Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

KHORA

(PSN)Croewe

21 hours ago, Hixlysss said:

Her power 2 is more like harrows power 1, but yeah I see what you mean. her 4 looked...awkward to use, I saw it go up but it did like...nothing? I think they should have just left her with the exalted whip. IMO They should have just left her as she was and released her without damage 2.5 instead of reworking her.

So release her to where everyone will only ever use one of her three forms because the damage system is inherently broken? Fun. Why even give her forms then when she'd only use one of them by 95% of the players that get her? May as well just scrap the other 2 and just give her slash form.

10 hours ago, Crousere said:

I have to agree, her 4th skill looked a bit disappointing. In my opinion there are already too many circle shaped CC abilities.

You only have a limited number of primitive shapes to use, sphere, cube, Tetrahedron, etc. Circles/spheres are the most natural and logical shapes to use.

32 minutes ago, renogaza said:

The new endgame is boring but i hope it at least has some story to it, i probably wont even bother with the peculiar mods until i reach a comfortable mastery level to goof around (i wish the old solar rails were re-implemented into a new endgame content that i can actually take seriously) i can understand why they did this, to make cephalon simaris a relevant faction once again, but it seems to be something we would breeze through in a month and ignore later, unless they do something like augment the loot drops so that we can earn some serious farm, or put better mods or arcanes, or better yet give us faction exp for cephalon simaris when doing these sanctuary onslaughts so that we can have an easier time getting exilus adapters or for new players to have an easier time unlocking the simulacrum.

It's primary purpose other than getting Khora seems to be for focus farming. Everyone hates fofcus farming, so if this makes it easier/faster, then I'm all for it. Not sure I'll use it much once my focus is maxed out, though.

I like the peculiar mods. I actually prefer Rebecca's name for them: "Odd Mods"
That name not only fits but it falls in line with the humor of the mods.

I like that Simaris will be relevant again but I worry about what we'll buy with standing.

I think everyone needs to calmdown on Khora.
We have no idea how effective her Kavat will be.
We have yet to use here ourselves, Gara turned out to be amazing. So can Khora.
Let's wait till we actually play her.

I'm worried about what they mean about changing "focus farming" though.
I do not want to be forced into Onslaught for focus.

58 minutes ago, renogaza said:

Also i just realized the real reason we got the huge nerf for ember prime was really because they don't want us using 3 world on fire embers + 1 EV trinity to basically nuke the entire sanctuary onslaught arena

This is a take straight from the surface of the sun.

1 hour ago, renogaza said:

Rant alert: Also i just realized the real reason we got the huge nerf for ember prime was really because they don't want us using 3 world on fire embers + 1 EV trinity to basically nuke the entire sanctuary onslaught arena, they should have just made it a single player hoard mode that seeks to overwhelm the player with thousands of enemies all at once, instead they nerf one of the most expensive warframes in the games history and then hide its actual platinum value by unvaulting it to saturate/crash its market so new players wouldn't know that veterans bought ember prime for over 900 platinum in the past.. sure it may just be a conspiracy theory but i don't buy the idea that they nerfed ember to prevent her from nuking new player tilesets and ruining new player experience because all it really does is make her no longer endgame viable, if they really wanted to preserve new player experience they could have buffed the earth tilesets to weaken nukers in missions by making them as strong as the weakest player in the squad

If that's true, it's good that DE has enough foresight to prevent foreseeable ability exploitation, and it's rather nice of them to not capitalize on this chance to get players to cash in for more plats.

11 hours ago, Ragingwasabi said:

i love exalted weapons, so im disappointed with this new kit. i want that exalted whip

We all do Tenno,we all do...

2 hours ago, kyori said:

I guess DE took out the whip because there is enough maiming kids out there already lol

I cant see why people are throwing the spin to win bs on the exalted whip,since none of the acolyte mods works on exalted weapons an if she ships with the whip they can and will fix her (remember Exalted Blade not having damage fall off from the energy blades?or no energy cost for the free radial blind on spin attack? - it got fixed and the only bs for me on exatlted weapons are the invencibility on valkyr's hysteria.)

If anyone claiming the exalted whip could be bs for sliding attack,it just will be fixed,period (and no I dont use whips you can just check my profile ingame lol)

5 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

I like the concept of them as well.  When they fit. It didn't really fit with khora as a summoner.  If she were to have some kind of exalted ultimate i'd picture it as her temp transforming into an animal.  or maybe summoning a bigger one to ride around on.  But the whip just is lazy.

Beastmasters are also tamers,Lion tamers from circus also uses whip,its a nice thematic.

and the whip changing aspects to fit the damage type its just so cool.

On 14/04/2018 at 6:34 PM, NeithanDiniem said:

Actually no, Maiming strike is not required for the main reasoning for using slide attack, which is large range. it IS used heavily on whips, but it isn't the underlying reason why people slide attack, its a side effect. Slide spam was widely used for whips before Maiming Strike even existed. The slide attack extends the weapon to the longest attack range as the weapon can go, compared to the combos which range from undeployed to full range throughout. So no, it doesn't matter if Maiming Strike affects exalted, the problem is slide attacks itself are better for long range weapons. Slide attacks in general also have their own damage multiplier on top of mods that is higher than normal quick attack.

Exalted blade still follows every rule that swords do, minus the waves, and slide attack still does a slide attack, it just ends in a blind. Razorwing follows all the rules of archwing right now. Ivara's Bow follows the rules of bows minus falloff when un-augmented. Claws do not grant immortality, the skill does, as the weapon is actually a unique weapon in and of itself and can get bugged on without invulnerability, and it follows all the rules of claws. Wukong's staff follows the rules of staves outside of its extension, which is inherent to him because its used elsewhere. Mesa's peacemakers are pretty much your only big one here as it doesn't work as a normal pair of dual pistols at all, it is only ever used during aimbot. So no, your point proved nothing more than ONE of the skills is distinctly inconsistent.

If you remove the range of the whip, you remove the point of using it over a normal whip because the range IS the main advantage whips provide. Range will cause slide spam because that IS the most powerful way to use a whip because of the foundational aspect of how DE does slide attack in general. Since it is a Warframe power, it is either inheriting range mods from the frame, or it is pulling from the equipped melee weapon. We have very good range mods for melee, and range for frames is also quite large. So either it has a set unchanging range, or it is modable. Either way though, if it is a whip, it would need decent range on it inherently, which would cause the use of slide attack spam for the speed and reach it provides. Combos simply cant manage to keep up because so many combo attacks reduce player forward momentum and don't use the full reach of the weapon.

So with this argument you're telling that an Exalted Whip would render Peacemaker useless?

No need to fear this Exalted Whip,remember the time when exalted blade had no damage fall off from energy blades on Exalted Blade? or the spin abuse for the free radial blind without energy costs? - yea DE patched it,fixed an overpowered skill.

I just cant understand people hating on this ability,if [insert any stuff here] is being abused in-game it will be fixed through feedback.

They can simply cap slide attacks to 10m-14m or less even with range mods,I just want the added damage from combos fo that added DPS and I think it would have arcing combos for that sweet AOE attacks so anyone knows combos>sustained damage.

Seriously,take a step back and look at the situation,no ability was created for being abused or uterly OP - everything can be patched (Telos Boltace).

With so many threads appearing here and there whith people asking for the whip,DE *might* consider it and doing it right ofc not overpowered.

and yes I too want this whip :D

Edited by Arkanno
some funny typos

2 minutes ago, Arkanno said:

So with this argument you're telling that an Exalted Whip would render Peacemaker useless?

No, I am not, Man you are making completely left field tangent assumptions here.

I'm in no way saying it would be overpowered. I have never said that once here. I personally see no benefit for it. And yes people are asking for an exalted weapon. People ask for an exalted weapon for every new frame that is shown. It isn't something unique anymore, and not every frame needs one.

Capping slide range would undermine the whip class. You may as well give her a sword for what its worth.

14 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Her 3rd summons a metal cat. Bit odd animal to summon considering her theme, would've preferred it to be a spiderlike summon, but I can see why that's a bad idea (people with Arachnophobia), so I don't mind. At least, being a spider-esque frame, having a summon is at least very fitting.

i would very much be interested in a summoned spider pet, rather than the cat or dog.  It would be something different and could also behave differently.  Maybe it could have been a pet you can position in areas similar to Loki's decoy, except it can attach to walls and ceilings while laying traps.  More could have been done with the whip if the devs used a bit more imagination, but... oh well.

I couldn't care less about exalted weapons. I find them boring.

That aside, I'm not sold on her current 4th either. It just looks way too unreliable from the devstream gameplay. Enemies had too much freedom to just do what they wanted because of how large the gaps in the "dome" were.

18 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Could not care less. Her thing was always her Kavat for me, so nothing really has changed. I would really love to know why people got so attached to yet another exalted weapon.

Mostly because it allows you to have two different weapons with the same mods, allowing you to change it up mid-mission.

Also the fact that most Exalted Melee have something special about them that makes them good, like Excal's waves or Valkyr's immunity and life steal.

Personally, I'm not so much upset about losing an Exalted Melee so much as gaining what looks like a very situational and less effective version of Vauban's Bastille disguised as Harrow's Condem as a 4th ability. I mean, I know that what was shown on the Dev build is not a guaranteed match to what will ship, but I saw a lot of enemies walking into the area that this CC was supposed to protect, and the damage looked so pathetic as to be an afterthought. It just doesn't feel like a 4th ability. Maybe if they give it a low energy cost and allow multiple instances then you might be able to spam it until it can actually do it's job (like Nekros' Terrify or Frost's Snow Globe), but otherwise it is going to be a very 'meh' ability in what looks to be an otherwise useful and well-balanced kit.

I would be fine with a lot of other things, or major improvements to the proposed 4th, instead of the Exalted Whip.

Though I would really like that whip.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Could not care less. Her thing was always her Kavat for me, so nothing really has changed. I would really love to know why people got so attached to yet another exalted weapon.

This. Korah was always cat lady to me so I really don't care about her exalted weapon being taken away

i probably would have ignored her 4th if it was an exalted whip,if its not a gunblade or a gun i don't give it much of a look, give me a frame with an exalted gunblade and we will talk.

that aside im still intrested in if we will still be able to mod out her summonable kavat or not like they had hinted at back when they first introduced her.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Because Whip memeing strike slide E spam