Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened with dual wielding?

daSweep

We got the glaive + sidearm dual wielding a long time ago, but the proper melee + sidearm is still nowhere in sight. I know the glaive + sidearm is powerful and very viable, but it's not at all what I personally wanted with this mechanic. When will we get more information about this?

Mmmmm option for secondary to equip shield... Axe and Shield, Sword and Shield, Sword and Pistol... I say you go Skyrim on this game, Option to change Melee and secondary in to left hand right hand allowing the weapons that can fall into that category be tossed onto left or right in any config of the players choice...

I just don't see the point of dual wielding with a glaive. It's mainly used for its throw, but just using the gun in your other hand is easier and more reliable (don't have to time for a power throw). If you could have another melee in the other hand that also has the full comboset for the weapon, with the added benefit of also being able to fire your gun in your other hand sounds great.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Hypernaut1:

What advantages does it give? We can already quick melee

Visual fluff.

It's all about the style a player wants to experience with their player character. Same reason we get guns with pump action or lever action animations even though the game handles them just as semi-auto weapons. Or the ton of different melee weapons and their seperated stances.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Jivy:

forgotten? scrapped? who knows

Unlikely to be scrapped. The most likely reason being put on hold because other things demanded their attention more.

12 hours ago, daSweep said:

We got the glaive + sidearm dual wielding a long time ago, but the proper melee + sidearm is still nowhere in sight. I know the glaive + sidearm is powerful and very viable, but it's not at all what I personally wanted with this mechanic. When will we get more information about this?

Well, there is still busy with patching with certain aspects of the game. No need to fret, they will catch up soon. 

giphy.gif

In the meantime, you can watch this:-

Edited by IIWingSaberII

"Dual wield" is such a weird name for it though. Should be called "Gun and Blade" or something (it's even fluffy) instead. IN either case, I don't think it's just for feel, or for the fluff. I genuinely believe that this is a great addition to the gameplay. Like I said before, you should get the full combo for the melee, with the addition of having a long range (or short, depening on the weapon) support in the form of your secondary.

This would cut down on the heavy usage of two handed weapons as well as dual secondaries, and give single melee and secondaries more reason to be used.