Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr ruining the fun for everyone else in plains of eidolon

sixmille

So for about a week now there's an invasion of zephyr warframes in public groups in PoE and what happens kind of ruins the game. They teleport all over the place, and of course they complete objectives even before most other players are able to join them. If I"m lucky I may be able to participate in the defense events but that's about it. Now I'm playing one of the fastest warframes (rhino prime) with a speed exilus mod, and that's clearly not enough. Plains of eidolons haven't really been super fun for me to begin with but this makes the entire endeavor terribly boring, because it's not interactive, and I'm basically doing nothing but running from objective to objective and not much else. They teleport, use tornadoes, and move on to the next thing.

In theory I should be able to use archwings but they're so overpriced and tedious to craft that it's not worth it for bounties. All in all zephyr is a boring warframe because it makes plains even more boring than they already are for everyone else. This should be fixed unless this game is intended to be a walking simulator.

1. I don't see how the archwing launchers are overpriced, you get 50 launchers per bp.
  2. You encounter the same issue with people who pop archwing launchers once and stay in archwing the whole mission.
  3. How does Zephyr making you bullet jump make her a boring frame?
Edited by Insizer

il y a 1 minute, PsiWarp a dit :

Somehow Zephyr is boring because the Plains is boring... I see the problem, but you're pointing fingers at the wrong bird there.

Well what is done is done and plains is here to stay so no, I don't think so. Could the devs have put the same amount of content on a map 15% of the size of the plains? Yes, absolutely. Would that be better? Definitely. Are they going to remove most of the map just to preserve an annoying spell on one single warframe? I don't think so. I'm a realist so I ask for what is possible.

il y a 3 minutes, Insizer a dit :
  1. I don't see how the archwing launchers are overpriced, you get 50 launchers per bp.
  2. You encounter the same issue with people who pop archwing launchers once and stay in archwing the whole mission.
  3. How does Zephyr making you bullet jump make her a boring frame?

People using archwings in plains never happened to me, except to get to the exit maybe. And I play pubs a lot. 50 launchers on an expensive consumable still take fishing resources, and that's a no-no to me. Fishing sucks, and I'm not going to do something I enjoy even less just because some people can't help flying all over the place and making content boring for others. It makes bounties boring because I'm just running around and never get there in time, that's why. If you can't understand why having the game on autoplay is boring to me then this discussion ends here.

Operators can cover 200m in a span of 2seconds.

Archwings can cover 1000m in 0.5seconds.

Parkour, which is something you should be used to by now, is faster than sprinting.

Yet it's the Zephyrs that should be blamed.

Edited by Xion

complaining about Zephyr being too fast, heh.
so you're saying you haven't encountered a Nova in a Public Mission. THE speedrunning Warframe.

at any rate, if you don't feel like your expertise on Parkour is up to the test in Public, Archwing is available regardless of your Warframe and can let you get places very quickly, and costs a trivial amount to use prolifically.
or even for no immediate cost (but a long term cost), Focus can let you travel very quickly in open spaces like Eidolon.

Edited by taiiat

pls for godsake dont do anything to zephyr if any case just make zephyr for urself and farm aswell lol

zephyr is the only beearable thing to farm the vaulted relics rather than running around or using ur archingwing launcers in the plains whihc take time

3 minutes ago, Xion said:

Parkour, which is something you should be used to by now, is faster than sprinting.

I don't personally have a problem with Zephyr, but Zephyr is way, way, way, way way, way faster than anything aside from archwing. And if it's less than 500m, possibly faster than archwing because of the deploy time.

You don't seem to have a grasp of some of the fundamental mechanics of this game. If you are bullet jumping you will cover ground very quickly and should do a better job keeping up with the others. As for Archwing launchers and fishing , you might not like farming for them, and that is fine, but if you ever want to progress with certain factions, you will have two choices, fish, or trade for fish to get the resources you need. Blaming people playing a frame they like is just childish, if you have such a problem with it, play solo, or with a group of like minded people ... if you can find those. 

il y a 3 minutes, Xion a dit :

Parkour is much, much slower than zephyr flying, even with speed mods (which I have). I've been playing this game for longer than you, why do you assume that I don't know anything about movement?

About the operator thing, yes, give me the millions of focus points I need for it. I'll give you my login and pwd if you promise to farm them for me. :)

il y a 1 minute, ZirkonX a dit :

pls for godsake dont do anything to zephyr if any case just make zephyr for urself and farm aswell lol

zephyr is the only beearable thing to farm the vaulted relics rather than running around or using ur archingwing launcers in the plains whihc take time

I have the warframe and I don't like it. In fact I have most of them and it's the one I use the least, for a good reason. Content being enjoyable using only 5% of the available warframes is clearly a design problem that needs to be addressed. No "omg please" is going to solve fundamental design issues. Either plains or the warframe needs fixing, and I simply can't see plains fixed, the warframe is much easier.

1 minute ago, sixmille said:

Parkour is much, much slower than zephyr flying, even with speed mods (which I have). I've been playing this game for longer than you, why do you assume that I don't know anything about movement?

About the operator thing, yes, give me the millions of focus points I need for it. I'll give you my login and pwd if you promise to farm them for me. :)

I have the warframe and I don't like it. In fact I have most of them and it's the one I use the least, for a good reason. Content being enjoyable using only 5% of the available warframes is clearly a design problem that needs to be addressed. No "omg please" is going to solve fundamental design issues. Either plains or the warframe needs fixing, and I simply can't see plains fixed, the warframe is much easier.

Just because /you/ can't enjoy something does not mean it needs to be changed. 

il y a 9 minutes, Xirka a dit :

You don't seem to have a grasp of some of the fundamental mechanics of this game. If you are bullet jumping you will cover ground very quickly and should do a better job keeping up with the others. As for Archwing launchers and fishing , you might not like farming for them, and that is fine, but if you ever want to progress with certain factions, you will have two choices, fish, or trade for fish to get the resources you need. Blaming people playing a frame they like is just childish, if you have such a problem with it, play solo, or with a group of like minded people ... if you can find those. 

First bullet jumping in itself is slow, only sliding and bullet jumping early makes it retain the velocity of the friction-less slide, then bullet jumping that way is still slower than sliding, bullet jumping then double jump. Now, keep assuming I don't know anything about movement in this game, this is very entertaining. The thing is, when there is no zephyr around, I am the first one at the objective and this is kind of a regular thing.

Now to move on to your next ad hominem argument, I'm probably older than you so I'm past 'childish' attitudes, but that's fine, I can take insults. Maybe the mods won't like it though. I don't blame people for playing zephyr, I blame the poor design decision that lets zephyr fly faster than anything else in the game, barring MAYBE an itzal with speed mods, and that's a huge maybe. People can play zephyr all they want. As long as it's not faster than anyone else in plains, because this is a coop game and I don't play coop games to be a spectator.

If you want to contribute further to this discussion then be my guest but change your tone because I'm not your buddy and I don't care if you had a bad day and need to be randomly aggressive with someone on the internet.

Edited by sixmille

3 minutes ago, sixmille said:

People using archwings in plains never happened to me, except to get to the exit maybe. And I play pubs a lot.

I only play pub, and about 1/4-1/5 bounty missions I encounter someone who stays in archwing the whole time.

4 minutes ago, sixmille said:

50 launchers on an expensive consumable still take fishing resources, and that's a no-no to me. Fishing sucks, and I'm not going to do something I enjoy even less because some people can't help flying all over the place and making content boring for others. It makes bounties boring because I'm just running around and never get there in time, that's why. If you can't understand why having the game on autoplay is boring to me then this discussion ends here

Then that is your own choice and your fault, don't blame others because you don't want to take the few minutes to spear a few fish.  Sure it may be boring, but you know what else is boring?  Having to bullet jump over and over again for objectives that are 600m away.

I'm sorry, but I have little sympathy or empathy for your situation because you won't take the very simple step to address your situation. In my eyes, you have no one but yourself to blame.

2 minutes ago, sixmille said:

First bullet jumping in itself is slow, only sliding and bullet jumping early makes it retain the velocity of the friction-less slide, then bullet jumping that way is still slower than sliding, bullet jumping then double jump. Now, keep assuming I don't know anything about movement in this game, this is very entertaining. The thing is, when there is no zephyr around, I am the first one at the objective and this is kind of a regular thing.

Now to move on to your next ad hominem argument, I'm probably older than you so I'm past 'childish' attitudes, but that's fine, I can take insults. Maybe the mods won't like it though. I don't blame people for playing zephyr, I blame the poor design decision that lets zephyr fly faster than anything else in the game, barring MAYBE an itzal with speed mods, and that's a huge maybe.

If you want to contribute further to this discussion then be my guest but change your tone because I'm not your buddy and I don't care if you had a bad day and need to be randomly aggressive with someone on the internet.

There is no "discussion" to contribute to. Only you saying the game is no fun due to how you choose to play it. 

7 minutes ago, sixmille said:

You don't have the points to get it, yet you've presumably been playing the game longer than me huh?

I guess you also know how unimpactful the speed mods are compared to parkour mods, right? Or how as a Rhino, you have the choice to build for a movement ability.

il y a 2 minutes, Insizer a dit :

I only play pub, and about 1/4-1/5 bounty missions I encounter someone who stays in archwing the whole time.

Then that is your own choice and your fault, don't blame others because you don't want to take the few minutes to spear a few fish.  Sure it may be boring, but you know what else is boring?  Having to bullet jump over and over again for objectives that are 600m away.

I'm sorry, but I have little sympathy or empathy for your situation because you won't take the very simple step to address your situation. In my eyes, you have no one but yourself to blame.

Why would I blame myself? It is not my fault if the devs created such an imbalance between warframe mobilities with the latest round of balance. This is clearly a design issue. I don't see why I should have to take extra steps or play the only viable specific warframe just to be able to enjoy the game.

It's like ember trivializing low level content. The devs fixed it. Well, kind of. It's still there but they're showing willingness to address such issues that make the game non-interactive for other players, so I have hope.

1 minute ago, Xion said:

Or how as a Rhino, you have the choice to build for a movement ability.

Max range Charge Rhino? xD

1 minute ago, Xion said:

the speed mods are compared to parkour mods, right?

Yeah, I think +Slide + Parkour mods would be better than +Sprint.

43 minutes ago, sixmille said:

Now I'm playing one of the fastest warframes (rhino prime)

thinking.gif

43 minutes ago, sixmille said:

In theory I should be able to use archwings but they're so overpriced and tedious to craft that it's not worth it for bounties. All in all zephyr is a boring warframe because it makes plains even more boring than they already are for everyone else. This should be fixed unless this game is intended to be a walking simulator.

The frame is not at fault here. People find ways to do bounties as quick as possible because they're boring, grindy and painfully long. Blame PoE.

11 minutes ago, sixmille said:

I blame the poor design decision that lets zephyr fly faster than anything else in the game

Okay sure, take away something that makes her unique.
While we're at it lets take away Loki's Invisibility and Volt's SPEEEEEEED.

Seriously, let's take a bird and remove it's ability to fly, I'm sure that wont make Zephyr go the way of the dodo just after she was revived.
What killed her originally? Oh right Parkour 2.0, that thing that let everyone else move faster than Zephyr.

First bullet jumping in itself is slow, only sliding and bullet jumping early makes it retain the velocity of the friction-less slide, then bullet jumping that way is still slower than sliding, bullet jumping then double jump.

I'm not your buddy and I don't care if you had a bad day and need to be randomly aggressive with someone on the internet.

if you want to move fast, you should be mixing all of Sliding, Bullet Jump, Double Jump, Rolling, Air Rolling, Aim Gliding, and Wall Jumping when he Terrain allows.
you could still be moving probably twice the speed that you currently are, with just Parkour. obviously that's not going to exceed Players poorly Speedrunning in Public (either way you're right that those Players shouldn't be in Public since they could go faster in Private but shrug this happens in all of the popular Missions in the game).

since you can't really change what other Players that Matchmake in are doing, then you'll have to be the one to play outside of Public and/or go to Recruiting Chat for the type of Squad you're looking for.

just like how you're.... being randomly aggressive with everyone on the internet? but that's off topic so i digress.

Why would I blame myself? It is not my fault if the devs created such an imbalance between warframe mobilities with the latest round of balance. This is clearly a design issue. I don't see why I should have to take extra steps or play the only viable specific warframe just to be able to enjoy the game.

How is it not your fault?  You are starving and have a full course meal laid out on a silver platter for you, but you won't take a bite out of it simply because there isn't enough garnish.