The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro unvaulting volt like this feels bad for everyone.

Senguash

If you dont have him and need to farm him you have 2 days where you can buy the relics for 125 ducats each. It feels bad to burn prime parts just to do more fissures. It's like you're getting nowhere.

If you have alot of volt parts stored to be sold later it sucks, because he's essentially been surprise unvaulted.

Meanwhile it's been how long since we got a new prisma weapon? I'm happy with cosmetics, but relics just feel bad no matter how I look at it.

Vaulted things shouldn't be in baros stuff anyway, they are vaulted. Appease the new peoples desire for everything right away while not caring about anyone who farmed him for trade.. sounds familiar doesnt it? Not that I trade really, but its still bad form.

Relics shouldnt cost ducats, period.

They said they are testing new methods of unvolting  (lol) so it's not a huge shock to me.

Jokes aside, this is good for stimulating the prime economy imo, let's people get some more parts, and I am certain people would take issue with them costing 50

Doesn't feel bad for me. 

I'm probably not going to get any of the relics, though; too expensive ducat-wise. I'd like to have Volt Prime (odonata...eh) but Baro's got other things that are more useful to me where I am in the game (basically, I don't have Primed Flow or those slash mods yet, so they take priority). 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

My biggest issue is that DE seem to see these relics as 'new items' for baro so those of us who already have the prime items and been here for 'long' time have no reason to bother with baro again.

It does honestly feel a bit like it's pandering to newbies at the expense of veterans again, it's almost like he's become another part of the game (along with syndicates) that has no use to 'high level' or long terms players. 

43 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Doesn't feel bad for me. 

I'm probably not going to get any of the relics, though; too expensive ducat-wise. I'd like to have Volt Prime (odonata...eh) but Baro's got other things that are more useful to me where I am in the game (basically, I don't have Primed Flow or those slash mods yet, so they take priority). 

Those slash mods drop from Hydrolists so they're pretty worthless now.  Going for 20P on WFM and you could probably easily get them for 10-15P if you spam trade chat.

This is a surpresive revelation for me since I only sell vaulted items before they get unvaulted, it's my only platinum resource (by now because RNG rivens hates me and I wasn't a fan of raids and I won't sell sets for 80pl or weapons for 20pl).

I obviously disagree, there's no way to improve the economy in warframe with that thing:

1. If players wants a vaulted item they need platinum so there's more probabilty for players to buy platinum. Profit. But if the relic is in a vendor machine that accepts ducoins... well, no profit.
  2. If Varo has the possibility to bring Volt relics then when unvolt (I loved that pun) arrives there will be less players willing to pay for the unvolt. Bad move.
  3. Veterans who storage vault items would be mad, Volt is the easiest warframe to farm from relics and the price would be at the grounds, which reduce the amount of platinum spent in the game. Combo breaker.

If there's Varo lack of items creativity then don't put vault relics, and there's no need of more Primed mods as most players thinks.

He may sell void decoration blueprints for the orbiter AND the dojo, he may sell statues for ducats, he may sell more prisma weapons or armor, there's a lot you may put in game, 1 new item per visit would be nice.

1 hour ago, Urabask said:

Those slash mods drop from Hydrolists so they're pretty worthless now.  Going for 20P on WFM and you could probably easily get them for 10-15P if you spam trade chat.

Yeah, but I have the opportunity to buy them now from Baro without either a) spending platinum or using trade chat, or b) killing Hydrolysts and then spending an hour with a cool washcloth over my eyes to recover.

Get useful stuff using resources gathered in-game with low effort. Total win-win. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

6 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Yeah, but I have the opportunity to buy them now from Baro without either a) spending platinum or use trade chat, or b) killing Hydrolysts. Total win-win. 

375 ducats is ~80 plat/ 8 uncommon prime parts + 1 common prime part.  Baro is ripping everyone off pretty hard.  I could easily sell 2-3 junk uncommon parts and buy one of those mods

Edited by Urabask

5 minutes ago, Urabask said:

375 ducats is ~80 plat.  Baro is ripping everyone off pretty hard.  I could easily sell 2-3 junk uncommon parts and buy one of those mods

375 ducats has no plat value to me, because I don't care about plat hunting (obviously, we have a different viewpoint on this). It's an in-game resource that can be easily accumulated in large amounts, and it requires no real money from me or any other player. I'd much rather convert relics into ducats to buy some things I'd like to have than fiddle around with trading. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

2 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Ducat price is insane too... A2 costs 50 each which was ok in my eyes.
But 125 for the volt relics... insane.

It's almost like they don't want tons of them running around in the wild outside of an actual unvaulting with purchasable prime access packs. 

4 hours ago, Senguash said:

If you have alot of volt parts stored to be sold later it sucks, because he's essentially been surprise unvaulted.

4 hours ago, Zanchak said:

Vaulted things shouldn't be in baros stuff anyway, they are vaulted. Appease the new peoples desire for everything right away while not caring about anyone who farmed him for trade.. sounds familiar doesnt it? Not that I trade really, but its still bad form.

I don't think DE has any obligation to keep items at a high platinum price or to otherwise curate the secondary market. If you invest in any kind of virtual market like this, you are assuming a large amount of risk – that's just the nature of the economy. People who kept Primed Flow in order to sell it also got screwed, because he brought back Primed Flow this week. It happens.

2 hours ago, (XB1)overture 001 said:

I obviously disagree, there's no way to improve the economy in warframe with that thing:

1. If players wants a vaulted item they need platinum so there's more probabilty for players to buy platinum. Profit. But if the relic is in a vendor machine that accepts ducoins... well, no profit.
  2. If Varo has the possibility to bring Volt relics then when unvolt (I loved that pun) arrives there will be less players willing to pay for the unvolt. Bad move.
  3. Veterans who storage vault items would be mad, Volt is the easiest warframe to farm from relics and the price would be at the grounds, which reduce the amount of platinum spent in the game. Combo breaker.

The current unvaulting system is clearly unsustainable, and DE have said as much on stream. This current unvaulting season sees three different prime warframes being unvaulted, along with their prime weapons and other gear, which makes for a large number of relics to farm, and thus drop table dilution. Their solution was to put the relics all in one place – Cetus bounties – which, as I'm sure you know, has come with its own share of controversy in the community. If they keep this pattern up, next year will have four prime warframes unvaulted around this time. How do you think this will end?

My position is that mastery-granting items should not be kept out of the reach of players for long, especially over the lifetime of the game, because mastery rank is the clearest sense of player progression that we have in this game. I think DE holds a similar position; they recently overhauled primary and secondary weapons to follow a rough progression curve based on mastery rank (more powerful weapons are restricted to higher MR, thus making MR progression more logical), and they have stated that they want to explore alternative methods of getting old prime items out of the vault. In fact, when they said this on stream, they even brought up Baro as a possible outlet for old prime items, and here he is with Volt Prime.

I think that not only was this move telegraphed and foreseeable, it is also aligned with DE's philosophy for player progression within the game, and thus inevitable. If old items being put back into circulation upsets you, I predict you will be further upset in the near future, as DE streamlines their game to make MR progression more logical and straightforward.

3 hours ago, (XB1)overture 001 said:

This is a surpresive revelation for me since I only sell vaulted items before they get unvaulted, it's my only platinum resource

DE doesn't care. If you aren't buying Plat from DE, that you get it at all through trading is a bonus. They don't take into account people selling things that routinely come back into circulation.

3 hours ago, (XB1)overture 001 said:

1 new item per visit would be nice

Save your Ducats for next time? Oh no, you have to grind less for the next time he brings something!

hace 16 minutos, GrayArchon dijo:

I don't think DE has any obligation to keep items at a high platinum price or to otherwise curate the secondary market. If you invest in any kind of virtual market like this, you are assuming a large amount of risk – that's just the nature of the economy. People who kept Primed Flow in order to sell it also got screwed, because he brought back Primed Flow this week. It happens.

The current unvaulting system is clearly unsustainable, and DE have said as much on stream. This current unvaulting season sees three different prime warframes being unvaulted, along with their prime weapons and other gear, which makes for a large number of relics to farm, and thus drop table dilution. Their solution was to put the relics all in one place – Cetus bounties – which, as I'm sure you know, has come with its own share of controversy in the community. If they keep this pattern up, next year will have four prime warframes unvaulted around this time. How do you think this will end?

My position is that mastery-granting items should not be kept out of the reach of players for long, especially over the lifetime of the game, because mastery rank is the clearest sense of player progression that we have in this game. I think DE holds a similar position; they recently overhauled primary and secondary weapons to follow a rough progression curve based on mastery rank (more powerful weapons are restricted to higher MR, thus making MR progression more logical), and they have stated that they want to explore alternative methods of getting old prime items out of the vault. In fact, when they said this on stream, they even brought up Baro as a possible outlet for old prime items, and here he is with Volt Prime.

You say DE doesn't have an obligation to the market, yet they still haven't redone riven dispositions for some reason (my guess is due to the secondary market)

It'll take time, but eventually all the vaulted items WILL come around. It just depends on how long you're willing to wait, or how much you're willing to pay if you don't want to wait

Your position is correct, but as it is DE is already on that path if you're willing to wait a few months. Volt should be unvaulted by the end of the year anyways, probably in summer

1 hour ago, LabMan95 said:

Your position is correct, but as it is DE is already on that path if you're willing to wait a few months. Volt should be unvaulted by the end of the year anyways, probably in summer

I doubt Volt will be unvaulted in the normal way since they're giving him out through Baro. Even if he is unvaulted, Nova Prime and Nyx Prime are still ahead of him in the queue, so he likely won't return until next year.

Baro unvaulting can be a decent idea since it guives newer players a chance to get prime stuff that they missed with time.

Doing fissures to get into more fissures is not exactly what i would call "interesting" but its a shot you have at grabbing something vaulted without an oficial unvault if you want that chance.

In the end its all about player choice and if one feels to go through it. With time it eventually makes a proper temporary return

As for me... Im just a bit "disapointed" baro came like this :/ 

DE want to add vaulting idea? Kudos for it... But... Not even one new little tiny cosmetic mixed into the bag :/

I allrdy have some time into the game... 

Somedays i play more... Some days i play less... 

Baro visits for me is a thing that makes me "pumped" for a "Warframe exclusive week end" were i usually log and play it a bit more. 

In that time i do everything from farming, building (if anything), formaing, invasions, alerts (if good) and even the time of the season i usually sell the stuff that i hogged with time.

But these kind off Baro visits with nothing new? Feels bad :(

They aren’t really trying a ‘new approach’ the whole reason they’re doing this now is because volt PA was probably one of the worst ones in their history (2 items only iirc) and it’s not really worth making it into a PV 

I highly doubt they’ll do this again, unless they really need to, since doing it via baro means a lot of possible profit is lost 

17 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

They aren’t really trying a ‘new approach’ the whole reason they’re doing this now is because volt PA was probably one of the worst ones in their history (2 items only iirc) and it’s not really worth making it into a PV 

I highly doubt they’ll do this again, unless they really need to, since doing it via baro means a lot of possible profit is lost 

Edo Prime is one of the better looking armors, imo, and a frame plus an Archwing is hardly bad or even the "worst".

Buying from Baro means people turned Prime parts into Ducats instead of trading to others with Plat. Profit is not direct and you can hardly call something lost if you don't know what it is.

The shocking speed with which the trade scalper scum come to cry about volt relics on baro is unsurprising..  It's laughable how people are in such a greed driven nerd rage over it that they try to make the argument that it's a sales loss for DE... I have no idea what volt P is selling for lately.. but at some price people stop being willing to spend RL$ -> Plat -> Frame... maybe scalpers/hoarders were driving the price up too much so DE stabilized the market.. 

Reminds me of the people who start crying without fail every time the acolytes come back with meme strike..

Btw..troll me all you want..I already have volt P..just speaking the truth.  Shield up.

8 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Edo Prime is one of the better looking armors, imo, and a frame plus an Archwing is hardly bad or even the "worst".

Buying from Baro means people turned Prime parts into Ducats instead of trading to others with Plat. Profit is not direct and you can hardly call something lost if you don't know what it is.

Meant the PA as a whole, you can buy the accessories separately and it is a beautiful armor 

Since volt was not so popular and meh at the time, and AW wasn’t winning the ‘game mode of the year’ award it’s safe to say that, comparing it to the other PAs, it was the most underperforming one, I even remember the outcry from that time, mainly due to the AW 

And do you really think getting this through baro and not cetus and PV will get them the same profit or more?