Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This year so far...

[DE]Rebecca

I will agree with the majority here - the updating and rebalancing of old content satisfies my desire for new content - because it does make these weapons feel completely new. Even taking a metaphorical feather duster to the old font the game has been using for years and making it look several magnitudes sharper than it ever has, is great. I love it when you guys work on the smallest details of polish, regardless if they go noticed or not. 

Even if I'm still salty over the removal of raids, there's a lot to do now, with the plains and all, of course, even if my computer hates the plains half the time, and the other half of the time I'm getting a headache from it.

Only thing I would request is making arcanes a mission reward thing like they were for trials - if that's even possible, that'd be great. I don't want to count how many arcanes I've accidentally missed because my squads are trying to move fast.

Thanks again for all the work y'all do.

Thanks for removing Trials! I understand that it is better for the game now.
If you ever decide to bring them back, consider the possibility of free to join auto-matchmaking, like Ostron's bounties (but with some kind of restrictions and fee). I think its the only way to make this kind of content popular. And also I wish to see global events with eight players one day!

7 hours ago, K4r4k4s4 said:

Thanks for removing Trials! I understand that it is better for the game now.
If you ever decide to bring them back, consider the possibility of free to join auto-matchmaking, like Ostron's bounties (but with some kind of restrictions and fee). I think its the only way to make this kind of content popular. And also I wish to see global events with eight players one day!

"free to join", "some kind of restrictions and fee"... wut?

On 3/8/2018 at 4:15 PM, Bearadactyl-Prime said:

First off, your post honestly comes off as very spoiled and entitled.

Second: It's a matter of fixing the content we have before adding new content, which honestly, should always take priority in game development. DE is currently doing with Warframe what I wish Blizzard would do with both WoW and more so Overwatch. New content is nice, sure, but honestly balancing the game and fixing things should always take priority.

And, on top of that, at the very least DE is transparent with their plans and what they're doing.

I really don't care how I come off. I'm not yelling and throwing things, I'm just tired of this. 'idk what is happening and oh, buy the new tonfa skin' was the very last thing I wanted to hear.

I'm a closed beta founder that started in October 2012. I have almost 4k hours invested and nearly $400 total. Am I entitled to make demands about their time and project? No of course not. Am I clearly invested and want to be here? You bet, and that is the problem for me. If you watch the devstreams and read the tweets and keep up with all the news you get the notion that all this stuff is happening and very little of it ever sees the light of day anymore. I don't have a reason to play despite all these things that have been teased. That wasn't always the case and any expectations I may have about time frames have been set by DE in the past. Tease frame, preview frame, final show of frame. Boom, frame releases. If they can't keep that pace any more then stop perpetuating the illusion that all this stuff is in the pipeline.

Also 'fixing' content? What is so outright broken that it DEMANDS fixing? I'm not saying good enough is good enough to leave be but there are an awful lot of MR25s running around with everything in game for so many supposed systems being so busted the game has to be nearly dead in the water in terms of new content. 

I ask again, give me one other example of a game that could put out a trailer for something like Umbra and then go silent for eight months? You can't. 

Maybe the only thing that matters anymore is making it a better experience for the new player that plays 40 hours, buys some plat and moves on, rather than the long term player, I don't know what their data says and what their focus is. I'm just waiting for Umbra so I can uninstall and move on, clearly what I want and what they want no longer sync up. Just wanted a bioarmor, ability-heavy power trip of a game. Not systems looped in systems circling systems - endless revision tedium. I can't possibly be the only one in that boat, right?

And still not a word about "Sacrifice"... We will get that quest probably this November... Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the hard work from DE, I just feel like most people would be more happy if we could get any release dates instead of "Soon". But come on they showed us trailer for "Sacrifice" on July last year, and I am still hyped about it...

On 11/3/2018 at 12:08 PM, Morty2989 said:

I really don't care how I come off. I'm not yelling and throwing things, I'm just tired of this. 'idk what is happening and oh, buy the new tonfa skin' was the very last thing I wanted to hear.

I'm a closed beta founder that started in October 2012. I have almost 4k hours invested and nearly $400 total. Am I entitled to make demands about their time and project? No of course not. Am I clearly invested and want to be here? You bet, and that is the problem for me. If you watch the devstreams and read the tweets and keep up with all the news you get the notion that all this stuff is happening and very little of it ever sees the light of day anymore. I don't have a reason to play despite all these things that have been teased. That wasn't always the case and any expectations I may have about time frames have been set by DE in the past. Tease frame, preview frame, final show of frame. Boom, frame releases. If they can't keep that pace any more then stop perpetuating the illusion that all this stuff is in the pipeline.

Also 'fixing' content? What is so outright broken that it DEMANDS fixing? I'm not saying good enough is good enough to leave be but there are an awful lot of MR25s running around with everything in game for so many supposed systems being so busted the game has to be nearly dead in the water in terms of new content. 

I ask again, give me one other example of a game that could put out a trailer for something like Umbra and then go silent for eight months? You can't. 

Maybe the only thing that matters anymore is making it a better experience for the new player that plays 40 hours, buys some plat and moves on, rather than the long term player, I don't know what their data says and what their focus is. I'm just waiting for Umbra so I can uninstall and move on, clearly what I want and what they want no longer sync up. Just wanted a bioarmor, ability-heavy power trip of a game. Not systems looped in systems circling systems - endless revision tedium. I can't possibly be the only one in that boat, right?

Diablo 3 PVP. Thats the most long "someday" thing you will ever see.
And Destinity 2 reworked systems that never happened and got delayed 3 times in a row during 3 months.

Always fixing old content its important, way more important than adding more on top of old trash.
Also, all the reworked weapons can be used now, something than before this point was impossible, I have found a lot of fun using older weapons that I never even bothered because they where trash even with a stupidly powerfull riven. That alone its a lot of content for mr25 players since theres a lot of "new" weapons to play with.

Also, yeah, fixing content for new players its VERY IMPORTANT, because they make the game survive with the money they invest to play for a while and then quit because its not the kind of game they like.

I never understood why people even bother checking trailers, etc.

Only check ingame content, nothing more, nothing less, same rule for your entire life, only check on physically world objects, not words, not ideas, nothing more than what you can touch and feel with youre bare hands (obviously I am speaking about actions too, if someone does something and you can indeed see it, then its something wort considering, otherwise its not).
With that last thing on mind a lot of your actual problems with the game will be fixed.

Please, do continue freshening old stuff up, it's been very very appreciated and amazing so far! I definitely wanted to see some of the stuff that had fallen off meta to come back, and you've delivered!

I hope for more sweet changes, and I'm sure the new stuff will be gorgeous and polished by the time it's released!

There have just been so many updates to what is already there I really did not notice there were no new weapons this year 0.0. Honestly with all these wepon changes it is far more than what any new weapon could bring, bringing out the old weapons from the dusty corners of my inventory. It has been a real thrill :D

Tbh..I have played Warframe earlier on PC and i pretty much enjoyed in every single piece of it's content..Every quest,fight even good old raids seemed fun and kept my hands on keyboard and mouse..Due some problems my pc graphic card died and i wasn't really able to play.After almost 7 months i bought PS4 and downloaded Warframe.Started new account and tbh i was really surprised how easier it was for new players than it was when i started.But pretty much hype burned out after i was done with "Chains of Harrow" (and apostasy prologue).In this 3 weeks that im playing i got 12 frames and bunch of weapons.But still it keeps me on playing since DE is adding constantly or new fashion stuff or rework of old  things.Now few problems with comunity.First of all since raids are still available on PS4 i tried to go and do few.But when people saw my mr (im mr8) they was like please don't and rejected me.I remember doing hundreds of raids on PC but yeah people reject to believe in that.So yeah i kind of understand why DE removed Raids from game.They ain't welcoming new player that got to that point of game (first) (second) It seemed really old..When u compare Plains and Raids..I'll always choose plains..But however Plains ain't that great after all..Yeah bounties and stuff are great..But Eidolons..On other hand are pretty troublesome..Not that part of how they are hard or whatever.Im talking about community part..Just look at recuiting chat (Example- "Hosting tridolon-Need Harrow,Trin,Volt/Rhino.Need to be mr 20+ and have over 200 Eidolons killed) First of all since when is Mr someones skill span?If i remember correctly Mr 20 is just proof to you have or had bunch of weapons that you leveled or put forma on.I personally have my favorite loadout and i don't rush with that.Give new player opportunity they may surprise you with their skill.I can't even count how much times i played with "Veterans" with all "Primed gear" (Example- Nova Prime,Nikana Prime,Soma Prime and Akstilleto Prime) and still on Akkad they die faster than idk that poor Infested Charger..Don't let Mr blind you.I know people gonna be mad over my words..But give new players opportunity to play equally.Have a nice day Tenno and good luck in future fights. Ryu out.

13 hours ago, calenhed33 said:

It's like a movie trailer, you see the trailer and u get hyped about it, they say they release it by May and they will. For the diehard fan of that movie it means a lot, like they hyped about it for so long and finally they get to see what they wanted. Imagine if the production company says thank you for hyping with us and continue doing that as we shift the release date to the end of the year, how will the movie fan feel about it(more or less like you put the plate for KFC in front of you and the waiter says wait for 2 hrs as we catch the chicken meanwhile enjoy coleslaw). It's just like that, many of us including me was very excited for umbra trailer and still no news from that, just some distractions(coleslaw) to keep us occupied.#falsehopeisbadeveninreallife.

when are we going to get an update on the melee weapons  changes and next set of frames? im looking forward to seeing the melee weapon changes. i hope silva and aegis gets buffed considerably, i havent used silva and aegis prime but ive been told its not good either. i also want to see daggers reworked and buffed, dual daggers, currently as is they are easily the most useless weapon type especially without covert lethality. as for frames, wukong, im hoping gets a rework, nezha kind of(i think hes in a decent spot somewhat), and nyx

On 3/7/2018 at 2:42 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Maybe you've noticed, maybe you haven't, but this year so far has been a bit different. While Fashion Frame has seen no shortage of content, something is different. We haven't released a single new weapon or Warframe yet this year (Khora soon TM?).
This Dev Workshop (which is more of a diary entry) is just to briefly provide some context to what we've released. You may find yourself asking 'when are we getting new Tenno Reinforcements?', and you might want a more detailed answer than 'soon'.

So far this year, we have revised and iterated on more content than ever before. We've made cuts, changes usability of content, revisions of systems, and adjusted a significant amount of Weapons and Warframes. We've done this because in many ways you've wanted us to. Reviewing all the Update notes since our first 2018 deployment on PC on January 4th, it's a bit mental how much we've changed.

And we plan to continue changing. Kuva in the Kuva Fortress (with a pending Dev Workshop)? Login 2.0? Focus Changes? We're working on continuing our way down the list.

So how long will it take? When we will we add new gear? When will the seemingly endless list of Devstream reveals release?
Well, we don't know. We have gotten out of the habit of sharing dates, but this post serves a different purpose. I've just returned from a vacation and I myself am wondering the progress on all the many things we've talked about, and it's simple to see one thing: we're making great progress this year.

Get ready to enjoy some 5 year anniversary celebrations this month, and we'll see you next Devstream (possibly earlier in this sub-forum with a Kuva Dev Workshop!)!

Wear your sunscreen on the Plains, Tenno!

:)

Thanks for returning from vacation and being right on the button. I have honestly thought about the direction of the game a lot, and I am curious as if DE plans on stopping things at 30. What do I mean? Current cap on levels for all gear is 30. It looks like (to me) DE will likely cap MR at 30 (the unlocked capacity benefit would end at 30, anyway). I think you guys might be considering what frames, what weapons, which Archwings and/or their weapons might get a variant (dex/dragon/mara(???)/prime/prisma/vandal/wrath) and which won't. When will open beta close, and what would a full release of this game actually look like? And what incentive could be offered to players to replay the entire game?

I am sure that a lot of players, like myself, have a deep appreciation for the passion and effort and nearly unmatched quality that this game represents. But all games end. This one should be ready to leave open beta soon. I'm looking forward to it.

21 hours ago, calenhed33 said:

Only check ingame content, nothing more, nothing less, same rule for your entire life, only check on physically world objects, not words, not ideas, nothing more than what you can touch and feel with youre bare hands (obviously I am speaking about actions too, if someone does something and you can indeed see it, then its something wort considering, otherwise its not).
With that last thing on mind a lot of your actual problems with the game will be fixed.

So bury your head in the sand and pretend? Ok.

Also you missed the part where I said any expectations I had were based on their own schedule for the game I'VE BEEN PLAYING FROM THE SECOND IT DROPPED. Come on now.

Archived