Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For the first time in my entire game life time i think we deserve a compensation

Frenrihr89

Ofcourse its a personal opinion but the low % drop chances to get the vandals or khora its not an issue to me, but the crashes, all that time invested by people and  the gained loot lost due to crashing or failed hosting migrations...

the problem of the counduits not spawning after someone crash and join again to the party.. still not fixed.

I would love to see what u guys think about it..

Edited by Frenrihr89

I agree. I lost a Khora Blueprint due to these crashes and I am not alone. I think that you should just be careful when running squads and pray until hotfixes deploy.

On a side note, if you crash, this may help you:

Spoiler

For anyone having trouble with the portal not materializing after someone crashes:
1. Person who crashed waits to connect until the end of zone and the timer hits 0 seconds.
2. When portal starts to materialize, crashed player reconnects.
3. Everyone but the host goes into the next zone .
4. Host waits until crashed player reconnects.
5. When player reconnects, both host and the crashed player go through portal. After this, the portal should always appear and the player who originally crashed shouldn't need to disconnect to fix the lobby for future portals.

Note: Have host go into the portal first before clients to minimize chances at clients crashing.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

The conduit delay or failure to spawn is due to the game waiting for everyone's sessions to load up the next map tile, due to how the run is scripted.

If something goes wrong, the current script seems unable to cope with it.

It's highly likely that the game is tested on high end QA PCs that likely have very high end specifications, REALLY fast video cards, ridiculous amounts of RAM, super speedy SSDs, and a god-like super fast, low latency connection directly to DE and to one another.  You know, computers that few people even in the industrialized world could afford.  This means that they don't get to experience any of the lag, latency, network packet loss, jitter, disconnects, etc that happen in real world situations.

But where's the fun in that, right?

vor 20 Minuten schrieb --Q--Voltage:

I agree. I lost a Khora Blueprint due to these crashes and I am not alone. I think that you should just be careful when running squads and pray until hotfixes deploy.

On a side note, if you crash, this may help you:

Inhalt unsichtbar machen

For anyone having trouble with the portal not materializing after someone crashes:
1. Person who crashed waits to connect until the end of zone and the timer hits 0 seconds.
2. When portal starts to materialize, crashed player reconnects.
3. Everyone but the host goes into the next zone .
4. Host waits until crashed player reconnects.
5. When player reconnects, both host and the crashed player go through portal. After this, the portal should always appear and the player who originally crashed shouldn't need to disconnect to fix the lobby for future portals.

Note: Have host go into the portal first before clients to minimize chances at clients crashing.

to add a vital point
if you get whitescreen
Just enter operator Mode ( 5 ) and it's gone 

I lost 10 runs due to crashes and hostmigration always in elite onslaught at zone 8 to 9. There is definetly an issue at this zone transition. Probably the host connection crashes while resetting rotation from c to a. I am not a friend of compensations and such stuff but this single time they should give some. On the other hand they should disable the whole mode to prevent people from bad experience in playing for (like me) 5 hours and getting nothing out of it.

Edit: if i remember right even in the dev stream they had an crash. I don't get it why they released it if it is not stable?

Edited by Yamichi

59 minutes ago, Frenrihr89 said:

all that time and loot invested by people  lost due to crashing or failed hosting migrations...

OP, you're a Founder. You've been around since the very beginning. You should know how it is with new game modes before bunches of patching, and you should know how it is with Friday releases. Playing a new game mode before the needed bugfixes is play-at-own risk. There's for your time investment.

As for loot investment... what do you mean? Onslaught is drop-in (no key needed) and we can't use gear in it, so there isn't any loot being invested in order to play.

My favorite thing about this update is people KNEW pretty damn quickly the mode is super unstable, yet they keep playing it over and over again for HOURS, only to end up coming onto the forums demanding free stuff for time they willingly and knowingly, devoted to a unstable gamemode.

Like, that logic blows my mind. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKMMCPeiQoc

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Crashes in Sanctuary Onslaught are a well known problem. By entering the mode you basically agree to accept the risk of these crashes and possibly losing all your loot. I really don't see why you need to be compensated.

If you don't want to take the risks, stay out of the mode. Just learn to be patient.

My favorite thing about this update is people KNEW pretty damn quickly the mode is super unstable, yet they keep playing it over and over again for HOURS, only to end up coming onto the forums demanding free stuff for time they willingly and knowingly, devoted to a unstable gamemode.

Glad there are still sensible people around. 

Edited by Late.for.tea

49 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

OP, you're a Founder. You've been around since the very beginning. You should know how it is with new game modes before bunches of patching, and you should know how it is with Friday releases. Playing a new game mode before the needed bugfixes is play-at-own risk. There's for your time investment.

Yes, we know.....

My question is why DE doesn't seem to acknowledge it and insist to do this to its playerbase. One would think that they are professional game developers and after the fiasco of PoE they would have learned something about not to release such a buggy, unfinished content wasting people's time...Above all before the weekend when most ppl actually have time to play a bit more and than just leave them to their pain being perfectly aware that there were issues with it considering the game mode crashed even during primetime.

2 hours ago, Nirrel said:

Yes, we know.....

My question is why DE doesn't seem to acknowledge it and insist to do this to its playerbase. One would think that they are professional game developers and after the fiasco of PoE they would have learned something about not to release such a buggy, unfinished content wasting people's time...Above all before the weekend when most ppl actually have time to play a bit more and than just leave them to their pain being perfectly aware that there were issues with it considering the game mode crashed even during primetime.

Maybe if the community wouldn't rush them by asking "where's khora" "where's umbra" etc, almost everyday, then they would be able to release things when they're ready. 

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

Maybe if the community wouldn't rush them by asking "where's khora" "where's umbra" etc, almost everyday, then they would be able to release things when they're ready. 

You can't put this wholly on the players. A big part of the fault is DE's for starving them of content and constantly advertising new things without releasing them.

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

You can't put this wholly on the players. A big part of the fault is DE's for starving them of content and constantly advertising new things without releasing them.

OK, I'm willing to admit that DE does tease things too early and overhyped things. But, when they don't have anything new to advertise people get bored and complain, because we got used to having things to look forward to. It's a vicious cycle

3 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

OK, I'm willing to admit that DE does tease things too early and overhyped things. But, when they don't have anything new to advertise people get bored and complain, because we got used to having things to look forward to. It's a vicious cycle

It's pretty much a never ending cycle at this point, and it will continue to be until DE manages to get its managers to do better jobs at managing time and projects. They lose focus too quickly in favor of new ideas.

4 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

I think a Onslaught alpha test badge would be nice^^ And maybe pair it with an exclusive weapon for us alpha tester. How about "Crash Prime"?

:)

Until this becomes a thing I'm just straight up not playing it. I'd rather wait the usual month before the game is fully fixed for consoles. Which is sad considering all game releases seem to be half ass bugs until actual people try them and then they seem to figure out what specifications actual middle class humans can purchase xD

4 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

I think a Onslaught alpha test badge would be nice^^ And maybe pair it with an exclusive weapon for us alpha tester. How about "Crash Prime"?

:)

zsVwWBr.png

Also OP, The only time you'd get something is if something happens that's beyond anyone's control. 

The onslaught issues are under control: By you going to the onslaught thread in feedback and explaining what is happening, and your pc specs and any other information you might have gathered from the situation. 

4 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

As for loot investment... what do you mean? Onslaught is drop-in (no key needed) and we can't use gear in it, so there isn't any loot being invested in order to play.

ok, i edited that ( all that time invested by people and  the gained loot lost due to crashing or failed hosting migrations...)

2 hours ago, PurpleBomber said:

I have to assume there's some hyperbole in the topic title, given a platinum founder's game life and all the times since the end of the founders' packages that DE has already awarded compensation for game issues.

why do even you have to mention i'm a founder, you are missing the point mate