Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Different founders program?

-Mrtqz-

1 minute ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

I don't think WF will ever get out of the perpetual beta it is in; I also don't see that as a bad thing. For now we have PA and PV. 

Yeah, there will never be an "official release" of Warframe. The game can essentially morph into anything because of it's perpetual beta (as shown by POE)

Warframe is not in beta. This is just something DE likes to say. If your game has been out for 5 years and you are making real money from the people playing it, then you don't get to pretend its still in beta. 

That's like buying a car and the salesman goes "yeah, yeah, you know, the engine doesn't work quite as intended and the breaks are not as we hoped they would be, but just pay us now and you get to drive around in this and then when we have the proper engine and breaks ready we'll install them for you."

33 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Warframe is not in beta. This is just something DE likes to say. If your game has been out for 5 years and you are making real money from the people playing it, then you don't get to pretend its still in beta. 

That's like buying a car and the salesman goes "yeah, yeah, you know, the engine doesn't work quite as intended and the breaks are not as we hoped they would be, but just pay us now and you get to drive around in this and then when we have the proper engine and breaks ready we'll install them for you."

dont think you understand what beta means

Isn't this like Prime Access?

Anyway, the game is already well-funded and unlikely need to generate any income for truly funding initial development of the game.

As such, a Founders program at this point will be just like the Chinaframe Excalibur Umbra Founders Access which is nothing more than a cash grab.

The name "Founders" in this new program will be in name only.

Personally, I don't mind but my stand will always be I want what I paid for which means to leave the original Founders' exclusive stuff alone.

The new "Founders" program? I will still buy it since I have bought most of the Prime Accesses released so far.

That said, I doubt this will happen.

7 hours ago, ThatKidChill said:

Warframe is still in beta right, So when the game finally releases there could be a new founders program but not with excal prime another prime like Frost umbra prime and this could go out on console as well.

We already have something like that and it's called Prime Access. Also Warframe is released we all now it, it's still legally in beta due to taxation purposes. 

Edited by Fire2box

17 minutes ago, xXHobbitXx said:

its a perpetual beta, like i stated, i dont think you understand what beta means :)

But I told you, this is not true. The game is not a perpetual beta. This is just something DE likes to pretend. Them pretending it, doesn't make it true.

The game may well be in perpetual development. But that is something very different from a beta.

4 minutes ago, rune_me said:

But I told you, this is not true. The game is not a perpetual beta. This is just something DE likes to pretend. Them pretending it, doesn't make it true.

The game may well be in perpetual development. But that is something very different from a beta.

Perpetual beta (or 'banana principle') is the keeping of software or a system at the beta development stage for an extended or indefinite period of time. It is often used by developers when they continue to release new features that might not be fully tested.

stop arguing, its beta with that defintion, DEs defintion and it always has been, just accept it already :)

8 minutes ago, xXHobbitXx said:

Perpetual beta (or 'banana principle') is the keeping of software or a system at the beta development stage for an extended or indefinite period of time. It is often used by developers when they continue to release new features that might not be fully tested.

stop arguing, its beta with that defintion, DEs defintion and it always has been, just accept it already :)

"Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs."

Hence you will never introduce something majorly new into a beta. No new weapons, no new levels, etc. You only fix bugs before the final release. This was rule number one we were taught when I got my education: No new features during beta testing, unless the testing shows that they are absolutely needed.

And I say again: if you allow your users to spend money in game (i.e. not via some external source like Kickstarter) and you are happily taking their money for the products you sell, then you don't get to call it a beta - then it's a finished product, because taking people's money for something that is only half finished would be a really, really sh**ty thing to do.

1 hour ago, xXHobbitXx said:

Banana Beta sounds better.

Anyway, back on track with the OP, that is not going to happen as the game was released several years ago.