Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Top used warframes

(XBOX)Artakka

I've been playing alot of warframe lately and have had the opportunity to try out and experiment with nearly all of the warframes. What are some of your top used warframes (5) and why? I just want to see some opinions, and with the upcoming updates and reworked (Xbox hasn't received the teralyst update yet) I'm curios to know what is being used the most right now.

My top used are listed below...

1) Rhino Prime: Probably my favorite frame, provides cc, damage buff, and iron skin with his augment plus my 230% power strength pretty much gets me through a sortie without even checking my health.

2) Octavia: What can I say, she pretty much does everything. Plus, it's fun to play around with the mandachord, pretty sick to make your own action music and dance to it as everything around you dies.

3) Harrow: Not your typical use, but with easy cc plus infinite energy as well as a +50% increase in critical chance on any good weapon and you smash through everything, not to mention I've climbed as high as 3500 overshields in a matter of minutes.

4) Nidus: Essentially a tanky crowd controller, he may not scale well into the endgame, but lasting an hour or 2 in a survival is good enough for me, and he does it well and efficient with those stacks of his.

5) Loki Prime: My go to for spy missions, 200% duration and efficiency and I'll stay invisible forever. He looks amazing, plus his 4 is welcome in any situation.

P.S: Ivara isnt on this list because I don't have her yet, don't hate lol.

1. Volt Prime - Eidolon captures
  2. Ash Prime - Kuva farming
  3. Trinity Prime - Eidolon captures (if I don't feel like hosting)
  4. Harrow - Eidolon captures (if I don't feel like hosting)
  5. Chroma - Eidolon captures (if I don't feel like hosting)

For Fun:
Nidus - CC, can scale very well with Arcanes and Melee
Harrow - what a beast
Nekros - someone has to farm the polymers for pizza

1. Loki Prime: Cause he's Loki, basically a god frame. If I just wanna get things done quick and with little hassle, he's my pick.

2. Mirage Prime: Most fun Warframe to play for me. Everything about her pleases my sadistic side, so, if I wanna just rip and tear through armies of enemies, she's my pick.

3. Limbo: Cause I'm a lazy solo player, and he's really good at allowing me to be lazy for a minute and a half at a time. (Also, breaking the spawns with him is amazing)

4. Rhino Prime: Easy, versatile frame that rarely fails to be good. Just a bit too slow for my liking, which is why I slowly phased him out of my regular play.

5. Nidus: A very, very good frame... as long as you take your time and build up his meter. So, very rarely fit for the type of missions I play, but he's generally my pick if something forces me to do defense missions.

I guess my list would be somewhat like 

1. Nova
Simply like playing Nova. Can practically tank with the correct setup and she is versatile. (also yay fashion frame)

2. Volt
Just for when going fast is necessary.

3. Mesa
Just like to play some mesa from time to time... I guess...

4. Oberon
Go to party support. Phoenix renewal saves lives and when Proc immunity is needed.

5. Banshee
Best speed focus farmer in the game. Slap on that savage silence and rush rush rush.

Edited by Airwolfen

This is based on my profile:

1) Ivara: I used to farm A LOT of kuva with her a few weeks ago, now I'm always using Loki instead of her, because of speed.

2) Valkyr Prime: My first Prime Frame. She helped me clear most of the starchart and farm some stuff.

3) Equinox: I'm really surprised to see Equinox here. I built her once just for the mastery points, but didn't quite enjoy her. Then I had to build her again for focus farming, and focus farming is all I've been using her for since.

4) Ember Prime: Cracked a ton of relics with this beauty. I've been lazy about relic opening lately, but who knows what Baro's gonna bring next.

5) Nekros Prime: Chance at double drops in a farming game? Hell yes, please. He helped get those pigments for a storm clan research, some of those I managed to all 2k~3k pigments on my own in a couple days thanks to him.

Edited by Guest

1)Trinity-First main and I love playing support

2)Excal-First warframe and being a damager with abilities only is cool and different to me.

3)Mesa-Shootin Stuff

4)Harrow-Trinity alternative for fun

5)Oberon-Another trinity alternative and my favorite eidolon hunter

If i ignore the oldschool 'time used' profile stat and just use my common sense than these are my top ones:

Frost Prime - there are some situations where all you really need is the good old Frost.

Zephyr - getting around fast, flying around, evade bullets. Area lockdown with 4.

Chroma - used to like him years back for buffing both his toughness and his damage. Hated his 1 and 4. He is effective, but.. bland.

Inaros - pretty silly tank. I just wish his 2nd ability had something more going for it.

Ash Prime - i feel like i can adapt to many situations that this game throws at you. Has homing shurikens than can strip armor. Instakill teleport. Clearing tough enemies with Bladestorm.

Mine are

Ash-personal favorite. Nothing beats that damage.

Nekros-tactical roles, combines with his shadows savage dps, survivability and warding as theyr aggro mechanic pulls it away from defense targets, the extra loot makes for easy survivals

Oberon-support

Valkyr-cause i like her looks, good for melee. That's it really.

Nr 5 would be gara i guess? Tho, i pretty much toggle that one.

Depends on the mood and the type of mission I'm going for (This list changes with time):

1) Nidus: for sorties and index due to his survivability. 

2) Trinity Prime: for high level missions like sorties (specially defense) and kuva flood.

3) Mesa: for PoE farming.

4) Mirage Prime: for farming random stuff like Syndicate missions or Argon Crystals.

5) Nezha: for vault runs while using Hobbled Key (speed key).

1- nidus: he's the only true caster only frame in this game where i don't need to use any weapons while playing him and i feel i can play any mission type with him and do fine. he's pretty much became my main since i got him.

2-excalibur: plays great for melee only runs, really easy to pick up and play and also the best starter frame by a huge margin.

3-valkyr: she was my second frame on my first account and helped me solo most of the start chart, also a good melee frame.

1. Excal (low-STR) - Fantastic CC, fantastic mobility, invul frames, and absolutely absurd damage with a polearm.

2. Rhino (Shrapnel build) - Fantastic CC, great mobility, no weaknesses, and can tank infinite amounts of damage by double-tapping 2.

3. Literally everything else.

1. Nekros: Prime. Those wings baby, i love em. Also Creeping Terrify, Health Conversion and Despoil.

2. Banshee: She looks dope. I love her deluxe. Makes me want to play her Right Now

3. Equinox: Excels at doing damage, being a great support (Talking Pre-Buff Equinox)

4. Valkitty: I mean, we all know why we actually play her, but she is fun. 2tanky4u

5. Limbo: I'm sorry. But hes fun, Bubble + Rift torrent = Fun for me. (5% with him, and most played being Equinox with 7%)

6. Trinity: Love playing healer.

7. Ivara: YOUKAI FTW. But she is great with Combo weps like Bow's , Baza , silenced weps

8. Most buffers , healers , etc..

1. Inaros, he got lots of health, multiple ways to heal but life strike is my favorite, got a good blind skill and his third ability in case enemies get stuck in wall.

2. Nekros he farms stuff and it's a grindy game

3. Banshee savage silence for  stealth farming, sonar is interesting but i don't use it

4. Limbo i put on all exilus mods so i can casually farm lua spies in rift mode

5. Valkyrie eternal war for some super fast melee action or hysteric slide attacks against a few sortie bosses(maybe only the hyenas) don't know why it feels so powerful

nidus frost and rhino is pretty powerful for specific situations as well but i rarely touch anything other than inaros, i guess i just fin abilities a bit bland.

used to play a good amount of mirage before corrupted bombards and nullifiers her illusions made her quite survivable.

guess nova sees some uses as well in rare occasions  her forth skill got prime in its name.

9 hours ago, fartloud said:

Inaros - pretty silly tank. I just wish his 2nd ability had something more going for it.

his second skill is pretty good in mobile defense you just use it on an enemy and they all try to attack you while you slowly kills it, just go for a second one if that happens before objective is complete and make sure to blind them if they start attacking objective instead.

1) Paralysis Valkyr (My Run'n'gun gal...love the view aesthetics)

2) Banshee Sonar/Sonic Fracture/Savage Silence (Because she let's me Operator Amp be Sortie Viable)

3) Melee Harrow (Because High Range Lacera gives me covers all the basics)

4) Any other frame that someone requests for group (Usually never see groups asking for Atlas, Ash, Titania, to or Wukong...)

My most player frames are:

1. Nyx Prime, assimilate chaos

2. Octavia, buff and dmg

3. Loki Prime, stealth melee

4. Volt Prime, low level clear discharge

5. Ember Prime, ignis + accelerant (not so much now days...) 

Hmm...

1. Zephyr. Turbulence let's you ignore almost all ranged damage, Airblast has great CC, and her recent buff has made her 4 into a capable CC/Damage/Status hybrid. Mostly she's just fun, Tailwind now out-strips any other mobility cast in the Plains for the same or less amounts of energy, Dive Bomb is always funny to cast and see what happens, Airblast is great for crowds and even just saying 'screw you' to a particular enemy... she's fun.

2. Loki. The slightly weird uncle of end-game play, trivialises most content by taking away weapons, staying invisible for large portions of play, and is fun to switch-teleport your allies with.

3. Oberon. Heals well, damages well, prevents negative Status well, and gives 400+ armour to allies to let them tank better. Great for babysitting newer players and great for solo runs where you can concentrate on movement and killing things rather than casting, great for low-level where your entire team can relax and ignore damage.

4. Saryn. Everything has Viral and Toxin status on it, everything is dieing slowly as you make them run at Molt instead of you, and you clean up with a Melee weapon that's got a 100% damage bonus, guaranteed Toxin Status per hit, and usually a Condition Overload mod to make it deal bonus damage per different type of Status that's on the enemy already... In an emergency you also have an area stun that deals up to 300% damage if the enemies already have Toxin and Viral on them, which they almost always do.

5. Mesa. Straight up damage ability at high range, rate of fire and accuracy, complimented by an ability that gives up to 95% damage reduction (equivalent to about 3000 armour) and an ability that jams weapons on the nearest enemies and also cycles through your allies giving them the same buff too (if you only have one other player in the group, they have the buff permanently) while at the same time giving that ally 25% bonus damage. Remember to use your 1 for those occasional big hits, just for fun.

I'm fairly proficient with every frame, have them all, try to cycle through regularly but I've not been as active lately as I want. I play them for the fun factor, it's way better that way XD

Edited by Thaylien

28 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Hmm...

1. Zephyr. Turbulence let's you ignore almost all ranged damage, Airblast has great CC, and her recent buff has made her 4 into a capable CC/Damage/Status hybrid. Mostly she's just fun, Tailwind now out-strips any other mobility cast in the Plains for the same or less amounts of energy, Dive Bomb is always funny to cast and see what happens, Airblast is great for crowds and even just saying 'screw you' to a particular enemy... she's fun.

2. Loki. The slightly weird uncle of end-game play, trivialises most content by taking away weapons, staying invisible for large portions of play, and is fun to switch-teleport your allies with.

3. Oberon. Heals well, damages well, prevents negative Status well, and gives 400+ armour to allies to let them tank better. Great for babysitting newer players and great for solo runs where you can concentrate on movement and killing things rather than casting, great for low-level where your entire team can relax and ignore damage.

4. Saryn. Everything has Viral and Toxin status on it, everything is dieing slowly as you make them run at Molt instead of you, and you clean up with a Melee weapon that's got a 100% damage bonus, guaranteed Toxin Status per hit, and usually a Condition Overload mod to make it deal bonus damage per different type of Status that's on the enemy already... In an emergency you also have an area stun that deals up to 300% damage if the enemies already have Toxin and Viral on them, which they almost always do.

5. Mesa. Straight up damage ability at high range, rate of fire and accuracy, complimented by an ability that gives up to 95% damage reduction (equivalent to about 3000 armour) and an ability that jams weapons on the nearest enemies and also cycles through your allies giving them the same buff too (if you only have one other player in the group, they have the buff permanently) while at the same time giving that ally 25% bonus damage. Remember to use your 1 for those occasional big hits, just for fun.

I'm fairly proficient with every frame, have them all, try to cycle through regularly but I've not been as active lately as I want. I play them for the fun factor, it's way better that way XD

Thanks for the feedback on both posts:) seriously considering getting Zephyr, since I've heard alot of good things about her since her rework

On 3/6/2018 at 4:17 AM, Toran said:
  1. Volt Prime - Eidolon captures
  2. Ash Prime - Kuva farming
  3. Trinity Prime - Eidolon captures (if I don't feel like hosting)
  4. Harrow - Eidolon captures (if I don't feel like hosting)
  5. Chroma - Eidolon captures (if I don't feel like hosting)

For Fun:
Nidus - CC, can scale very well with Arcanes and Melee
Harrow - what a beast
Nekros - someone has to farm the polymers for pizza

Lol I'm guessing you generally don't feel like hosting eidolon captures :p