Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #105 Art Showcase!

[DE]Rebecca

Devstream105_1080p.jpg

Who:  Rebecca is joined by members of Warframe’s Character Art and Weapons Team! Geoff, our Art Director will take his usual spot, and we’re adding Ray, Kaz, and Skyers to the mix! Just a few members of our talented art team that make Warframe possible!

What:  This stream will be an artistic buffet to behold! Never before seen Deluxe Skin concepts, a deep dive into ‘Apostasy’ character art, general insight into improvements coming to our character art, and so much more. We may even bring you some live sculpting! We’ll also be taking your art related questions.

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as a Mirage Prime Access!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this January 26th at 2 p.m ET!

Please ask your ART focused questions here!

@[DE]Rebecca 

709/5000

we need the nemesis system urgently;
We need a new treat for mastery! High level should really mean a great power, we can also create a new force meter that really shows the power of the tenno and its abilities, add a better evaluation of its influence in the system and a better way to evolve weapons, warframes, companions, sentinels and other things that need to be improved to be able to evolve and increase their strength ... to work on a new level of power, to make us go behind a weapon or map because we just want to raise the level ... I think it would be more attractive. The unions could really fight one another for planets lets them dominate ...

Sean Bigham's concept for the Fragor Prime has the cylinders on the two front sides of the head of the hammer full of elemental energy. Can this please be implemented?

Fragor Prime

Also, would the art and modeling team be willing to update the looks of old/early prime Warframes such as Mag or Frost? They are in some cases literally reskin with gold.

I figure this gets asked a million times, but, what's the best sort of content to put in a portfolio? Either for DE or game dev studios in general. Especially for someone who's primarily self taught? Obviously a well-rounded portfolio is important but I'm wondering if there's anything specific that should be focused on.

Additionally, a lot of studios like to shoot for extremely realistic-looking concept art, (understandably) so I'm curious how much personal style plays into the selection process, either negatively or positively. Is the industry like cartooning, where personal style is good but the end goal is for everyone in the studio to hold to a certain homogeneous look for "official" pieces?

Also, any recommendations from the professionals for free/cheap painting or modeling programs? This ties in slightly to the previous question, as I recently downloaded Krita and so far while I'm loving it, it's extremely intricate in its brushes but seems to also be severely lacking in some areas compared to Photoshop. What's the usual workflow look like as far as jumping between programs?

Your art team has made some phenomenal work over time, but I got a problem with your recent deluxe skins, or at least your process. We typically as of late are only shown the mode when it's pretty far in development, not allowing for good community feedback on what could improve it so that we like it more.

could you guys perhaps give several deluxe skin concept arts to the Design Council, let them vote on it, then give some criticism of the one they choose, and then start modeling? I think it would make a lot more players happy and reinforce that you guys listen to your playerbase.

Since this worked so well last time with the Void Dash bug on controllers (thanks again!), there's another strange issue I've noticed with Nova's Null Star. There seems to be a 1-3 second soft-lock from casting other abilities, using melee, and reviving teammates shortly after casting. I think the game is registering her ability as taking longer than it actually does to cast since it says "Ability in use" when trying to cast anything else immediately after. You can see in the GIF below. You can't quite tell when trying to use melee but you can see the UI freak out when trying to cast another ability. Both the melee and the ability keys were spammed immediately after casting it. I did notice that the soft-lock doesn't last quite as long on PC so it could be an issue that worsens with less frame rate

The issue may seem small but it can be quite frustrating when surrounded by 20 level 100 enemies and you can't revive or use melee for a few seconds

nrg484.gif

Archived