Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

EA planning on buying Digital Extremes

(PSN)Neris77

9 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

1-battlefront 2 was and is p2w. the lootboxes are baked into progression system and can be bought, making progression much faster for those who bought it.

2-bioware had several of its employed quit or fired cus they wanted to make a game fitting their own capabilities aka single player games based on story. and ea did not like that cus its not easy to monetize. it WAS ea's fault. but yeah the entire crew that made a huge franchise like mass effect is surely "team of newbies". uhuh. 

3-even if you dont care about bioware, pls do tell us about other studios they destroyed. what did westwood do? what did visceral do? what did dreamworks studio do? what did blackbox do?

4-since youre obviously some kind of ea employee or flat out trolling, i'd suggest you to go somewhere else with your bullcrap. 

Not that I enjoy defending @Klavinmour, but you do realize that Andromeda was in fact made by what is Bioware's.. well, not even B team, which I reckon is on SWTOR, probably their C team, filled with inexperience, SJWs and a racist.

The ''crew that made a huge franchise like mass effect'', which, for the record, was Bioware Edmonton, had no hand in Andromeda, they're the ones making Anthem.. and even then, most of the big names behind Mass Effect and Dragon Age, have left Bioware. Bioware Montreal #*($%%@ up Andromeda, they didn't need EA to do it.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

3 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Not that I enjoy defending @Klavinmour, but you do realize that Andromeda was in fact made by what is Bioware's.. well, not even B team, which I reckon is on SWTOR, probably their C team, filled with inexperience, SJWs and a racist.

The ''crew that made a huge franchise like mass effect'', which, for the record, was Bioware Edmonton, had no hand in Andromeda, they're the ones making Anthem.. and even then, most of the big names behind Mass Effect and Dragon Age, have left Bioware. Bioware Montreal #*($%%@ up Andromeda, they didn't need EA to do it.

yes those guys left bioware and one of them was very clear why they did on their interviews later on werent they?

1 minute ago, Zeclem said:

yes those guys left bioware and one of them was very clear why they did on their interviews later on werent they?

If I had to wage a guess, I've not read said interviews, I'd say it's to do with EA. Which makes sense.

Just now, Zeclem said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-23-manveer-heir-bioware-mass-effect-ea-monetisation

theres one if you want to read. and yes, it has to do with ea.

You realize that's the Bioware Montreal racist developer.. right..? When I was speaking of big names behind Mass Effect and Dragon Age, I meant the likes of Drew Karpyshyn and Mike Laidlaw. I had however heard of that particular interview through Youtubers like Jim Sterling and YongYea. And it's what you'd expect from EA at this point.

Just now, Artorius-Alter said:

You realize that's the Bioware Montreal racist developer.. right..? When I was speaking of big names behind Mass Effect and Dragon Age, I meant the likes of Drew Karpyshyn and Mike Laidlaw. I had however heard of that particular interview through Youtubers like Jim Sterling and YongYea. And it's what you'd expect from EA at this point.

he is a racist subhuman, but it doesnt devalue what he has to say about ea. and im sure it has affected those other names as well. 

35 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

there was a post about "my friends dad works at nintendo and ____" story similar to this and it ended up being true lmao.

And who cares about this? It has little to so with the "situation" here. And what if the rumor was true? If it was true, we could do nothing about it, because DE decides things.

1 minute ago, Arniox said:

We all have to remember that even if this rumor is true, DE themselves would have to agree to a payment.... 

And based on how DE treats its community and how it acts, this will never be agreed upon. Even at any cost 

I dunno, I had figured that, after Activision, Respawn (the real Infinity Ward) would never subject themselves to a publisher like that again.. yet here we are, Respawn, owned by EA now.

1 hour ago, Magicfingers said:

well i heard from my sister's husband's nephew's uncle's cousin's next door neighbor that this is untrue

So that would make it... your sister's neighbor... I think?

47 minutes ago, Xantheis said:

Dammit! You beat me to it. Always when I'm eating. 

Now I have to go watch this movie again. I hope you're happy. 

2 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

I dunno, I had figured that, after Activision, Respawn (the real Infinity Ward) would never subject themselves to a publisher like that again.. yet here we are, Respawn, owned by EA now.

Indeed. I fear for the future of Titanfall as it is one of my favorite franchises. Just imagine what EA would do if they (miraculously) acquired DE...

*shudders*

1 hour ago, Klavinmour said:

Yes originally in the BETA, you know that thing where you test how a system works.

Please tell me, if the Tier 3 and 4 cards weren't in the BETA which was HEAVILY stripped down to test the basics of the systems in play, and did not have the achievements or crafting system available for people to get the Tier 3 and 4 cards as they do now.
How would people get Tier 3 and 4 cards if they weren't in the BETA's loot boxes for testing reasons?

There is NO EVIDENCE that EA had intended to keep the Tier 3 and 4 cards in loot boxes and thus the game actually be pay to win.
The only thing we've heard from EA and DICE on that is that it was necessary to have them in loot boxes during the BETA because you wouldn't have any other way to get the Tier 3 and 4 cards.

It's the same argument that people have about DLC being cut content from games, when there is literally no evidence to support this for any game at all.

Sounds like someone is an EA fan... 

Or a battlefield fan.

Either way, you're getting into brown nosing territory... 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Neris77 said:

My brother works at EA, and he’s heard rumors circulating that EA’s plan to buy digital extremes to get their hands on the warframe franchise. Can’t tell you about my brother for obvious reasons.

has it occurred to you that your Brother is trying to wind you up a bit? I don't think EA are the least bit interested in the F2P market when so many people are paying full retail for games like Battlefront 2 before Microtransactions. also, Leyou (the Chinese chicken company that went into videogames) already bought out DE, so EA would have to contact them instead.

I understand you can't tell us about your brother. if he's just a receptionist or other type of lower-ranked Employee then he's just following orders from his evil corporate overlords, he probably already knows that EA are basically cancer at this point, but they pay his bills so he can't exactly take a stand against them. he doesn't deserve to get lynched in the street, not like EA's Corporate Executives do for putting Microtransactions in EVERY GOD DAMN GAME.

if at any point he seems brainwashed to you, do what needs to be done....

3 hours ago, (PS4)Neris77 said:

I don’t know if this is true or not, so don’t throw me under the bus if I’m wrong.

I'm going to throw you under the bus for spreading information that is not confirmed. >:(

You are responsible for what you said.

Edited by yles9056