Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #105 Art Showcase!

[DE]Rebecca

I've got 2 questions:

• Will TennoGen be expanded beyond skins for helmets? And if so happens, then how will your future releases of skins look like then?
  • Warframe got a very unique artstyle even in the Sci-Fi genre, what is the art teams artistical insperation for making the warframe artstyle?

Thank you for a great game.

Proto weapon skins

• Any ETA of those? And is Bronco skin will be usable on Akimbo version? (I hope it will be).

Zaw weapons

• Noticed that you can't use specific class skins on Zaw weapons, is this intended? Or we can expect some tweaks and changes in future in that regard?

Nusku Pistol Skin

• Is this a bug that this skin can't be used on some Secondaries? For example, Euphona Prime and Tysis can't equip this skin, it doesn't even appear in Appearance.

Infested Landscape

• I know you're busy with the Corpus one and there are probably even more ideas and plans, but have you considered a completely infested landscape area? Because I just can't not share this @Stenchfury's concept :D

It's amazing.

Tennogen Sigils and Armour

• Is there any chance we may see Tennogen Sigils in the future? Perhaps, even Syndicate-specific. Sadly, as much as I love being in Steel Meridian, I can't say that their sigils are that easy to place to look good and reasonable.
  • As far as I know, back in Workshop's release days, there were some serious complications (clipping, adjusting per frame etc.) regarding fan-made armour, so this part of Tennogen was out of the question. But do you still hope to make it available for Tennogen someday? I think it's been 3 years since Workshop release? And there are so many talented Tennogen and Concept creators...

Operator Tennogen and Syndicate suits

• I think there's a fat chance you guys already saw these conceptsand I can't not think about Syndicate-specific Operator suits after we got Ostron ones. It's just too good to be ignored. I suppose the clipping issues are still a big deal in this case, but...

Were you thinking about putting Operator fashion in Tennogen's available materials/tools?

Because, unfortunately, the Syndicates didn't have any serious content updates for a long time: warframe augments on occasion (one of the augment polls was closed on May, 2016, and yet only a couple of those made it into the game so far) and weapon augments only via not-so-often events

Nyx, Excalibur Deluxe skins

• While it's well-known that Proto skins considered «Deluxe», is there any chance that Excalibur and Nyx will also get unique deluxe skins like Trinity Strega, or Rhino Palatine to make them really unique without being visually connected to precursors or existing game's themes?

Since this is sorta art related I guess?

Is there ever going to be any plans to bring some of the rooms from the Eris Infested Ship / Europa Crashed Ship / Orokin Derelict tilesets into their normal counterparts for the ships they belonged to / void tile set? Theres a lot of interesting rooms in there that makes you wonder "What would these look like in their pristine state before they were all run down?"

It would certainly be interesting to see what they'd look like pre destroyed state and give the corpus ships and the void a bit more unique tiles to liven it up.

How has the art of Warframe been impacted by the communities in which the artists live?  

One of the things that drew me into Warframe was the visual style of the game.  I definitely feel like I'm in an alien place and time while playing but the Warframe universe also feels plausible in many respects.  I'm a huge fan of the Foo Fighters and their Sonic Highways album which directly drew inspiration from various communities, specifically the lyrics.  Are there any aspects of the Warframe universe that drew inspiration from the London scene, the giant windmills scattered throughout the Ontario countryside, or even more subtle things like the arrangement of tile in the bathroom at a local bar?  

The gargantuan Eidolon revealed in Devstream 100 looks the most distinct compared to every other Sentient unit in game currently. Is there anything that can be said about the inspiration behind its design, how/why it was made as such? And has there any progress on it since we last saw the (WIP?) model?

Okay here are two questions for you guys, related to Apostasy artwork:

If the Orokin value beauty, perfection, symmetry, all that jazz-- then what's the deal with Ballas' right arm? :smile:
And if you, through Ballas, are bringing in more Orokin involvement, will we see updates / expansion of their design / architecture?

I know this is not art related, but we got teased with the news of a zephyr/atlas rework. Any news on that?

As for something art-related: 

1. Is that a new standard helmet for khora or an alt? - Or is it just one of the damage type visual differences maybe?

2. Who worked out the standard designs for the sentient? And what are they inspired by (Bonus: What about that sentient outpost?)

3. Also related to sentients: What about that new ---lyst model? With the archwing thrusters

4. Any chance primes like frost, mag, nyx prime will get a little makeover? The helmets are great but their bodies could use a little flair to stand out from their default.

QUESTIONS:

1. Will you consider alleviating Riven RNG (4 layers of it!!!)? Please allow full stat re-rolls for a low flat cost, and re-rolling single stats (keeping others) for a high increasing cost. Simply obtaining a Riven for the weapon you want is already difficult enough.

2. Will you be improving the dismemberment effects? The higher-res blood is great, but it's weird to watch shrunken heads roll around following high-caliber headshots. Seeing something like heads disintegrating due to puncture damage or proper decapitated heads/helmets falling off due to slash damage would be great.

Full explosion gibs when?

3. Better sprinting animation (longer strides at faster speeds as opposed to simply accelerated running) when? Volt's Speed and other boosting makes sprinting look very... Unpolished. Can we also see some gameplay revisions to make sprinting a little more useful next to bullet-jumping constantly?

4. Following the advent of Parkour 2.0, it is painfully obvious how poorly-adapted most of your tilesets are to actual use of the system. Flat surfaces for hopping/clinging are sparse at best, and tiny snags that totally kill momentum/block further movement are near ubiquitous. Will we at least see some terrain hitbox revisions to better facilitate parkour-based movement that isn't simply bullet-jumping or changing direction?

I have a question for the Art Team, but first a statement to set up my question:  The skins for Frost Prime and Mag Prime are both very simplistic, to the point it's very hard to tell the difference between the prime and non-prime skins if you change the helmet and colors.  [Here's the question] Are there any plans to revisit Frost Prime and Mag Prime to create an OPTIONAL updated prime skin for them?  

You can very quickly by looking at the other Primes that they're Primes.  I don't want to be forced to buy a premium skin in order to [let's be honest here] brag that I'm using a Mag Prime or Frost Prime.  FashionFrame is seriously the best part of Warframe's endgame, and I feel like there isn't enough flair to Mag and Frost's prime skins.

Archived