Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Everyone miss Space Mom?

Xendias

I will forever want Vay Hek as an anouncer, even if it will never happen. I just want to hear him shouting at everyone, about everything, every time.

I want to hear Vay Hek screaming at me to kill Vay Hek while Vay Hek is also screaming at me for being a Tenno and following Vay Heks commands.

Edited by Recel

no i dont i dont like spacemom she's worse mommy since 2013-2018 and she's now with ballas i want to murder her for our justice! TENNO DESERVE THIER FREEDOM! WE DONT NEED MOMMY TO TAKE CARE US!

WE FIGHT FOR JUSTICE!

WE FIGHT FOR LOVE

WE FIGHT FOR SMACKING BUTT 

WE FIGHT FOR VICTORIOUS

i dislike spacemommy im sorry but i gotta let you down sorry tenno for the Teshin! he could be our spacedaddy :D 

No. I do not especially care.

The Lotus deserves to live. Margulis has the right to her own body. The ethical dilemma persists, because it is not acceptable to enslave Margulis.

Aside from that, I actually feel that DE have handled this rather poorly. They pulled a dramatic move in ‘taking away’ the Lotus, but they didn’t have anything even approaching the balls to carry through with it, so they have Ordis using a Lotus sock puppet, which...sucks, utterly, as a writing technique.

1- It removes any kind of bite or trace of actual impact from the Lotus’ removal. Oh no, the Lotus is gone! Now our mission control is...old recordings of the Lotus, saying the same stuff but slightly glitchy.

2- Which hammers home how stale the Lotus’ presence has become. Take away the Lotus, have Ordis wear a synth mask of her and parrot her stock phrases and literally nothing changes.

3- Also, it’s pretty damned insulting. ‘Look Tenno, the Lotus is gone! She’s gone! OoooOOOOooooooh, Mama’s gone! To keep yourm calm and make sure you feel ok, I’m gonna dress up as her and pretend to be her!’ I’d like an option to tell Ordis to cut it the hell out and just be mission control as himself, he’s very clearly capable of it. 

I’m sure that DE thought it was clever and hard hitting, but it’s really just a rather piss poor example of video game writing.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Aside from that, I actually feel that DE have handled this rather poorly. They pulled a dramatic move in ‘taking away’ the Lotus, but they didn’t have anything even approaching the balls to carry through with it, so they have Ordis using a Lotus sock puppet, which...sucks, utterly, as a writing technique.

1- It removes any kind of bite or trace of actual impact from the Lotus’ removal. Oh no, the Lotus is gone! Now our mission control is...old recordings of the Lotus, saying the same stuff but slightly glitchy.

2- Which hammers home how stale the Lotus’ presence has become. Take away the Lotus, have Ordis wear a synth mask of her and parrot her stock phrases and literally nothing changes.

3- Also, it’s pretty damned insulting. ‘Look Tenno, the Lotus is gone! She’s gone! OoooOOOOooooooh, Mama’s gone! To keep yourm calm and make sure you feel ok, I’m gonna dress up as her and pretend to be her!’ I’d like an option to tell Ordis to cut it the hell out and just be mission control as himself, he’s very clearly capable of it. 

I’m sure that DE thought it was clever and hard hitting, but it’s really just a rather piss poor example of video game writing.

Yeah, it's kinda like "threatening" the relays with fomorians or razorbacks that are going to magically expire right before it would actually matter. 

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. NO! NO! No. NOOO!

My heart jumped when she left and split when Ordis brought her back. I want her gone. I want her jettisoned from my life. I want her to be damned to her own private hell where she has to complete missions for herself while all of the operators bark orders at her.

No.

No.

No.

3 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I think they just thought it was something fun that was very do-able without requiring a huge coding effort, so from that standpoint, I do find it clever.

That said, I've avoided the purple cloud in my fish tank room and will wait until I won't have to be left hanging to interact with it. Lotus is perfectly fine in my timeline.