Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game not fun anymore

Colesteyu

The recent update has destroyed my My sons and i experience with warframe.

People after this update are more interested in them selves during random groups and never help downed players anymore.

Also you have have completely destroyed our play styles of the warframes you decided to beat the tenno out of with the Nerf bat.  As a Atlas player i used to use the sustained petrify to hold enemies at bay while another player helped downed players, but the new petrify sucks for this, its not really a support/cc skill anymore but a point blank nuke.  And zeyphrs tornados, used to be a good fire and forget CC now you have to control it which means you can't focus on other things...ooo like helping downed players.

Eidolon was fun at the start but now it has made the game into a pointless grind session...if i want that i'd go back to LOTRO with its there and back again quest system.  At least it had a story that was more than a couple of hours total

So basically you've most probably lost 3 players from this house...and before others out there say good riddance .. something they need to take into account. I'm a gamer i have gamer friends and so do they and so on and on.  If we all start leaving due to toxic players, pointless Nerf genocide etc... the game will eventually die off

Edited by Colesteyu

15 minutes ago, Colesteyu said:

Also you have have completely destroyed our play styles of the warframes you decided to beat the tenno out of with the Nerf bat.  As a Atlas player i used to use the sustained petrify to hold enemies at bay while another player helped downed players, but the new petrify sucks for this, its not really a support/cc skill anymore but a point blank nuke.  And zeyphrs tornados, used to be a good fire and forget CC now you have to control it which means you can't focus on other things...ooo like helping downed players.

New Petrify has a base duration of 20 seconds which is pretty long for abilities plus it instantly work on enemies now no matter the level where as the old one took forever to petrify enemies at higher levels so how is that even a nerf? Mabye you should rework your duration in your build. Also petrified enemies receive but the actual skill itself does no damage which isnt the definition for nuking. Petrify is a debuff skill.

Old Tornado was very situational and still kinda is. Other than now having the ability to steer it, having its damage type changed from magnetic to physical, way it absorbs damage and being a bit better at keeping enemies in it, nothing else were changed. Its still pretty much the same old lame skill with terrible range and a dreadful ability to wander off. It only had its basic functional improved a bit by the features mentioned above so Tornado wasnt even nerfed.

20 minutes ago, Colesteyu said:

People after this update are more interested in them selves during random groups and never help downed players anymore.

My experience is somewhat different from yours.

I generally see people always rushing to try and help downed players. Occasionally I'll see people ignore downed players when everyone is at extraction and the downed player is reaaaally far away (because it's faster if they die and we all get extracted).

I can't speak to Atlas changes, since I don't particularly enjoy him (and haven't played him post-changes). As for Zephyr, you can only control the nearest Tornado, and you only get to do that if you're actually aiming. The other tornadoes act as they did before. What you might be experiencing is that the tornadoes now all spawn where your cursor is on cast, so you don't get the semi-random distribution you used to have. Try casting Turbulence, then cast your Tornado on the downed player. Turbulence will keep you safe at range, while the tornadoes will give a little more breathing room against melees (although it probably gets worse over time as the tornadoes wander away). 

Don't be so silly man lol, this is the best update ever, massive buff for tons of weapons and reasonable(mostly, and DE said they will keep an eye on Ember) frames rework, and as for the "not helping downed players" thing, it's just RNG, some players just don't care about it and u happened to matchmaking them.

hace 52 minutos, Colesteyu dijo:

I usually rush to help other players. However I admit that I have some times opted to not help people in bleeding state... because enemies were kicking my ass too!

It I cannot tank enemies, I would prefer to get rid of nearby enemies before helping a downed player. Why? Because, given I can't tank them, I might die too. Also it can create an opening for another player to help the bleeding player.

Note: Yes, I am aware of Sanctuary and Shelter, and I use them, maxed out. And I have had situations where I get killed regardless of that, which has made me extra cautious.

Now, there are situations where I cannot tank and I can't get rid of nearby enemies. In those situations I would try to rush extraction (or the goal if extraction is not available) that way you do not lose what you got so far in the mission.

And no, I do not have a mic, and in situations near a total party kill, I rather NOT stop to type.

Are you sure none of this was not the case?

hace 52 minutos, Colesteyu dijo:

Also you have have completely destroyed our play styles of the warframes you decided to beat the tenno out of with the Nerf bat.  As a Atlas player i used to use the sustained petrify to hold enemies at bay while another player helped downed players, but the new petrify sucks for this, its not really a support/cc skill anymore but a point blank nuke.

There, you see, these enemies were causing too much trouble.

Also, you see, you understand that trying to get rid of enemies when a player is down makes sense.

---

Yes, it is sad this play style is not viable to you anymore. After the changes, I would assume your atlas needs a lot of thought put into the build, and perhaps some forma.

I haven't tested Atlas yet. However, I think you could focus on his armor and take advantage of rubble to try to help downed players yourself instead of trying to CC.

---

Some alternatives: Use Frost. Invariably a Snow Globe and or an Avalanche will give time to revive people. A rhino is also very good, as it can Stomp and also have Iron Skin. Valkyr is good too, and a well modded Inaros. Vauban's Bastille could also work. Then there is Limbo, who can take advantage of Rift Walk to revive. And Loki, Ivara and even Ash could revive while invisible. I find other abilities lesser... for example Excalibur or even Mirage could blind (Edit: By using Prism and exploding it), and Banshee has Silence, but they are not on pair with a good CC, Tanking or Invisibility.

Note: Haven't tested Gara's Mass Vitrify.

Sadly survivability has been subject of the recent nerfs. Ember is harder to use for survival now (even if she can do more damage), Banshee squishiness will be a problem if you use the new Resonating Quake (Edit: or your fingers will hurt, either one), Volt's Discharge is less of a CC and his Electric Shield has never been on pair with Frost's Snow Globe. I do not really play Ash, however he will not automatically be invulnerable while using his Blade Storm.

I guess Chrome did not lose survivability, did it?

Edited by theraot

6 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

Meanwhile, the biggest issue I'm having with downed players is watching them burn a revive while I'm on my way to help.

This ^.

OP , game won't die cuz of some people not reviving you or after some frame changes. Zephyr and Atlas changes made them more viable also Petrify is NOT a nuke -.-

43 minutes ago, theraot said:

It I cannot tank enemies, I would prefer to get rid of nearby enemies before helping a downed player. Why? Because, given I can't tank them, I might die too. Also it can create an opening for another player to help the bleeding player.

Note: Yes, I am aware of Sanctuary and Shelter, and I use them, maxed out. And I have had situations where I get killed regardless of that, which has made me extra cautious.

But are you awawre that you can simply use your Tenno to get into void mode and ress while being invincible 

hace 8 minutos, Kyoresh dijo:

But are you awawre that you can simply use your Tenno to get into void mode and ress while being invincible 

Yes, I haven't made a practice of it. My operator is squishy as hell anyway, let us not bring the whole focus farming thing.

Just now, theraot said:

Yes, I haven't made a practice of it. My operator is squishy as hell anyway, let us not bring the whole focus farming thing.

Doesnt matter if he is squishy. Just go into operator and hold crouch, as this makes you completely invincible.

hace 2 minutos, Kyoresh dijo:

Doesnt matter if he is squishy. Just go into operator and hold crouch, as this makes you completely invincible.

It is practice.

I need the muscle memory to press crouch right away (I am vulnerable until I press it) and then I move slow (can't run) energy is draining (when it does I am vulnerable), and if my muscle memory says bullet jump I overshot. All under pressure of reviving a player.

I need practice.

Well Ive only been play since thanksgiving 2017, I have noticed more a "clique" vibe, particularly in the relays.  Not saying anything wrong with that.  I help as many players as I can, not to mention players helping me(Thanks for the Free Ash Prime.)  Was recently gifted a free max Prime Continuity, guy didn't know me just a random on region chat.  I was also gifted [Classic Saturated].  Weekly free boosters, 50% off plat, etc.  Now the latest update buffed damage on everything, almost makes the game to easy.

1 hour ago, Colesteyu said:

Eidolon was fun at the start but now it has made the game into a pointless grind session...if i want that i'd go back to LOTRO with its there and back again quest system.  At least it had a story that was more than a couple of hours total

So basically you've most probably lost 3 players from this house...and before others out there say good riddance .. something they need to take into account. I'm a gamer i have gamer friends and so do they and so on and on.  If we all start leaving due to toxic players, pointless Nerf genocide etc... the game will eventually die off

the moment you referenced atlas as an example of a nerf, you lost all credibility. begone ignorant sir.

Edited by Ragingwasabi

1 hour ago, Colesteyu said:

1. People after this update are more interested in them selves during random groups and never help downed players anymore.
  2. Also you have have completely destroyed our play styles of the warframes you decided to beat the tenno out of with the Nerf bat.  As a Atlas player i used to use the sustained petrify to hold enemies at bay while another player helped downed players, but the new petrify sucks for this, its not really a support/cc skill anymore but a point blank nuke.  And zeyphrs tornados, used to be a good fire and forget CC now you have to control it which means you can't focus on other things...ooo like helping downed players.
  3. Eidolon was fun at the start but now it has made the game into a pointless grind session...if i want that i'd go back to LOTRO with its there and back again quest system.  At least it had a story that was more than a couple of hours total
  4. So basically you've most probably lost 3 players from this house...and before others out there say good riddance .. something they need to take into account. I'm a gamer i have gamer friends and so do they and so on and on.  If we all start leaving due to toxic players, pointless Nerf genocide etc... the game will eventually die off
  1. When PuG'ging, which I do a lot even in Sortie, it's best to have a plan to be as self-sufficient as possible in build synergy, and it takes time to gain awareness of where the squad is and what the enemy is doing, few moments make me chuckle and shake my head is when I miss an enemy in a corner that brings me down trying to revive and then we have a cascade of downed teammates, so I can totally see why some can be leery of running to revive a downed player, especially if they don't know about Operator cheese, that even I forget about is available.
  2. Improvise, Adapt, Overcome. You can just as easily clear enemies with an Acid Shells Sobek, or an uninterruptible melee like the Galatine or Atterax, aside from using the mini map to flash petrify enemies. And there are mods like Sanctuary and the Diriga Sentinel has some CC ability, that could be paired with say the Sweeper.
  3. I hope moving forward that the Hunt idea stays within the Plains and as the devs expand to other Free Roam areas, that different ideas are used. So its just the nature of DE's smaller team and the effort it takes to bring new content that just gotta take it in stride.
  4. Shame you feel that way over these minor pet peeves. As I can understand how pet peeves can annoy and get under your skin.

If you guys have questions and/or seek tips that one thing,

if you simply see the recent changes as genocide... [insert Neil deGrasse Tyson meme here]

29 minutes ago, theraot said:

It is practice.

I need the muscle memory to press crouch right away (I am vulnerable until I press it) and then I move slow (can't run) energy is draining (when it does I am vulnerable), and if my muscle memory says bullet jump I overshot. All under pressure of reviving a player.

I need practice.

Reviving outs you under so much pressure? No offense, but why? 

And for practise, its really very simple. Bullet jump/Run or Walk over to the downed Player,  Press 5(for operator) press ctrl(crouch at least for me) and then just press F and and press 5 again to continue whst you were doing.

you dont have to be extremly fast or accurate with the operator either.

@Kyoresh perhaps pressure is not the right word, it is a game after all.

I think I have already expressed the gist of it: habit, practice, muscle memory.

I understand the instructions, I need to make an habit of it, then I can do it without thinking. Without that, currently it is not even in the forefront of my consciousness... which is why I did not mention it even being aware of it (I did not recall).

It is off topic here, however, if it provides some context... let me tell you that my keyboard configuration is far from the usual one. It is not that it is harder, it is not uncomfortable, nor more complex... it just takes a while to get use to it. I use 5 for the operator, that didn't change, A to crouch, I need to press C to revive if I recall correctly... what I did is shifting my cursor keys to the right, so I use SDFE instead of ASDW and then map keys around that.

I have no problem playing in Warframe, I am already used to this configuration... except for the operator, it makes small fraction of my play time, and I am yet to get used to it. Edit: I mean, I start pressing all the wrong buttons, and need to shift attention to the keyboard, meanwhile stuff happens in the game, and well, whatever, that is what I mean by pressure.

Why I did that change? because my left pinky used to hurt. ASDW is natural? No, it isn't. It is just the widespread default among many games, and you have muscle memory for it already developed.

TL;DR; I need to git gut... again.

Edited by theraot

wait...people still use Zephy? That frame got nuked shortly after launch due to so many players complaining. as to atlas, i find he's not as powerful as i'd hoped, i got him, and have only used him a few times and ever since, ignore him. Though i do love my nova prime, so that could be why. Anyways, as to the 'all for me' concept, dude, how new are you? This has been around since before warframes were added. Just be glad people dont' whine and complain when you don't end up at exfil before them. This game has always been a 'me me me' type of game, thats why its best to play with similar minded people and friendly folk. aka, join a guild, make a guild, play with friends online etc. Warframe is a great game, but can easily be ruined by the community, here on the forums, and by players in game using tactics, doing things, that will annoy you. The thing is, will you choose to enjoy the GAME or will you choose to focus on the community, i just got back into it, and i can say with 100% that my guild, The Guardians of the Galaxy, have defiantly made a huge impact for me. They are great, answer my questions are polite, and have helped me out quite a few times when i needed it. If your pushed off after those simple things, then you are either brand new to the game, or letting them bug you way to much. Give it time, i bet atlas will be changed again...and zephy..*shakes head* poor poor zephy, she'll never be the same.