Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IMO, Trades should focus on Ability rather than Rarity

4 hours ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

What I mean is It shouldn't really matter how rare something is, only how powerful something is.

Frames like Ember Prime, Frost Prime, Trinity Prime and Rhino Prime

Weapons like Tigris Prime, Galatine Prime, Aklex Prime and Akstiletto Prime

They should all skyrocket in price, Vaulted or not.

Unfortunately your opinion doesn't mean much in a free market

In a post scarcity Warframe everything can be evaluated by its merits. 

This is done largely, artificially by DE. I think it would be cool if it could be more organic, like in EVE Online. However, even CCCP must arbratarely, assign some scarcity to the raw recourses that get mined, that are in turn used by players to make every good in the game. 

The only way way I can think of to address the scarcity problem is to have an unlimited supply. Then everything is valued by its merit. But, if there is an unlimited supply there can be no market of exchange, only of allocation. 

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

Ember already is (or rather was)expensive for some time, Limbo is better than Frost and is obtainable through an easy quest, Trinity doesn't have any rare parts but i think will go up in price quite a bit when impatient people sold all their sets for cheap and supply will be lower, Rhino goes for 400p last i checked.

The weapons you mentioned are not vaulted so no reason to throw much plat for them, Aklex P just has a horrible price like that currently because not much time passed since Baro sold its relics last time.

Collecting rare mastery rank items (and mods to a lesser extent) is a big part of the game.  It keeps the veterans coming back and drives the game economy.   It's great fun to be able to show something rare off to your friends who don't have it.

There's plenty of overpowered stuff in the game already.  Most players have a dozen frames and weapons they've already heavily invested in.  I'm not paying extra plat for something marginally better than the gear I already use.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

What I mean is It shouldn't really matter how rare something is, only how powerful something is.

giphy.gif

Power has no meaning in trading, only availability, the supply and the demand. 

13 hours ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

To an extent the market focusses on both. Like most people are saying supply and demand. The demand is the ability ie you're most likely to spend money/plat on good things and supply is rarity ie people will want more for an item if its rare and hard to get. That's why ember is worth so much its incredibly rare and incredibly good. However since the unvaulting is coming soon is about to become a lot more common therefore his price will soon drop. And once its revaulted the price will rise again

That's not exactlybhow the free market works in warframe.

As you should already know, the price is not determined by DE or some magical entity; It is determined by us.

In other words, no matter how good or bad an item is, if there are people who want it for any reason, it will have a value.

If an item isn't rare, majority of us will have it already and/or have means of getting it themselves and naturally, no sane person will pay much to get it from someone else. Hence, price will not be high.

At the same time, if 2 items are of the same rarity but 1 is better, be it asthetically or functionally, we will likely offer a higher price for it but considering almost anything can be farmed in warframe, it may be easier to just farm for it.

As such, rarity has a much more heavier impact than ability in warframe because everything can be farmed for 0 plat and a good item that is easy to farm for will not be able to sell for much because farming for it will always be free.