Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Starting to Get a Bad Feeling

(PSN)Regiampiero

it won't be anything like that, it'll likely be a reference to what Margulis and/or Natah's Sacrifices made in the Tenno's name. Margulis chose the Tenno over Ballas, Natah chose the Tenno over Hunhow and victory in the Old War. perhaps now it'll be our turn to choose between Margulis and Natah.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Excalibur might be the only exception or DE's way of working around not releasing Excalibur Umbra to the non-Chinese audience.

Excalibur Umbra was from the beginning intended to be only a timed exclusive.

A bit extreme imo, but I think it might be legally justifiable

Why would there be any legal issues? There is no law that forces them to release a frame for the whole audience. Not that it wouldn't be

kind of sucky for non founders.

Not only kind of. It would be very sucky for both founders and non founders alike, because the former would sacrifice a frame they can never get back and the second would not be able to get the frame at all. Lose-Lose situation for everyone.

4 hours ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Excalibur Umbra was from the beginning intended to be only a timed exclusive.

Why would there be any legal issues? There is no law that forces them to release a frame for the whole audience. Not that it wouldn't be

Not only kind of. It would be very sucky for both founders and non founders alike, because the former would sacrifice a frame they can never get back and the second would not be able to get the frame at all. Lose-Lose situation for everyone.

There might be legal issues because they made some agreement from Chinaframe founders that no one can ever get Excal Umbra Prime. As such, they're pretty much forced to make Excal Umbra a quest reward as a loophole.

We didn't go into any second dreams or even slept, and we definitely did not fight any wars within or without anywhere in-game when we did previous quests.

It was all metaphorical.

Waking up from reservoir and going into transference again with the somatic link machine.

Fighting a battle in our mind to get back our memories and powers.

The same will happen for Sacrifice.

It could be a sacrifice in the metaphorical sense or as part of the lore in the quest.

It doesn't have to be literal.

In fact, even if it was literal, that sacrifice could be something in the past and/or done by others.

It doesn't necessarily have to be us and it doesn't necessarily have to be a game mechanic.

Also, no way in hell will I sacrifice Excalibur Prime for this, even more so now that Dexcalibur is out and he is way better looking.

Excalibur Umbra is not protected by any legal contracts and can be released any ol' how DE wants since it was a timed exclusive. The agreement was Excal Umbra Prime cannot be sold or dropped ever but DE used the loophole by removing its status as a Prime despite the identical visuals.

No founder is gonna be dumb enough to fall for this one-way conversion trap and it will be pretty mean to non-founders to deny them this after so many years.

If it was just regular excalibur then it's not that bad because everyone can have it and DE can finally buff Excal Prime to be in-line with other Primes because 25 armor or 30 or so effective hp is nothing compared to any other Primes.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Man this got my noodle thinkin aboot other quests like The War Within. There was a War and we were Within an asteroid, like literally inside it. It has inspired me to write a book named "Print on Pages". Yes, bestseller material here. Or should I say "'material that sells the best' when being sold" hence the bestseller title.

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja

11 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Is anyone else starting to get the feeling that if indeed there will be a sacrifice (in the form of a Warframe) needed to get an Umbra, that it will have to be a Prime Warframe? I've been getting that feeling since Ballas poped up and with him being an Orokin and all, why would he want anything less then Primed stuff. Thoughts? 

lotus was the scarifice 

8 hours ago, Cryptix123 said:

There might be legal issues because they made some agreement from Chinaframe founders that no one can ever get Excal Umbra Prime. As such, they're pretty much forced to make Excal Umbra a quest reward as a loophole.

No they did not. The agreement was for Excalibur Umbra (Prime), Spira Prime (in the Chinese version some other name, Kunai Prime I think) and Nikana Prime to be a timed exclusive of at least 30 days in the Chinese version. In the Chinese version, once the founders program ended, these items were made unobtainable like what happened with our founder items. But in the global build, the items could be released after this 30day waiting period. And we already have Spira and Nikana Prime.

Edit: What I just remembered, there was another agreement, but the other way around. Chinaframe agreed to never release our founder items (e.g. Excalibur, Skana, Lato Prime), but then they went ahead and tried to release one of the weapons (I think Lato) anyway and it got quickly taken down due to backlash from DE.

Edited by bluepheonix13

15 hours ago, Wolfdoggie said:

I have an extra built Frost Prime because of Twitch... I'd finally have a use for it if that was the case since I never sold'em. I never needed his extra slot cuz the last two frames (Gara and Harrow) were impossible to obtain without buying, which I refused to, lol.

Why where they Impossible to obtain?

Gara drops from lvl 15 Bounties, totally Impossible ^^

and Harrow isnt hard to get either.

Actually, if they use prime warframes as crafting component then they can't make Umbras upgrades at all.

Otherwise, all Primes will be mastery fodder and nobody is gonna pay money to buy Prime Access for something they just gonna level to 30, keep in storage then use to make Umbra version.

I'd just use my second Frost from twitch prime lol. It would be a pretty neat mechanic. However, I'm thinking "the sacrifice" is just one of two (or both) possibilities. It's either talking about the sacrifice Margilus made, or will make; Or goes deeper into the lore of what a warframe is and that they were once living, but gave up will for the Tenno and Margilus. Not fully versed in the lore, but I doubt we'll see any significant sacrifices on our part as the players, save for our time :p

19 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Is anyone else starting to get the feeling that if indeed there will be a sacrifice (in the form of a Warframe) needed to get an Umbra, that it will have to be a Prime Warframe? I've been getting that feeling since Ballas poped up and with him being an Orokin and all, why would he want anything less then Primed stuff. Thoughts? 

Operator?

Lotus?

Couple of Oberons?

who knows....