The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Day 850 Login is a joke

Voltage

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Juniormech777 said:

Mark my words here, there certainly should be limitations to deciding what Riven you get.

All I'm thinking of right now is Scoliac Rivens with insanely high percentages of range, damage, and crit chance on slide attacks. Oh, dear God... :scared:

So? It could increase the pressure on devs to nerf the whip meta, and the longer they wait the more people are going to be in possession of Rivens like that. It'd be good for the game in the long run. The faster imbalances are acted upon the better, and the more prominent they are the faster they're generally taken care of!

vor 18 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Juniormech777:

Mark my words here, there certainly should be limitations to deciding what Riven you get.

All I'm thinking of right now is Scoliac Rivens with insanely high percentages of range, damage, and crit chance on slide attacks. Oh, dear God... :scared:

guess im one of the very few using a scoliac riven without these stats and without a slide build...i for sure wouldnt pick that ever.

On 4/1/2018 at 3:35 AM, --Q--Phanini said:

yea buddy this thread isn't pointless

this thread is here to show DE that we're not happy to log in 850 days, just to get something that can be gotten easily through sorties or trade chat. Its not incentive to log in, its not a reward, at least when compared to the previous rewards, and hopefully the next milestone will be better.

This is a discussion, or is 8 pages of comments from different viewpoints not that for you?

Personally, this is a spit in the face of those who dedicated their time to log in daily, which isn't easy, especially with IRL stuff coming in.

The sense of entitlement coming from you is interesting. DE doesn't owe you anything, and you are not entitled to anything just because you took 1 minute to log in. Many games don't offer you anything for a login reward, so be happy you get anything at all. And yes, this thread is pointless. Threads that offer no feedback or worthwhile discussion does nothing for anybody.

The TE should start to see more than himself before he start this kind of none sense, people like me who just take a break and come back see what they missed and if I see a Primed Streamline for example at 1000 logins I’m stay at 400 or something I would immediately press Alt F4 and uninstall. 

Its not that I care 20 or 30% more it’s cuz I know I can’t max my stats like other maybe there will be builds that need more, and we can’t reach them.

Lol later day 1000 reward is a new Primed Nightmare mod with 10 ranks, each rank +10%eff and 5%power strength.

Would be high time to give up when that kind of thing happens.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Lol later day 1000 reward is a new Primed Nightmare mod with 10 ranks, each rank +10%eff and 5%power strength.

Would be high time to give up when that kind of thing happens.

hopefully DE implements the new Track system before we get to that point....

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:23 AM, MopUpCrewman said:

Another QQ post by the Q clan. Checks out. 

But seriously, how do you manage to become more self entitled with each post? Try thinking about other players for once just like DE are. I approve of this reward, daily logins should NOT hold time gated exclusives (at least in it's current form). 

"But it shows how long we've been committed to the game!" And? Who cares? Is a horribly big playtime something to be proud of now? I'm at day 800 and I wish others could have the things I've gotten from the login system but for less time. 

I'm with you on this; I fear wading into this discussion - as it has become quite heated. But I agree that 800+ should not gate MR gear. This reward is nice but isn't game changing and doesn't gate out content for those of us who are committed to the game but can only log in a couple of days a week.

Maybe cosmetics are acceptable but I think weapons at these really high numbers would be a little unfair. Potatoes, rivens and maybe the odd sydana.

16 hours ago, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

The sense of entitlement coming from you is interesting. DE doesn't owe you anything, and you are not entitled to anything just because you took 1 minute to log in. Many games don't offer you anything for a login reward, so be happy you get anything at all. And yes, this thread is pointless. Threads that offer no feedback or worthwhile discussion does nothing for anybody.

The basis of a log in reward is to add incentives to the daily play, the log in and grind. It's a basic milestone that adds a slight purpose to those who have already ground, slayed and conquered every other milestone from focus to Mastery rank. Daily log in rewards are the last standing milestone for many people, in short, its what people will be looking forward to getting. There's been a certain standard to that, interesting weapons and cosmetics, though not gamebreaking, there was a standard you could expect and look forward to. 

Now imagine that standard dropped suddenly, imagine instead of getting a weapon with interesting mechanics and styles, you got a riven cache, and you need to throw away rivens to access it if you're maxed out. Imagine the feeling of realizing that the last pillar of incentives to log in and play, after more than 2 years, has crumbled to appease people who call this long term investment a "time-gate"

Now tell me again, with all that in mind, with all the people logging in even though its been a long day, even though they might not want to, just to get to the next milestone that this half-baked reward isn't a spit in the face.

This thread is not to complain, clearly, we're just here to bring this up as a topic, to show the community and DE that this riven cache wasn't the best idea, and that hopefully it will change the outcome of future log in rewards, because clearly, that needs to be done. 

This thread isn't pointless, if you feel as though it is then feel free to drop the conversation, but DE gave these rewards out at a specific standard since day 1 (technically 100 with the azima) and we expected that.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Clockwork Geoff said:

I'm with you on this; I fear wading into this discussion - as it has become quite heated. But I agree that 800+ should not gate MR gear. This reward is nice but isn't game changing and doesn't gate out content for those of us who are committed to the game but can only log in a couple of days a week.

Maybe cosmetics are acceptable but I think weapons at these really high numbers would be a little unfair. Potatoes, rivens and maybe the odd sydana.

On the other hand, DE did say they would rework the log in reward system to a more "50 days to a goal of your choice" mindset, which to me is fabulous, since it would still make logging in daily important, but it would also bring more power to choose which rewards you want, so nothing is really "time-gated" like people say it is. In the meantime, what can we really do but sit and wait for it to happen right?

3 hours ago, (XB1)Clockwork Geoff said:

Or maybe something we haven't had as a reward before. A new emote that works on both Operators and Warframes. Actually, an emote that involves both your warframe and Operator would be really cool.

38 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Or maybe something we haven't had as a reward before. A new emote that works on both Operators and Warframes. Actually, an emote that involves both your warframe and Operator would be really cool.

Yeah something cool and interesting that rewards you for playing but at the same time doesn't gate weapons for people who cannot play everyday.

56 minutes ago, --Q--Phanini said:

On the other hand, DE did say they would rework the log in reward system to a more "50 days to a goal of your choice" mindset, which to me is fabulous, since it would still make logging in daily important, but it would also bring more power to choose which rewards you want, so nothing is really "time-gated" like people say it is. In the meantime, what can we really do but sit and wait for it to happen right?

I very much like this idea, nothing is time gated but those who are more active will get more out of the rewards.

Best of both worlds - at the end of the day log in rewards are meant to be 'bonus' not something we all need to aim for, important for people to keep this in mind when complaining that the rewards aren't good enough.

20 hours ago, Orblit said:

I've gotten less then 50 total (counting the ones I've endo'd cause plasma sword).

I have one for a Glaxion that's collecting dust - and that one I got from TWW. No, I don't do Sorties.

Hopefully the Rivens I wind up getting with the log in reward will be worth a little something in trade chat. If not, oh well.

3 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Or maybe something we haven't had as a reward before. A new emote that works on both Operators and Warframes.

Operators can already use all the emotes except for the acrobatic Narta ones (Aquarid, Eclipse, Fathom, and Solstice).

Actually, an emote that involves both your warframe and Operator would be really cool.

Ohhh, now that's a good idea. But is it possible? I mean both mechanic-wise and lore-wise.

Edited by (XB1)Juniormech777

emotes are cool, but not log in for 850 days cool though. I feel the weapon series should keep coming, but the log in system needs rework, its 2018, the year of reworks, so hopefully we'll see some changes, but till then... 

we'll just keep logging in daily

16 minutes ago, (PS4)KnowLedge said:

DE painted themselves into this corner by including really good mods as login rewards. That makes people expect some decent stuff the further they go. 

Which is why the login path system needs to come asap. That way they can add whatever they want in the login rewards without making players hate it for being 2-3 years late to the game and having no way to rush time, it's frustrating, it doesn't even need playing effort. That said, the topic is about a half-way milestone which have some goodies and usually a sigil though, 850, not a real milestone every 100 days for big rewards.

I don't see how a booster & a potato/adapter with a sigil that no one will use are in anyway better. 

You can also get them by trading in chat. only difference is the sigil but again most of them look the same and 1 of your slots is already preoccupied by a syndicate one.

If your complaint is that neither a booster+potato+sigil nor a Riven cache are satisfactory for 850 logins, then all I can say is that they want to add a new login system and the non scaling 50 days rewards are probably related to that.

Edited by Midrib