Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are we really ready for a limbo prime?

18 hours ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

Chroma is being primed first, mark my words. All these limbo threads are gonna make DE change the order due to popular demand for Chroma. 

the only time popular demand has any effect on the order is during the christmas holiday. If you're not aware, it's currently april

19 hours ago, Bobtm said:

More attention being put starkly on how poorly his mechanics currently mesh with squad-based play is unfortunately the best thing we could ask for.  It'll likely expedite any changes that could occur and hopefully fix his tragic mess of a kit.

Pretty sure being able to permanently be in the 'void' and still being able to res teammates why taking no damage is pretty good for team play. 

Or the fact his dome give energy regen for anyone in it.

He is perfectly fine for team play. The problem is people don't know how to play as a team, as they are unwilling to compromise to compensate for Libo, and would rather blame the people playing them than learn how to play with a limbo. 

31 minutes ago, Jim22 said:

why is every so scared of limbo prime. all thats happening to him is hes going to be a prime with the same kit.

It will make him popular for a couple of months, everyone using/leveling his Prime everywhere.

Limbo currently has the strongest CC, having litetally no limits to it except... stupid players. There's nothing worse than having a heavily Forma'd build, one that is SECOND TO NONE, be obstructed because someone thinks Limbo is bad so they keep breaking Stasis. There's seriously no Warframe that even remotely touches Limbo's ability to CC. Not even old Booben.

Want to completely trivialize any and all content in the entire game, forever with endless scaling, that involves defending? If yes, be Limbo.

Want to be frustrated by the fact that most specialized Limbos are built and experienced around defending and get their one and only intent destroyed because some kids don't want to learn how to roll or melee? Be Limbo.

Hell, I roll Limbo in almost everything and often don't even use abilities. Getting called a troll with zero ability use and more melee kills than at least two other team mates conbined? Precious. So, so precious, especially in Sortie 3s. Limbo isn't the problem; players are.

The bottom line is that this is the strongest Limbo has ever been and ever will be. If they allow Stasis to let allies shoot, I will eat my words and gift a Limbo to three random people.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)ToastyFairy01 said:

Limbo currently has the strongest CC, having litetally no limits to it except... stupid players. There's nothing worse than having a heavily Forma'd build, one that is SECOND TO NONE, be obstructed because someone thinks Limbo is bad so they keep breaking Stasis. There's seriously no Warframe that even remotely touches Limbo's ability to CC. Not even old Booben.

Want to completely trivialize any and all content in the entire game, forever with endless scaling, that involves defending? If yes, be Limbo.

Want to be frustrated by the fact that most specialized Limbos are built and experienced around defending and get their one and only intent destroyed because some kids don't want to learn how to roll or melee? Be Limbo.

Hell, I roll Limbo in almost everything and often don't even use abilities. Getting called a troll with zero ability use and more melee kills than at least two other team mates conbined? Precious. So, so precious, especially in Sortie 3s. Limbo isn't the problem; players are.

The bottom line is that this is the strongest Limbo has ever been and ever will be. If they allow Stasis to let allies shoot, I will eat my words and gift a Limbo to three random people.

Or, hear me out now, people break stasis because they also want to use their heavily formaed primaries and secondaries because(Now take a seat because it might be shocker) not everyone enjoys using bloody melee. Those people have just as much right to use their heavily formaed primaries/secondaries as well. Limbo stripping them of that power is annoying, but luckily we can pop stasis quite easy. Before you mention wasting ammo, I use the cycron now after the energy weapon buff, so I am not too worried about ammo wastage. :)

Limbo is not a problem, everyone who hates him for no reason is a problem though. Name a problem you have with Limbo and I can tell you why it's not a problem. I've never seen a Limbo troll my or my team. The worst I've ever seen was a Limbo enter the rift at the start of Hydron and never moving for the rest of the mission. Caused additional enemies to spawn and contributed nothing but didn't really negatively effect us in any way. I have seen tons of players bring Limbo to sorties for spy or defense or mobile defense and it makes the mission a breeze. They can walk through lasers in spy mission like they aren't even there. Enemies literally cannot damage the defense target. If someone gets downed we have an immortal rezzer at any time. I cannot understand why people hate Limbo so much. Maybe if you joined a public game and decided to run a 2 hour survival in that public squad and the Limbo just froze everything and you got tired of meleeing, I could see that being annoying, but then you shouldn't join a public squad for a 2 hour survival. Any public squad you join you'll be done and out of the mission in 5-10 minutes. What's the worst a Limbo can do? Create a zone where you can't shoot and also can't be damaged at all? For a few minutes of a single mission? And you hate the entire frame for that?

10 minutes ago, Get_Singed said:

Limbo is not a problem, everyone who hates him for no reason is a problem though. Name a problem you have with Limbo and I can tell you why it's not a problem. I've never seen a Limbo troll my or my team. The worst I've ever seen was a Limbo enter the rift at the start of Hydron and never moving for the rest of the mission. Caused additional enemies to spawn and contributed nothing but didn't really negatively effect us in any way. I have seen tons of players bring Limbo to sorties for spy or defense or mobile defense and it makes the mission a breeze. They can walk through lasers in spy mission like they aren't even there. Enemies literally cannot damage the defense target. If someone gets downed we have an immortal rezzer at any time. I cannot understand why people hate Limbo so much. Maybe if you joined a public game and decided to run a 2 hour survival in that public squad and the Limbo just froze everything and you got tired of meleeing, I could see that being annoying, but then you shouldn't join a public squad for a 2 hour survival. Any public squad you join you'll be done and out of the mission in 5-10 minutes. What's the worst a Limbo can do? Create a zone where you can't shoot and also can't be damaged at all? For a few minutes of a single mission? And you hate the entire frame for that?

Yes, that is reason enough to hate him. Being forced to go melee is something a lot of players hate because one frame dictating how you should play is annoying. It takes the power away from everyone else. There is no alternative way to play with Limbo's powers. It plays Limbos way or nothing else compared to other frames powers. You can still kill things how you want with Loki's disarm, Mesa's shooting gallery, Nova's m prime, Rhino's stomp, etc. Those powers don't restrict shooting your targets. Frost's Snowglobe can still be shot out of as well.

Edited by (PS4)Jaztok

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Jaztok said:

Yes, that is reason enough to hate him. Being forced to go melee is something a lot of players hate because one frame dictating how you should play is annoying. It takes the power away from everyone else. There is no alternative way to play with Limbo's powers. It plays Limbos way or nothing else compared to other frames powers. You can still kill things how you want with Loki's disarm, Mesa's shooting gallery, Nova's m prime, Rhino's stomp, etc. Those powers don't restrict shooting your targets. Frost's Snowglobe can still be shot out of as well.

Guess you don't know how to walk out of a bubble then? If you're complaining about not being able to shoot things in Limbo's bubble, why not complain about no enemies being alive to shoot if there's a Mesa on your team? Or a Banshee? Or anyone with a Maiming Strike Atterax? Or someone who gets to the Capture target before you and takes them down and captures them and boohoo you didn't get to shoot them.

How about the players who love playing melee, but can't do it really if there's a Vauban or Frost or Mesa or Banshee on their team, because everything is kept out of your melee range and shot to death before the player can melee them?

If you're really immature enough to hate an entire frame because very rarely every so often in a mission there's a LIMITED AREA where you can't shoot bullets, YOU are the problem. Not the frame. He's not removing the entire squad's ability to shoot across the entire map. Get over it. Or do you have a problem with Sortie weapon limitations too?

2 minutes ago, Get_Singed said:

Guess you don't know how to walk out of a bubble then? If you're complaining about not being able to shoot things in Limbo's bubble, why not complain about no enemies being alive to shoot if there's a Mesa on your team? Or a Banshee? Or anyone with a Maiming Strike Atterax? Or someone who gets to the Capture target before you and takes them down and captures them and boohoo you didn't get to shoot them.

How about the players who love playing melee, but can't do it really if there's a Vauban or Frost or Mesa or Banshee on their team, because everything is kept out of your melee range and shot to death before the player can melee them?

If you're really immature enough to hate an entire frame because very rarely every so often in a mission there's a LIMITED AREA where you can't shoot bullets, YOU are the problem. Not the frame. He's not removing the entire squad's ability to shoot across the entire map. Get over it. Or do you have a problem with Sortie weapon limitations too?

Depends on the bubble size, and normally I am out of killing things before they even reach the bubble. If it's a max range cataclysm, I would then break the stasis because I don't like it. Generally though, I stay out of the bubble if I can avoid it. Most of the mesa's I have run into don't spam peacemaker. Most of them just use shooting gallery and the other ability using peacemaker when only they have too. Quake banshees annoy me, but they are useful with the sonar. Meme Strikers also annoy me, but that can be used on any frame. I don't care if someone gets the capture before. I only care if I shoot generally in any other mission minus spy of course.

I see melee players take tons of kills all the time though even with the frames you mentioned. I am not just talking about Memeing strike players either.

We clearly have a different definition of the word immature because hating a frame doesn't make one immature. It just means you really don't like that frame. Liking everything is not a sign of maturity. Small scale bubbles are fine like I said. I have a problem with the giant ones. I am not the problem because I am not the only person who has issues with his tool kit, so how about you get over the fact not everyone likes him? That get over it goes both ways. :)

1 hour ago, Get_Singed said:

Everyone has a right to like or dislike a frame regardless of anyone else's opinions. I don't think it's very constructive to tell someone who doesn't like a Warframe that they, as a player, are the problem. It's personal preference. Just leave it at that. 

• 1 month later...

I read a lot of threads about limbo, on this forum or elsewhere, and the most frequent argument is, "he forces players to use melee"
what ? '-' no he doesn't..  To use melee is the first.. reflex yes, but you can.. prepare nice heashots, put just the right quantity of ammo per ennemies and go on the next,
and when statis end, all is dead 😄

Anyway, for me, a good limbo, knows what he does, when he send target in the rift, he has a plan.. hopefully ^^'
And when he stops time, he pays attention to what does his team, to know when to release time. With some duration a limbo has 40-50-maybe 60 sec of stasis and cataclysm, of course in less than 20sec all ennemies are dead by melee or with projectile coming at them..

A bad limbo, can do.. 2,4,3,4 '-' and all ennemies are trap in the rift, alone with limbo xD
But that, is also a good maneuver if the limbo want plenty of ennemies to play with, without the cataclysm, but, the limbo has the responsability to kill them all, quickly, or invite players with a banish or a portal.

Or.. 2,4,let time pass.. 4 '-' ( ennemies out of the rift, bullets inside, even if they resume, they will hurt nothing xD )

Personnaly in public group, i use my 4 for nuke sometimes, on the most populated aera ( ennemy radar helps ), otherwise, i mostly use him outside of the rift, with a good weapon, and I enter the rift just to approch safely big targets, like nox, that i capture with a "proximity banish" with time stopped..
I use 2-4 only if i see that the team is in danger, ( 2 downed for exemple ).

seriously, don't let the players who discover him, or use him badly, give you bad opinion on him. It would be a shame if that perfect gameplay be ruined by complains due to bad encounter, whereas players who understand him are really usefull in team, like his design wants it.

• 4 weeks later...

Limbo is not a "Troll" Warframe, he is a Revenge Warframe. He is seeking out his vengeance in honor of recent Ember Nerf. While Equanox, Mag, Nyx, Nova, Saryn, and a few others can clear out entire tile sets. Ember... poor poor Ember was left in the dust, her world on fire is more like a city block on fire. Sure, she "does more damage" uh huh. Limbo the only Warframe that can protest is out, and protesting this atrocity.  Stand Proud Limbo, and continue making your statement that Ember shouldn't have City Block on Fire, but one day may return to World on Fire and Light it up with the entire force of fire, spreading to all corners of the map, without holding back. 

Edited by L7Viper