expect" anything or talk because newsflash no one owes you anything and just like those players tbagging you, they will most likely refuse not to do x if asked - because that's what they came to this node to do - so it's pointless. 

There's no 'harrasment' in tbagging. It's just some stupid and childish but otherwise harmless gesture that doesn't prevent you from doing anything and not even some trolling like loki's or nova's teleportation. In short, someone doing anything that affects others' gameplay will be ten times more annoying than someone just squatting in the middle of a map. Ironically you don't see the first as something bad. Similary to them leaving at wave 5 you can always do the same. If you didn't - it doesn't bother you that much.

Taking it as an offense is even more childish and immature than doing the gesture itself. In wf people often squat in the end of the mission or near somene doing similar thing as sound quake and such and no one reacts that much to it. 

1- Some players, like you, are pretty aggressive without reason that's exactly the point of the topic, thank you for showing us that reality,

2- If this topic is nonsense what are you doing here?

3- I'm talking about tea bagging as an example of a larger problem : the lack of manners (you're showing a lot yourself),

4- This time was me, but I've seen so many players doing this when a teammate dies. I'm not complaining, I just hope to read guys thinking it's not right (as some do), it's not what we should expect from this community,

5- Guys trolling with Loki, Nova, Valkyr or whatever warframes they use to troll, are part of the same problem. I don't know where you read that I don't see it as a bad thing? Did you really read?

6- When a player asks you in PM if you are a girl and then tea bag you, I'm sorry but we can start talking about possible harassment or are you naive?

7- If this topic is so pointless feel free to leave it, but don't forget to be aggressive in your last comment.

5 hours ago, (PS4)HeartCoreGamer said:

I went to Hydron with my Banshee prime and some weapons I wanted to level-up/forma. And once again during 15 waves I had 2 players tea bagging me.

I'm tired you know, can't enjoy playing this game anymore.

5 hours ago, (PS4)HeartCoreGamer said:

? You mean in Hydron the cave to XP, the mission in recruitment always asking for Banshee and Trin EV??? The place where most players have weapons and warframes at rank 0?

1 hour ago, (PS4)HeartCoreGamer said:

Tell me now it's a game problem not harassment one.

First thing, tell me how they are making the game not enjoyable? What they are doing is harmless as well. T-Bagging is something harmless that exist since the Windows 95 era.

Second, you say it yourself, the place where most player grind they affinity, meaning if they stick close to you while your using your 4th ability, you are pretty much stealing all affinity toward you and they probably want to stay in affinity range. You mention something about <they could just ask you to stop politely> but why they would want to do that in the place where most people grind them affinity? They are staying close to you for the exact same reason why you use your 4th ability. They probably expect you to keep using it as well, I can't blame them.

Third, they are no harassment, heck, to some people, you could be considered the <bad guy> for stealing all the fun/kill (obliviously not the case here unless you complain to them in-game). Is all about perception and what you want to do. I am pretty sure you could be considered the harasser for some.

You say you are not a kid's, and yet this complains give me the opposite impression. Don't be so sensitive for a minor thing like this, mostly for something this harmless, if it ruins that much fun for you, go solo or make your own clan/join one that has the same mindset and let the other have they fun.  

Z7HeRxU.png

20 минут назад, Wiergate сказал:

Yes, there is. Especially when it's done in tandem with a question about the person's gender. 

Gl trying to report for it. In this game or any other. Not reportable offense under harrasment flag? Then it isn't harrasment. A long time ago a group of people decided and agreed to make squatting emote/gesture to mean something and other group agreed to get offended by it. This is really immature and pathetic. Both of it.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. You can't demand or expect people to be 'nice'. That's not how it works. You can only demand or expect them not to be the absolute ***les. This is the truth of internet "communication".

I'm sure DE and any other developer will take it to heart (and soon WF will fall as low as overwatch that tried to censor "gg ez". I don't think I should say that it helped nothing and no one and made Blizzard look like fools pretty much)

Цитата

When a player asks you in PM if you are a girl and then tea bag you, I'm sorry but we can start talking about possible harassment or are you naive?

I would simply ignore both.

See how hard it is? I guess you don't.

Edited by -Temp0-

2 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Gl trying to report for it. In this game or any other. Not reportable offense under harrasment flag? Then it isn't harrasment. A long time ago a group of people decided and agreed to make squatting emote/gesture to mean something and other group agree to get offended by it. This is really immature and pathetic. Both of it.

I'm sure DE and any other developer will take it to heart (and soon WF will fall as low as overwatch that tried to censor "gg ez". I don't think I should say that it helped nothing and no one and made Blizzard look like fools pretty much)

So if you don't get caught stealing something, that makes it allright?
If you consider the personal messages they gave him and show that behaviour, it looks pretty misplaced to me.
Normally i'd shake my head and put them on ignore but on some days it could get to me too.

And you're pretty agressive against his feelings, pal. I do see your points, but you could try to give it a more friendly approach.
This is not a topic about carrier vacuum or maiming strike. It's more about decent behaviour.

Цитата

So if you don't get caught stealing something, that makes it allright?

You can't get caught stealing something if you don't steal anything.

People literally *decided* to get offended by *squatting*. This is beyond stupid to begin with.

2 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

You can't get caught stealing something if you don't steal anything.

People literally *decided* to get offended by *squatting*. This is beyond stupid to begin with.

Exactly, they are a difference between not stealing something at all vs stealing and not getting caught (not the case in this scenario in my opinion)

il y a une heure, INight00 a dit :

Not European languages, no.
I respect a person that can speak more than one language. It can be rather difficult for many...

The main point of these threads is to provide feedback, but in a thorough manner.
You have expressed that tea-bagging is a problem and... offends you in some way outside of the game.
What would be your solution?

Thank you for asking me. I don't claim having a solution, I'm just talking about the loss of kindness I first saw in the warframe community : veterans helping new comers, tennos playing just for fun, etc...

Tea bagging or other kind of behavior like this, are just making the game worse each time.

I'm sure you've experienced an Eidolon hunt where players are, literally, screaming at each other because Harrow forgot to protect the team (maybe he had no energy left?), Trinity lost a lure, Chroma smashed a leg while lures were not ready, etc... It's just a game, and mistake are possible and not serious, because it's a game.

The point is, a game, at first, has an entertaining purpose. We should expect better.

Lately I was trading and, as always, I left the guy saying "ty". He answered "ty and Happy New Year". Guess what, I was thinking "of course" why it didn't occur to me saying that. I was ashamed. All my trade this month are finishing with Happy New Year because this guy (or girl) I don't see, I don't even know, he's a human being and deserve respect.

Edited by (PS4)HeartCoreGamer

15 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Gl trying to report for it. In this game or any other. Not reportable offense under harrasment flag? Then it isn't harrasment. A long time ago a group of people decided and agreed to make squatting emote/gesture to mean something and other group agreed to get offended by it. This is really immature and pathetic. Both of it.

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard the cheap internet value nihilism in 'people decided to get offended'...We should be past that now. Most of us are. 
Thing is, if you make it a matter of policy to ignore everything and put up with everything and demanding that others do the same for fear of being labeled the offended party - 'losing', according to the kindergarten logic of bullies - you're also hiding in a rhetorical cul-de-sac.

Mocking those who don't share your lack of backbone doesn't make you worldly-wise. It really doesn't. 
However, according to the above you can't be argued against because what you're saying is nothing. Thus, I won't bother. 

Moderation have answered this question plenty of times already, you're welcome to search the forums to verify for yourself.  You will not be banned for teabagging.  Unless the moderators have decided to change that policy, don't waste your time reporting it.  Furthermore, nobody's going to be banned for using Soundquake Banshee, or Ember's World on Fire.

If you don't like these things, then don't roll the dice on ending up with them.  Form a squad in recruiting.  Otherwise, you must either accept what you've been given or abort the mission.  Grousing about things that aren't a violation of ToS, that have been explicitly stated as such by DE, isn't going to change anything.

Цитата

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard the cheap internet value nihilism in 'people decided to get offended'...We should be past that now. 

You literally decided to get offended by nothing.

It would've been a completely different stroy if someone was indeed harassing someone over a voice or text chat "because they were a girl". Op actually made it even less believable since he added that part only once people started to question that horror story to begin with. But this? This is a joke, this is making a chicken out of a feather, your stereotypical "doom&gloom" "everything was better back in my time" and spiced with "this community is getting worse and worse each day that passes". No it isn't. It always been like that. It isn't getting better or worse and online gaming as a whole was always even worse. This is stereotypical gaming experience - 

This thing we got in WF? Most don't even deserve a mute that's how tame it is. It is so tame that most grow so spoiled expecting long praises and overfriendly demeanor everywhere they go. Yes this is not what you will get. You will never - never ever get even better community than WF has. Maybe it's time to get used to it and lower your high as hell expectations of evereyone you come across being polite as hell and saying " thank you" "gl hf" and wishing you happy holidays in every turn.

Edited by -Temp0-

its the generation of SJW disrespectful kids...teabagging is how they roll..this particular thing has become ALOT worse since plains was introduced which brought in a lot of idiot kids from other games where that behaviour is common like in COD and such games, they seem to think its funny and an insult to others, i just see it as they cant play, they suck at game, so its all they can do :)

you kiddies feel free to teabag all you want to :) however its not funny to teabag over players that are down and think its funny, if you dont want to play in group and act like a group fk off back to your other games :)

Edited by xXHobbitXx

i cant believe people say there is no solution. there is >.>. if DE made soloing even remotely like being in a full squad youd be able to solo as much as you want. let me elaborate. when you solo you get, Reduced spawn, Enemies are easier to kill, credits are less (both end of mission and during mission due to low spawn) Affinity is only gained on the things you use to kill or the things you use (warframe powers that help in killing and only the weapons you use to kill). what they could do to remedy this entire problem is let you start a mission as if you are in a x2 x3 squad like i dont know.... shadow warrior 2 does, normalize credit gain, instead of granting affinity only for what you use all EXP gained should be shared like it is in a full squad when all members are in affinity range, double the effectiveness of auras based on how you start (x2 x3 squad).

you can eliminate stupid. DE needs to accept some facts here. sure we would all love to play together but sometimes stupid creeps in. ive asked before in recruiting with this message "Host Defense 20 waves" know what i got sometimes? people leaving at wave 10. what happens more often than not now is people dont want to even go full rotation and honestly its when DE sets drop tables as seen on helene saturn how meso relics are wave 5 and 10 reward with 90%+ chance.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

23 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

It always been like that. It isn't getting better or worse and online gaming as a whole was always even worse. 

But that is merely defeatism. Quite besides the fact that you are wrong – the Borderlands community is an excellent example of a better community than Warframe’s – you seem to refuse to accept the notion that things could improve, and I don’t understand if that’s something you consider actually desirable or just unavoidable.

What you call a stereotypical gaming experience is a report from the dark side, LoL and the like are widely considered the gutter of the gaming community. Socialization is a vital and integral process in every gathering of fellow people, and this is what happens when adults cede that responsibility.

Calling it normal is to accept a state of abnormality.

I don’t want my online experience defined nor dictated by teenage wannabe edgelords who believe that cheap irony will mask the fact that they understand nothing of the world, or for that matter that they don’t yet need to shave. The vast majority don't want this either, and the time for us to put up and shut up has long since passed. 
This is why there are terms of conduct and behavior, and this is why they should be enforced. Moreover, such standards are not static; they are malleable and they need to be understood as such. The socialization space needs to be extended to communities like these, and the standards of said communities must reflect how society evolves or act as a bulwark when parts of society devolve.

Does this sound pretentious and overwrought as Hek in relation to the Warframe community? You bet.
Will it be overwrought 2 years from now? In light of what’s happened to other communities, I don’t want to find out.     

Edited by Wiergate