Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron: Can we just... get it from the market?

Tellakey

4 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Because DE said that one thing won't return.

The other items however will come back someday and nobody knows.

I don't find it ok to have exclusive item (excal prime) but this one is truly exclusive while the others (like snipetron) are supposed to come back with events.

(on top of it, this one was removed potentially for lore issue which is... dumb)

Ah, so I suppose what DE said was the main factor in convincing you what should and shouldnt return, correct? Seems only fair that "truly" exclusive stuff wont return when DE says so.

So why, when DE also says that Snipetron returns in future events, is it such a huge flipping deal that you cant have the dang thing this exact instant?

il y a 28 minutes, -skimmer- a dit :

So why, when DE also says that Snipetron returns in future events, is it such a huge flipping deal that you cant have the dang thing this exact instant?

As I already said (damnit i'm writing the same thing over and over) there is a difference between "it won't return" and "it's locked behind a time gate", especially when you don't know how long that time gate is (and daily log in milestone weapons are still stupid).

It's been more than a year since DE said braton/lato vandal will be back for an event.

4 hours ago, Tellakey said:

Seriously, what's so special about this weapon that it only flickers through the night sky once every millennium when the stars are right and our lord Cthulhu rises from the depths of sunken R'lyeh? 

It's a middling weapon, a mastery fodder. During Plague Star I skipped it entirely, believing I had mastered it because apparently it doesn't even show up in the profile window for someone who doesn't have it.

Meh. It's a mastery fodder exclusive. Those two words are mystical and magical in warframe. It'll come back at some point.... Should have done plague star though dude.

1 hour ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

"a prototype for the corpus lanka, this gun utilises ballistic ammunition during the research to dumb down budgets"

And suddenly it doesn't break lore, while marketable. Seriously, i never understood why they didn't just correct the lore a bit.

They could also just say it was the Corpus' first experiments with ballistics (that ultimately was too expensive or not worthwhile for some reason), you could even say it was an incredibly old weapon that wasn't scrapped because it was one of the rare ballistics the Corpus actually found a use for. Since Venus is up next, they'll probably be switching to more ballistics as it stands, as most Energy Weapons just don't have the same range ballistics do. If that's the case, you could just say it was one of the Corpus' common weapons, in this case the Lanka, being outfitted for ballistics to better deal with Venus' long range environment.

It's really not that hard to squeeze it in the lore somewhere.

Snipetron does not fit into Corpus technological MO.

Corpus use "energy" and "railgun" tech. Currently the snipetron could be considered a rail gun. (Shoots veeeery fast projectile via manipulation of magnetic fields and other technobable).

Every other Corpus weapon is energy based. Dera comes close to a railgun, but it still shoots plasma(?) projectiles.

Snipetron probably works more like mass accelerators/MACs.

Couldn't we go with version that this is Tenno Lanka/Vectis experiment, maybe add it to alerts like Glaive.

15 hours ago, helioth137 said:

Here's some advice on being happy: accept things the way they are.

15 hours ago, helioth137 said:

Bruce Lee "Do not pray for an easy life... pray for the strength to ensure a hard one"...

B-but, what if my life is easy? First you're saying I should accept that as it is, then you're saying I should not accept it and instead pray for what isn't?

I'm confused now!

3 hours ago, rune_me said:

B-but, what if my life is easy? First you're saying I should accept that as it is, then you're saying I should not accept it and instead pray for what isn't?

I'm confused now!

If it is easy it's easy 

If it's hard it's hard

Accept that...

Instead of when when it is easy complaining that it is too easy, and when it's hard complaining for it to be easy.

Get it?

4 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Jackal still uses shoulder mounted machine guns!

Jackal with shoulder mounted Supras would be glorious. 

Also, just change Snipetron's description to "An old Corpus design from before the mass production of energy weapons."

And lol to comparing Snipetron, a market weapon that was removed because "reasons",  to event weapons and founder weapons. 

2 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Jackal with shoulder mounted Supras would be glorious. 

Also, just change Snipetron's description to "An old Corpus design from before the mass production of energy weapons."

And lol to comparing Snipetron, a market weapon that was removed because "reasons",  to event weapons and founder weapons. 

I think the other issue is just waiting for an Event to bring back two weapons that are complete Mastery Fodder.

Like, seriously, the Vandal exists and is far easier to get, why even have it's Base version in a time-limited Event you'll run a few times to get the weapon, and then trash it because the Vandal is better in every single way? That just seems like bad design.

Other events, like One-Thousand Cuts from ages past, also had that same issue. Yet at least they let us receive the Machete from the Market for a brief period of time.

I guess my thing is, if we're going to wait for "x" amount of time for weapons from an event, why can't they be really strong weapons? 

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

22 hours ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

They could also just say it was the Corpus' first experiments with ballistics (that ultimately was too expensive or not worthwhile for some reason), you could even say it was an incredibly old weapon that wasn't scrapped because it was one of the rare ballistics the Corpus actually found a use for. Since Venus is up next, they'll probably be switching to more ballistics as it stands, as most Energy Weapons just don't have the same range ballistics do. If that's the case, you could just say it was one of the Corpus' common weapons, in this case the Lanka, being outfitted for ballistics to better deal with Venus' long range environment.

It's really not that hard to squeeze it in the lore somewhere.

The Lanka has the highest range classification in the game, and it's basically a plasma bolt coilgun.

And regardless you're looking at them wrong. The Corpus doesn't have a good reason to invest in ballistics even in hyper-long-range situations. That's what they have proxies and missiles for. Additionally, in a super-cold super-wet-with-chems environment like Venus, most ballistics could actually have issues.

No, what you're looking for is a faction beholden to the Corpus. One that can get their hands on Lankas, but actually cares about its people so the unstable energy cells are too much of a liability, but doesn't have a Warframe's micro-fab available to just "assemble" spare mags on the spot.

I believe I saw what looked like a gun shop in the next town.
Retexture the thing to look like a retrofitted Lanka and you have where to sell it.

It would even justify its fodder state- the gun'd be a literal scavenged resistance weapon..

Otherwise just leave it as a retcon'd rifle that DE occasionally drops into event reward pools so people can close the mastery gap. Was nice seeing it again for Plague Star, let me finally ditch the one I had been holding onto since the Informer event.

Machete on the other hand just needs to be added to Scorpion drop tables. It's already in the login reward table, just give it the same thing the Gorgon also has.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

17 hours ago, Olav152 said:

Snipetron does not fit into Corpus technological MO.

Corpus use "energy" and "railgun" tech. Currently the snipetron could be considered a rail gun. (Shoots veeeery fast projectile via manipulation of magnetic fields and other technobable).

Every other Corpus weapon is energy based. Dera comes close to a railgun, but it still shoots plasma(?) projectiles.

Snipetron probably works more like mass accelerators/MACs.

Couldn't we go with version that this is Tenno Lanka/Vectis experiment, maybe add it to alerts like Glaive.

Braton was corpus made and that is projectile.

It was then changed to have the same appearance as the old MK1-Braton with Corpus stylings.

• The Braton, along with its MK1 Variant, was assumed to be a Corpus weapon due to Corpus manufacturing symbols printed on the weapon. Update 19.10 gave the Braton a new model that had Tenno design and Orokin writing instead, removing the Corpus connections and making it more lore friendly.

DE removed Corpus tie-in. 

To topic of Snipetron:

It would make sense for it to either be an early reward for players or be market-purchase eligible for credits.

Currently for Weapon Class specific Sorties you can buy:

•Fully Built Melee weapon for credits (Even though you must own 1 fully built melee weapon in inventory)

•Fully built Secondary weapon for credits(Even though you must own 1 Secondary weapon in inventory)

•Fully Built Shotgun for credits (MK-1 Strun)

•Fully Built Bow for Credits (MK-1 Paris)

•Fully Built Rifle for Credits (MK-1 Braton,Braton)

But no Sniper Rifle is available for Sniper only Sorties

Some may argue that Credit fully built weapons are not Sortie ready, but some frames don't need a weapon to be Sortie Viable. (Banshee, Nidus, Octavia, are decent examples)

Sniper only Sortie is the only weapon restriction that cannot be fixed with market credit purchase fully built weapon.