The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

But still you get annoying host migration, and team up to players that are in migration process NO, this is simple and team friendly solution or we all play or we end .

You want to play 60 zones make invite only be a host and invite players that know how long you want to play.

absolutely love it, haven't even had any crashes either (bonus!).

the only things i can think that i would like to see changed are some changes to efficiency gain/loss for solo players, and a visual indicator for the penalty that gets applied if you overuse warframe powers (like a meter that fills up or something)

In fact, i would love to see some more implementations of this "room by room" system... Boss rush, anyone?

10 hours ago, YpsitheFlintsider said:

That would be great except for most bosses have some sort of gate with different stages to the fight.

Just having the ones with no invincibility stages are fine. Lech Krill and Sargas might be a stretch but I wouldn't mind having them in the list of bosses to fight. Bosses like Raptor or Kela de Thaym can be left out since they have certain conditions you gotta fulfill before you can damage them.

20 hours ago, Toran said:

2. Efficiency: yay! more Metaframes. AOE galore.

The more I play Onslaught, the more I feel compelled to agree that this is a fatal flaw in the entire concept.
Pretty much every public game I've joined has left me without rewards due to a host migration, but up until then all I saw was CheeseFrame at its very worst. If Simaris turns off ultimate-spam, people spam Memeing Strike till the cooldown is over. 

So do I. The game mode openly encourages this and nothing else. Given that we can lose a great deal of 'efficiency' simply due to getting a tileset with bad/buggy/slow spawns it's just as well to hoard the bloody stuff and keep it as near max as possible specifically to avoid a bad RNG roll ending the run prematurely.
This is especially true in solo, currently the only viable way to play Onslaught. If I kill 10 enemies in a single sweep of my shamefully Meme-modded Atterax and still only delay the downward count by a single second, there's a very real problem with how efficiency is implemented. 
That however, is not the real problem. 

Efficiency needs to be tweaked, removed or replaced. Right now it does nothing but display and indeed enforce the most depressing aspects of Warframe.  

No, you're not the only one. I think the people going around acting like it's the worst thing ever might just be exaggerating a bit.

Obviously it's got bugs, but that's nothing new. It's a fun mode that needs variety.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Cant really play it for now due to the crashes and the bugs but that is to be expected in a new update. Gonna have to wait at least a week for all of it to patch up.

What I don't understand is the reward table. 300 Endo? Lith relics? Its flooded with useless rewards. I thought this was supposed to be some form of end game. It doesn't even scale with the number of waves you're going through. I wish rewards would scale more in Warframe. Only then would it be worth going deeper into rotations. 

As for Khora, very lackluster in terms of her skill set. And the absence of a quest for her makes me kinda sad. No lore no story just BAM there she is in the onslaught.  

btw thanks for the Dual Keres. If its one thing we lack in the arsenal, its dual swords. wE hAvE sO fEw Of ThEm :p

I love this game. But overall, very disappointing update. Don't let me down Umbra!

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

The mode is really fun to play, but the efficiency drop is ridiculous, and it is unrewarding as hell. Still fun to play though, but who knows how long the fun factor alone will keep it alive.

i dunno, if you are like me who has been neglecting their focus trees, being able to reach max daily standing in a few runs is very useful

1 minute ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

i dunno, if you are like me who has been neglecting their focus trees, being able to reach max daily standing in a few runs is very useful

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the focus. I need new eidolon lenses though, cause I've been done with Zenurik for a while now through passive gameplay.

It's like the Sanctuary is Hell, Simaris is half Satan and half Dr. Mengele, and I'm the guy who put hundreds of people in there, now going in with a pitchfork to kill them over and over again. It feels TERRIBLE and I've never been less sure the Tenno are the good guys here.

I know they're just pixel men and I'm already over it, but adding this was a bad idea. There had better be a real good, tangible justification for why Simaris needs this data. Have the Lotus squeeze it out of him when she comes back. Or just delete him.

I dont understand why we are only rewarded every 2 zones. Why is endo in the drop table. You'd think people who are doing this gamemode with lv100+ enemies would have tons of endo.

Either increase the drop rates of rare items by removing endo and some of the relics or we should be rewarded for every zone.

13 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

It. Functions. Exactly. Like. Survival. Extraction.

NO. It. Does. Not.

Survival = After 5 minutes, go to extract anytime you want. Rewards keep coming every 5 minutes, does mot depend on your "confirmation" of choosing to play the next 5 minutes.

Defense/Interception = Gives you rewards every 5 waves/1 round and asks if you want to continue to the next round.

Onslaught = Gives you rewards every 2 Zones and asks if you want to go to the next zone.

Survival and Excavation work similarly as in both the modes, you are free to go whenever you want.

Onslaught is VERY CLEARLY similar to Defense, when you have to complete a fixed number of waves/zones to get to decide if you want to continue to the next wave/zone.

OP is right, if what OP says is true, it is indeed an oversight, a terrible one at that.

I also find it funny how arrogant you sound in all your posts all the while trying to prove something that is wrong.

16 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

No, you're not the only one. I think the people going around acting like it's the worst thing ever might just be exaggerating a bit.

Obviously it's got bugs, but that's nothing new. It's a fun mode that needs variety.

"fun mode that needs variety" wasn't this gamemode made to create more variety in warframe..

3 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Nah, they deserved it.

Donno, if the hell he described would actually happen (even though it's not exactly like that), I don't think some random foot soldiers that just follow orders "deserve" something like that. If anything, their leaders would.

Edited by -N7-Leonhart

if you enjoy endless loading after host has crashed, game tries to redo the party but cannot and you spend at least 1 minute on loading and finally being forced to end the game without any rewards then you are one and probably only one who enjoy this

11 hours ago, That1Cactus said:

it's called an update being bugged and de trying to fix it. i'm certain the console players are thankful we're testing this out so that it *doesn't* cause problems anymore

Console players honestly don't care. The console thing is such a cringe thing to say because very few developers allow themselves to hype up and release broken updates. It's nothing modern gamers should feel thankful about, no matter the platform.

I have a PC and PS4 and games like Fortnite are setting a standard that will be hard to dismiss. If DE wants to keep releasing broken messy updates they are risking their reputation every time. I certainly expected more from them when they made it look like they had been preparing content for months.

Cephalon Simaris never was an example of good

in fact, including the players (Tenno), there's no character on warframe totally good or bad, even Hunhow isn't an prime example of evil, since its just searching for revenge because of the conditions Orokin brought to them (the flaw, the fact they was put there for the future Orokin's arrival...), and still, he won't do anything bad to its daughter

the main objective of Simaris is basically create an sanctuary with every data of living being analyzed, which includes normal behavior, on pressure... he never cared about morals or ethics, in fact, he doesn't care about personal space or what others think about his methods, since he knows he is resourceful and his acts don't go against the existence of his Sanctuary

even if you hate it, you need him on some cases, like the tools needed on Harrow's quest, the almost completely guide (and little fix for Ordis) on Chroma's quest and the help to put you on Suda's data landscape on her quest

and likewise, even if you like Darvo, he literally baited you to fight Stalker on specific alert, few years ago, because he couldn't do his business with him tailing for months after certain "joke" event (he sold discounted Stalker's stuff)

Edited by Zeyez
Even the darkest shadow require an light source to exist... or it won't be an shadow anymore

9 hours ago, Gandergear said:

lore wise it doesn't make sense that simaris wants us to fight 'efficiently' and then turns off abilities

we get endo as a reward, and relics and weapon parts.

from simaris and not from enemys as a drop , also simaris in controle of hes datascape so he can do to us what ever he wants just like for hes speciments while we are in