Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issues I have with the game.

Scyriz1

I have a few issues with the game and wondering if anything is going to be addressed possibly later on. Heres a list.

1: Affinity share range needs to be made mission wide, I am tired of people with frames with huge aoe's running way ahead of the rest of us, killing everything, and the other 3 people get jack squat for affinity due to the small radius you can get it in. While this will result in some leech groups, who cares? its not going to hurt much in the long run, when rank caps out at 30 and you can only do the mastery test once a day.

2: Warframe balance is completly out of whack, we got some frames that have aoe's that can kill things rooms away, then you have the ones with none, or the ones who rely on energy like Mag to be of any use. Mag with no energy is pretty worthless. I have a energy siphon mod, but its not nearly fast enough to be of much actual use when soloing. It might be I just need better weapons though. The Aoe issue is especally bad with some, as no one else can kill anything as the aoe they can use while just standing there has such a huge range and does so much damage that the rest of the party feels worthless. Some skills I feel are grossly over powered, I do Index with Mag, I am pretty much useless as I don't have all the fancy stuff yet, and her abilities do pretty low damage. Then I switch to Exclibur, press 4, and just cut thru them like butter, the fact it hits so hard, is ranged, and you can pretty much keep it up an entire mission is kinda.. bs. Ties into the whole balance issue with alot of the aoe using frames.

3: The Kubrow/Kavats need to have a vaccum like mod like the sentinels do, I honetly can't see myself sticking with those pets when the sentinel is just far more useful overall mostly due to vaccum. I do love my Kubrows damage ability though, its weird having a pet that can actually hurt things.

4: The UI could use some quality of life features, like a way to click on a mod stack and have it autoselect the entire stack, insted of clicking it, clicking all, clicking ok, while this may sound lazy its when you have to do this for some 30+ stacks of mods after a few missions it gets very old very quickly.

5: Affinity needs to be evenly distrubtured to weapons even if you never used them in that mission, also If you have stuff at max rank, the affinity that would have went to those items normally, should IMO all be pooled into the one that needs to rank up, insted of how it is now where that affinity on max rank items is essentally completly wasted as it does nothing and just poofs into thin air. Do you need to get a kill with a weapon for it to get a cut of the exp? or do you just need to take it out and fire/swing once or twice?

6: Ember IMO was massivly overnerfed, even more so when today you have frames with far better and bigger radius aoe's than Ember now. I don't have ember now, but from what I heard shes been horribly overnerfed and hasn't gotten any adjustment to bring her back in line with the other aoe frames.

Thats about it for now, of those things, number 1 and 5 especally get on my nerves. Number 2. I get frames are made to be diffrent but some are just too good compared to others.

1. Affinity range was made this short to encourage teamwork and synergy. It's not the range's fault for being short, it's your team's fault for being incompetent. Also, there's a focus tree for that.

2. Warframes were never balanced to begin with, and I don't see that changing in the next decade.

3. While I agree that companions require more use, I really don't see the big deal with Universal Vac, ngl. 

4. The UI is bound to be overhauled (in bits and pieces) within the next few months.

5. Regarding this: 

19 minutes ago, Scyri said:

also If you have stuff at max rank, the affinity that would have went to those items normally, should IMO all be pooled into the one that needs to rank up

I had thought affinity already did that, i.e. bringing in one underleveled weapon versus all of them being underleveled would level the one weapon faster. I could be wrong.

6. Despite what you've heard, Ember isn't necessarily bad. Tenno just hate the fact that they can't press 4 and emote to clear the map. 

31 minutes ago, Scyri said:

4: The UI could use some quality of life features, like a way to click on a mod stack and have it autoselect the entire stack, insted of clicking it, clicking all, clicking ok, while this may sound lazy its when you have to do this for some 30+ stacks of mods after a few missions it gets very old very quickly.

That's already a thing. It's middle mouse click (it is for me atleast, idr if I rebound it.) 

You make some valid points here, affinity radius and high levels nuking everything isn't a problem on maps like hydron but pretty much anywhere else you're missing out on xp if you're not close enough AND you're losing some xp from the random mission objective of it's a kill X amount of enemies one.

I think the weapon xp was done like that to prevent players using one OP weapon to rank up everything else which would seem efficient at first but it would cause us to burn through everything fast and get bored of the game even, having to use different weapons good or bad is a way to refresh our gameplay a bit and give the game a little more replayability.

We definitely need some QOL changes like being able to see mastered weapons in the market and the duplicates tab in the mod menu should show all duplicates minus one each so we don't have to manually reduce one when converting them to endo because as you said it gets old fast.

I agree with a good majority of your post:

1-Affinity sharing doesn't mean a thing if the guy doing all the killing is 3 rooms away and you're left trying to play catch up all day. Its a great idea developers have to encourage these elements of coop gameplay but theres always that guy who'll find a way to milk the system and shortchange everyone else while they do it.  every game has those forced coop components and in every game they feel ignored, overlooked, and in some cases are just a burden to the actual enjoyment of squad play. There are several elements I notice in WF when It comes to squad/solo differences, one of them being affinity of course the other being spawn mechanics. In solo play I notice still far to often a shortage of mobs where if I had just one squad mate it woiuld be endlessly populated. Survivals are a good example, solo play is much different from squad play.

2-This to me speaks a little to your balance point. As well that frames have some huge polarized differences in energy usage/need and over all effectiveness comparatively, there is also the matter of mob density relative to map size, I shouldn't walk through half a map looking for spawns regardless of solo or squad play.

3-I've had a bit of a hands off view of the kuvats/kubrows. Firstly I think its odd that we slaughter them to get eggs and such destroying their habitats. but thats just a personal perspective, The fact that for so long they'd die if left out of stasis and you go offline (tamagotchi flashback) and that they seem so less functional than the sentinels. I want more functionality out of them on par with the sentinels. I want to be able to raise them to full adult hood and keep them as pets if I want to. in my dojo or my ship. 

4:the UI can always use some QoL features. 

5: Afinity has always been interesting to me. Early on in the game it seemed like it didn't matter what you fought <lvl 1 or lvl 30> you got the same amount. So it was more efficient back then to go to a low level planet and farm survivals and speed runs, or camp maps. Not sure that has changed a lot. I notice that I get best results if I do a range around 12-15. Fast to kill and not a lot of heavy units popping. I'd love to see that change...lvl 1 mercury should not award me the same affinity as lvl 40 pluto ...further I think the orikin void should be really brought back to life its a shame that that entire area of content is so underappreciated and unused. 

the mod system has needed reworked for so long I think everyone just agrees without saying it we don't want to poke that dragon.. there are so many components tied into it that it woiuld literally overhaul everything in the game as a result. There has been discussion, its my understanding theyve got plans and we're all eagerly anticipating that someday. Sorting is a recent renovation they've still got some ways it can be streamlined much like the rest of the system. 

6: Ember is the goddess of Fire. 

1 hour ago, Scyri said:

-snip-

-snip-

Use the middle mouse button, you heathen. Look at your hotkeys.

1 hour ago, Scyri said:

5: Affinity needs to be evenly distrubtured to weapons even if you never used them in that mission

Passive affinity gain (i.e. the affinity you get from teammates) is. Affinity you gain by using a weapon goes only to that weapon.

1 hour ago, Scyri said:

insted of how it is now where that affinity on max rank items is essentally completly wasted as it does nothing and just poofs into thin air

Sounds like someone who hasn't unlocked Focus.

After you do Second Dream, just install a lens and enjoy massive amounts of Focus in exchange for that "wasted" affinity.

Responses to OP:

Spoiler

1: This is due to squad composition. Forgo Exterminate missions if you don't want to face this issue. This isn't an issue in Sanctuary Onslaught, which in my opinion is 'Draco Prime', which means 'place where you max stuff fastest'.

2: Complete Second Dream. Select 'Zenurik'. Complete War Within. Revisit Cetus. Join Teralyst hunts at night. There is a solution to your energy problem but that's spoilers.

3: Djinn + Reawaken + Sacrifice + Guardian + Medi-ray + Vacuum + Animal Instinct + additional utility mods (forgo health/shields, forgo Regen because of Reawaken, forgo arming the Sentinel). Due to it's Augment, it will be the ONLY Sentinel anyone will ever use again, besides Carrier and Helios for their own reasons.

3A: In my opinion the solution to Uni-Vacuum is to take the 'Retrieve' Kubrow precept and make it work on all non-Sentinel companions and add the bonus of giving companions a bigger loot radius; to help enhance the solution, pet 'health potions' (the green stim packs) should cost less or be made a craftable item that takes 30 mins to complete at a significant discount.

3B: Another solution to Uni-Vac is to have either an Aura mod with '+X loot range for everyone' or an Arcane which triggers it when you crouch (with the subsequent levels increasing loot range).

4: UI 3.0 is coming. See @[DE]Steve's Twitter for details. That cursor you see now on the UI "IS JUST THE BEGINNING!" - J3 Golem, Jordas Precept, Eris.

5: This already happens, but only with the bonus affinity from teammates. This prevents you from going in solo with unranked stuff and levelling it all by just using Exalted Blade 24/7.
Also, when you complete Second Dream, you will understand why Affinity still flows to maxed weapons once you install Focus Lenses. I cannot say anything else until you complete Second Dream and War Within, which I recommend you do as soon as you can. Unless you already did, since you can go to the Index based on your comment.

6: Chroma has had equal if not worse treatment. Chroma needs a complete rework. The very least I can ask for regarding him is the ability to stack the scaling buff from Vex Armor on recasts, and to have a weakened version of Sentient Adaptation as his passive (i.e: if a certain damage type is dealing the most damage, Chroma will begin to take less damage from it until other damage types deal more damage, which causes the previous resistance to drop in an attempt to negate that, and if the previous damage type is still incoming, the process will repeat again).

Again, about Second Dream and War Within, you really should do them. Then you should focus on whatever says Zenurik. You'll thank me later.

One solution for your energy crisis is to configure your Warframe with maxed Vitality, Gladiator Resolve, Vigor (or it's Primed version if you got that yet), and Rage, and then find a means to get that health back (likely via that one Arcane which causes health regen on headshots).

Edited by Koldraxon-732

I never been to Neptune myself yet which is iirc where the index is, I just had a clan member invite me to a few games of it for some easy credits, so thats how I got the experence of trying it there, and man is it good money XD.

1 hour ago, Scyri said:

I have a few issues with the game and wondering if anything is going to be addressed possibly later on. Heres a list.

1: Affinity share range needs to be made mission wide, I am tired of people with frames with huge aoe's running way ahead of the rest of us, killing everything, and the other 3 people get jack squat for affinity due to the small radius you can get it in. While this will result in some leech groups, who cares? its not going to hurt much in the long run, when rank caps out at 30 and you can only do the mastery test once a day.

2: Warframe balance is completly out of whack, we got some frames that have aoe's that can kill things rooms away, then you have the ones with none, or the ones who rely on energy like Mag to be of any use. Mag with no energy is pretty worthless. I have a energy siphon mod, but its not nearly fast enough to be of much actual use when soloing. It might be I just need better weapons though. The Aoe issue is especally bad with some, as no one else can kill anything as the aoe they can use while just standing there has such a huge range and does so much damage that the rest of the party feels worthless. Some skills I feel are grossly over powered, I do Index with Mag, I am pretty much useless as I don't have all the fancy stuff yet, and her abilities do pretty low damage. Then I switch to Exclibur, press 4, and just cut thru them like butter, the fact it hits so hard, is ranged, and you can pretty much keep it up an entire mission is kinda.. bs. Ties into the whole balance issue with alot of the aoe using frames.

3: The Kubrow/Kavats need to have a vaccum like mod like the sentinels do, I honetly can't see myself sticking with those pets when the sentinel is just far more useful overall mostly due to vaccum. I do love my Kubrows damage ability though, its weird having a pet that can actually hurt things.

5: Affinity needs to be evenly distrubtured to weapons even if you never used them in that mission, also If you have stuff at max rank, the affinity that would have went to those items normally, should IMO all be pooled into the one that needs to rank up, insted of how it is now where that affinity on max rank items is essentally completly wasted as it does nothing and just poofs into thin air. Do you need to get a kill with a weapon for it to get a cut of the exp? or do you just need to take it out and fire/swing once or twice?

6: Ember IMO was massivly overnerfed, even more so when today you have frames with far better and bigger radius aoe's than Ember now. I don't have ember now, but from what I heard shes been horribly overnerfed and hasn't gotten any adjustment to bring her back in line with the other aoe frames.

Thats about it for now, of those things, number 1 and 5 especally get on my nerves. Number 2. I get frames are made to be diffrent but some are just too good compared to others.

1. Learn to parkour and move quickly about the map. Or, just go to Nakak in Cetus and buy Phosfor Blau and Phosfor Rahd, these increase the affinity range from 50 meters to 200.
You being left behind is not the fault of the developers or your teammates, if you are not fast enough, then you need to get faster. Do not ask for all shelves in the world to be lowered because you're not tall enough to reach them yet. It takes time to grow.

2. Each warframe has their own niche, each one does different things. Mag is excellent at nuking grineer and corpus (useless against infested), but your mod collection probably isn't large enough to make her a worthwhile nuking frame. Mag's damage is very situational. An enemy needs either armor or shields for mag to do damage, something I am actually not too thrilled with, since there are some enemies that do not have either (an entire faction, to be precise), and some that have both (Oxium ospreys). And on top of that, enemies need to be clustered around each other for Mag's damage to hurt them; When shields and armor are stripped from an enemy with Mag's 3, the enemies are dealt damage in a radius equal to the shields and armor stripped, meaning that Mag is very good at clearing crowds. Of course she's going to seem underpowered/subpar in a gamemode like the index, which only has less than a score of enemies to choose from, and only a few on the field at a time. 

Alternatively, for your energy issue, check your clan dojo or syndicates for a blueprint that allows you to make team energy restores. You can assign the slot in your gear wheel to a hotkey (I suggest a mouse button, if you have extra, or a number pad button, for this). This will help with your energy issues. Until you finish the Second Dream or The War Within, you will have to live with this.

Every frame has something they are inherently good at. Wukong, Valkyr, and Inaros are very good at surviving on their own. Volt, Vauban, and Nyx are CC royalty. Hydroid (with an augment), Nekros, and Ivara (also Atlas, with an augment) are good for farming and survival missions. Trinity, Oberon, and Harrow are always a lovely thing to see in high level missions. An Octavia can ensure the safety of the party with her buffs. A Nezha can keep people healed, with some finesse, as well as status immune (as can frost, however both need augments). Frost and Gara excel at point defense, while Khora can keep things like excavators and cryopods healed up, if they should sustain damage. Titania is very good for scouting, and she can give a variety of buffs to your team. Every Warframe has their strengths and weaknesses, and often the wiki will have incredibly in-depth details about each frame, as well as tips and tricks for each warframe ability. It even has strategies for playstyles on each frame.

3. Some people agree with this, some do not. There is a kubrow that will look especially cute as it gathers items and drops them at your feet, with a butt wiggle reminiscent of a tail-wag (save for the fact that kubrows have no tails). There is a time and place for most companions, as with Warframes. If you are farming materials, then go with a sentinel or the kubrow I just mentioned. Consider getting a smeeta kavat for a chance to receive a buff that doubles all pickups obtained (doubled again with a resource doubler, so x4 resources). If you wish to do damage more frequently, consider the Adarza kavat, who gives the team an aoe crit buff, allowing damage to skyrocket. I am not familiar enough with the other kubrows, but they all have their uses.
Also, when you have, say, 3 million nano spores, and 2 million of every other resource, you kind of stop caring about vacuum picking things up.
Also also, there was once a time when Carrier was the only sentinel who could use Vacuum. Enjoy your life in a simpler time, for there were battles fought before you that you reap benefits from today.

4. Middle mouse click.

5. No. Becoming rank 30 with a weapon means you have "Mastered" the weapon. If you wish to master it faster, kill things with it. It does not make sense for you to stand in a room with an aoe nuke frame and gain weapon exp. However if DE made it so you would gain no exp from an ally killing everything, people would play only solo, and that is not what DE wants. The best way to level something is to go into an endless mission with Grineer, (Try a defense, survival, or interception), and try to stay within affinity range of your allies... which shouldn't be too difficult, Defense and Interception maps are fairly small, and staying together in a survival is key to success. Communicate with your team in a survival, such as saying "Hey guys can we set up at the life support?" "I'd really like to just stay in this dead end, let the enemies come to us so we don't have to move as much."

On how affinity works, killing things with warframe abilities makes about 80+% of the affinity go to the warframe. Do not use warframe abilities of your own to try and rank up your weapons. Affinity really isn't explained anywhere in the game, I suggest you read up on the wiki.

6. I have nothing to say here. Ember is Ember. She is good at being Ember, she is bad at being not-Ember. Do not try to make Ember be not-Ember. She is a good frame for hard and fast clear of low-level enemies, and with good parkour skills she can efficiently clear rooms at higher levels, an area that she struggled with before her rework. Perhaps her numbers have been run afoul, but I do not have issues with Ember nowadays, whereas before, taking Ember into a level 30  or above mission was a fairly poor choice.

Warframe favors those minded like a Cephalon. The more easily you can soak and retain data, the better off you will be. Research and devotion are rewarded with comprehension; don't be afraid to reach out to the community with a problem you might have, or with something you might not understand, Tenno. Warframe is a team-based game, and we all defend the same Origin System. Try asking Region chat in-game for issues you need help with right away, many people keep region chat open simply to help other players, and I myself have helped quite a few people in my time playing.

Enjoy the system, Tenno.

4 hours ago, Scyri said:

Affinity share range needs to be made mission wide,

you may not care about leech groups, but others do, and it's bad enough that we can't kick Leechers due to the fact that kick systems are a double-edged Sword. plus you'll just be encouraging players to run ahead even more.

4 hours ago, Scyri said:

Warframe balance is completly out of whack

always has been, always will be. you have to remember, this is a power-fantasy game, so there's gonna be overpowered stuff no matter what. Warframe would be pretty dull without our mind bending powers, and Balancing isn't as important in PvE anyway.

4 hours ago, Scyri said:

The Kubrow/Kavats need to have a vaccum like mod like the sentinels do,

DE's stance on Vacuum is very strict. it took a LOT of badgering to get Vacuum taken off of Carrier and allowed onto all Sentinels. the next step in this ongoing conflict of DE vs. Vacuum users is to see if the upcoming Moa companions come with a vacuum mod. if not, a doubt anyone will use them for more than 5 mins before going back to their Vacuum-wielding Sentinel of choice.

4 hours ago, Scyri said:

The UI could use some quality of life features,

UI is being overhauled, and is hitting PC fairly soon, with some changes coming before others.

4 hours ago, Scyri said:

Affinity needs to be evenly distrubtured to weapons even if you never used them in that mission,

not gonna happen, something has to encourage you to use those weapons you might not like, and the only way to know if you like a weapon or not is to use it for a while.

4 hours ago, Scyri said:

Ember IMO was massivly overnerfed,

I can somewhat agree with this one though, Emebr could sue another revisit. her kit has next to no variety, and she's far less effective than other casters.