Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kronen Prime Stats NEED A BUFF

cookieknife

no one promised you anything with this weapon.  stop acting like you were guaranteed anything.  

the melee weapon balance pass is happening now. i would expect the stats to be adjusted as a part of that update.  they will not drop what they are doing to buff a weapon you dont like the stats of. 

Telling the devs to buff it immediately is a sure fire way to get ignored. 

no one forced anyone to pay for it.  if you chose to buy it rather than farm for it, thats on you. 

13 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

Your loss!
/end thread

Rivens Disposition should not and do not have any effect on weapon balancing.

/end Your whole argument

While I really don't care about the Kronen prime, the "it has a high disposition, so no need to buff it, just get a riven" argument is exactly the kind of silly argument that would've kept 90% of all weapons that got buffed from getting those well needed buffs.

So no, that 5/5 Disposition on the Angstrum or the Phage isn't an excuse to keep them as a trash tier weapons.

Edited by Midrib

vor 49 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Evilpricetag:

awww whats the range on these bad boys? 

the dmg is nice but these littl boys have 0 !!!!!!!!!!! RANGE - i used Primed Reach on it and it still didn't hit enemys 4m in front of me.
It feels like it's base range is less than 1m which sucks no fun at all so far to run around with it

30 minutes ago, Xantheis said:

no one promised you anything with this weapon.  stop acting like you were guaranteed anything.  

the melee weapon balance pass is happening now. i would expect the stats to be adjusted as a part of that update.  they will not drop what they are doing to buff a weapon you dont like the stats of. 

Telling the devs to buff it immediately is a sure fire way to get ignored. 

no one forced anyone to pay for it.  if you chose to buy it rather than farm for it, thats on you. 

TBH it doesn't have to do much with this.

WIth the last Prime releases as well as the other category passes, the Primes have been reinforced as the "high end" weapon category they are supposed to be. I understand why this comes out as pretty underwhelming for Kronen while Tiberon got all the love.

Although I guess the culprit here is actually Maiming Strike.

The melee weapons getting a pass (that isn't really a pass, but an overhaul of the Melee system that will need adjustments once it's being developed) doesn't stop the team from actually giving this weapon some more power that it could really use. I mean, sure, they're not the Fang Prime but after the latest melees to be released this is really weird.

And it wouldn't also be the first time they buff a PA weapon on immediate feedback, as the Spira Prime came out quite bad too when it released and Scott corrected that quite shortly after.

Edited by NightmareT12

4 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

TBH it doesn't have to do much with this.

WIth the last Prime releases as well as the other category passes, the Primes have been reinforced as the "high end" weapon category they are supposed to be. I understand why this comes out as pretty underwhelming for Kronen while Tiberon got all the love.

Although I guess the culprit here is actually Maiming Strike.

The melee weapons getting a pass (that isn't really a pass, but an overhaul of the Melee system that will need adjustments once it's being developed) doesn't stop the team from actually giving this weapon some more power that it could really use. I mean, sure, they're not the Fang Prime but after the latest melees to be released this is really weird.

And it wouldn't also be the first time they buff a PA weapon on immediate feedback, as the Spira Prime came out quite bad too when it released and Scott corrected that quite shortly after.

which totally makes sense and i agree with you.  i can see them adjusting based on feedback and can see them adjusting as a part of the rework - my guess is these stats line up with what is currently in place and that will change when the rework hits. I also agree that the expectation of maiming strike plus extra range sets this lower than anticipated. 

my issue with OP's post is demanding a buff immediately and then demanding that this prime is somehow better than all the others. that isnt how things work. 

Kronen Prime’s stat increases were very minimal. They were minimal to the point they should have been implemented on normal Kronen instead

Kronen Prime does not have Prime stats and a simple fix is givin it more damage and more status. Please don’t leave this weapon in the trash while venka Prime has a whole new quirk and Nami Skyla Prime had a massive stat increase across the board. 

6 minutes ago, Xantheis said:

which totally makes sense and i agree with you.  i can see them adjusting based on feedback and can see them adjusting as a part of the rework - my guess is these stats line up with what is currently in place and that will change when the rework hits. I also agree that the expectation of maiming strike plus extra range sets this lower than anticipated. 

my issue with OP's post is demanding a buff immediately and then demanding that this prime is somehow better than all the others. that isnt how things work. 

Primes are definitely better than their counterparts that IS how things work. 

And primes have for the last 2+ years been nothing but top tier weapons for the current build.

Just now, Cyborg-Rox said:

I think DE might be a little afraid to create another spin-2-win meta weapon. And hey, it does have max Riven Disposition.

But tonfas are literally made for spin-2-win. And unlike whips, they don't let a whole room vanish in one swipe.

Just now, cookieknife said:

Primes are definitely better than their counterparts that IS how things work. 

And primes have for the last 2+ years been nothing but top tier weapons for the current build.

right.  exactly.  the kronen prime is better than the kronen.  it is consistent with the ideal of prime weapons.  the kronen prime is not nor should it be better than the galatine prime as you indicated earlier in the thread.

My point still stands.  demanding an immediate buff to a weapon that is already better than its non-prime counterpart is the easiest way to get ignored by not only the devs but everyone else.  it is likely that this and all other melee weapons will be adjusted as a part of the melee pass they are working on.  

you were not forced to pay for it.  you could have farmed for it.  

you could have also posted constructive feedback rather than a rant filled, immature demand for attention. 

Have to admit they do seem underwhelming especially considering the fair bit more love Tib Prime got. Hopefully they'll take a look at them sooner rather than later. At least I can be thankful that I don't personally enjoy tonfas all that much or...something, I guess. Still a bit sad with my Graxx Tennogen skin sitting all neglected like. One day perhaps...one day :/

duplicate posts in different categories are fun.  at least this one is much more constructive than the last.  kudos there.

Im guessing the Kronen and, consequently, the Kronen Prime will be adjusted in the rebalance pass that is currently underway.  if you look at the current stat setup and MR gate, the prime variant isnt too far off other similar weapons that meet the same normal to prime difference with similar MR.  given that we are relatively close to the melee rebalance, they likely shipped based on the old (existing) structure. 

I dont disagree that a buff would be great.  i am more interested in how this will fit into the larger melee structure they are working on - i think that will be very telling.

Edited by Xantheis
clarity

5 minutes ago, Mintaro said:

I wonder if they have a hidden passive? I don't have them but I wonder if that would be the reason why the stats compared to the normal variant isn't as grand.

What little footage I've seen on YouTube since release doesn't lead me to think that's the case but who knows. All very brief and quick glimpses before people spend some time with them. Would be nice if it was something like what they did with Venka Prime. I'd be cool with that.

19 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

Kronen Prime’s stat increases were very minimal. They were minimal to the point they should have been implemented on normal Kronen instead

Kronen Prime does not have Prime stats and a simple fix is givin it more damage and more status. Please don’t leave this weapon in the trash while venka Prime has a whole new quirk and Nami Skyla Prime had a massive stat increase across the board. 

Typical....Not even out for half a day and people are already asking for powercreep buffs. 

:facepalm:

Here's a suggestion. Use it for a couple of days, trying out different builds, and then criticize its performance after you've properly tested it because an opinion on something can change given enough time. 2-3 hours is honestly not enough time to grasp the nuances of a weapon - although it might be enough time to reveal animation / fx bugs and such.

6 minutes ago, Xantheis said:

i am more interested in how this will fit into the larger melee structure they are working on - i think that will be very telling.

This. I highly suspect that a lot of weapons, including Kronen P, are going to be reworked even more heavily than Primaries and Secondaries. That said, the current stats for Kronen P are more than likely temporary and will change in the future.

Also, we're probably going to see a change in how spin attacks and combos work.

il y a 14 minutes, Mintaro a dit :

I wonder if they have a hidden passive? I don't have them but I wonder if that would be the reason why the stats compared to the normal variant isn't as grand.

yup it has a 100% chance to create forum topic on release ;3 

As someone who uses absolutely nothing (99% of the time at least) aside from Kronen - just looking at the Prime stats makes me uneasy about putting in all the effort to get it or even outright buy it.

Comparisons:

• Kronen Prime, compared to Kronen:
    • Higher base damage (66.0 vs. 65.0)
      • Higher Impact b Impact damage (6.6 vs. 6.5)
      • Higher Puncture b Puncture damage (6.6 vs. 6.5)
      • Higher Slash b Slash damage (52.8 vs. 52.0)
    • Higher critical chance (12% vs. 5%)
    • Higher critical damage multiplier (2.0x vs. 1.5x)
    • Higher status chance (24% vs. 20%)
    • Higher attack speed (1.17 vs. 1.08)
    • Higher Mastery Rank required (8 vs. 3)

...Really?? Barely 1.0+ dmg difference from its counter-part, and you're going to place that at MR8? Lol.

The Critical chance is nice but since we use meme strike on everything not like it matters.

Crit. dmg is pretty nice,

status seems pretty random - 24% vs. 20

Attack speed is always a plus but that's about it

It's unfortunate seeing DE wants us to blatantly be forced to *turn* to rivens in a scenario with this weapon. I already have to use a rather high-tier riven on my own to get it into "endgame" scenarios (without buffs), but I would hope that would actually...oh...you know..."BALANCE" out a little with a prime variant of a weapon

It's like they fully expect people to just use memestrike with this thing

Could use like 6-10 base damage buff, crit chance buff bringing it to 15-18%, and a lot more range. Currently you have to jam your fist on the enemy's face to hit things without any range mods and maxed Primed Reach doesn't make that much better.

36 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Typical....Not even out for half a day and people are already asking for powercreep buffs. 

Here's a suggestion. Use it for a couple of days, trying out different builds, and then criticize its performance after you've properly tested it because an opinion on something can change given enough time. 2-3 hours is honestly not enough time to grasp the nuances of a weapon - although it might be enough time to reveal animation / fx bugs and such.

This. I highly suspect that a lot of weapons, including Kronen P, are going to be reworked even more heavily than Primaries and Secondaries. That said, the current stats for Kronen P are more than likely temporary and will change in the future.

Also, we're probably going to see a change in how spin attacks and combos work.

dude. its a matter of numbers how can you look at a weapon and not see if its good or not by looking at the stats? and i'm not even saying its bad but its bad for the PRIME upgraded version . especially with what we've had before. 

Edited by cookieknife

35 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

You act like it's a complete new kind of weapon when it's not. It's literally standard kronen with VERY tiny bit amounts of increases. +1 more base damage, 0.09 more attack speed, 4% more status and barely a high enough crit chance. The crit mult increase is the highest that it got and even then, the telos boltace does way more damage and even gets a parkour bonus effect. People don't like paying lots of bucks or grinding their days for a mediocre small upgrade of an existing weapon when every other prime is a significant upgrade.

13 minutes ago, Prime-Ares said:

As someone who uses absolutely nothing (99% of the time at least) aside from Kronen - just looking at the Prime stats makes me uneasy about putting in all the effort to get it or even outright buy it.

Comparisons:

• Kronen Prime, compared to Kronen:
    • Higher base damage (66.0 vs. 65.0)
      • Higher Impact b Impact damage (6.6 vs. 6.5)
      • Higher Puncture b Puncture damage (6.6 vs. 6.5)
      • Higher Slash b Slash damage (52.8 vs. 52.0)
    • Higher critical chance (12% vs. 5%)
    • Higher critical damage multiplier (2.0x vs. 1.5x)
    • Higher status chance (24% vs. 20%)
    • Higher attack speed (1.17 vs. 1.08)
    • Higher Mastery Rank required (8 vs. 3)

...Really?? Barely 1.0+ dmg difference from its counter-part, and you're going to place that at MR8? Lol.

The Critical chance is nice but since we use meme strike on everything not like it matters.

Crit. dmg is pretty nice,

status seems pretty random - 24% vs. 20

Attack speed is always a plus but that's about it

It's unfortunate seeing DE wants us to blatantly be forced to *turn* to rivens in a scenario with this weapon. I already have to use a rather high-tier riven on my own to get it into "endgame" scenarios (without buffs), but I would hope that would actually...oh...you know..."BALANCE" out a little with a prime variant of a weapon

honestly the crit chance and crit damage are perfect, hope they arent touched in the slightest. but with that being said the damage and status chance are the most offensive to me 

more attack speed could be nice but a modified combo multiplier or better stats or something would be great. these stats would be fine if it had something like ballistica or venka.

i also think kogake needed that also

6 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

It's like they fully expect people to just use memestrike with this thing

Could use like 6-10 base damage buff, crit chance buff bringing it to 15-18%, and a lot more range. Currently you have to jam your fist on the enemy's face to hit things without any range mods and maxed Primed Reach doesn't make that much better.

i think if they buffed the status more and the damage more it could be a good status weapon and just be great