Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe augment slots need to be a thing

Revan209

I would like them to do this. They could even change the augments into to a new item and allow us to place it into a new special slot in the mod screen, similar to the new Arcane slots. I just don't want them to over-complicate the UI. I don't know if my suggestion would help or make the problem worse but I know adding a third mod in the top row (next to aura and exilus slots) might be a bit too convoluted at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Wildcardgsx said:

This Idea again; Its been passed around multiple times and the Dev's have straight up told us "NO" but they have not said if these Augments will become Exilus Mods Like Valkyr's Hysterical Assault

Which is currently the only Augment that can fit into the Exilus Slot on any warframe

Nova's Augment for Wormhole is also an Exilus mod.

Anyway, you've got 8 slots to fit augments into already.

Augments in Exilus slots would be wonderful and would seriously aid in build diversity. I feel compelled to use the same handful of Exilus mods every single time. Having the option to exchange them for something that actually switches up play style would be excellent and I would experiment with different set ups much more often. 

On 3/27/2018 at 3:47 AM, Revan209 said:

Long version: You've logged into the game and see the patch notes in the news section. You open it up and see that new warframe augments have been added to the game and that one of them is for one of your favorites, or at least one that you use a lot. You take a look at it and realize it's something that is beneficial to your play style and really want to add it to your build. Then you realize that you've pretty much min maxed your build and have no room for the augment. Then you wish that you had at least one slot dedicated to warframe augments so you don't need to sacrifice a (necessary feels like a bad word to use here) useful mod in exchange for one utility mod. But you don't, so now you just look at augments as a gimmick for the Simulacrum.

No to augment slots:

• We don't need powercreep in a game where the player character is already overpowered.
  • We don't need a slot to make it as though at least one augment is mandatory for a full build.
  • Augments are an increase in a Warframe's power or effectiveness and are worth the changing up of a build. They may not change any of your Upgrade screen numbers, but the gameplay is affected. In the case that an augment doesn't do that, either the player is perceiving the augment's use incorrectly, or the mod needs a buff.
  • Augments do not need to be part of the base ability if the base ability is useful. In the case that it isn't, the solution is to buff the ability, not null the mod.

This is a slippery topic.

For starters, many Warframes really do benefit from their Augments, whilst other Warframes only receive a minor/insignificant effect/gameplay change from an Augment.

An Augment slot would give many newbies the mentality that Augments are Mandatory. When they are optional.
Also, many players will find themselves feeling "forced" into using the slot. Because well: "Why have an empty Mod Slot? You should utilize every slot."

However, I DO like the idea that Augment's should be Exilus compatible. So I say, why not add 1 more Exilus slot instead?
BUT! We'll call this a "Primed Exilus Slot" (bear with me...keep reading...)
I feel that if we do add a Second Exilus slot it should have:
- A high cost to unlock.
-It will Augments and/or Exilus Mods to be equipped into it.
(IE: The Current Exilus slot stays the same. While this new slot exclusively gives the player the option to add an Augment or Exilus Mod.

The Cost:
The slot should require a "Primed Exilus Adapter" which is made by combining 3 or better yet 5 Exilus Adapters.

This cost seems very high but to be fair, an extra mod slot is a severe game changer. The cost needs to be high. This is a permanent upgrade & should be worked towards.
Add in that this "Primed Exilus Slot" would allow Augments to be equipped into it & well now you've given Frames that benefit/require Augments a free regular slot, while empowering frames that don't need/benefit strongly from augments a second Exilus Slot.
Needs to be something that players need to work towards/earn impo.

So I say "No." to Augment Slots
I say: "Yes" to a Second Exilus slot that allows Augments to be equipped into it.

Uts not that i agree or not with an extra slot... it wont brake 5he game. Warframes are allready so op that 5his would be a spit in a lake... the exilus mod compatibility would be a good ideea. And im all for it since most of the augments are not worth to put in your frame...

On 3/26/2018 at 11:21 PM, (XB1)mickeyjuiceman said:

Then you don't really need it. Why don't we have 20 slots? That would make things better, surely.

The argument that Supports OP is that many of these “augments” seem like fixes or additions that complete the functionality/viability of the frame as originally intended, or at the very least, to make them viable with today’s evolved Warframe.  

So I vote YES.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

On 3/26/2018 at 8:47 PM, Revan209 said:

I've only seen a few topics like this started so I'm adding one in hopes that this will gain traction within the community. The short version: WARFRAME AUGMENT MOD SLOTS NEED TO BE A THING.

Long version: You've logged into the game and see the patch notes in the news section. You open it up and see that new warframe augments have been added to the game and that one of them is for one of your favorites, or at least one that you use a lot. You take a look at it and realize it's something that is beneficial to your play style and really want to add it to your build. Then you realize that you've pretty much min maxed your build and have no room for the augment. Then you wish that you had at least one slot dedicated to warframe augments so you don't need to sacrifice a (necessary feels like a bad word to use here) useful mod in exchange for one utility mod. But you don't, so now you just look at augments as a gimmick for the Simulacrum.

In conclusion: I'm clearly not a game developer and there could be some game breaking issue(s) that could be caused by adding augment slots to warframes. Also, some augments are easily integrated into player's builds. Some of them. The point of adding an augment slot to warframes would be to increase the viability of all augments. If anyone is reading this, thank you for reading my two cents. If you're a dev, please tell me in the replies whether or not I'm crazy for saying that this could work.

Have a nice day. :)

I agree, people asked years ago for those when we first got the aura slots and removed 2 of our warframe slots, but DE refused to add them at the time for some silly reason. At this point in time though the game has so many damn mods, it would nice to get an extra mod slot for  an augment, or atleast make them exilus compatible, which I think would be for the best.

Edited by Sonicbullitt

Preach brother. Certain abilities are extremely redundant without their augments anyway, and some of them are just meh. Either implement those augments into the frame or get an augment slot.

Or actually, augments can be a seperate category like arcanes, not just mods. 

Actually, we need talent trees for warframes, like the focus schools. You invest points and "augment" certain abilities.

You can quote this because thats what you are going to see in the upcoming years.

On 3/30/2018 at 4:51 PM, White_Matter said:

Preach brother. Certain abilities are extremely redundant without their augments anyway, and some of them are just meh. Either implement those augments into the frame or get an augment slot.

Or actually, augments can be a seperate category like arcanes, not just mods. 

Actually, we need talent trees for warframes, like the focus schools. You invest points and "augment" certain abilities.

You can quote this because thats what you are going to see in the upcoming years.

Sounds nice. But wont the downside to this be that you cant revert your tallent tree and will be stuck with a good or probably a bad talent tree?

20 hours ago, Gemoroda said:

Sounds nice. But wont the downside to this be that you cant revert your tallent tree and will be stuck with a good or probably a bad talent tree?

I think they can add a mechanic to reset talent trees at a cost. Something like a distiller you build at your foundry.

Warframe talent tree is the future of warframe.