The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

KHORA

(PSN)Croewe

12 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

~the gimmick of switching damage type was a flop of an idea.  Would never need to swap off the best damage type.

Agreed. I loved the idea of it, but realistically no one would ever use anything but slash...

11 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

if i never see another exalted mode ill be happy honestly.

This.

Exalted weapons are boring. If they were more creative and not just a new way to deal damage then more of the community might be excited about them.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

13 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

vs titania where you'd have no real reason to use any of her abilities in razor wing.  since tribute is trash.

Sir, you have no reason to use her other abilities in razorwing because you slotted Narrow Minded. Her 1 and 3 are both extremely potent CC.
And Dust is actually extremely good and sustainable, since you can't swing a dead kavat without hitting an enemy that'll offer it (literally any non-heavy that isn't melee-only). It's the rest of Tribute that is trash.

Not to say Titania doesn't need help, she's the most reliant on premium builds (a r4 Energize is all but required for Blitz), and most people slot Narrow Minded because you generally *don't* need her 1/3 for anything other than stacking blitz- which you do by self-casting 1 next to a wall/floor/ceiling. DE's original intent was likely that Razorwing was something you flit in and out of, but then they gave you these ludicrous cast times and completely missed that flitting about *in* Razorwing (especially when it's the new Blitzwing) is a lot of fun.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

I will hold off on most of my salt until she's released, but I cannot tell you how much I'm frothing at the mouth that this frame comes with a giant kavat, and the kavat doesnt seem to take an active part in but ONE of her abilities. 

Instead of a whip or in-tandem with it, she could have made the Kavat "Sonic Roll" and explode.

Could've made the Kavat "pinball or pounce" between enemies inside the dome.

Just....yeah...

24 minutes ago, TheBlueJelly said:

Sir, you have no reason to use her other abilities in razorwing because you slotted Narrow Minded. Her 1 and 3 are both extremely potent CC.
And Dust is actually extremely good and sustainable, since you can't swing a dead kavat without hitting an enemy that'll offer it (literally any non-heavy that isn't melee-only). It's the rest of Tribute that is trash.

Not to say Titania doesn't need help, she's the most reliant on premium builds (a r4 Energize is all but required for Blitz), and most people slot Narrow Minded because you generally *don't* need her 1/3 for anything other than stacking blitz- which you do by self-casting 1 next to a wall/floor/ceiling. DE's original intent was likely that Razorwing was something you flit in and out of, but then they gave you these ludicrous cast times and completely missed that flitting about *in* Razorwing (especially when it's the new Blitzwing) is a lot of fun.

Her 1 is good for status cleansing yes.  But you don't really use it in her 4.  And lantern is also nice.  But due to it's physics it's hard to reliably cc with it.  and you also wouldn't really use it in her 4.  and yeah I know dust is nice.  My point wasn't that titania overall is trash.  But that razor wing over shadows the rest of the kit.  Which is my issue with exalted weapons.  Even exalibur has this issue even though radial blind and slash dash are both good abilities.  only exalted weapon on a frame that doesn't do this imo is ivara.

Well, with the new Announcement it seems like Khora's going to, much to my dismay, be shipped with her new abilities. I really hope in the future she'll be reworked alongside Damage 3.0, whenever that rolls around. It's a real shame to see a frame like this with so much potential just thrown away. Again I understand the reasoning. A frame like that would be very difficult to balance with the way damage works currently. However the weapons seem interesting, mainly the Secondary, Hystrix. That High Crit chance is going to be fun to mess around with, alongside the main damage being Puncture. And then of course the new Zaw parts, those are always good to have. Anyways, I think we can all agree that Khora is a rather underwhelming frame, sadly, but we can only hope to see where DE will take her in the future. (She is a VERY pretty frame, too, same for her weapons and Syandana, though it seems like they're still based around the fact that she should be able to change Physical Damage types, hopefully that's saying it'll get changed, who knows)

1 hour ago, CannyCanne said:

Well, with the new Announcement it seems like Khora's going to, much to my dismay, be shipped with her new abilities. I really hope in the future she'll be reworked alongside Damage 3.0, whenever that rolls around. It's a real shame to see a frame like this with so much potential just thrown away. Again I understand the reasoning. A frame like that would be very difficult to balance with the way damage works currently. However the weapons seem interesting, mainly the Secondary, Hystrix. That High Crit chance is going to be fun to mess around with, alongside the main damage being Puncture. And then of course the new Zaw parts, those are always good to have. Anyways, I think we can all agree that Khora is a rather underwhelming frame, sadly, but we can only hope to see where DE will take her in the future. (She is a VERY pretty frame, too, same for her weapons and Syandana, though it seems like they're still based around the fact that she should be able to change Physical Damage types, hopefully that's saying it'll get changed, who knows)

Yea I really hope she gets the exalted weapon on rework but its unlikely - would be nice if they did a tap 4 to exalted whip and hold 4 to strangledome (her whip become the dome).

Damn how I'm sad with this warframe,still gonna buy her bundle,but still,she was so much more and now...doesnt feel that appealing anymore

For the months since her reveal she was the Whip using Kitty lady and that's how she was advertised as well... Her Kavat and her Exalted Whip were the 2 HUGE cornerstones of her Character, her Kit, Her Design and most definitely her HYPE.
Then after all that just Weeks before her Release we're told that one of those cornerstones would be replaced with a wannabe Bastille as her Ult.
Khora's Ult Strangle Dome ... It looks like a 3rd power not a 4~
But I feel like we were hyped up and then bait and switched with her powers... like if Excal was Advertised with Exalted Blade and then days before release he was given super jump as his Ult... extreme comparison I know but that's how it feels ~
We don't want a Re-Skinned Bastille for her and Sure in the heck not for her Ult ... We want what we feel in love with her for in the first place back !!!
#WeWantKhorasWhipBack

Edited by Dragonofdarkness13
added text

8 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

advertised

Where?

9 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

But I feel like we were hyped up and then bait and switched with her powers

If there was no mention before her release, then sure. She isn't out yet and nobody has been given something they weren't expecting. Dial back the attitude for such an unreasonable request.

10 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

We want what we feel in love with her for in the first place back !!!

Don't speak for those of us who could not care less about another bloody Exalted weapon and are perfectly happy with her Kavat.

Yeah right give her the whip back, what is a good bondage frame worth without a good whip? (Yeah im trolling...)

Why not just give her the whip as melee and its all good? Then you got all her skills AND a whip (they then only need to give her a passive for Whip damage and speed and that would be even far better then a casted whip right?)

If anyone who reads this post feels like Dragonofdarkness13 and me, please give this topic a bit of light and divulgation: we keep getting Warframes whose abilities possess both offensive and defensive / CC capabilities. Khora has been portrayed, during Devstream, as a powerhouse focused on giving pressure to the enemies by relentlessy attack them. 

She was not meant to CC and she by no means should possess abilities that other Warframes already have.

As said before, her 4th is basically a reskinned Bastille, but how many Waframes got in their arsenals mass CC abilities?

Regardless of how you build them, one their 3rd or 4th are used to keep entire rooms at bay. 

We want what they first told us: Exalted Whip as her ultimate ability. Either that or they stop to tell us something and entirely change it few days before the release.

#WeWantKhorasWhipBack

1 minute ago, Dark_RRiderr said:

That, is actually a very good point...

Everything was mentioned during Devstream 100. They didn't show the Exalted Whip, but they clearly talked about it. We only saw her 1st and her changing modes (Puncture, Slash, Impact), her 2nd, and Venari, the Kavat from 3rd ability.

22 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

We don't want a Re-Skinned Bastille for her and Sure in the heck not for her Ult ... 

Technically, you can say the same thing for an Exalted whip.

If you think Khora's "Stangledome" is reskinned Bastille, what would make her exalted whip not another reskinned Exalted Melee weapon?

1 minute ago, (PS4)abb12355 said:

If you think Khora's "Stangledome" is reskinned Bastille, what would make her exalted whip not another reskinned Exalted Melee weapon?

The Exalted Whip should have its own unique stance and should have something more like:

Excalibur's Exalted Blade shoots waves of energy and Slide Attacks blind enemies + own stance.

Ivara's (Atermis Bow) Exalted Bow has innate Multishot with 7 arrows that you can shoot either horizontally or vertically.

Wukong's (Primal Fury) Exalted Bo gains range up to 200% for each hit + own stance.

Strangledome (A 4th ability) Will do the same thing as Bastille (A 3rd ability): keep enemies in the air. Only difference is that one uses chains, the other uses a containment field

I'll take Strangle Dome over another Exalted Weapon. More than likely, she's probably going to be kind of squishy and I'd rather have CC to give the cat a chance to heal me than yet another blase Exalted Weapon.

33 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Where?

If there was no mention before her release, then sure. She isn't out yet and nobody has been given something they weren't expecting. Dial back the attitude for such an unreasonable request.

Don't speak for those of us who could not care less about another bloody Exalted weapon and are perfectly happy with her Kavat.

DevStream~

I knew someone was going to make that attempt in saying that she isn't released so nothing has been taken ... Yes is has ... they GAVE HER the Exalted Whip, they GAVE US looking forward to the Whip ... they TOOK HER WHIP and thus took OUR reason to look forward to her.

I'm not Speaking for EVERYONE... I'm Speaking for Everyone that was looking forward to Her Exalted Whip ... if you don't care one way or the other ... than what was the point of even saying that ?

36 minutes ago, Shry0b said:

If anyone who reads this post feels like Dragonofdarkness13 and me, please give this topic a bit of light and divulgation: we keep getting Warframes whose abilities possess both offensive and defensive / CC capabilities. Khora has been portrayed, during Devstream, as a powerhouse focused on giving pressure to the enemies by relentlessy attack them. 

She was not meant to CC and she by no means should possess abilities that other Warframes already have.

As said before, her 4th is basically a reskinned Bastille, but how many Waframes got in their arsenals mass CC abilities?

Regardless of how you build them, one their 3rd or 4th are used to keep entire rooms at bay. 

We want what they first told us: Exalted Whip as her ultimate ability. Either that or they stop to tell us something and entirely change it few days before the release.

#WeWantKhorasWhipBack

^^^ This exactly !

23 minutes ago, (PS4)abb12355 said:

Does the Exalted Sword share anything other than that of being a sword with any one handed swords ?
Or Valkyr's Claws with Claw Melees ?
Or Wukong's Staff ?
Ivara's Bow ?
Mesa's Peacemakers ?
none of them Function the same as the weapon types they are based from

9 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

All the melee users do. My question was what it is that makes the guy think Valkyr is more exalted than the others.

Depends how long you've playing I guess, but Valkyr was the first to have a unique weapon accessible via a power. Although they're referred to as exalted weapons now, Excaliburs Exalted Blade actually came after Hysteria as part of a rework. Maybe that's what they're referring to?

spider thread frame ...im ok with it, she still has a whip in 1 

and has nice cc capabilities with 2 & 4

3 is a kavat that can heal and is more companion like

is a good kit ._ . 

sure we dont get exalted whip , or damage changing powers

but think this might be related to damage changes not yet implemented, so maybe then we alt damage frame ?