Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

55 minutes ago, dreadgame said:

Some issues with raids i could think of right at this moment: 

• Hoarding arcanes with alts for profit
  • Mandatory EV TRINITY for 99% of squads(especially for those who don't like to craft and use en pads)
  • Jv messy maps(infested maps in general)
  • Glitches and shortcuts
  • Raid failing bugs(jordas misdocking, lor insta fail in phase 2 if less than 4 p in squad, multiple batteries, injectors not filling completely, bugged pads, etc..)

On the other hand it was a good source of credits and 30m-60m boosters, not to mention arcanes that are worth something in trade(for the moment), and three of the few challenges which separates casuals from experienced.

When they come back they better have fixed most of the issues I listed and to be replaced with minor ones.

EV is certainly not mandatory in JV

56 minutes ago, dreadgame said:
  • Hoarding arcanes with alts for profit
  • Mandatory EV TRINITY for 99% of squads(especially for those who don't like to craft and use en pads)
  • Jv messy maps(infested maps in general)
  • Glitches and shortcuts
  • Raid failing bugs(jordas misdocking, lor insta fail in phase 2 if less than 4 p in squad, multiple batteries, injectors not filling completely, bugged pads, etc..)

"hoarding" with alts doesn't in anyway reduce the number of arcanes you can get by running it yourself.

Trin is not mandatory on ANY of the the three trials - just makes things easier and the WF community is all about the easy.

JV is a small interior map that is easy to learn if you pay attention to the landmarks.

Glitches and shortcuts abound in this game - and the shortcuts make the raids EASIER.

Jordas misdocking simply means aiming the spore in a slightly different spot.  Lor fail if less than 4 people is not a bug its by design.  You can't even start any Trial with less than 4.  The pads have *mostly* been fixed a long time ago - and when they need to be reset (when someone dies on one for example) everyone just needs to get off at the same time to reset them. You know - teamwork.

On 08/02/2018 at 7:13 AM, Chipputer said:

If upvotes are all it takes to be correct then let me go grab a bunch of my friends, say, "Raids dying is a good thing, thanks DE," and have them all upvote it 50 times.

Raids were run by a very small portion of the playerbase because they're boring, cookie cutter, and have next to no worthwhile rewards that you can get in a timely manner. They're unrewarding. They're not fun. They're not well maintained. They're incredibly insular. They offer next to nothing for the game, as a whole.

Your opinion. If the rewards aren't anything you are interested in then you don't need to play them. Not everything is going to be for you. One of the most common reasons im seeing in this thread is that you have to find a group and the raids arent fun and not worth it. Don't do them then, you aren't being forced. You don't need arcanes, they are not essential, and i am against the perspective that every single last item in the entire game needs to be earnable by a solo player. Google Warframe, the tagline for this game is "A CO-OP focused shooter". You aren't even locked out of arcanes if you are strictly a solo player either, just buy them for plat if you want them so bad. What are you going to complain that an arcane set like energize can cost you like 4000 plat? So can a really good riven. It's supply and demand, nothing disgusting about this. You have no idea what the drop table for the Eidolons are even going to be and they could be so hard to get it drives the price up even more. I'm not saying you share ALL these views neccesairlly but its a lot of what im seeing here.

37 minutes ago, BodyDanceStomp said:

Yeah, I am sad that most of the people that agree with this change are also people that have never even tried raiding.

Except that he did, clearly did not like it and never went back.  That's why raids only make up a bit over 1% of daily played missions.

4 minutes ago, Aggh said:

Except that he did, clearly did like it and never went back.  That's why raids only make up a bit over 1% of daily played missions.

Oh of course. Because doing one raid ever will convince somebody to not do any raid ever again. He did not even try JV, which is in my opinion much more enjoyable. Nope, he did one raid. Ever. In 3 years.

Oh yeah, he definitely is a person who tried raids.

I'm bitter about this change and I haven't even gotten to play any Trials/Raids. Not sure if I can say something that someone else hasn't in this thread, but please, PLEASE do not remove Trials as a whole. At the very least, keep them as a legacy system somehow as a form of tribute to those who once played them and the other players like me who aspired to play them (but never did for their own reasons). I didn't care about the Dark Sector armistice because ICE was a toxic clan abusing the Tax system and held a lot of of the sectors which dissuaded players from using the system. That Armistice has been up for the majority of about 3 or 4 years I have been playing Warframe, and I can't stand to see Trials/Raids to get the same treatment.

Don't just move all the rewards to Eidolons. Have a fully fledged replacement ready if you're going to remove them.

I understand there is a need to put decent rewards behind Eidolons but is there a need to also kill off raids in such a hamfisted attempt to push everyone towards PoE?

If Eidolons have a daily lockout on arcanes and raids have a separate daily lockout, won't both gamemodes complement each other? We raiders would be ok with minimal support on raids, no need to fix annoying bugs like misdock (we can play around that, we can't play around raids not existing), just commit to fix complete gamebreaking bugs (things like missing texture after Earth rework, which hopefully aren't that common).

We could have a win win here, players who hate raids can still get arcanes and we still get to keep raids.

DE please, this change will really hurt the community I play with, kindly reconsider.

8 minutes ago, BodyDanceStomp said:

Oh of course. Because doing one raid ever will convince somebody to not do any raid ever again. He did not even try JV, which is in my opinion much more enjoyable. Nope, he did one raid. Ever. In 3 years.

Oh yeah, he definitely is a person who tried raids.

Lol.  That's a way to sell a product.   Only 1% of people every day try it so it's not the content's fault, it's because people who are turned off by it just didn't give it enough tries.  Come back to the real world.  It's pretty impressive that DE kept on throwing resources at it for this long.

3 minutes ago, Elof said:

I understand there is a need to put decent rewards behind Eidolons but is there a need to also kill off raids in such a hamfisted attempt to push everyone towards PoE?

You're letting paranoia get the best of you.  DE is perfectly capable of making new rewards, they just don't need to since they're removing trials for completely legitimate reasons.

2 minutes ago, Aggh said:

You're letting paranoia get the best of you.  DE is perfectly capable of making new rewards, they just don't need to since they're removing trials for completely legitimate reasons.

Words are easy, actions seldom lie.

3 minutes ago, Aggh said:

Lol.  That's a way to sell a product.   Only 1% of people every day try it so it's not the content's fault, it's because people who are turned off by it just didn't give it enough tries.  Come back to the real world.  It's pretty impressive that DE kept on throwing resources at it for this long.

I don't know if you realize how statistics work, but If a person does 3 raids a day and then does 12 extermination missions, raids are already at 20%. Now take to an account if we bring another person in, who does not raid, but did 5 extermination missions and 10 spy missions. That brings raid to 10% already. Even tho in the statistics, half of the people were raiding.

Now that I explained you the basics, try imagining this on a larger scale. You have 100 people, 20 of them do raids.

Problem is, that repeatable missions count more times.

I could make the same argument about Conclave, that is being played less, even tho you can repeat the mission. Or even interception, which is also repeatable and still oly lies at 3%. You cannot use this statistics to your argument, because that argument is jut not working for you.

I'm trying to remain respectful, as being a negative nancy just isn't my style, I'd like to keep this as relaxed and as professional as possible, regardless of my poor literacy skills.

I'd like to remind you DE of what the WFRSB is and what it is exactly they do, as you've seemed to of forgotten from when you interviewed key figures in the community way back when. The Warframe Raid School Bus is a community filled with VOLUNTEERING (a person who works for an organization without being paid.) players to teach old and new players alike how to do what appears to be some of the most daunting content in the game. These people go out of their way to help random strangers they do not know, they do not receive any sort of finance or benefits from giving up their free time to do this, nor do the veterans of the content that help the "bus drivers" in order to ensure a smooth teaching experience.

By removing the Trials, you are causing massive damage to this wonderful community that have done nothing but help enhance the experience of Warframe for the player base that comes across them.I cannot think of many other games that are so fortunate to have such a willing organisation that can break new players into what may seem as scary things to them.

And you're just throwing them under their own bus, almost a year and a half of their effort is being thrown away "temporarily".

Look, I'm sorry, but if this is the same kind of temporary that Dark Sectors are still going from, then you need to give us a proper road map of when these things are going to return, because this is what is frustrating the most, the closely knit raid community is panicking because they do not know when this integral part of their Warframe experience is returning, is it a few months? Half a year? a whole year? 3 years? We don't know because you're not telling us, and considering that you yourselves said that "The interest in Trials just isn't there." How do you think it makes everyone feel who enjoys this unique content? Everyone is worried that they're never going to return because that just seems to be the proper future at this point.

You are destroying this great sub-community that have put so much time and effort into bringing the Trials experience as a part of the main game. Why? So you can entice people into doing Plains? Going a bit off topic here, but I actually don't even like PoE DE, because it's so tedious to get around in, "Oh but you can use your Archwing!" And yes this is true, but why is it a gear slot item that I need to build, to have that convenience? Why can I not just press a button and bam, my Archwing comes down?

I implore you to please rethink your already decided decision to remove LoR and JV from the game, why can we not make some sort of middle ground? Because you want to re-use rewards? Or is there something a bit more odd going on here.

I just think it's so insulting to these people who have done wonders for the community of your game, and you're putting them on the indefinite shelf them for no proper reason.

and before you put this thread into wherever the mega thread is, please stop forcing us in PoE, if we want to go there, we'll go there.

vor 34 Minuten schrieb Aggh:

I think math isnt your real strength, only 1% of the MISSIONS were raids, but there you have to take into account, that you will do the raid only once per reset normally, because you get only 1 time per reset an arcane. The repeatable missions are giving the same amount every time you play them. 

The Raid School Bus has a 14k community + many localized versions of it exists for example "Warframe Ger" so we dont speak from a few players, we speak from a active social bound part of the community with a high MR.

As i can see, you dont played warframe without breaks, so you are one of the player that get back, play 1-2 month and are lost again for 6-12 month, but we speak about a active loyal community, that plays warframe the whole time, whose have nothing to do except sortie and raids. 

If i looked right you never done a single raid, so why do you now get involved into the discussion?? If you dont like the raids, just dont play it and buy the arcanes like other player do too. I never got warm with the PVP part of warframe, but i never would say "i hate conclave and lunaro, why you didnt shut it down already years ago. Hey and the rewards put them into a normal alarm, so it will be easy accessible for even a MR2, cause he need the conclave exclusive weapon skins". This would be the same bull....it  as you have written above in your answer to the thread.

I'm glad they'll be moving the rewards to teralysts. Despite having played for over 4 years and having every warframe I've never done a raid because of how it required picking a squad and communicating etc. Picking a group in recruit for a relic / farming run or joining a random squad is about as much communication with other players I want. If some rewards are locked behind content that doesn't really require skill or high end gear but requires to get a group together, that's not really a wise decision. They could however leave the trials in place for people that like running them, just add the rewards to the teralysts as well.

7 minutes ago, The_Unfettered said:

and before you put this thread into wherever the mega thread is, please stop forcing us in PoE, if we want to go there, we'll go there.

oops too late LOL

On the mega thread subject, as this has quickly moved into the to top 20 of replied to threads on the entire forum, wouldn't that be a fitting tag?

The problem with trials, like everything else in Warframe, is no explanation!  I just started playing a couple of months ago, and have been amazed at how good this game is.  It's one thing to design a game to make people figure stuff out, but that's not how this game is, it's just like it's all missing.  So I am MR 11, have done a lot of stuff, but I've been sitting on crafted keys for the trials for over a month.  I don't know if I join public, if I'll get matched with up to 7 others, or if I queue that way, will I get nobody else and eat my key?  No way to tell!  People will say, go look on the Warframe Wiki, which is an option, but it won't change the fact that the game will throw me into these fights with no experience.  The players are generally very nice in Warframe, but I also avoid trying to put myself in situations where I can screw everyone over because I've learned how the game tells you nothing.  So, I haven't even tried Trials, because I'm too afraid of screwing it up for everyone.  Everyone who is social just says, "don't be that way!" basically.  I'm like the dude above, I'm not big into meeting and making friends in online games anymore.  For one, I'm 40, I just like to play with randos.  I've done the Everquest, WoW, etc raids, but anything that requires a commitment, reliance on others, is all stuff that leads to frustration.  If I do a mission, I can solo them usually, so if the team sucks, who cares?  If I had my way, you'd be able to do every single thing in this game via public matchmaking, and please for the love of all, allow people to extract from all missions.  People doing one round of survival and leaving drives me insane, just do it solo if you want one round of survival people!

It's like the team is bad at communicating in general, because I avoided Warframe for years having no clear idea what the game is.  If it weren't for the Warframe Wiki, I'd likely have quit the first week, that seems like a problem.

34 minutes ago, BodyDanceStomp said:

I don't know if you realize how statistics work, but If a person does 3 raids a day and then does 12 extermination missions, raids are already at 20%. Now take to an account if we bring another person in, who does not raid, but did 5 extermination missions and 10 spy missions. That brings raid to 10% already. Even tho in the statistics, half of the people were raiding.

Now that I explained you the basics, try imagining this on a larger scale. You have 100 people, 20 of them do raids.

Problem is, that repeatable missions count more times.

I could make the same argument about Conclave, that is being played less, even tho you can repeat the mission. Or even interception, which is also repeatable and still oly lies at 3%. You cannot use this statistics to your argument, because that argument is jut not working for you.

Actually, it just makes the number of people playing raids more predictable.  So while it's not ideal and most likely not 100% accurate, you can kind of extrapolate the number based on mission data provided back in 2014.  With 7,818,888 registered users we had 504,213,139 missions run for the year.  Scale that to 2016's (when the 1.28% figure for daily raids was provided) 30 million registered users and you have ~1,934,596,603 for the year, ~5,300,264 per day.  So around 67,843 raids per day, assuming most players run both raids, that's 33,921 or ~3.3% of the player base taking part in raids on a daily basis.  And let's be honest, by now it's significantly less than that.  It's 2 years later and raids have not been getting more popular while the player base has grown by leaps and bounds.

Conclave requires a lot less resources to keep playable and frankly, they should shelve it.  It's well over due for a rework, especially with dark sectors making a come back.

Just now, TexRob said:

The problem with trials, like everything else in Warframe, is no explanation!  I just started playing a couple of months ago, and have been amazed at how good this game is.  It's one thing to design a game to make people figure stuff out, but that's not how this game is, it's just like it's all missing.  So I am MR 11, have done a lot of stuff, but I've been sitting on crafted keys for the trials for over a month.  I don't know if I join public, if I'll get matched with up to 7 others, or if I queue that way, will I get nobody else and eat my key?  No way to tell!  People will say, go look on the Warframe Wiki, which is an option, but it won't change the fact that the game will throw me into these fights with no experience.  The players are generally very nice in Warframe, but I also avoid trying to put myself in situations where I can screw everyone over because I've learned how the game tells you nothing.  So, I haven't even tried Trials, because I'm too afraid of screwing it up for everyone.

It's like the team is bad at communicating in general, because I avoided Warframe for years having no clear idea what the game is.  If it weren't for the Warframe Wiki, I'd likely have quit the first week, that seems like a problem.

https://discord.gg/ajzwGRP join the warframe raid school bus discord server, if you want to try raids before de removes them (and i highly doubt they will listen to what most of these comments say) this server offers instruction on how to do raids and helps players from mr 0 to mr 24 learn raids if they want to, but i would act fast de has a habit of jumping things on us and i doubt they will actually wait untilthe 28th to remove them

4 minutes ago, TexRob said:

4 minutes ago, TexRob said:

I don't know if I join public, if I'll get matched with up to 7 others, or if I queue that way, will I get nobody else and eat my key? 

There is no public matchmaking. You have to host the key, then invite players or be invited to someone hosting. One of the many artificial barriers to entry of the Trials

1 minute ago, Aggh said:

Actually, it just makes the number of people playing raids more predictable. 

the only way it would make it more predictable is if each and every one of those sections of the graphs were also only counted based on 1 mission run a day, i think if you changed it up that way the numbers would say a very different story

Archived