Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'The Sacrifice' End Game Content (Spoilers)

Only thing that really bugs me is that the tenno are effectively leaderless, commanded by a program created by ordis. So does this mean Ordis is now our 'handler' or dare I say 'leader'? Also, the lotus has left us twice with no real explanation like all these years of working together meant nothing. I know I am in the minority but I really would like my space mom back, she has left a huge vaccum that hasn't been filled. This end of the trilogy gives more questions than answers. :\

Edited by iuki.

On 2018-06-15 at 8:30 AM, Horaciozhao said:

well I think it actually answered all the questions: What's a frame? What's the tranference doing to the warframes? Who actually betrayed the Orokins? What lotus actually look like? That's all answered. But of course, they put that gigantic cliffhanger in the end which made tons of new questions

Like "is ballas actually dead?" "Will we fight lotus if she's backstabbed us?" "Do all the frames have past stories we might know of?" "Are we going to the tau system?" "Is the void going to be more relevant than the occasional drop off point in quests?"

@Mesaeux

Oh hey, I forgot about one thing.

Our Warframes are Sentient/Infested hybrids, right?

We keep talking about the possibility of there existing an old 'mind', but never consider the fact that it could just as easily be the Sentient components of the Warframe becoming self-aware, like in the Tau system.

Yay Westworld!

(then it would be: Infestation Path, Sentient Path, or Void Path)

(Hah, imagine Ordis being an artifact of Orokin Sentient Technology, then we can have Ordis along with us IN MISSION TOO!)

Edited by A-Midnight-Shanking

34 minutes ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

@Mesaeux

Oh hey, I forgot about one thing.

Our Warframes are Sentient/Infested hybrids, right?

We keep talking about the possibility of there existing an old 'mind', but never consider the fact that it could just as easily be the Sentient components of the Warframe becoming self-aware, like in the Tau system.

Yay Westworld!

(then it would be: Infestation Path, Sentient Path, or Void Path)

(Hah, imagine Ordis being an artifact of Orokin Sentient Technology, then we can have Ordis along with us IN MISSION TOO!)

Actually, warframes are human-Infestation hybrids. Sentients are immune to the Infestation, as mentioned in the Plague Star event when it's time to insert an Eidolon Phylaxis.

Now, thinking back to Ballas' Vitruvian entry, he wasn't explicitly clear when describing what hybrids actually were. Are fully infested beings not hybrids? After the infestation has progressed past a certain extent, are they considered fully infested then and what they were no longer exists? Warframes result from humans whose infestation progress was halted, so they still retain some traits of their humanity? Or was the hyrbid he was referring to Helminth? Questions, questions...

We shall see what significance the Sun-Moon meter have in the future...I think many were also disappointed to find that we still don't know what bearing that has on us. 

Ordis' dream: Join the Operator in battle. I enjoyed that part of the dialogue in Octavai's Anthem the most. 🤣

2 hours ago, Mesaeux said:

Actually, warframes are human-Infestation hybrids. Sentients are immune to the Infestation, as mentioned in the Plague Star event when it's time to insert an Eidolon Phylaxis.

Now, thinking back to Ballas' Vitruvian entry, he wasn't explicitly clear when describing what hybrids actually were. Are fully infested beings not hybrids? After the infestation has progressed past a certain extent, are they considered fully infested then and what they were no longer exists? Warframes result from humans whose infestation progress was halted, so they still retain some traits of their humanity? Or was the hyrbid he was referring to Helminth? Questions, questions...

We shall see what significance the Sun-Moon meter have in the future...I think many were also disappointed to find that we still don't know what bearing that has on us. 

Ordis' dream: Join the Operator in battle. I enjoyed that part of the dialogue in Octavai's Anthem the most. 🤣

Yeah you're right, I got a little ahead of myself when I remembered Ballas saying that the Orokin War-Machines were the kin to the Sentient. Then proceeded to talk about the infested only versions.

I mistook War-Machines for warframes.

Edited by A-Midnight-Shanking

On 2018-06-16 at 10:25 AM, Culaio said:

I cant agree with this because quest was being done for VERY long time, in devstream 74(which happen on may of 2016) they said they were activily working on whole umbra stuff, it was too long time for too little pay off, but thats not really the biggest problem, problem is that this update as a whole bringed very little playable  content and since few months ago frequency of new content(like weapons) being added to game droped(also there was no new event lately) significantly lately, I though it was because update 23, that it will bring at least few weapons to master(not just from quest but also from market/dojo to get) but it didnt, its bad that just after you finish quest you  immediately are left to wait for next content update.

This year is starting to feel like 2016, year that was very dry in content and made most of my warframe friends leave the game, out of boredom.

Problem is that DE hyped that sacrifice/umbra reveal is going to be on par with the Focus System reveal(they hyped it in devstream 74, in may 2016...), this is why people disappointed what we got with sacrifice is nowhere near focus/focus 2.0 from TSD/TWW

there have been many disappontments over the years, why moan about a small side quest, they could say the next quest/update will cure world famine, while that would soudn awesome on a devstream, common sense and history on the forums should tell you to not expect so much.  Large updates spread over a longer time frame or smaller updates released more often?  1 of those holds interest more than the other for players who havent got much to do, disregard whatever you expected, again just focus on what this small quest gave, its not half bad a quest and you get a load of stuff for virtually no work, you may have expected a big old major release but you didnt.  You still got an ok side quest tho, be happy.

7 hours ago, Pendragon1951 said:

I think the thing that bothers me is that once done with the quest, everything just goes back to normal, Ordis is his dumb self, the faux Lotus still gives us mission updates, it's like we did the quest and had no effect on the Warframe world.

why should there be any of that?  quests are just quests, if a quest happens to introduce some major new stuff then so be it, but plenty also dont, theres nothing said/written that states there should be sweeping changes or additions.

Just now, DisasterIncarnate said:

why should there be any of that?  quests are just quests, if a quest happens to introduce some major new stuff then so be it, but plenty also dont, theres nothing said/written that states there should be sweeping changes or additions.

The issue is that this was marketed as the conclusion to a trilogy. One would expect such a quest to, perhaps, CONCLUDE something.

7 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

The issue is that this was marketed as the conclusion to a trilogy. One would expect such a quest to, perhaps, CONCLUDE something.

assumption is the mother of many a mistake, thats not DE's fault tbh, even with their marketing, plans change, like in any game/company, you arent meant to critique something you dont have but expected, your meant to critique what you actually got, and what we got was sufficient, enjoyable from a story standpoint and we got a free warframe/weapon/slots and some overpowered mods..

45 minutes ago, DisasterIncarnate said:

there have been many disappontments over the years, why moan about a small side quest, they could say the next quest/update will cure world famine, while that would soudn awesome on a devstream, common sense and history on the forums should tell you to not expect so much.  Large updates spread over a longer time frame or smaller updates released more often?  1 of those holds interest more than the other for players who havent got much to do, disregard whatever you expected, again just focus on what this small quest gave, its not half bad a quest and you get a load of stuff for virtually no work, you may have expected a big old major release but you didnt.  You still got an ok side quest tho, be happy.

I wouldnt mind so much if not for the fact that this year is very lacking in content compared to previous year, many people are comparing this half of year to year 2016 which to many people was worst year warframe had because how lacking in content it was, like I said many people quite warframe in 2016, we waited a LONG time for update 23 and it sucked, it bringed very little of content, bringed some UI changes that are really BAD(DE will probably fix it with time but still, people warned DE that UI has some serious problems and DE still pushed it through) and bringed some serious bugs, like enemies randomly becoming immune to our guns.

On 2018-06-15 at 12:41 AM, LazerSkink said:

I'm satisfied with the state of Umbra, but I really don't like what happened with Ballas. I hope he isn't actually dead, I feel that'd be really a waste of a long time built up antagonist. His downfall does make sense with what we know through the synthesis imprints and Cephalon Fragments, but I really hope this isn't the end of him.

I'm doubtful the chap is legitimately dead. We haven't sucked him dry of his Oro yet, meaning he can be boxed up and shoved into a new body.

IMHO Lotus being gone, which was verified fully at the end of the quest,  should have had more of a actual impact to our day to day gaming experience. I think then the quest would have resonated more at a emotional level for me. Mind you my only critique is about the story and it's effect, not getting a free Warframe which I did appreciate.

So according to the people complaining here, DE worked on this for three years and haven't added anything to the game for six months?

I understand if people are disappointed with the sacrifice quest but acting like DE worked on this and this alone for three years is silly. As for the six months with no content....well I guess that's just a opinion now on what is and isn't content. In my opinion anything new that's added to the game is new content.

Edited by RoninJed

I had so many questions after The Sacrifice. More than I went in with.

For starters, i found the entire Apostasy thing confusing. Had Natah been mapped onto the brain of Marghulis? Was she controling her through the helmet? If so, why is Marghulis´s body incoporated into a Sentient´s shell? Was the Marghulis body her actual body or a clone? Even the entire Marghulis thing is strange. If she was executed.....how did she communicate with the Tenno without being caught and initiated the rebellion? Any guard who sees her would probably call the Dax to see what the hell is going on, that a damned dead woman is walking the halls. Any communication could be intercepted. Unless Orokin security systems are even less reliable than we know. Or did Ballas handle her execution and let her live, triggering the Rebellion in her stead and handing her to Natah to take over?

Then theres the issue of Umbra Excal. He cant be controled and is a massive public safety risk. Why was he not killed by the Orokin? Why lock him in a small room? Why on Lua, of all places? Its right next to their home world. Throw that #*!%er on Neptune. Or if you actually want to kill Umbra, which would have been far smarter, just lob him into the sun. What´s he gonna do? Slash Dash all the way to Mercury?

Why did a data storage device, in the form of the Vitruvian, affect Ordis? USB sticks dont normally mess with your operating system. Unless Ordis was messing with the Operator for S#&$s´n giggles.

Why did Natah not kill the Operator at the end? This is the kid that killed countless Sentient mooks, killed Lephantis, a lot of Grineer and Corpus mid-to-high level leaders, one of the Twin Queens, three Eidolons and wiped out Legions of foot soldiers. Murder that one and the rest wont be nearly as much trouble.

The Sacrifice did not answer any of these questions, as far as I am aware. They had a good shot to clear a lot of details up, but chose to focus on a single character. And not even an established but entirely new one.

It was pretty disapointing.

Edited by Twasta

4 hours ago, Culaio said:

I wouldnt mind so much if not for the fact that this year is very lacking in content compared to previous year, many people are comparing this half of year to year 2016 which to many people was worst year warframe had because how lacking in content it was, like I said many people quite warframe in 2016, we waited a LONG time for update 23 and it sucked, it bringed very little of content, bringed some UI changes that are really BAD(DE will probably fix it with time but still, people warned DE that UI has some serious problems and DE still pushed it through) and bringed some serious bugs, like enemies randomly becoming immune to our guns.

been here since 2013 m8, i know its been a rough ride content wise, thats why i made 2 extra accounts to do different things in 2014 to keep me occupied, like me tho you eventually just burn out esp when the new stuff you arent really interested in as much as the original gametypes/modes, just take some time off and play other things, i often take 6monthly+ breaks away, i think anyone would suffer on most games if they play it non stop adn burn through all thats can be done.

1 час назад, Twasta сказал:

Slash Dash all the way to Mercury?

Yes. Umbral Sunscreen Flame Repellent and Umbral Rage.

Awesome mental images aside, I have no idea what to think about Natah/Margulis. I assume that she have been able to take other forms in public and used Margulis image in private to manipulate Ballas (worked like a charm), gain trust/comfort Tenno (Ordis is doing just that now with his Lotus messages) or as a sign of respect to the woman those children she adopted (Sentient, different rationality)? And that she did mimic Margulis so well that Natah become caught up in that lie?

Umbra - Ballas was arrogant, mad and really wanted to torment the old Dax. Killing Umbra would be a mercy, he was not able to tell anyone about Ballas betrayal (Ballas kept Umbra away from Tenno) and as safety precaution Ballas had this paralysis restraining bolts in place. And I would not be surprised if Ballas was keeping Umbra close to see his suffering. Occasionally getting into the dungeon and informing Umbra about another family member meeting the tragic end. Misery loves company?

Vitruvian - depends what was on that USB stick. It looked like Ordis crushed and loaded in safe mod. Or had to reset to his “factory” settings.

Natah can still have some plans for Tenno. Ballas do talk about her predicting everything, being the mastermind behind... something fishy going on or still being attached to a Tenno depending on your choices. And I am not sure there that blast that Umbra saves Operator come from. By the way, murder one Tenno and others will have a definite idea about her being the enemy.

Edited by rand0mname
Spelling.

On 2018-06-17 at 9:10 AM, (PS4)Warframe2052018 said:

You are the biggest, cringiest drama queen I have ever seen. Stop farming for approvals. That's number one. Number two, your PSN doesn't make you any less anonymous than everyobody else here. Third, you threatening others because they didn't like something you like is downright dumb. If raging is bad, you should stop doing it too. Even better, GROW UP.

Thank you!

No, they actually haven't been working on this constantly since the Chinaframe assets were brought to the global build.
Umbra gets brought up during Devstream #83 - Nov. 18 2016

I'm just gonna quote a post I made in another thread:

23 hours ago, (PS4)VanTX89 said:

RE: The story not fitting ("feeling off") or being incomplete
Steve's periscope stream on June 14th
Around 4:15 Steve mentions that Umbra wasn't even supposed to be a part of The Sacrifice, but because people were so interested in Umbra, they felt the need to rework this last one to be about him, dropping the original script for The Sacrifice.

Edited by (PS4)VanTX89
Source

14 hours ago, Twasta said:

Then theres the issue of Umbra Excal. He cant be controled and is a massive public safety risk. Why was he not killed by the Orokin? Why lock him in a small room? Why on Lua, of all places? Its right next to their home world. Throw that #*!%er on Neptune. Or if you actually want to kill Umbra, which would have been far smarter, just lob him into the sun. What´s he gonna do? Slash Dash all the way to Mercury?

Pretty sure Umbra was some kind of Rogue Warframe program, created by Ballas probably unbeknownst the Seven's (or whoever was the "responsibles" for the Warframe program) knowledge. As such, I guess he had an utility if Ballas wanted to kill anyone in the galaxy for his own purpose.

14 hours ago, Twasta said:

Why did a data storage device, in the form of the Vitruvian, affect Ordis? USB sticks dont normally mess with your operating system. Unless Ordis was messing with the Operator for S#&$s´n giggles.

USB Stick with a nasty virus inside. :P

Or, Ordis is quite mentally unstable. So maybe he scanned for the Vitruvian when inserted, and he found a huge quantity of knowledge inside (I think we barely saw 1%).

On 2018-06-19 at 9:31 AM, (PS4)VanTX89 said:

No, they actually haven't been working on this constantly since the Chinaframe assets were brought to the global build.
Umbra gets brought up during Devstream #83 - Nov. 18 2016

I'm just gonna quote a post I made in another thread:

noooooooooooooooooo.... I was not  interested in Umbra... 😞