Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derelict keys are pointless now

AdunSaveMe

They're kind of archaic. You're never going to not need them, as you have to craft one to play specific missions on the derelict. But their crafting cost is insignificant and they take a minute to make. So, in function, derelict keys only serve to make you wait an extra minute to play on the derelict when you forget to make a new one.

I think it's time for them to go.

edit: I am talking about DERELICT keys, which you use to enter derelict missions. Not DRAGON keys, which you use to open vaults.

Azmagon also presents a very good solution:

19 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

They could still be craftable as keys, but as a one-time build with unlimited useage (except maybe for Lephantis keys?)

Edited by AdunSaveMe

vor 3 Minuten schrieb AdunSaveMe:

They're kind of archaic. You're never going to not need them, as you have to craft one to play specific missions on the derelict. But their crafting cost is insignificant and they take a minute to make. So, in function, derelict keys only serve to make you wait an extra minute to play on the derelict when you forget to make a new one.

I think it's time for them to go.

Vault runs are still a thing, plenty of ppl still do them. Also ODD is still being done. Not sure where you get those weird ideas off of.

4 minutes ago, Shiichibukai said:

Vault runs are still a thing, plenty of ppl still do them. Also ODD is still being done. Not sure where you get those weird ideas off of.

Vault runs doesn't change the fact that the keys are unnecessary at this point. ODD doesn't change that either.

5 minutes ago, Shiichibukai said:

Ummm... I think you completely missed the OP's point.

He/she wasn't complaining about the Derelict-missions' value. He/she was saying that the KEYS that you need to craft to get into the Derelict missions fill no good purpose anymore (as they are just a remnant of how we used to run Void and Derelicts in the Void 1.0 era), and that the blockade which they create could simply be gotten rid of, so we could run the missions directly without having to wait for annoying crafting time gates first.

Edited by Azamagon

4 minutes ago, Shiichibukai said:

As I read it, OP's point is exactly that - you always need the keys, but their hardly anything other than a minor nuisance due to their low crafting cost. 

I can understand that point of view, and considering we got rid of crafting the quest blueprints, derelict keys could share the same fate. 

1 minute ago, FLSH_BNG said:

Where on the starchart would you put the derelict then?

You haven't offered even one attempt at an alternative to what you have issue with, how is this thread even helpful?

It would stay right where it is, they are canonically all around Eris. The alternative is make it work like normal missions with matchmaking, the only other alternative this game has.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

Just now, NeithanDiniem said:

It would stay right where it is, they are canonically all around Eris

They could still be craftable as keys, but as a one-time build with unlimited useage (except maybe for Lephantis keys?)

Just now, Azamagon said:

Still not a point for that when they are so cheep to build. Youd have to make the key significant enough of a cost then otherwise why bother?

2 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Still not a point for that when they are so cheep to build. Youd have to make the key significant enough of a cost then otherwise why bother?

To not require any revamp to the starchart progression and such. Just making them unlimited access would be a quick and easy fix, while revamping how the Derelicts would fit in the map (via new Junctions, or adding some requirements for the Derelicts to open or w/e), even if possibly not a tremendous amount of work is still more work than the unlimited key solution.

Edited by Azamagon

10 minutes ago, Shiichibukai said:

No im with him on this one. With the changes to the viod, its odd that derilict still needs keys to access. What would be better is if it was all tied to the starchart like the void, but otherwise worked like normal. You still need keys to access vaults after all.

3 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

To not require any revamp to the starchart progression and such. Just making them unlimited access would be a quick and easy fix, while revamping how the Derelicts would fit in the map (via new Junctions, or adding some requirements for the Derelicts to open or w/e), even if possibly not a tremendous amount of work is still more work than the unlimited key solution.

This would change nothing of the starchart. At all. You wouldn't need a new junction, just lock them behind the Eris junction, as makes sense since these are at Eris. There is zero changes to the UI needed and the progression would be exactly the same.

Removing the key is just as much work as changing them to unlimited.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

So you are saying that every new player should be able to farm for Nekros right out of the gate? A highly sought after Warframe that can cheese gameplay for new players in terms of resources and crafting in general?

Albeit that newbies can always ask for a taxi from veterans.

Honestly at this point it would be better if the derelict was opened for matchmaking like the Void was, keep the keys to allow access, but allow players to que for a squad.

Edited by Nova73

3 minutes ago, Errodin said:

So you are saying that every new player should be able to farm for Nekros right out of the gate? A highly sought after Warframe that can cheese gameplay for new players in terms of resources and crafting in general?

Albeit that newbies can always ask for a taxi from veterans.

Stick it behind Eris' junction and problem solved. The derelicts are floating around Eris anyways.

30 minutes ago, Shiichibukai said:

I'm not talking about dragon keys. I'm talking about DERELICT keys. And I didn't say ODD isn't being done.

23 minutes ago, FLSH_BNG said:

Exactly where it is? Could attach it to Eris.

23 minutes ago, FLSH_BNG said:

You haven't offered even one attempt at an alternative to what you have issue with

There doesn't need to be an alternative. It's not something that needs to be replaced. Just removed, because it's pointless. An alternative is not mandatory.

13 minutes ago, Errodin said:

So you are saying that every new player should be able to farm for Nekros right out of the gate?

No. Don't put words in my mouth. Also, I'm pretty sure they can do that anyway.

21 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

This is also an option. Good thinking.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

6 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Stick it behind Eris' junction and problem solved.

I agree with that based on their location on the starchart, but in terms of current player progression it would be better to have them unlock around Saturn.  After reaching Saturn a current player has access to all the materials required to make any Derelict Key (Saturn being the first place they reach that offers Nano Spores).

3 minutes ago, Katinka said:

I agree with that based on their location on the starchart, but in terms of current player progression it would be better to have them unlock around Saturn.  After reaching Saturn a current player has access to all the materials required to make any Derelict Key (Saturn being the first place they reach that offers Nano Spores).

On the other hand, its level range is around Pluto/Eris.

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

On the other hand, its level range is around Pluto/Eris.

After checking the Wiki, Saturn is 21-36, Derelict is 25-35, Pluto & Eris are both 30-45.  For further reference Uranus is 24-37 and Neptune is 27-40.  So I'd say Derelict should come before Pluto/Eris as it's 5-10 levels lower and would sit nicely between Saturn and Uranus whose level ranges it fits within.  This could also be used to break up the back to back Grineer worlds or, if DE took the opportunity to add an intro quest, explore the reasons for Grineer being on some Derelicts.

Derelict key blueprints and the regular nav coordinates should be removed.. but keep Lephantis navs and mutalist Alad navs and just have them as a currency to enter the boss fight without building a key, like how Animo beacons work. Then we can finally have public matchmaking in the derelict and against mut-lad v.

There's a junction task that needs you to craft a derelict key to progress, so that task would need replacing if they removed the keys. It's the Saturn junction to get to Uranus, I think.

Edited by (PS4)Yetchii

1 hour ago, FLSH_BNG said:

You haven't offered even one attempt at an alternative to what you have issue with, how is this thread even helpful?

The derelict stays where it is.

Getting rid of keys = getting inside the derelict WITHOUT having to first forge it.

You haven't read or try to understand the op's comment, so how is your comment even helpful?

(grumble grumble nay sayers grumble)

Edited by tprx