Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Prime....

Zoliru

10 minutes ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

Lore wise it would be interesting to see how they roll him out in gold.  He’s essentially and unarmored frame.  Maybe the primed version he gets will be a sleeker armored one.

It'd be cool to see without a doubt, but I think the reverse would be interesting as well. A far more infested, "wild" version. Maybe his version of a Prime is a more "complete" infestation of a Warframe, and the current version we found is one that was attempted to be tamed, or modified to be like the others.

Nidus Prime will appear eventually. can't promise the Lore will be any good, or that he'll look right, but he'll be one of the most powerful primes, that's for sure.

I'd like to think they'll give him a sort of "gilded disease" look, as if he's been "infected" with gold. the Lorist Ontella in the Synthesis entries describes having metallic veins snaking around his body that looked pretty freaky to others, maybe DE could take some inspiration from that in their designs?

I'd say he's have something of a translucent body containing the infestation. I'm thinking something like a collection of laboratory glassware, plasticware, caged torso.

Basically like frankenstein's monster.

Edited by DrLego

8 hours ago, Dark_Chroma said:

do you have something like this for Chroma too? 

I found that image on Pinterest; it's not even Warframe related but it just looked so much like Nidus, haha. 

You'll have to look around yourself; I found it by searching for "Nidus Prime concepts."

These two are from the same person as the above: https://felixchuyz.deviantart.com/

This one kinda reminds me of Chroma, a more human looking Chroma.

team_0_by_felixchuyz-da7jw0m.jpg

Maybe this one too

implosion_zeroday_teaser_warmech_design_

Edited by NuttiKrust
Why the heck does this forum nest my spoiler tags?!

When i think Nidus Prime there are two images that come to my mind.

First a Nidus covered in smooth white surfaces like some statue. Adored with gold. But once you build up stacks the whole thing breaks open and the infested bits point out.

As if Ballas had to sell Nidus to the higher ups and covered it all up for presentation.

Second a straight forward Nidus but with Orokin tech bits jammed into the body like an even more frankensteinian experiment half finished.

Nidus is a proto-Frame, I.E. a Warframe without any additional modifications or specializations. He's what all Warframes look like before they're given much tlc, more or less. So for his Prime, it's likely it'll be a very bare-bones look just like the original, with plates of armor and lines of gold holding his messy, fleshy bits together. Gaining stacks would likely see these plates separate and open up, revealing the Infested nastiness beneath.

21 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Limbo > Chroma > Mesa > Equinox > Atlas > Wukong > Ivara > Titania > Nezha > Inaros > Octavia > Gara > Nidus > Harrow

Estimated in between 39~51 Months.

This is one of the few rules with primes that they've actually broken :/

3 hours ago, Aggh said:

This is one of the few rules with primes that they've actually broken :/

So far they released Nova far before scheduled and Trinity before Banshee, thats all. From then the only exceptions was releasing a more popular warframe before another during Christmas to take advantage of holiday sales which Mirage/Zephyr is an example.

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

So far they released Nova far before scheduled and Trinity before Banshee, thats all. From then the only exceptions was releasing a more popular warframe before another during Christmas to take advantage of holiday sales which Mirage/Zephyr is an example.

I thought they did Mirage before Zephyr because of the Zephyr rework that wasn't finished yet.

Edited by MercuryDjinni

On 3/30/2018 at 8:02 PM, SneakyErvin said:

Na I mean actual Orokin lore. Was there ever a Nidus Prime or is Nidus simply X-frame that happened to get infested in some twisted Salad-V experiement?

Nidus came from an “old war relic” the myconians found and after the quest gave us. 

Old War= Orokin Era

Orokin Era = prime is lore friendly

On 3/30/2018 at 12:54 PM, SneakyErvin said:

Would there even be lore to back up a Nidus Prime? Isnt he just some post-Orokin era frame that got infested?

Nothing ever stated he was post-Orokin. In fact, dialog in-game points to the exact opposite.

On 3/30/2018 at 1:02 PM, SneakyErvin said:

Na I mean actual Orokin lore. Was there ever a Nidus Prime or is Nidus simply X-frame that happened to get infested in some twisted Salad-V experiement?

Every frame is made as a Prime first. Every single one. The Prime is what all the non-primes were based off of.

On 3/30/2018 at 7:34 PM, AlphaTheFinalBalance said:

So your saying that it would be the original strand of infestation then huh.. sounds scary tbh.

Its actually been confirmed by the devs that the Helminth strain, which Nidus is of, is a perfected form of the Infestation, so it came after.

On 3/31/2018 at 2:11 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Limbo is one of the most polarizing frames in the game, you really think they wouldn't release a more popular frame ahead of him lol?  Can you imagine the rage on the forums when there is a limbo prime in 9/10 missions as per usual with a prime release?  Limbo prime is going to need some real planning before they release him.

Edited by Aggh

I doubt it would be that hard, make the armoured/bone parts inlayed with gold and the infested parts more like the glowing blue plant-cables you see on the Orokin tileset, Give him a full on gold crown and we're all set.

Nidus is just a frame like any other, we have no reason to believe there is anything different about him compared to other Warframes save his focal "element"

Edited by SilentMobius

I imagine Nidus Prime will look beautiful, pristine and wonderfully sculpted. The gold will be untarnished, and seamless in construction.

Then when you play with him, he opens up. I can see him either becoming a grotesque parody of himself once the mutation stacks add up and he starts to unfold, or more interestingly, the bleached plant-like vines and branches you see in the orbiter and the void start to unwind and coil over nidus.