Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nuke Trinity OP ?

Doomsknightmare

10 minutes ago, angias said:

why not just make it that damage reflected is affected by ability strenght?

Because Blessing damage reduction is already strength based, which is needed for this Link build. Having it go off strength would just amplify the skill's ability even more, if it doesn't do it already. 

Unless you're referring to applying a flat damage multiplier on the ability. 

Edited by Bao
Clarificatiom

Il y a 2 heures, Bao a dit :

Because Blessing damage reduction is already strength based, which is needed for this Link build. Having it go off strength would just amplify the skill's ability even more, if it doesn't do it already. 

Unless you're referring to applying a flat damage multiplier on the ability. 

well i'm not sure about what i was thinking (genuinly forgot about blessing effect and build requirement)

instead split the damage reflected between enemies and use the same cap than damage absorbtion (because she is multiplying the damage she is taking)

but i guess the ability is fine (might be strong but the dedication needed for it might justify the output)

Yes, Please DE.. make Castatnas not do Self damage. While you are at it, remove all self damage.

This would be acceptable for me, BUT please do not nerf any damage.

On Topic: Yes and no. It is really strong at what it is good at, but outside of that.. it is a useless build. Currently, it is good for farming xp, focus, power leveling friends and credits.

Can we not have nice things?

9 hours ago, rune_me said:

Everyone can play it. It's not like you need leet skills to use Trinity or pre-nerf Ember for that sake. Actually, that's what's the complaints are about: that it's too easy and they want something that requires more skills than just pressing a button.

Except this requires using mods nobody ever uses in normal builds, keeping link and blessing up, then timing explosives when jumping to not instantly put yourself down....simply pointing a gun at an enemy and popping their head off is far more simple.

If this gets nerfed, those "non mandatory mods" go back into the shadows, I guess.

I mean, who even uses Diamond Skin and Aviator?

6 hours ago, (XB1)Clockwork Geoff said:

I agree - besides Warframe is a game about being OP, it isn't destiny where we need to nerf everything into boring balance.

"We" don't nerf anything. DE does. DE obviously want some balance in their game, otherwise they wouldn't nerf/buff things at all.

But I think DE's MO so far has mostly been to do away with things that requires very little skill or input from the player to get the job done. And I agree this build doesn't seem like that. 

2 minutes ago, rune_me said:

"We" don't nerf anything. DE does. DE obviously want some balance in their game, otherwise they wouldn't nerf/buff things at all.

But I think DE's MO so far has mostly been to do away with things that requires very little skill or input from the player to get the job done. And I agree this build doesn't seem like that. 

I meant we in the abstract, not the literal.

It is just one of those builds where you see people fail at it over an over. Whenever I end up with one of these Achmed Trinity players I usually just chuckle and ignore ressing them. When they fail at doing their thing they waste everyones time by using that build over a better suited offensive frame that doesnt need to be ressed constantly.

Good? Yes. 

Broken? No

Really all it does is effectively increase aoe weapon radius. The weapon's damage is what it is, and trinity spreads that damage across her radius, but believe me, this tactic does NOT scale into the OP levels.

Sure the tactic works in the lower/mid levels with some use in the 100s, but it's hardly as good as an actual aoe dps frame. The weapon commonly used (Sancti Castanas) isn't really that good on its own, which is what makes this tactic so unique, and in actuality, the damage scales ok, but not the best. It's not even close to miragulor levels back in 2016

So no, it's not broken or OP unless you live in hydron, stuck at level 30s. It's only popular now because it's our new flavor of the month. It's our trend because there isn't much else to use for us vets that we haven't already used, so we ride on this. Give it a few months for the actual best builds to come back and everything will be ok again.

Why the hell do people think this build is new? Oooo Ahhh bravo you managed to see someone using a build from 3 years ago, DPS Trinity was a thing since she had link and was great for dealing with T4 survivals on her own, but most new players won't know what I'm talking about cause they weren't around for warframe in its better days.

OP?? nah

Feels like a Wukong  augment build

On 4/4/2018 at 5:13 PM, aligatorno said:

It's not as lazy, but it's as brain dead as them. Cast link > Throw Castanas > Jump > Detonate > Rinse&Repeat. 

Seems more active than press 4, don't yeah think?? There is also risk

2 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

Why the hell do people think this build is new? Oooo Ahhh bravo you managed to see someone using a build from 3 years ago, DPS Trinity was a thing since she had link and was great for dealing with T4 survivals on her own, but most new players won't know what I'm talking about cause they weren't around for warframe in its better days.

You know, i miss the days of stug trinity lol

I remember when enemy damage would scale faster than health and enemies would be wrecking themselves lol

This build is nothing new. It's almost nostalgic, but the mechanics and methods are new, caused by a combo of DE's non-forethought method of buffing things and spaghetti coding. Does this mean anything? Not really

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

This build is nothing new. It's almost nostalgic, but the mechanics and methods are new, caused by a combo of DE's non-forethought method of buffing things and spaghetti coding. Does this mean anything? Not really

It does mean something.

Poor old trinity will be getting "reworks" due to that.