Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe has Loot Boxs!!!!

(PSN)HAVOCS-Regret

Just now, Cryptix123 said:

People lose accounts. I had an account from back when nova was released, got out of the game, got back in april 2016. Couldn't remember account email, had to start over.

I still use my main, actually. Luckily wf allows alts as long as you don't abuse stuff between them.

Try contacting support man. Give them your username and some details only you would know. Maybe your main weapons, the frames you had, formas, unlocked missions, anything.

I won't be surprised if they give you the email if you prove it!

Agreed. They're lootboxes. You're paying cash without knowing what you're going to get. And yeah, relic packs also count because they cost plat (unless you're in a syndicate) yet don't tell you what you'll get.

All mod packs and relic packs should be exclusively purchasable with credits and faction standing, not plat. Although I'd prefer they were removed entirely, as they're still gambling whether or not plat is used.

-Mod packs on the Market contain mods that can easily be obtained with a tiny bit of internet searching, and a lot of killing.

-Relic packs, which can be bought in the Market, can also be obtained from almost any Syndicate (exempting Quills, Cetus, and Simaris), or from doing almost any mission type.

-These packs are thus overlooked and unspoken about to the point of being ignored and/or forgotten. Here's a suggestion: Make these packs purchasable with Ducats, same thing would go for any kind of slot, with a conversion rate which would be fitting (i.e: 5 ducat to 1 platinum, meaning a frame slot is 100 ducats, and a pair of weapon slots would be 62 ducats). 

-Warframe's RNG is notoriously evil, meaning people would rather spend their plat on something cosmetic or via Trade Chat* instead.

-*Then again, traded Plat could end up being spent by a curious mind who wanted to see if it was worth it. Hint: It's not (see: mod transmutation, Void Fissure RNG).

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Plat can be traded for. Smart Tenno wouldn't spend their own currency on such things as they're easily farmed for.

I think I would care about the mod packs and the relic packs IF those where the only way in the game to get mods or relics. 

However for Mods

• Normal Missions Shower you with mods
  • There are semi regular Alerts for specific mods
  • You can transmute* your duplicate mods
  • You can trade mods with other players

For Relics

• Normal missions regularly toss them at you
  • You can buy relic packs with Syndicate points
  • You can trade relics with other players
  • You don't even need to have the specific relic to get the reward from it.

All of those factors make both Mod and Relic packs on the market an actual option that players are free to ignore if they choose. In fact more frequently than not Ignoring the Mod/Relic packs over the alternatives is the more efficient choice. 

The same can not be said for the games that have made loot boxes the problem they are today as they have put all their eggs into the loot box basket and then doubled/tripled down. Those problematic games would need to retool next to every aspect of their loot system if they where to remove their Loot Boxes/Crates.

Where as if Mod/Relic packs vanished from the market tomorrow.... most people wouldn't even notice and the Warframe would continue functioning as normal without needing to modify anything.

Now if there is ever an instance of a Mod pack exclusive Mod then we have a problem..... but that is a pure hypothetical since that isn't how DE has set things up to date. 

*Save for a few Alert/Event mods that you can not gain from transmuting mods but I'm also pretty sure those don't drop from Mod packs either. 

Edited by Oreades

10 hours ago, Dawson1917 said:

Agreed. They're lootboxes. You're paying cash without knowing what you're going to get. And yeah, relic packs also count because they cost plat (unless you're in a syndicate) yet don't tell you what you'll get.

All mod packs and relic packs should be exclusively purchasable with credits and faction standing, not plat. Although I'd prefer they were removed entirely, as they're still gambling whether or not plat is used.

Thanks Dawson :)

4 hours ago, Oreades said:

I think I would care about the mod packs and the relic packs IF those where the only way in the game to get mods or relics. 

However for Mods

• Normal Missions Shower you with mods
  • There are semi regular Alerts for specific mods
  • You can transmute* your duplicate mods
  • You can trade mods with other players

For Relics

• Normal missions regularly toss them at you
  • You can buy relic packs with Syndicate points
  • You can trade relics with other players
  • You don't even need to have the specific relic to get the reward from it.

All of those factors make both Mod and Relic packs on the market an actual option that players are free to ignore if they choose. In fact more frequently than not Ignoring the Mod/Relic packs over the alternatives is the more efficient choice. 

The same can not be said for the games that have made loot boxes the problem they are today as they have put all their eggs into the loot box basket and then doubled/tripled down. Those problematic games would need to retool next to every aspect of their loot system if they where to remove their Loot Boxes/Crates.

Where as if Mod/Relic packs vanished from the market tomorrow.... most people wouldn't even notice and the Warframe would continue functioning as normal without needing to modify anything.

Now if there is ever an instance of a Mod pack exclusive Mod then we have a problem..... but that is a pure hypothetical since that isn't how DE has set things up to date. 

*Save for a few Alert/Event mods that you can not gain from transmuting mods but I'm also pretty sure those don't drop from Mod packs either. 

Good points Oreades, though I have meet a few players (we probably all have) who purchased these things when they were new players and didn't understand what was going on 

To be honest it's well known that those mod packs that are sold are utter sh*t and the mods are normally easy to get just by playing, same with the relic packs. And to be quite frank those packs aren't forced or shoved right in our faces like any game made by Activision, Bungie or Electronic Arts. 

The difference between Digital Extremes and the three greed mongers is DE's Warframe is totally free to pick up and play so some of these micro transactions are passable, but DE goes for really good cosmetics to buy most of the time. The other three directly impact the content of the game which you have to pay $60 for to get access to the game to even get the chance to play the lootbox slot machine.

Like say EA's Payfro- err Battlefront 2 where lootboxes could be bought to buy gun mods, hero/villain cards AND they had different rarities just to fluff the boxes so people buy more. If you played Battlefront 2 to get these cards rather than buy 'em it would take hundreds of hours to get anything decent thus is how EA "encourages" people to gamble their money away on the game.

Same with Activision's CoD WW2 era reboot for gun mods with different rarities and the pitiful cosmetics that have different rarities too for f**ks sake! Hell friggen Bungie just had to follow by putting armor parts, weapons, cosmetics for weapons and armor parts behind the lootbox slot machines! It was also offensive when Curse of Osiris came out when 200 new items were added to the "DLC"... but 100 of those were put behind the lootboxes!

Point being Warframe with the mod packs, not just dragon, and relic packs really doesn't come off as "encouraging" people to buy into the RNG slots or ruining the reputation of DE unlike the other three. Not really anyone cares about those packs they're just there as an option, though a bit bad though lol.

P.S. - I do think the mod packs, not just dragon ones, should be altered make them worthwhile rather than a bad stain on RNG. 

Edited by (PS4)Benjamin_Draco

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2018 at 3:50 AM, Koldraxon-732 said:

Make these packs purchasable with Ducats, same thing would go for any kind of slot, with a conversion rate which would be fitting (i.e: 5 ducat to 1 platinum, meaning a frame slot is 100 ducats, and a pair of weapon slots would be 62 ducats). 

As much as I would love a currency conversion system to be in the game, it would NEVER be with platinum. It would be fun for players, but be a terrible business choice for DE. A conversion of platinum (especially at prices as low as you're saying) there would be literally no reason to buy plat and the game would quickly die. Warframe is a free game, so micro transactions are the game's only form of funding.

I could see conversion being a thing with credits to endo though, but I think that would be about it.

Am 17.2.2018 um 09:13 schrieb LechKril:

These aren't items packaged to get more money from people.

They're relics of an ancient era.

The sooner they get removed, the better.

Yes plain and simple! 

It`s a bit insulting they are still around for that amount of money. The idea you would or could pay 50p for what your average player stocks in the 10.000s or 100.000s as duplicates feels really off. They are pretty much the definition of pay2win and lootboxes, no matter how laughable the idea is from our perspective years later. Which makes them even more of a rip-off, drawing luck aside.

With all the praise Warframe gets within and outside of the community of being "fair" and "you know what you get" these stupid card packs are still around technically.

So either these card packs make enough revenue worth it keeping them around, which leads directly into the problem of overpriced lootbox mechanics. Or they are hopefully never purchased whatsoever, you might as well get rid of them.  

1 hour ago, Sacronian said:

As much as I would love a currency conversion system to be in the game, it would NEVER be with platinum. It would be fun for players, but be a terrible business choice for DE. A conversion of platinum (especially at prices as low as you're saying) there would be literally no reason to buy plat and the game would quickly die. Warframe is a free game, so micro transactions are the game's only form of funding.

I could see conversion being a thing with credits to endo though, but I think that would be about it.

Generally for the Relic/Mod* Packs. I didn't say anything about it applying to all transactions that aren't RNG based.
*Mod packs would also cost Endo, and would be twice as expensive compared to Baro's equivalent offer, giving incentive for people to stock up for Baro more, farm the mods themselves, or trade their way to said mods.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Edited from 'only' to 'generally'.

1 minute ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Only for the Relic/Mod* Packs. I didn't say anything about it applying to all transactions that aren't RNG based.
*Mod packs would also cost Endo, and would be twice as expensive compared to Baro's equivalent offer.

You clearly mentioned slots. those aren't relic and mod packs

1 minute ago, Sacronian said:

You clearly mentioned slots. those aren't relic and mod packs

Point taken. Perhaps lowering slot prices by 50% (though that might be a bit of a push) would, in a perfected world, be a nice idea (less expensive = more affordable = more spending = more slots = more things being made = more rushed completions = grofit).

Just now, Koldraxon-732 said:

Point taken. Perhaps lowering slot prices by 50% (though that might be a bit of a push) would, in a perfected world, be a nice idea (less expensive = more affordable = more spending = more slots = more things being made = more rushed completions = grofit).

btw to bring up you saying

6 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I didn't say anything about it applying to all transactions that aren't RNG based.

I wasn't saying you said that. I was simply just adding on to the idea of currency conversion. I do think it's a cool idea, I just don't ever see it being with turning a currency into platinum

Don't get mad at the wrong people cuz a buncha gamers who never learned how to do without made bad financial decisions allowing publicly traded market scamming companies aware they could exploit addictive behavior for the sake of a buck. It's the public's fault loot boxes went so wrong.

Did you buy the game to play it? Are the items you buy with money unreasonable to attain without?

If the answer to both of these is no then the door is right over there.