Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So...is the update still coming today? It's 3pm PST.

METAHUMVN

I'm just curious. It's like, what, 5pm or 6pm already where DE is and a lot of people are probably already going home from work. Reb said yesterday that they wanted to release the update "while they are more people in the office". I'm just curious, I'm not insinuating anything. 

Edited by UMBRAREAPER

9 minutes ago, Dr_Who_ said:

They should just release the thing and hotfix any bugs. They instead gives us dates they cant meet.

Its a damned if they do, damned if they don't.

They release the update but it has bugs?  Forums catch fire because of said bugs with tons of people saying "They should have taken more time to fix bugs first."
They hold onto the release to fix the bugs?  Forums catch fire because the updates take too long and "They should release it and hotfix it later"
The tell us the date?  Forums catch fire if they can't keep to the date they say.
They don't tell us the date?  Forums catch fire an demand DE tell them when large updates are coming.

There literally isn't a way for DE to win in these situations....

vor 1 Minute schrieb Tsukinoki:

They release the update but it has bugs?  Forums catch fire because of said bugs with tons of people saying "They should have taken more time to fix bugs first."
They hold onto the release to fix the bugs?  Forums catch fire because the updates take too long and "They should release it and hotfix it later"
The tell us the date?  Forums catch fire if they can't keep to the date they say.
They don't tell us the date?  Forums catch fire an demand DE tell them when large updates are coming.

Still could atleast give us an update about the current situation. Currently I feel pretty much left in the dark and the only way to do anything against that is by stalking DE via social media.

1 minute ago, arharr3 said:

Still could atleast give us an update about the current situation. Currently I feel pretty much left in the dark and the only way to do anything against that is by stalking DE via social media.

That's the problem. DE isn't communicating with the community at all, they're not telling us how the update is going, how close it is, or anything.

Justo ahora, Tsukinoki dijo:

Of course they can win ... They give a date , they keep it and they tested before .... No soy hard for "profesionals" ...

Saddly DE devs seems they are not so much .

2 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

I agree. Sometimes I think the community just really needs to chill. I know that sounds cliche but like for real. We need some chill. If anything today's devstream showed that DE really is listening, and that sometimes they just don't know to respond to 100 different viewpoints about how to handle a certain problem. It's a 300-strong development team and they aren't always going to have all the answers right away. They're finite just like the rest of us. Their intense ambition is what makes this game both great and buggy at the same time; I'm ready to forgive bugs but I don't ever want DE to give up on their ambition. 

5 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

so true dude

1 minute ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Of course they can win ... They give a date , they keep it and they tested before .... No soy hard for "profesionals" ...

u want a day next week u login and have a nice updates with no bugs

7 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

And then the forums light on fire and complain because "Why should an update take an extra week or two to get to us!  They should just release it sooner!"

DE has tried to set more realistic dates by pushing out the announced date a week or so to give more time for testing and people still complain because its not fast enough, and why doesn't DE just announce things when its ready instead of a week or more in advance?
And of course if they don't announce the expected date people complain DE doesnt tell us when large updates are in the works....

The best DE can do is try to keep a balance between fast updates and keeping to their announced dates.
And DE does a really good job of doing that.

16 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

your aware that even your so called professionals, such as blizzard, bungie etc. release updates with bugs all the time? 

38 minutes ago, UMBRAREAPER said:

I'm just curious. It's like, what, 5pm or 6pm already where DE is and a lot of people are probably already going home from work. Reb said yesterday that they wanted to release the update "while they are more people in the office". I'm just curious, I'm not insinuating anything. 

Usually comes around 1 or 2pm for my time. That's in about an hour or two. It never really comes this early. I have never seen an update come before 12pm my time so we still got time... 

24 minutes ago, Caliboom said:

That's the problem. DE isn't communicating with the community at all, they're not telling us how the update is going, how close it is, or anything.

I find this comment comical given that they had a Devstream not even four hours ago where they spoke many times about this update.

EDIT: Update inbound in 3 minutes. 

Edited by LordEcks

32 minutes ago, LordEcks said:

I find this comment comical given that they had a Devstream not even four hours ago where they spoke many times about this update.

Probably one of the newercomers who does not realize that they do streams, and probably also has some PTSD from the likes of EA or Activision, so they are a bit prepared to panic, and not exactly getting how loose and wildcat DE are in operations, and how crunch time for hefty updates typically goes there.

Edited by UrielColtan