Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

this game became such toxic when poe went out

IgorvsMagnvs

i cant resist the toxic levels in the community after the plains came out. i just cant fail a damn 1 small thing without a swears and etc. really. this is just a game but people of today cant allow you make a fail. im playing in the NORTHAMERICA server and i though liberalism is flowing in that place. why i just cant miss 1 thing and fail a rank 1 bounty if we all know i can restart it. i just quit warframe since i cant resist the toxic rank here, after 2 years. isnt there a report option on players? damn DE- DO SOMETHING!

p.s im not saying im noob, just everyone makes mistakes, but some others poison the mistakers...

That's you focusing on the negative, it's not the community as a whole. 

Edit: and yes there is a report function right in the game when you right click their name. 

But I can only guess you never even attempted to look into it, only came running to the forums to vent your frustration because of a few bad experiences

Edited by FashionFrame

hace 10 minutos, superpyromancer dijo:

i cant resist the toxic levels in the community after the plains came out. i just cant fail a damn 1 small thing without a swears and etc. really. this is just a game but people of today cant allow you make a fail. im playing in the NORTHAMERICA server and i though liberalism is flowing in that place. why i just cant miss 1 thing and fail a rank 1 bounty if we all know i can restart it. i just quit warframe since i cant resist the toxic rank here, after 2 years. isnt there a report option on players? damn DE- DO SOMETHING!

p.s im not saying im noob, just everyone makes mistakes, but some others poison the mistakers...

You are not saying it but you seems to for your story and this thread .

I haven't met a lot of toxic players so far (Mostly when playing limbo, surprisingly!). Although your post does make sense, after PoE release there is a big influx of new players. I guess this will die down for a bit later.

Try reporting or just ignore them

Edited by Yhtmahyll

I have met a few people who have sworn at me for being the reason why a mission failed. But most of the time, they'll just leave the squad without saying a word. Eh..I don't really care. Ignore them mate. You can always find a new and better squad. Join a clan full of people that you'll like. Play with friends more often. There are way more friendly people in Warframe than in many others.

I've bumped into maybe a handful of toxic players so far since I started playing 80 or so days ago. I recall a banshee telling me to stop killing things with my Oberon on a defense map since it ruined her Quake augment. It gave me a good chuckle and inspired me to kill even more. Other than that there was this guy getting upset over someone (not me) triggering the alarms on an invasion spy mission, forcing it into an exterminate. Fun thing was, I ended up with the same complainer the invasion mission right after, which also was a spy mission. Here he himself managed to trigger the alarms and force it into an exterminate, his excuse was, even though no one wondered, "I can never get the hang of Grineer security, it has no logic to it". It made me snort coffee.

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Warframe has always had its toxic players, just like every other game, you just have to know where to look. 

Is it trade chat?  I feel like it is trade chat.

I have met a few bad apples in my time but not that many.  I can't say it is all that common that the player base complains about another player's mistakes.  Players going afk or pulling trollish moves sure.  You even get the occasional Sortie Spy failure yell. If you do them on public for some reason.  However, for the most part Warframe is just players playing the game without little said between anyone.

When it comes to bounties, I could see someone getting salty upon one failing if say a player decided to archwing ahead and foul things up.  Heck, I was getting pretty angry solo Lith G1 relic hunting as they weren't dropping at all after nearly an hour of playing.  I just wanted 2 or 3 more to ensure I would have enough to get the Glaive Blueprint.  I don't know how much I could tolerate another player afking or failing cakewalk bounties.  I wouldn't say anything to them, but man I don't think I would be able to play Warframe this weekend.  However, if you are part of a squad; it is a team effort.  I you aren't 100% sure you can handle the bounty segment, there is no shame it waiting for the rest of the squad.  I do this every time for Cache Easter Egg hunts.  Sometimes the game like to place those caches in the dumbest places and other times I swear I checked the spot the last one was.  I want everyone to share the blame for our failure.

You should also consider the other players time.  Sure, you might not have an issue with failing a bounty and coming back, but not everyone has tons of time and given unvaulted relics easiest farmed in PoE, many players are only there for them and might not ever step foot on the plains otherwise.  I know I am getting there as this unvaulting has really taken the starch out of my shorts about the Plains with each update seemingly making farming relics more and more tedious and less rewarding.  I came really close to wanting to quit playing Warframe altogether yesterday as I was getting tired of be jerked around by RNG for what should be easiest unvaulted relics to get for a weapon I don't plan on using past leveling it to 30.  Sorry, that got away from me for a bit.  Point is, no has the right to be a jerk or toxic in the game, but every player should really consider their action when playing with a bunch of Marlon Randos.  The forums like to tout Pubs will be Pubs, but it won't take long for Warframe to fade away if no one wants to play there as invite only is not going to sustain this game.

5 hours ago, superpyromancer said:

So you decided to make a rant topic in...General Discussion?

Most people aren't going to get upset at failing something, they'll get upset at stupid failures that shouldn't happen if everyone is participating and doing their "job"  So either you're getting the worst matchmaking RNG or...there's something else going on.

Also, definitions of toxic vary.  What you're describing isn't toxic behavior to me, and to several others here, it just sounds like disgruntled players who got fed up with something.

i swear i have never found any toxic player in whole time playing warframe, maybe due the fact i have never been carried by a group or try to join a hard content whit a crap gear trying to take advantage of veterans, i worked my whole road to MR20 and always try to give my best to my party. In change i always get friend request and good chat team in party. 

I swear i have never found a toxicity in warframe. So maybe try to git gud 

i remember a few weeks ago i was running a spy sortie and we fail like 4 time, whit jst stick together and try different paths, we dint know each other but we just merge for the same goal. That 5 run of that spy sortie will stay in my mind as the best experience in warframe, we add each other. I have never talked agian whit them but i know they will remember me as the badass ivara, in our 4 ivara group.

Edited by (PS4)kishteralt

Whilst I generally sympathise, if you can't get over the odd encounter with a rude person I suggest you completely quit using the internet. I'd say Warframe actually has far lower toxicity levels than the internet in general, which is saying something in a co-operative game where you can screw the group over with trollish behaviour. I rarely see anyone being rude, and if I do it's usually justified; calling out some a-hole fishing during a bounty, Limbo player doing nothing but sitting in the void, someone standing just outside the extract zone for entire length of 60s countdown despite everyone telling them to move, etc.