The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Deluxe Skin info?

Mirasein

I have very low expectations for this skin.

It seems interesting enough as a concept for a new frame but as a "NIDUS" skin?  It feels nothing like him, it feels like it strips out the identity of nidus entirely (the notably infested warframe).  

Nidus is my favorite frame by far, but this skin leaves me feeling "meh" based on the artwork.  Who knows though, it might be cool once implemented but I'm not holding my breath.

10 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Do any of the other Deluxe skins change the ability visuals themselves, not just activate parts of the skin?

Doesn’t the valkyr deluxe skins change her 4th’s claws a bit? That’s the only thing that comes to mind tbh 

The other skins were mostly always relateable to the frame’s theme, so no change was needed, and the abilities themselves didn’t really have that much creativity visually to do anything with them

Oh and the Octavia disco ball changes with the deluxe, just remembered that 

But yea, with the nidus one you’re basically changing his whole theme with the skin, there’s no clear infested theme anymore (instead of evolution/mutation) so I think new ability visuals are needed

10 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Do any of the other Deluxe skins change the ability visuals themselves, not just activate parts of the skin?

As far as I know, yes. Rhino’s iron skin looks like an energy aura vs the usual iron metal look. Nova has ghost like hands that come out. Octavia’s rollers is a different design from usual grineer roller look. I haven’t checked all of them but those 3 I have used and seen the differences. 

11 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

It seems interesting enough as a concept for a new frame but as a "NIDUS" skin?  It feels nothing like him, it feels like it strips out the identity of nidus entirely (the notably infested warframe).  

Nidus is my favorite frame by far, but this skin leaves me feeling "meh" based on the artwork.  Who knows though, it might be cool once implemented but I'm not holding my breath.

Look closer, there’s flesh and bone. 

15 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

Well according to a Devstream, DE is planning a second round of skins. I think the latest Dex Excal skin was one of those

17 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Look closer, there’s flesh and bone. 

Doesn't fit the feel based on the artwork I've seen imho.  more importantly I shouldn't have to inspect really close to figure out it has vague similarities to the theme.

There are times where this works, where you can deviate from the theme cosmetically without losing the emphasis of the character.  I feel like the other frames have done this well.  This one however, not so much.

12 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

Doesn't fit the feel based on the artwork I've seen imho.  more importantly I shouldn't have to inspect really close to figure out it has vague similarities to the theme.

There are times where this works, where you can deviate from the theme cosmetically without losing the emphasis of the character.  I feel like the other frames have done this well.  This one however, not so much.

I mean it’s a relatively small piece of artwork that’s in 2D and doesn’t have the same texture effects as the in game 3D models would have. TBH I don’t know why so many people have an issue with the design and Nidus’s theme. It’s an awesome skin, nuff said.

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I mean it’s a relatively small piece of artwork that’s in 2D and doesn’t have the same texture effects as the in game 3D models would have. TBH I don’t know why so many people have an issue with the design and Nidus’s theme. It’s an awesome skin, nuff said.

Agreed, and it's progressing well according to Geoff.  I play Nidus the most out of all frames nowadays, and I'm really excited he's getting one of the craziest deluxes yet. The damn thing is so over the top (and I love it), what with the eyes in the shoulder armor, the teeth (that's a first for anything frame related), the exposed brain looking thing, the ghostly arms, everything else.

well, the skins can change the powers slightly already, Platine Rhino's Ironskin looks more like a flowing energy in his skin than the metallic-clad look of his regular and Prime skins. I see no reason why DE couldn't alter Nidus' powers to go better with the skin. hell, I'd even be happy to wait a bit longer for it to release if we had matching aesthetics. fashionframe is endgame after all.

I dont even understand those transparent hands, that pose is something more fitting of vlad(vampire) or inaros(mummy).

I'm actually excited for the skin.

I suppose I can only be more excited that it's going to be universally hated. Far easier to feel unique in warframe when you're rolling against the trends. It'd be a little boring if every other match had a Nidus playing with their new deluxe skin after release.

It'd be really nice if people would stop complaining over how you're bummed out about this amazing skin, if you don't like it, maybe you should try submitting your own skin or something, don't just waste a few hours on arguing on whether it's chintin or metal, Nidus is still Organic and the skin isn't taking away his life regen and adding a shield. And whether it is chintin or metal you can Always color your danged Nidus to look however da hek you want. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Windfall-Ivory said:

It'd be really nice if people would stop complaining over how you're bummed out about this amazing skin, if you don't like it, maybe you should try submitting your own skin or something, don't just waste a few hours on arguing on whether it's chintin or metal, Nidus is still Organic and the skin isn't taking away his life regen and adding a shield. And whether it is chintin or metal you can Always color your danged Nidus to look however da hek you want. 

it's called feedback, if allot of people complain about a skin it tells DE the skin may not be as good or may need improvement

I hope you all nay-sayers wont destroy this skin. Deluxe skins are like alt helmets, so you can have something different with the same abilities. if you dont like how inorganic and metallic the deluxe skin looks like, then dont buy it, nidus default is already great, you dont like that either, make one for tennogen smartass. 

Edited by Guest

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎11 at 9:32 PM, karuoke said:

i absolutely love the artist that did this skin but... i don't hate it but i don't love it either. The thing i love about Nidus is how organic and elegant he looks, but this skin is mostly metal and it makes him look like literaly anyone else. Maybe the customizations will make it look neat and i do love the base color scheme it's just the whole metal armored concept of it that i don't really get nor like 😞

I think it's best to wait for the 3D sculpt to give a proper opinion. A concept art is hard to judge, just look at the deluxe skins we have now and compare them to the concept arts for them.

I was looking at a picture of the nidus deluxe skin at my workplace office and one of my co-workers walked by and said and I quote "Whoa that girl character has some saggy looking boobs...", It took me a few minutes to figure out what the hell he was talking about until I realized that from a new person perspective the arms crossing over the chest effect looks like a bra top of some kind....I will never be able to unsee this....this is worse the Harrow Grax skin Clem crotch belt... o_o

On 2018-06-28 at 6:50 PM, (PS4)Windfall-Ivory said:

If you coment on our dispute you should read all the posts it wasnt so much about metal or chitin. cheers