Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When do we get...A void damage weapon?

Riger82

Just now, Orblit said:

Better question is...when does void dmg not get effected by armor...it makes no sense.

Is it? My amp always does the same flat 16000 when I get a headshot with the charge beam scaffold. Doesn't seem to matter what I shoot, unless there's a healer ancient nearby.

1 hour ago, ssj782 said:

A void damage weapon? No plus or minus (which i guess would be a plus on its own). We can already craft amps, so why not bigger weapons?

The Void Power you use your AMPs are coming from the operator... the AMPs are like a catalyst to help the operators use their Void Energy better as a weapon of some sort to control it better...

And i Don't think these tiny operators Can channel enough Void energy to Power Big weapons... EVEN if the operators could... why should he ? just control it without the weapon if your are that powerful already ....

Seriously Big void energy powered weapons just not make any sense....

Lets NOT turn All these Void Energy and Void Lore stuff and Void Power into just Another Ammo type for the sake of future Story and lore....

Edited by Zoliru

1 hour ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

Wouldn't 'big void weapons' be called Warframes?

Pretty sure only Limbo has anything to actually do with the void. So no.

Edit: Now I want a warframe based on 'the Man in the Wall'.

Edited by ssj782

11 minutes ago, ssj782 said:

... Limbo is the Rift, which is the realm between the normal world and the void, not the void itself. All Warframes are powered by void energy... so you have a very incorrect understanding of Warframes.

2 hours ago, NSDBL said:

They're all sh*tting on you cuz the WF community is somewhat easily triggered by what they call "clickbait".

Honestly there's nothing wrong with the thread, trust me. I had to go through this myself.

Apparently all titles must be super clear and have no element of surprise otherwise forum veteran white knights will pull the general public on their side pushing you to get a forum suspension which is clearly way overboard.

On the topic though, since everyone seem to have taken your thread way out of context: I'm not entirely sure how 'Void damage' (as the base stat) would work but I'm not too sure whether it'd just be a niche for balance's sake and be mainly used in Lua missions to combat the Sentients. On the same note, I'm not too sure whether it'd be too useful except one shotting the Stalker or something since (tell me if I'm wrong) I think Void damage has a specific status proc that takes away invulnerabilities from other damage sources. It'd be a cool idea like a Void rifle where the damage is based on Void Damage and honestly I wouldn't mind it being implemented since, I'm more than sure, Void weapons would most likely be the best looking weapons in the game knowing the Void (and DE's) artstyle in general.

10/10 would like to see in-game at some point.

As far as I know, the reason for pointing this out is that people have gotten locked down threads and whatnot for deliberately doing click-bait titles, as it often takes the format of unconstructive forum post which is against the user code of conduct on the forums, and that of in of itself it is against the guidelines of user code of conduct to begin with.

Responding to the OP though, I am of the understanding that the amps and void damage is specific to the operators and as Warframes are not exactly the same, they'd be unable to utilize the Amps and Void damage format. Warframes are like remote controlled vehicles in a way. From a gameplay design perspective, how would you balance it out? Perhaps the giant arm sentient arm-cannon weapon we've been teased with for almost 2-years now has that function but is extremely limited in many other ways to balance it out. Who knows?

Edited by BETAOPTICS

7 hours ago, ssj782 said:

Imagine this, void is like electricity, and frames are like electrical equipments. An electric stove uses electric to make fire, a fan uses it to make wind, etc.

So yeah, technically all warframe are void base, limbo is just like an electric bug zapper racket, using electricity to create smaller zaps, he uses void powers to go in the rifts between.

Man in the wall frame is harrow, i guess. Or unbra (maybe, iunno yet)

4 minutes ago, Horaciozhao said:

amps are not weapons though, they are more like focus lenz, the void energy comes from the operators. I don't think even the orokins figured out a way to use void energy for weapons.

Considering they couldn't even channel or use void energy without the Tenno, this isn't surprising.  It was only when the Tenno were created that they were able to harness void energy through warframes and eventually the amps to fight back against the sentients

That's not how Void damage works. Amps only channel the Operator's energy into a more condensed, focused form, just like warframes. If warframes could wield void damage weapons it'd take away a lot from the Operator's niche, plus from a lore standpoint it's not really smart either, since powering both frame and weapon with void energy simultaneously would force the Operator to split their power, whereas now they can focus it entirely on the frame or themselves.

However, should - let's say - we ever have to choose between a gameplay state where we don't have access to the Operator *wink wink, nudge nudge* we may see some gear fulfilling that role.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

Speculation and lore aside, void weapon wouldn't make sense from gameplay perspective simply because we are supposed to do void damage in only operator mode. If the weapon is not better than the amp or is somewhat equal then why waste a primary/secondary slot on it? If its better then whats the point of getting amps? 

I'll admit, I do want to get a cannon based on the twin beams found in Junctions and use those to obliterate my opponents with the raw entropy of a dimension of energy and nothingness.

I'd spend the 15 plat to rename it to "The Wally Cannon". Rap tap tap.

Mostly though I just want Void Damage to be effective against SOMETHING. Right now, it seems pretty underpowered against everything but the Sentients.

Edited by Salenstormwing