Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When will we get Akvasto Prime?

MickThejaguar

This is less of me actually asking when we'll get the highly requested Akvasto Prime and more of a theory. So in the past DE has typically released prime weapons that compliment or symbolically fit well with their prime warframe counter part, examples being: Hydroid Prime with the Nami Skyla Prime, Valkyr Prime with the Venka Prime, and Oberon Prime with Silva & Aegis Prime. These weapons fit well with their prime warframe's theme (Cutlass and Dagger for a pirate, claws for a beast, Sword and Shield for a protector of nature) and it stands to reason that DE will continue on with this trend in the future. That being said the Akvasto prime fit well thematically with a frame will most likely be primed by the end of this year or early next year, that frame being Mesa. The Akvasto are a pair of dual revolvers, a weapon time commonly associated with gunslingers, and with Mesa being our lovely resident gunslinging queen, it just fits so naturally for her prime access to come with the Akvasto Prime. Unfortunately the next three primes (assuming DE continues to follow release date) are Zephyr, Limbo, And Chroma. Assuming Zephyr Prime is released in March and there's a 3-4 month gap between each prime, at best Mesa Prime would come out around December and at worse in would be after January of 2019. Now this is all speculation. I could be right on the money or I could be completely wrong and Akvasto Prime comes out with Zephyr Prime. So I'd like to hear everybody's thoughts on my theory as well as hear any other theories as to what other prime weapons might be released with future prime warframes. 

I kinda like how Vasto Prime is stuck as a single revolver, for the times when I want the single-revolver style. Unloading the whole thing and reloading lightning-fast is a lot more fun than yet another medium-fast semi-inaccurate dual-pistol. 

Edited by Outlander3734

Just now, Nakrast said:

Vasto is vaulted, so unless DE changes the build requirements, i don't see why Akvasto should even exist.

There is absolutely no reason for DE to make the Vasto Prime a build requirement for the Akvasto Prime. They released the Akbolto Prime without even making a Bolto Prime first so it's not unreasonable to say that they'd release the Akvasto Prime without having Vasto Prime as a build requirement.

1 minute ago, Outlander3734 said:

I kinda like how Vasto Prime is stuck as a single revolver, for the times when I want the single-revolver style. Unloading the whole thing and reloading lightning-fast is a lot more fun than yet another medium-fast semi-inaccurate dual-pistol. 

Well then just don't build the Akvasto if they ever make it? That seems like the answer to that.

22 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

Vasto is vaulted, so unless DE changes the build requirements, i don't see why Akvasto should even exist.

since its vaulted, and if they add avkasto p, then people will buy plat with money so they can buy the vaulted vasto to build the newly released  akvasto p....profit! 

28 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

Yes, you are correct in a way: Vasto prime is vaulted, but

AkVasto Prime is not a part of Prime Vault. In a way, it could be built literally from "akimbo" parts rather than 2 separate vastos. Like AkStiletto/Akbolto Prime....like:

2x Akbolto Prime Barrel

2x Akbolto Prime Receiver

1x Akbolto Prime Link

Same way could be Akvasto made. From 2x Akvasto Barrels, 2 Receivers & Link. Not 2 separate Vastos.

This way, they would keep single Vasto a part of Vault, and Akvasto separate weapon that wouldnt violate any "rules".

50 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

The same reason AklexP exists. 

It's up to DE. It'll most likely have to be through relics sold by Baro and tied to some special event, but whether they do or not is anyone's guess. 

It'd have to be significantly better, and that would mean fixing the recoil issue on the VastoP--which DE has never done. The reason the gun roosts on the ash-heap of tenno history is it has no niche. It would be the high speed counterpart of the LexP, but it can't fill that role because you can't use its RoF due to the excessive recoil. So everyone uses the LexP, since it hits harder and they're both slow in use. 

1 hour ago, Nakrast said:

I'm surprised it hadn't been worked on ever...  I mean they did the Akstiletto, Aklex, Akbolto, and Akbronco....

Seems that it was either overlooked or not worth it..  Like the Akmagnus and Aksomati.

Edited by MBaldelli
edit

On 1/17/2018 at 9:27 AM, Nakrast said:

Well Soma Prime, Scindo Prime, Frost Prime and Vectis Prime are vaulted as well, didn't stop DE from selling/giving them away. Plus:

On 1/17/2018 at 9:58 AM, Inquizitor said:

Yes, you are correct in a way: Vasto prime is vaulted, but

AkVasto Prime is not a part of Prime Vault. In a way, it could be built literally from "akimbo" parts rather than 2 separate vastos. Like AkStiletto/Akbolto Prime....like:

2x Akbolto Prime Barrel

2x Akbolto Prime Receiver

1x Akbolto Prime Link

Same way could be Akvasto made. From 2x Akvasto Barrels, 2 Receivers & Link. Not 2 separate Vastos.

This way, they would keep single Vasto a part of Vault, and Akvasto separate weapon that wouldnt violate any "rules".

This^

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

On 1/17/2018 at 10:27 AM, Nakrast said:

Let’s take a look at the Axi A2 Relic:

oxaytcZ.jpg

Boom, done, For Akvasto Prime. Make it a promotional Relic that can be earned for whenever Nova Prime gets unvaulted.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

I think it's highly unlikely because there is already a vasto prime. No way they are doing two prime variations of the same gun. It's more probable they would do a unique revolver one off that's similar to the vasto, just different in feel and stats.

Would rather see akpyrana prime:)