Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fastest way to level up mastery ranks?

(PSN)LightningTow

So I've played for a total of 13 days (yes, I have no life) and I'm at rank 6. I randomly looked at someone else's profile and they at rank 9, and he/she had played for 5 days. What am I doing wrong?

I play with all maxed-out items except one, so all of the XP goes into that one item. Should I be doing something different?

Edited by (PS4)LightningTow
  • Like 1

Nah, xp goes into max ranked items as well, they are just wasted.

Most efficient way to rank up a weapon is therefor to not have any other weapons equipped.

EDIT: But seriously, don't worry about. It's not a competition to get to MR 20 first or anything like that. As said above, Hydron is the quickest way to rank up weapons and that is on the final planet in the system. Just play at your own pace, then when you have unlocked all the star chart, you can start worrying about ranking up everything and getting the best gear.

Edited by rune_me

xp still get split between your weapons reguardless of whether its maxed or not. you need to keep building and leveling up new weapons.

if you want to mazimize your efforts you should have non max ranked items equiped at all times.  also you only get mastery for an item the first time you level it so you need to get new different items that you've never used

3 minutes ago, Tora.Prime said:

Fast guide:
1) Go to hydron (sedna)
2) Play

at 13 days and mr6 I would guess he cant get to hydron, let alone even know about it.

but yeah there is that, if you can get a group to taxi you to hydron on sedna you will level your stuff fast

4 minutes ago, (PS4)LightningTow said:

I play with all maxed-out items except one, so all of the XP goes into that one item. Should I be doing something different?

Affinity (XP) is divided amongst your equipment, including stuff that's already maxed, the only exception is kills with Warframe Powers, which give all the Affinity to your Warframe. the less equipment you carry, the more XP goes to what you are carrying.

you can easily level up your MR by ranking up equipment as fast as you can and doing junctions, but I'd recommend you pace yourself, as levelling equipment is a big part of this game that you shouldn't really rush, else you'll be left with nothing else to do and get bored as a result.

41 minutes ago, ghoffman1928 said:

at 13 days and mr6 I would guess he cant get to hydron, let alone even know about it.

but yeah there is that, if you can get a group to taxi you to hydron on sedna you will level your stuff fast

And yes, I've unlocked all the planets and I can get to Hydron...

Edited by (PS4)LightningTow
  • Like 1

1) Acquire tons of credits. Do this through the Index on Neptune. 10mil should do it.

2) Get into a clan with all research done.

3) Buy up all market and dojo blueprints.

4) Build the weapons you can with the resources you have.

5) Start leveling weapons through defense missions on planets you need resources from.

This is about the fastest way to grind MR I can think of. It'll still take you a while to get all the mats/credits required tho.

Edited by Tandem28

Hey!

You need to go to the MARKET on your ship, and buy a few blueprints of Primary and Secondary and Melee.

Build those, and always equip all 3 weapons to as long as they are not rank 30, you are leveling up!

Only equipe ONE if your want to rank THAT item faster, not your MR.

Hope this helps!

Youtube: VINCE_LUCA 

it really depends on what you want out of the game. 

If you just want to level MR as fast as possible then build an item, get a taxi to hydron, and repeat until finished. 

Mid you don’t really want to slog through a million defenses, but want to explore then finish the star chart.  

Personally id do the later.  By the time you finish you’ll have a good understanding of the mechanics of the game, lots of resources, and access to any place for all missions you’ll need for alerts and other stuff.  Then you can farm for stuff like materials, void relics, and so on. 

Hydron in Sedna.

Also, learn how affinity works. 

100% affinity goes into the frame if you kill using its abilities.

50% goes to frame and 50% goes to the weapon you used to kill an enemy.

25% goes to frame and 75% is split equally among the number of weapons you have on at that time when your teammate kills an enemy.

In other words, if you wanna level a frame fast, use a lot of abilities and don't kill too much with weapons.

If you wanna level a weapon, unequip the other 2 weapons and bring a support frame lile trinity or only use support abilities like Roar or Radial Disarm to help your teammates kill faster but don't do most of the kills yourself.

• 1 month later...

I have 5109 Hours Playing warframe let me give u an advice :

dont rush it, enjoy the content, if u pick a weapon and u like it, put some formas on it.. try different builds,  same with warframes ^^

also the mods should be a priority over the gear since.. whats the big deal having all the weapons and warframes if u can't make them shine with propper modding...

have fun!! 

Edited by Frenrihr89
  • Like 1

En 19/3/2018 a las 19:48, ghoffman1928 dijo:

Why not ? 13 days are 300+ hours . More than enought to reach sedna (more than enought to reach mr 20+ ... but thats is another topic)

On 3/20/2018 at 2:42 AM, (PS4)LightningTow said:

So I've played for a total of 13 days (yes, I have no life) and I'm at rank 6. I randomly looked at someone else's profile and they at rank 9, and he/she had played for 5 days. What am I doing wrong?

13 days = no life? i have 4000 hours

if you want to level a specific weapon, kill with it, and make sure to remove all other weapons as they share affinity

another way, go to hydron, let others do the killing, you will level that weapon fast provided you removed all other 30 level weapons

Make all sentinels,  warframes are 6k mr pots each weapons are 3k mr points each, buy each sentinel comes with a weapon so each sentinel built and lvled gets you 9k Mr points.  They also lvl easily fairly passively.

I never did the meta lvling strategy they seem boring.  When specifically lvling weapons I speed run spy missions with all run speed/movement mods on loki you can get comparable exp rates once you get good at it, plus lots of relics.  Frames I take a high range melee weapon and just the frame so the exp split is better and do fissure missions mobile defense is typically good and quick.

Also you don't always want to lvl grind, i used to always have 1 of my 3 weapons un ranked when running normal missions.  This way your always making progress.

Star chart exp is alot for low mr.  Clearing all the junctions opens the whole world for you, and will net you 27,000 Mr pots.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

Hi, just take unranked equipment on missions and to always have some new ones prepared in your inventory (each type Waframe, Primary, Secondary, Melee). For that you always need your Forge to be running all the time! And for that you need credits, resources, blueprints.. all at once.

- If you don't have new unranked weapon prepared, you can buy few weapons with credits in Market (mostly weaker MK1 ones)

- If you just want to level quickly with low-ranged weapons/warframes, just play PUBLIC "dark sector infested defenses/survivals", eg. Ceres/Seimeni etc.

- Also always play boss-missions multiple times, you get new warframe blueprints + rare resources

- If you enjoy the game, buy platinum, buy some warframe+weapon slots and 30day Boosters: Affinity+Credits. You can get enough resources with normal play (and using extractors, boss-missions)

- don't forget to sell unused rank30 weapons to free slots, some of them could be used to forge another weapon, check it here:

Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients

• 3 months later...

One of the things early players often miss for MR is Companions -- each Sentinel companion gives you 9000 mastery (6000 for the Sentinel and 3000 for it's weapon) and it tends to level up pretty quickly.   Other than that, level up as many weapons and warframes as you can as noted above.