Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Onslaught and Khora Blueprints Acquisition DE's worst move yet?

Deimorne

3 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Of course. But you should remember the same. You were the one who said:

And:

You made the assumption that credits and resources were better rewards (or more "special") than what is currently being offered. But I need focus, and relics, and even endo, much much more than I have ever needed credits or resources. Not everyone has mass amounts of focus either.

Besides, you already have a place to farm credits: the index. There's no need to add another.

Just think of onslaught as the place to farm focus, in the same way you think of the index as the place to farm credit.

I apologize if it seems that's the assumption I was making. It wasn't. What I was indicating towards with that is that Onslaught doesn't even offer the basic things that we've seen in most other things. Which came as a surprise to me. I would of thought something that offers, at least in my eyes, so little useful things to me would at least drop credits and resources.

I apologize for any confusion from my end.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I will absolutely go to Zone 25 for the hell of it!  Don't presume that everyone needs THINGS to enjoy the EXPERIENCE.  I fight the masses because it's -fun-.  It's what got me into Warframe.  Not the "rewards".  I've currently got more "rewards" than I know what to do with.  I just wanted a place to USE them.  Enter Onslaught.

A quest would be cool, and there sorta is a low-key plot for her....but understand this: The writing team is working hard on trying to get The Sacrifice out.  That's a major quest.  Khora was meant to be just a fun tidbit to tide us over and introduce new mechanics, but Damage 2.5 got scrapped.  They went back to work on her, but us adoring and understanding fans just kept putting pressure on DE to put her out.  We see it, and we want it yesterday...Which is a shame.  That being said, the more they work on quests for things like Khora, the less they spend on the MAIN cinematic quests.

Khora may be your CURRENT priority, but it isn't DE's main focus.

But I digress, play Onslaught for the onslaught of enemies (almost like they named it for a reason! :O).  

And I've never maid any claim it should be DE's main focus. Even I think that's asking a stupidly insane thing for no real logical reason. All I ask is that she gets looked at. I personally believe the 5% drop chance is a painfully low chance. Which for those who are unlucky, makes going through the repetitive onslaught a real problem.

My situation is that I found myself yawning when playing onslaught. There's nothing in it for ones like me.

I understand and accept you like it, even love it. Which I'm happy to hear. But for me, it's just too painfully boring for what it is. I even love the basic regular missions, because in those, things can change and there's things to find. An enemy to scan, an item you've been needing to pick up, opening stashes and lockers for things, hoping an Ayatan Star drops out. Hell, even the basic missions can surprise you. You can be on a spy mission, and towards the end, the Lotus will contact you, suddenly changing it to exterminate or sabotage or such.

I just hate the idea of finding warframe boring because I love it so much. And I am happy to farm for a frame, yes. But I really don't want to be forced through the same meaningless horde mode again, again, again, again, again, again, again and again.

And yes, I gathered onslaught was named for the onslaught of enemies. Most people would piece that together. But thank you for pointing that out all the same.

3 minutes ago, Saratheia said:

I apologize if it seems that's the assumption I was making. It wasn't. What I was indicating towards with that is that Onslaught doesn't even offer the basic things that we've seen in most other things. Which came as a surprise to me. I would of thought something that offers, at least in my eyes, so little useful things to me would at least drop credits and resources.

I apologize for any confusion from my end.

Ah my apologies, I misread your post then.

Like I said, you should just think of onslaught as a specialized place the same way you do the index. You go there to max out your daily focus. Same as you would go to the index to farm credits. If you don't need focus, there's not much reason to go to onslaught. Again, same as there's no reason to do index if you don't need credits.

One other note is that elite onslaught can drop up to four radiant relics in 20 minutes of gameplay. If you're farming prime parts to make plat, that's actually pretty good. Considering how long it would take you to farm four relics and the 400 void traces it would take to make them radiant, that can be a time saver.

On 2018-04-28 at 10:36 AM, Krhymez said:

It is all RNG, some people farmed her day one. I managed to get her in two days. 

When they release a frame and/or content... it should not be able to be completed day one.  This makes it so people complain about nothing new being released.... then when something comes they complain they cant get it fast enough.... when they finally get it, they complain about nothing new being released again.

IF you want Khora instantly, buy her with plat. She is actually faster to farm than many other frames.

Your post makes 0 sense. It should not be obtainable the first day but the OP said he spent hours among hours farming for a week straight.  

19 hours ago, rune_me said:

Ah my apologies, I misread your post then.

Like I said, you should just think of onslaught as a specialized place the same way you do the index. You go there to max out your daily focus. Same as you would go to the index to farm credits. If you don't need focus, there's not much reason to go to onslaught. Again, same as there's no reason to do index if you don't need credits.

One other note is that elite onslaught can drop up to four radiant relics in 20 minutes of gameplay. If you're farming prime parts to make plat, that's actually pretty good. Considering how long it would take you to farm four relics and the 400 void traces it would take to make them radiant, that can be a time saver.

Yeah, but just like what happened with index, nobody... or rather, most don't like it because of that terrible part of Nidus' ques line that included it. The same situation is happening here is that people in my situation who haven't been lucky with the RNG for Khora have been left with a very bitter taste from onslaught due to trying to obtain Khora.

Just take it easy and try to enjoy it OP. It's RNG. I got my Khora in a weekend, along with a full Braton set. The game mode can actually be fun and you can get some useful relics while doing it. If you absolutely hate the game mode, then just farm some other thing you like that can make you plat (like open relic fissures or run corrupted vaults) and spend the time farming the plat to buy her instead. I did that with Harrow because I hate defection and it did wonders for my mental sanity. The game allows you to do that. 

"She is actually faster to farm than many other frames." NO SHE ISNT.  Been farming her every day hours every day and have not got the blueprint.  #*!% this.  Im about to quit WF

It is kind of dumb when you consider the fact that outside of their exclusivity, there's nothing to them as a reward for such a grind. All I wanted them for was mastery/something to do as I'll put forma in event weapons, even if they suck. At this rate it's just out of boredom. Should have just left them as a reward for another event when they ran out of ideas as if they were just a skin I wouldn't have cared about not being able to acquire them, it was just the mastery for me.

On 2018-04-28 at 9:36 AM, Krhymez said:

It is all RNG, some people farmed her day one. I managed to get her in two days. 

When they release a frame and/or content... it should not be able to be completed day one.  This makes it so people complain about nothing new being released.... then when something comes they complain they cant get it fast enough.... when they finally get it, they complain about nothing new being released again.

IF you want Khora instantly, buy her with plat. She is actually faster to farm than many other frames.

IE: Mesa, Nidus, Equinox, Excal at one point if you didn't choose him first, Titania god I hate the quest, I mean hell Nyx prime is likely harder to get (and definitely more expensive) than Khora.

Hardly their worse move, not even close really, hek remember when Nezha was a sortie drop? Or how about when you could only revive up to 4 times a day on a given warframe? And what about Archwing, or the now nonexistant Trials?

IonA7L4.jpg

So this is what I got after more than a  week of farming Khora. I think I've done way more than 100 runs at this point, but I'm not really angry or frustrated - It's me who chose to be stubborn after all. I'm just relieved I don't need to do Onslaught anymore. It feels like there's a problem with reward system in normal mode. Khora was the only draw to play this mode for me, and it got boring really fast. I don't really need normal relics and endo. Synthetic shards are... well, at least they're something different I guess. Captura scenes were nice the first time, but not anymore. If anything should've had such low drop chances it's those scenes, not Khora parts. I've heard the idea that chances to obtain Khora are so low because DE didn't want us to get her parts again ang again when running normal mode for other rewards, but... Is there other reasons to run it besides Khora? I can get more focus and higher qualty relics from elite mode. What else is there?

Now that it's done I'm not touching Onslaught again. And I'm not looking forward to farming Braton and Lato vandals when that moment comes. So all in all, Onslaught - at least normal mode - feels like a failure to me. I usually try to defend DE as I know they've got a lot of stuff to do and they're managing it all as well as they can. But this is something I genuinely didn't enjoy. Take this feedback for what you will.

I think people just burn themselves out too fast, in all honesty.  Players on Warframe, not all but the vocal majority complaining, make me think of those people in traffic who just swerve and cut and speed past you ... just to get to the red light with you, or to get one spot ahead of you and stuck in traffic anyway.

Everyone's in a rush to get to the finish line.  Why?  Warframe will be there. Khora will be there.  Put the game down, go watch a movie or hang with friends....and come back when you feel like tackling another hour or so of grinding.  If you're not having fun, why torture yourself?

DE created the Onslaught mode AND put Khora out so soon mostly due to pressure from you, the players, who "needed to have it now!".  So...this is what rushing them does.
Now we have it, a brand new mode AND frame, and people are just burning through it like there's more content to get to...and give it a week and we'll have more people complaining that "This is boring, we need another update!  Give us more stuff!"

Just appreciate what we've got, take your time (DE never intended to have you sit for 10 hr farming sessions. Y'all do that to yourselves), and you'll get the frame when you get the frame.  

In other words, you're mad that it's not dropping fast -for you-, but in all honesty....RNG is the fairest system we can ask for.  Some get it sooner, some later, but everyone has the same odds.  

I dunno, I'm just happy to have new things to look forward to. I want to savor the experience...I don't understand what the rush is all about.  I just want to play and have fun.  Don't care how soon I get crazy rewards.  The journey is the fun, not the destination.

I don't know if it's because the drop rates for Khora are lower than average but people don't seem that committed with onslaught, I have been having serious trouble finding groups that go past zone 4 since week two, a lot of them leave at odd numbered zones, like...why?

1 hour ago, (PS4)IroncladBomber said:

Since it doesn't come out on PS4 till next week, I don't know for sure. But Rivens still exist, RNG within your RNG with no way to Improve your Odds.

Of course you can improve your odds. Just get more kuva and keep rerolling. The more times you roll, the greater the odds that you will get a good roll. 

Edited by rune_me

On 2018-04-28 at 3:30 PM, Oreades said:

Eh Onslaught is kinda fun and her parts aren't that hard to get. 

you kidding me right  iv run it least 130 times now and still not seen her bp iv thrown the towel in now had enough of normal mode i got all her other parts but lack the bp  the frame is not worth the effort anymore for me its a frame i wont be getting

Edited by Ouch74

vor einer Stunde schrieb Ouch74:

you kidding me right  iv run it least 130 times now and still not seen her bp iv thrown the towel in now had enough of normal mode i got all her other parts but lack the bp  the frame is not worth the effort anymore for me its a frame i wont be getting

Well do normal onslaught to level up frames, maybe some weapons too, run it 2-3 times a day and someday you got your khora, that the way how you should do it.

7 hours ago, rune_me said:

Of course you can improve your odds. Just get more kuva and keep rerolling. The more times you roll, the greater the odds that you will get a good roll. 

No you can't improve your odds. The odds for each throw are and will remain exactly the same for ever...untill the system changes. 

The ONLY system where continuing to roll will increase your odds is a system which removes previous rolls as a potential roll or actively reduces the chance of that same roll re-occuring....OR if the system allows you to roll multiple rolls at the exact same time. 

To my knowledge that is not how the system functions. 

Example: a jar with 9 green marbles and 1 red marble will yield a 10% chance of drawing the red marble and a 90% chance to draw the green marble. 

Since after each draw all the marbles go back into the jar the chance on each subsequent draw will remain 10%. 

Only if you remove a drawn non red marble from the jar permanently or if you are allows to increase the amount of drawn marbles will your chances improve. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)BOSS_TPH76 said:

No you can't improve your odds. The odds for each throw are and will remain exactly the same for ever...untill the system changes. 

The ONLY system where continuing to roll will increase your odds is a system which removes previous rolls as a potential roll or actively reduces the chance of that same roll re-occuring....OR if the system allows you to roll multiple rolls at the exact same time. 

To my knowledge that is not how the system functions. 

Example: a jar with 9 green marbles and 1 red marble will yield a 10% chance of drawing the red marble and a 90% chance to draw the green marble. 

Since after each draw all the marbles go back into the jar the chance on each subsequent draw will remain 10%. 

Only if you remove a drawn non red marble from the jar permanently or if you are allows to increase the amount of drawn marbles will your chances improve. 

I think he means that the likelihood of getting great stats increases as you roll.

As in, the likelihood you eventually roll a 12 on a pair of dice increases the more you do it.

3 hours ago, Ouch74 said:

130 times, given my best pre-coffee early morning maths would mean you are telling me you've spent ~43 hours in Onslaught. You'll have to forgive me if I'm slightly skeptical. 

I don't even think Atlas took me that long to grind and because no one was grinding Atlas I also had to (not counting foundry build times), farm for materials to build an Itzal, Grind a Velocitus (back when you actually had to play AW to get AW weapons), Grind out all the mods I needed for the AW gear, forma my Archwing/Weapons multiple times. All so I could solo Jordas until all the Atlus components finally dropped. Heck even the Imperitor Vandal Reciever "only" took like ~52 mind numbing runs and it's drop rate was, I want to say, about half (~2%) that of either the Khora blueprints/Systems (~5.6%). Tho I will fully admit that the Imperitor grind did make me want to claw my eyes out, mostly because the other three(?) components had ~12% to drop. Where as Khora is comparatively pretty flat across the board. 

Tho I suppose it is theoretically possible based on the laws of RNG that ones RNG could be so incredibly bad that they could play it a million times and not get the blueprints. At which point yeah it's probably more efficient to throw in the towel, just trade stuff for plat and buy her off the market.  

Edited by Oreades

After patch 8 I ran it about 4 times in a row then give up for awhile or try again the next day. Got it in 5 days. So about ~32 solo spin2win runs. I think I still had less fun in defection, but its close. Didn't even get a single B4 relic in C either which is the only other thing I could use in normal mode. Won't try elite for a long time for the guns. 

As of now I have like 6 Corpus Freight Scenes and a crap ton of relics. Been trying to get Kohra since release and STILL have yet to get ANY drops at all. Personally I think after you get one of the scenes it should drop from the loot table (as you only need 1 and cannot delete or sell any extras) and the % should change for the other items in the loot table. I'm ready to give up on the onslaught mode and play something else. Skyrim is starting to seem like my next game to play again.