Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Free Tennogen on PC

djdnqn

14 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

At this point I'd just be more accepting of Tennogen not being purchasable with plat on PC if we got 1 time use market discounts (like consoles have) added to our log in rewards

Console players get market coupons because DE can't give plat coupons on console.

Edit: Also, market coupons can't be used on tennogen or bundles.

Edited by (PS4)Buccos21

Tennogen uses steam as a platform, as such they have to pay their due and follow the contract with steam, which includes making the item purchases done via steam wallet.  This is essentially the same as a kickstarter campaign paying a % of the money raised to kickstarter.  DE made a decision to use steam for tennogen after considering the benefits and costs/restrictions to using the platform; you may not like their decision but it is their decision to make.

Also, console tennogen should be viewed as something nice on-top of the baseline, instead of something taken away from PC.  It helps with keeping blood pressure low.

5 hours ago, Emulad0or said:

You know, I never really got why wouldn't people use steam to play... Any good reason to not use it? 

I used to say the same thing. I had some friends that would tell me it was unreliable and buggy that I mostly just wrote off because steam worked fine for me. Sometime last year, however, I started noticing small problems with steam off and on. Things like games not closing properly, steam store not responding, downloads not starting, family share disabling randomly. Just little quirks here and there. I'm a software engineer, so I had no problem just wiping my entire pc and started over when clearing the steam cache didn't work. Everything was fine, for a time. Those little quirks really started grinding at me after awhile, having as many games on the platform as I do.

So now I'm someone who avoids steam unless I'm forced to use it. It's a buggy, unoptimized, feature-bloated software platform. I typically stick to GoG or standalone when possible, to keep things clean and simple anymore, and as an advocate of DRM-free purchases, it suits my needs. No reason to have to use the platform and sign into DRM when I actually own the games I buy now.

Hope that helps explains it!

Edited by Frosthaven83

The only way they could possibly be accuired without real currency would be to give them an altenative ,expensive platinum price.( I'd totally pay 400p for the Repala for example)

Not all Tennogen even need to get the alternative price, maybe just the older ones which don't get purchased alot, that way the people who couldn't (or didn't want to) buy them before for real currency would buy them now.

This way the creators of Tennogen would have to get their profits directly from DE, which is possible considering the increased revenue from the plat sales, which most likely will increase if platGen becomes a thing. Since the Tennogen platform is on Steam, they will have to be given some profit too, or the Tennogen submissions could be moved to an official page.(However, i'm not sure if Steam Workshop functions solely as a sharing page or it has some part in the creation as well.)

Edited by Enxchiol

4 hours ago, Enxchiol said:

The only way they could possibly be accuired without real currency would be to give them an altenative ,expensive platinum price.( I'd totally pay 400p for the Repala for example)

Not all Tennogen even need to get the alternative price, maybe just the older ones which don't get purchased alot, that way the people who couldn't (or didn't want to) buy them before for real currency would buy them now.

This way the creators of Tennogen would have to get their profits directly from DE, which is possible considering the increased revenue from the plat sales, which most likely will increase if platGen becomes a thing. Since the Tennogen platform is on Steam, they will have to be given some profit too, or the Tennogen submissions could be moved to an official page.(However, i'm not sure if Steam Workshop functions solely as a sharing page or it has some part in the creation as well.)

Yeah, they would probably be the 75% discounted plat price, and that would look terrible against other cosmetics 

22 hours ago, Wind_Blade said:

In addition the consoles have a 75% on the market which is even better than the 75% platinum for most people.

It really, really isn't. That discount doesn't work for any bundles, slots, Tennogen, boosters and a variety of other items.
PC player moved to Xbox here, believe me when I say I'd sacrifice all my console discounts so far for a single plat purchase discount.

23 hours ago, Weird_Stealth said:

It doesn't seem rather fair to the people who actually create the tenno gen, when you buy tenno gen skins, some part of that money you spend actually goes to the creators, not DE, and frankly if I was really skilled at modeling and creating things like those who've made the Tenno Gen stuff, I would much rather get paid in actual funds I can use to pay bills, buy food, or buy plat, vs just getting plat.

Wait... they only get plat?!

51 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

doesn't matter if it's technically money, content creators genuinely cannot pay their bills with plat

it's a mix of contract + making it easy to give content creators their money

it means de can pay them with the real money end of it. do you think de pays it's staff with plat too? 

Edited by Cubewano

6 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

it means de can pay them with the real money end of it. do you think de pays it's staff with plat too? 

that's my point

the guy you're replying to was saying that content creator can't be paid with plat "You can't pay bills with plat (which is why they're paid with real money)"

your "Plat is bought with money" sounds like you're implying content creators get paid (or at least don't have a problem being paid) with plat

3 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

that's my point

the guy you're replying to was saying that content creator can't be paid with plat "You can't pay bills with plat (which is why they're paid with real money)"

your "Plat is bought with money" sounds like you're implying content creators get paid (or at least don't have a problem being paid) with plat

it is also my point, guess my message was unclear. 

i was trying to explain that just because plat is being used doesn't mean there is no money involved, or that the sellers can only be paid with said plat, which is a misconception too many people seem to carry. 

1 minute ago, Cubewano said:

it is also my point, guess my message was unclear. 

i was trying to explain that just because plat is being used doesn't mean there is no money involved, or that the sellers can only be paid with said plat, which is a misconception too many people seem to carry. 

Were they to allow that, they'd have to have things priced in plat based on Plat being bought at the lowest price possible. I make that to be 1.1 cents per plat, which would mean a $5.00 skin would need to cost 433 plat.

4 minutes ago, Phatose said:

Were they to allow that, they'd have to have things priced in plat based on Plat being bought at the lowest price possible. I make that to be 1.1 cents per plat, which would mean a $5.00 skin would need to cost 433 plat.

or they could just mark what plat is and isn't from a discount, and only let you use the non-discount plat for purchases on those items. they already have something like that in place for the starter plat, it has a limited range of use compared to bought plat.  

All currently existing platinum would need to be marked "discounted" if you've ever made a trade, simply because it's been uncontrolled through trade up til now - you've had no way to indicate whether you were trading discounted or not discounted plat, so tracking there is impossible.

You'd essentially have to buy new plat at retail, and I don't really see any advantage to that versus just buying the skin directly.

1 minute ago, Phatose said:

All currently existing platinum would need to be marked "discounted" if you've ever made a trade, simply because it's been uncontrolled through trade up til now - you've had no way to indicate whether you were trading discounted or not discounted plat, so tracking there is impossible.

You'd essentially have to buy new plat at retail, and I don't really see any advantage to that versus just buying the skin directly.

I don't know what DE is working with so I can't really comment on their ability to handle said tracking, if it's possible of course mark it as discounts apply, if not then yes they will obviously only be able to allow new plat going forward to be used on these items. It isn't ideal no, but if this is the direction people want to go, it is better than nothing. 

As for if it's a better direction to go, that's up to the consumers I suppose, whether they want prices higher but can use all plat on it, or a lower price but with more restrictions on what plat can be used on it. I'm just pointing out options. 

5 hours ago, Jeon-Rammbo said:

Wait... they only get plat?!

yes and no, the ones who made the skins for the Vitus and the dual revolvers (can't think of the names right now), get free plat, the ones who are making the actual tenno gen content skins for warframes and what not, are getting paid actual money through Steam.

On 1/16/2018 at 8:02 AM, Emulad0or said:

You know, I never really got why wouldn't people use steam to play... Any good reason to not use it? 

Hundreds of other games plus a really good medium to talk with friends... 

Why not use it is the real question? 

I own a couple hundred games now and I've played through a significant amount of them