Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles (+ Boosters).

[DE]Rebecca

4 minutes ago, Bl4ckM0onk3y said:

You don't say, ive got 75% off from plat purchase, decisions decisions ... 

Since it's the first real problem with the servers in a long while, I don't understand why you're hesitating! I would use it and be happy about it.

1 minute ago, Wildcardgsx said:

I've Got to say Im really getting tired of this!

Can you guys over at DE fix/amend your firewalls rules and polices already to start denying this traffic!?

Heck Hire Me and Ill do it for you...

Yv68ceA.jpg

I was thinking the same thing :D DDoS is not pleasant and it can't be completely avoided, but UDP traffic and syn flood can be so easily mitigated ... on so many levels.

And because its actually easy, and there are multiple levels of technicians responsible for this (from the devs, to the data center, to the ISPs of the data center, etc) I refuse to believe that a problem like this is caused by a DDoS.

Any kind of DDoS lasting more than 12 hours is a tremendous risk for the attacker because the longer an attack lasts, the easier for authorities is to scan through the traffic of the flooding nodes and locate the attacker.

2 minutes ago, Gen5 said:

Ok Thanks a lot DE...... now the wife is engaging a conversation with me........ Stalker where are you now.......

He was the one who made your wife engage a conversation, his evil plan, distract the tenno and attack 

Well i got nothing from compensated boosters when they just extend the time, the weekend is over - and i don'T have as much time within the week to use the boosters at all. i am really curious how they will compensate that

4 minutes ago, Quagon said:

To be fair, some people might just start the game, play for a bit, get connection issues and go to the forums. Through that entire process they might not be aware there's issues and so they whine.

Yeah that's fair enough, There are exceptions new players or people have been working all weekend and only now had time to log on. But some of the other people on here whining its like you'll see a post from some person "I just got on" 5 minutes later same person posts again "muh I lost valuables"...I mean wtf lol

1 minute ago, tprx said:

Since it's the first real problem with the servers in a long while, I don't understand why you're hesitating! I would use it and be happy about it.

Well it's my 4th time 75% off. And tbh i don't want  to spend money on something i wont play when the servers are beeing ddos'ed. 

4 minutes ago, madeye11 said:

the boosters that i have used only diminish in time when you are logged in.

• A  Booster becomes active immediately upon purchase and expires after the indicated days of real time (not time played in the game).

vor 21 Stunden schrieb Helldong:

Plug out the cable and put it back in.

in case u didnt know ddos which is propanbly the case its basically a request from tons of pc's which brings their server to their limits, and in the end a full shut down, mostly those guys are just pigs and want some money, but tbh those guys are just scum. with that being sad, its not as easy as to plug out and in again

Gerade eben schrieb Ouch74:
  • A  Booster becomes active immediately upon purchase and expires after the indicated days of real time (not time played in the game).

and exactly that is the problem with them - even that i cant chose when to activate that stuff

also same problem for the discounts on plat

6 minutes ago, Gen5 said:

Ok Thanks a lot DE...... now the wife is engaging a conversation with me........ Stalker where are you now.......

Ouch, you might end up with a kid in 9 months... That what happens with major power outage!

• Like 2

DDoS is very time consuming to fix. I remembered it from the days of IRC (1990s to early 2000s) that sometimes a null-route of IP was needed and then the machine patched. Even then, there are vulnerabilities. Usually this is the reason why bandwidth will cost so much.   

Yes, firewalls and that can be put in place and changed, but as fast as they are changed, a new vulnerability is found. I've seen how botnets work on IRC and elsewhere.. it is a pain to deal with but it's a risk of being on the net.  

And yes, I dated myself. LOL. I've been on net since early 90s. 

It happens actually very frequently under these circumstances, They get DDOS'd so hard that it actually fries (literally over heats and cooks) the hardware firewall. Usually you set up "rules" and "polices" to limit the amount of traffic any single IP can send, but if its multiple attackers from multiple IP's even with the proper rules in place and load balanced with a redundant system.

Edited by Wildcardgsx

5 minutes ago, Zla_Gad said:

I don't understand it. Just hire a whitehat and have him/her fry the DDOSers' machinery. Simple and easy solution.

DDOS stands for distributed denial of service attack. It's distributed because it comes from thousands of infected sources. Whoever manages botnet has absolutely no reason to participate in attack, they just send commands to infected sources. I believe good ol' days when you could kill a server with just one machine are gone, and I expect DE has more resilient servers. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Shankster9:

Sorry, but that's your own fault. I really don't get why people insist on playing while the server issues are ongoing. >_<

how do you know of server issues when you launch the game? there is no message and no warning that servers have trouble...