Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #105 Art Showcase!

[DE]Rebecca

- Is it even being considered to get the old parkour animations implemented in the new system?

- Will the metallic parts of Solstice skins ever be "fixed"? (It's been a long time since Titania solstice skin dont match properly with her helmet and wings... just sayin')

- Enemy articulas?

- Is Nef Anyo ever making an appearance or that model of Devstream 56 got scrapped?

- *cough cough* Lotus face? *cough*...

- Equinox alt helmet?

since it's an art focused stream, has there been any talks in the past or currently of redesigning or updating the older primes? frost and excalibur for example are really basic and don't differ from the vanilla frame, especially if you swap helmets

with the best defense contest (the one that introduced the jat kusar), the original post stated that the top 3 weapons would be introduced into the game, with first place (jat kusar) having already been implemented. If you go back to look at the post, however, it's lacking that specific line. will the 2nd and 3rd place weapons be introduced still?

was the infested nodachi (from the above contest) the inspiration to create a "heavy katana" melee class, rather than stick it within the heavy blade class?

are there any concepts for primed frames that didn't make the cut, or were modified into what they are now?

going back to closed beta for a bit, excalibur prime was the first prime, and with it, brought about a new class of frames. What inspired the orokin design and the designs of older prime frames?

when making a new stance, how do you determine what combos would look good, or would be suitable for the game.

are there any scrapped stances, or combos that were just too ridiculous or unnecessary?

when designing a deluxe skin, is there a set theme that's established, or a certain element of the skin that's focused on and then expanded upon, or does the artist just whip up something cool or interesting looking?

when coming up with weapon and accessories to include in a deluxe skin bundle, what's the process of determining what weapons should go with the skin?

#1 Will we ever get Prime alt helmets?

#2 Is it possible to implement  an option that allows you to tweak the insertion point of Syandanas on our warframes? Some syandanas insert in the lower back of some warframes compared to the shoulders of others and it looks really,really bad.

So, I see the Khora helmet will transofrm with IPS. Does that mean we will get more alt helmets when she's done? I thought there was 3rd equinox helmet being made. I want more alts for Nezha, Octavia, Titania, Nidus and Harrow!

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Never before seen Deluxe Skin concepts

To clarify, does this mean we get to see other variations of existing assets or new showcases for upcoming ones?

Question: Initially the deluxe skins seemed to focus on really presenting a different and transformative aesthetic to their respective warframes, but the recent skins such as Nekros' and Mesa's seem less transformative and more complimentary to the existing silhouette and design. On the other hand, the showcased Octavia skin seems to rekindle some of that wildness! 

So what is the direction going forward for skins? 

Secondly, are we going to see more weapon skins in the future, preferably of the deluxe kind? I need more ways to fashionframe my guns!

Are Proto skins considered deluxe skins, or will Excalibur receive his own deluxe skin more in line with the others down the road?

Also, do you guys plan to release multiple deluxe skins for each warframe in the future?

Three questions:

1) I was wondering if you might be willing to add more of a visual flair to Syndicate operatives. For example, giving Steel Meridian operatives Grineer-ish armor, or Red Veil a sash and daggers?

2) Will there be more Operator outfits? Any chance of adding some Syndicate-based ones (like, Cressa Tal’s hood or Paladino’s mask)?

3) Any thoughts on adding leather and fur Warframe and Operator cosmetics?

thanks.

Is it feasible to let us mix and match frame idle stances? Currently, we just pick one and it gets applied to every weapon but what if we could open a further customization menu and select a different idle animation for each weapon type? Like, let's say I want excal's noble animations for rifle grip but rhino's agile for pistols and a third frame's idle when I don't have any weapon equipped (or any other combination, you get the point).

Correct me if I'm thinking about this the wrong way but it wouldn't actually require the creation of any new animations, right? For transitions you can use the transitions into melee. Like, let's say you want to switch between a primary and pistol that have different idles equipped. You take the transition from primary into melee, then chain melee-to-pistol and speed up both of those twice. That way you can make transitions between anything with currently existing animations.

Another concern might be an increase in UI complexity but I think the expansion of options for players to express themselves with outweighs that. Also, this encourages buying multiple idles in order to mix and match exactly what we like, rather than the current system where we just pick one and stick with it.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream105_1080p.jpg

Who:  Rebecca is joined by members of Warframe’s Character Art and Weapons Team! Geoff, our Art Director will take his usual spot, and we’re adding Ray, Kaz, and Skyers to the mix! Just a few members of our talented art team that make Warframe possible!

What:  This stream will be an artistic buffet to behold! Never before seen Deluxe Skin concepts, a deep dive into ‘Apostasy’ character art, general insight into improvements coming to our character art, and so much more. We may even bring you some live sculpting! We’ll also be taking your art related questions.

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as a Mirage Prime Access!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this January 26th at 2 p.m ET!

Please ask your ART focused questions here!

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

@[DE]Rebecca

Please I know she is a ways out. But please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Can Mesa Prime please have a full length Prime Duster. Please!!! 

Thank you 😀

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Any position on immortal skins. Currently they are a bit of a mess, with some working well with prime warframes and some not. An example of one that is really bad is Valkyr's (which does almost nothing), while a good one that works well, while keeping the prime aspect, is Saryn's. There are some that do apply to primes, but basically make it look like the standard warframe (e.g. Banshee), which also, to me at least, is a shame.

Personally, I'd like to see all of them look good on primes, perhaps with the addition of having another skin option to have a "non-prime" immortal look to prime frames if desired. I loved the immortal look on Valkyr and it makes me so disappointed to loose that on the primed frame, especially given that I had to pay platinum for it. Also, given that the metallic trim tint is also used for some of the non-trim areas on these skins, will we ever get an extra trim colour channel at any point?

Thank you.

Any plans to help out the players (like myself) who sold their gilded rank 30 mote amp before it was revealed that they give MR points and are now left w/o those said points?

+ The only way to get the mote amp again is to sell all other amps you have and we know thats not the right solution.

Hey, this is my chance! XD Questions, questions for them all!

Imperative question that I urge Rebecca to ask: VOLT (+PRIME) AND VAUBAN (NON PRIME) CLOTH PHYSICS WHEN? :crylaugh:

Q1: Can you tell us some pieces you guys have worked on recently? I know Kaz has done Nekros Irkalla and Skyers did work on the Inaros Canopic Helmet, but I'd be interested to know what other projects they've done too!

Q2: I know Mynki did previously have the main inspiration behind the Prime Warframes. Now that the team has been redone, how is the process? Also, congratulations on Hydroid and Mirage! Eagerly awaiting this year's rounds with Zephyr, Limbo, Chroma and Mesa :)

Q3: I do know this will be in art stream, but how will the improved textures and details you guys showcased on Devstream #100? Will they be an additional texture map on top of the already existing ones or do a few have to be updated?

Q4: Last question, but when can we expect more PBR? I can't wait for Ash, Pyranna and many, MANY more Warframe and weapons updated!

Thanks in advance! Love your work guys! :D

3 hours ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

meanwhile we're still waiting for :

A) Khora

B) That famous  " we'll monitor and keep an eye on gara's MV to add tweaks / changes " promise and actual changes because the feedback left by the community leaves no doubts about what you did with that change

C) News on Volt's 4

wow  wow volts 4 ??? i like my volt the way it is dfk

It will soon be 5 years since the launch of Warframe.  A lot has happened in this time for the betterment of Warframe longevity. 
Which brings me to my question.  Throughout the years DE have went back and Revisited old Warframes, powers yet never their aesthetics.

I'm not requesting a Redesign for their quote on quote “vanilla” forum But, a redesign for the older Prime Warframes would be quite nice.  Such as Ash Prime Mag Prime, Rhino Prime, Volt Prime Will Just-Eat generation 1 Primes Frame. Since the launch of Warframe the Primes have designs have been getting better. Yet, the generation 1 Prime Frame have been forgotten In Design

I'm curious to see; What you would do if you had a second shot at Rhino Prime.

3 hours ago, ExpGui said:

Your art team has made some phenomenal work over time, but I got a problem with your recent deluxe skins, or at least your process. We typically as of late are only shown the mode when it's pretty far in development, not allowing for good community feedback on what could improve it so that we like it more.

could you guys perhaps give several deluxe skin concept arts to the Design Council, let them vote on it, then give some criticism of the one they choose, and then start modeling? I think it would make a lot more players happy and reinforce that you guys listen to your playerbase.

I agreed up to "Design Council"

Honestly in 15 months of playing WF, I never liked a single decision made by the DC.

A poll lasting a week-end here on the official forums, hell yeah

Archived