The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: General Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

2 hours ago, Renarde-Louve said:

Is it only me or they made reward even worst than what they were already.
I mean, before update, we had a change to get all Khora part on Elite while farming for vandal weapons, but now we got to farm BP on normal

they replace the BP with relics...so we are still sutck while same low drop rates...

Now, if you get the BP and all parts. Those items became the same as credit caches.

Its better to have all Era Relics there, they will be Radiant for pete's sake! Radiant Axi Relics, we will always need Relics, we will only need each Khora Blueprint ONCE.

For me this is not one of the best updates.. sorry.

Onslaught "could" be fun but effiency is way off on some levels, we get no resources from this, credit rewards are meager, rest of rewards i can get elsewhere like relics, ,dont care about scenes, so after getting Khora and Braton i won´t go there ever again.

What happened with normal onslaught? The post indicated by the hotfix and DE_Rebecca states it only affected elite onslaught, but I was helping a friend earlier and we struggled to get past wave 6 whereas we were consistently hitting 10+ prior to the patch.

There's two things I felt noticeable post patch:

1. Enemies were substantially harder to kill. I suspect the whole enemy HP/level thing was affected in both elite and normal onslaught, despite the patch notes indicating this was only an issue with elite. Perhaps it was an error and they buffed normal onslaught enemies as well...or perhaps normal onslaught enemies were too weak prior to the patch.

2. Eximus and Ancients. Holy hell. Did you guys quadruple the spawn rate after the patch? I'm okay with the whole 'resetting total energy' ordeal per portal, as one energizing dash or a couple energy orbs tend to fix that issue but now they're draining so fast I can hardly use even my cheapest ability (and this is with an efficiency build, mind you).

With these being said, my friend was not exactly super geared and I can't admit that I am either. I'm doing okay for someone whose played on and off since 2013--have almost all of the normal frames and most of the prime friends, have most of the corrupted mods, etc. etc. Lacking in the primed mod department, and that's definitely hurting me the most since I'm at the mercy of Baro's stock whenever he comes around (at least until Tennocon key is active). Also missed out on the stalker event back in December, so that doesn't exactly help things.

TL:DR with double caster frames and a strong melee/gun, we were able to take down enemies up to 7/8 with one or two casts. Not quite so anymore. Intended or not? Really confused by the patch notes since it didn't exactly state that normal onslaught enemies were undertuned. If they were, that's fine--we'll re-adjust, but it's an accidental buff then it needs to be looked into.

Its a game mode that makes weapons practically worthless, not including spin to win but I don't consider that gameplay. You rely on frames that are completely AoE damage dealers with a Saryn to proc viral. With recent updates you are even more reliant on this cheese setup.

If you want to get beyond level 6 on normal mode consistently solo you use Volt, push 4 wait 5 secs and push 4 again. It's either incredibly frustrating or mind-numbingly boring due to the inherent need to cheese. If something is challenging AND rewarding it is fun.

Anything worth getting is locked behind an incredibly inconsistent elite mode where now instead of being reasonably killable they are 20% energy drainers that one shot moderately tanky frames the second you jump in. The grineer are back to heavily armored bullet sinks but now seem to be 30-50% heavy units. I mean I am pretty decent at head shots but its unrealistic to head shot 30 units one at a time, tank those 30 units and kill them 10 per second just to keep the efficiency from dropping like a meteor. As such there is no point bringing rifles bar perhaps a decent rivened supra.

It is fixable.

• Add a % of efficiency at the end of the level depending on the efficiency rating. C - 10% B - 20 A - 30 S - 40% (or whatever just explaining concept).
  • Add efficiency depending on the killing method. Rifle = more efficiency than an AoE skill that kills the map.(Again explaining concept)
  • Heavily armored enemies gain more efficiency.        

If the enemies are this difficult the rewards need to be every level. Even if the time for each room is extended. It is the need to push beyond lv 6 that is frustrating as it depends on the room and faction if you progress or not.

The game mode has potential and personally don't feel the need to criticise too harshly as the game mode has been out for like a week. Obviously it is being worked on.

Sorry to be rude but:  -efficiency-. I need Khora BP and we made it to zone 8 but  didnt made it beacuse  efficiency 2 times in a row

Khora BP is already a  5% droprate. And it was super easy before last hotfix.

I hope you know guy that 20 minutes runs for 5% chance is not fair at all in the first place.

I truly hope you will do something

I mean in survival fissuers we get 10% every 5 minutes (if we have only 1 radiant relic) but Khora BP is 5% only after 20 minutes

played this mission for hours At this point this not fun anymore

Edited by Renarde-Louve

12 minutes ago, Renarde-Louve said:

Sorry to be rude but: #*!%ING efficiency. I need Khora BP and we made it to zone 8 but #*!%ING didnt made it beacuse #*!%ING efficiency 2 times in a row

Khora BP is already a #*!%ING 5% droprate. And it was super easy before last hotfix.

I hope you know guy that 20 minutes runs for 5% chance is not fair at all in the first place.

I truly hope you will do something

I mean in survival fissuers we get 10% every 5 minutes (if we have only 1 radiant relic) but Khora BP is 5% only after 20 minutes

I have to agree. Many other Warframes have 30-37% chance of component drops. So even if there is a problem, I can live with that.

My guess is DE getting greedy and want us to buy new Warframes with plats. If that is the case, I would rather play something else (And I have been supporting them by buying EVERY prime access pack since I started playing - guess not any more)

33 minutes ago, BheemaSena said:

I have to agree. Many other Warframes have 30-37% chance of component drops. So even if there is a problem, I can live with that.

My guess is DE getting greedy and want us to buy new Warframes with plats. If that is the case, I would rather play something else (And I have been supporting them by buying EVERY prime access pack since I started playing - guess not any more)

This is exactly it. 

Warframes chief problem is that it is a looter shooter that does not WANT to reward you. Because if it does, you wont spend money. The business model and the game design model are completely, 100% diametrically opposed to one another. And the business model ALWAYS wins. That's how funding from...over there...works. 

DE dont want to reward you. They offer you grudging chances at rewards by actually playing, trying desperately to push you toward their cash shop to either buy stuff, or use play in trade chat. Which begs the question: If the drop chances of any decent reward are so low you might realistically NEVER actually get them by playing...and you just buy the rewards...why play a loot based game? 

Its a vicious circle, and eventually, the business model of the game, will devour the game itself.

They made it now impossible to even get to Zone 11 ...

I'm so pissed off right now that i want to post quite a long paragraph of insults to the way they are "fixing" things in onslaught.

You are literally pushing away people with each supposedly fix you release every time.

People tell you the efficiency is dropping too fast , you nerf it.

People tell you spawns are terrible , you change that as well.

No matter how fast we kill the efficiency doesn't budge and still drops like crazy.

WTF devs. I really hope this comes around and bites you in the rear.

Edited by Siala

Can you please do something about people leaving during an Onslaught mission because they didnt get what they wanted. Im really tired of going in and leveling up what I want to level up and people  leaving around wave 8 or 9, which then causes me to wait in an infinite loop because it wasn't able to make me the host to progress the Onslaught. Instead I have to close down Warframe, sign back in, and find out the items I got, and the exp I earned are gone. This happens every single time, and its pretty tiring. Please Devs come up with a fix. 

Il y a 7 heures, beastypanda01 a dit :

Can you please do something about people leaving during an Onslaught mission because they didnt get what they wanted. Im really tired of going in and leveling up what I want to level up and people  leaving around wave 8 or 9, which then causes me to wait in an infinite loop because it wasn't able to make me the host to progress the Onslaught. Instead I have to close down Warframe, sign back in, and find out the items I got, and the exp I earned are gone. This happens every single time, and its pretty tiring. Please Devs come up with a fix. 

So far, the only way to prevent from losing your rewards is watch if the host is going through the portal before you going through it yourself.

If you dont know, the host is always the player #1 (white circle number beside players name).

For my part, when I am the host I tell everyone from the start that I will leave at wave 8 and warn them to NOT going to wave 9.
but yeah most of hosts dont event care more others.

After playing this mode for way too many hours.... around 15 hours or so, i have a few ideas to better improve it. My top score was just over 4.900.000, my current top for this week is just over 4.800.000

-First problem is the efficiency drains way too fast and there is a "brick wall" we hit on the higher zones. No matter how fast we can kill... we can not win. This should be fixed so that if we are killing enemies as fast as they spawn, efficiency stays up.

-Rewards: Removing Khora blueprint from elite was a step in the right direction. I would prefer completely removing her from elite. Also the Synthetic Eidolon Shard make no sense here as a drop. For Kuva tile sets on elite mode, replace Endo with Kuva as the reward. Endgame players want Kuva.. not Endo. While Lato Vandal and Braton Vandal are nice to get from this, what happens when the "endgame" players collect all the items from this mode? They stop playing it. *See: Focus

-Focus: Some of the playerbase gains nothing from focus because they already maxed everything out.  It would be cool if there was some type of "currency or standing" that could be used to purchase items from Cephalon Simaris, this could be how players aquire Khora and the Vandals.  Maybe have an inventory the changes when the leaderboards reset. This would give player more of a reason to play it. this "currency/Standing" could be rotation rewards or a set amount for each zone that increases the further you go, thats right Scaling rewards. 

-Meta: the current meta is just using the frames that can kill the fastest (Equinox, Link trinity, Saryn), it would be nice if we were not forced into the AoE frames to get to further zones.  Possibly make it so killing enemies with Primary weapons and pistols gives more efficiency than using abilities. I would say melee also... but Range rivens kinda made melee broken. Another thing that could effect efficiency are headshots. 

Overall i really like this game mode but the leaderboard is more about "who can find the exploit", instead of which group has the most teamwork. If there ever comes a time where this mode is "fair to all", then it would be cool to have rewards for reaching the top 20(50), For clan and player. This would give more incentive to continue playing past the Zone 8. 

il y a 15 minutes, ZENBRUCE a dit :

I'm sorry but I do not play that mode anymore until the host's migration is fixed.
It's frustrating that after 20-25 minutes, host migration and you're left with nothing 
The same story every time the host migrates.

Its also frustrating to having to quit before wave 8 (still need Khora BP) because Host want to leave at 6

its kinda also wasteing time

Ok, writing here again after trying to get Khora parts and...

Every single time I play it I always ask myself: why did I even play that game mode? Every single time I jump into that place I come out with either just relics or some relics and a duplicate captura scene. What even is the point of going there if I just get relics and something I can't even sell? We already have a plethora of ways to get relics: syndicate packs (I love those), excavation, defense missions, etc. The only good deal about it is that players no longer risk spending an entire rotation only to be rewarded with Ammo Drum or 50 Endo. That's a starting point, I guess...

Still, it feels really pointless to play a game mode that offers mundane rewards and a very small chance to get a random part of a warframe that is really bad in its current state. The Elite Onslaught offers radiant relics, which is kinda cool, but again, its not like they are something that hard to get. They are still mundane rewards. I don't expect or want relics to be completely gone from the reward pool, but giving players relics as the bulk of rewards makes the game mode really underwhelming. If the reward tables was more similar to sorties, with common rewards being common (but not that much) but at the same time something extremely useful, it would have been great).

Another thing that really puts the gamemode down is the efficiency orbs. Why do they even exist? Why are they almost hidden in most maps? It's boring going out of your way with 60+ angry enemies willing to kill you to look for a nintendo-esque glowy thingy just to keep myself on the game. A better alternative would be Simaris asking us to kill enemies in a specific fashion, or locking the secondary or primary slot, or use some ability an X number of times. That'd be much better and give the gamemode a nice flow.

Running around frantically with my Mirage Prime and Orthos Prime in Elite Onslaught, and losing out on kills to someone who stands in one spot with an Equinox and presses 4 every 7-8 seconds.  Maybe the cooldown timer should be increased in a zone the more you use it?

it would be nice to have some kind of indicator in onslaught to show who is already in the next zone and who is not - mostly, to see if the host (which also should be marked as such) is staying behind. even though the host-migration annoyance is getting better with each fix, it still leads to many problems beside the kick-back-to-the-ship issue.

10 hours ago, N64Gamefreak said:

Running around frantically with my Mirage Prime and Orthos Prime in Elite Onslaught, and losing out on kills to someone who stands in one spot with an Equinox and presses 4 every 7-8 seconds.  Maybe the cooldown timer should be increased in a zone the more you use it?

Its not about who is best in this mode , its about surviving to the next room ...

The cooldown timer is already doing its job perfectly. Using Nova's 4  1-2 times instantly triggers it.

If Equinox is helping out with that by a lot then i don't see the problem as long as the efficiency is topped.

But later on in room 11 and forth everything falls useless until they do something about the terrible spawns an abysmal efficiency drop.

Where no matter how many you kill it still dropping like crazy.

Edited by Siala

Could you guys consider adding health and shields regen after going through the portal ? It's not a big thing I know.. But we have buff and energy reset everytime, why no health and shields ? I've lost a lot of focus on higher tiers just becouse I had low health when going  to next wave and dying right away. :highfive:

Edited by suchamess

Hi, DE. For the Sanctuary Onslaught, any chance that you could fix a problem after host migration? After a host migration and rejoining the squad, it seems that after the yellow icon to the portal appeared, the portal did not opened. It's still buggy though. Because of that....i made everyone not able to get their rewards :/. Hopefully you guys could fix it. 

The other one is that is it possible to increase the rate of getting Khora Parts and her blueprint? Comparing with Prime parts and her parts...at least there is void traces to refine the relics and increase the chances of getting the require prime part. But for Khora parts, is she that special, such that the prime parts become like redundant?....the rate of getting her is quite low, especially for her systems...which I have been grinding but not attainable. Even Nidus' drop rate is much better. For relics...hmm, it feels kind of redundant as well since it can be farmed on other planets which has better rates of getting them....if i'm not mistaken. Is it possible if you could relook into it again?

Lato and Braton Vandal are understandable. 

Il y a 1 heure, MGRRaidenRod a dit :

Hi, DE. For the Sanctuary Onslaught, any chance that you could fix a problem after host migration? After a host migration and rejoining the squad, it seems that after the yellow icon to the portal appeared, the portal did not opened. It's still buggy though. Because of that....i made everyone not able to get their rewards :/. Hopefully you guys could fix it. 

The other one is that is it possible to increase the rate of getting Khora Parts and her blueprint? Comparing with Prime parts and her parts...at least there is void traces to refine the relics and increase the chances of getting the require prime part. But for Khora parts, is she that special, such that the prime parts become like redundant?....the rate of getting her is quite low, especially for her systems...which I have been grinding but not attainable. Even Nidus' drop rate is much better. For relics...hmm, it feels kind of redundant as well since it can be farmed on other planets which has better rates of getting them....if i'm not mistaken. Is it possible if you could relook into it again?

Lato and Braton Vandal are understandable. 

I agree with you, Khora parts, specailly in rotation C, should be higher, I took me more or less 10 hours to finaly get her last part I needed (the BP).

For Lato and Braton Vandal, I also understand they want them to be rare but, less than 3% drop rates at rotation C is very low. That would not too bad if they rise it to 5% considering there is 3 parts at C. For rotation A, I dont mind, since we can do it 2 times in 10~ minutes and rotation B is still kinda not too bad but C still take 20~ minutes