Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random enemies are invulnerable to gunfire

Yggdrazzil

As of update 23 I noticed that some enemies just don't take any damage from my gunfire. I noticed at first during today's sortie, part 3 the Lech Kril assassination.

I think they can be killed by Warframe Powers as I did the exterminate sortie with Mesa using her Peacemakers and did not encounter any invulnerable enemies with her.

I encounter invulnerable enemies quite frequently. To get this example I literally started up a Sanctuary Onslaught and within minutes encountered the first examples and started recording.

Here's two examples. Sorry for the quality but my internet connection cannot handle large file sizes so it might be a bit hard to see.. 

Example: Vectis P - 

Example: Vectis P and Akstiletto P - 

Yeah, i have no idea what causes it, but this happens very often for me - some random enemies are just get invulnerable to bullets.

atleast they're vulnerable to melee attacks and abilities

Edited by Ldezzer

Yeah, I was just about to make a topic about this as well. I feel like the hit detection for hit-scan weapons has been a bit broken by the latest update. This has happened a couple of times but the weirdest was when I was running with the corinth and only 2 pellets connected with an enemy from pretty much point blank range, a bit of a bizarre bug if you ask me.

Edited by _Heimdallr

I've noticed either the same bug or one similar; enemies that are nearly invulnerable to one weapon, typically my primary.

I say 'similar' because my usual loadout includes 3-Forma weapons. When I encounter one of these enemies against which my primary does extremely small damage, I switch to one of the other weapons, which typically do damage in a different way, and these enemies do go down faster against the different damage type.

So rather than these guys being completely invulnerable, they may just be overly-buffed against a particular type of damage.

Just did a 30 round defense a few minutes ago. Several enemies were invulnerable to Titania's Dex Pixia, so I had to either melee them with Diwata or exit Razorwing.

I had this issue before The Sacrifice dropped, but never reported it because I couldn't figure out the pattern behind it, and therefore could not replicate it and write down the instructions. Wasn't even sure if it was Titania exclusive. Guess now I know it's not.

Maybe it's just me, but I get this bug only against Corpus enemies (the 30 round defense was against the Corpus). Both of Yggdrazzil's video examples are against Corpus enemies, but something tells me that's nothing more than coincidence that only certain Corpus enemies get super armor.

FierceRadiance's findings are... interesting, though.

44 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

I've noticed either the same bug or one similar; enemies that are nearly invulnerable to one weapon, typically my primary.

I say 'similar' because my usual loadout includes 3-Forma weapons. When I encounter one of these enemies against which my primary does extremely small damage, I switch to one of the other weapons, which typically do damage in a different way, and these enemies do go down faster against the different damage type.

So rather than these guys being completely invulnerable, they may just be overly-buffed against a particular type of damage.

No. There is a bug with being unable to damage enemies at all with rifle/pistol (this is based off my tiberon prime/Lato vandal). No damage numbers are showing when the enemy is supposed to be taking damage.

I'm having the same bug too with Tiberon Prime. It's as if some enemies don't have hitboxes when I'm shooting them point blank (no chance of missing) but if I switch to the side arm or melee, I see numbers. Tiberon Prime no hit, everything else direct hit (on some enemies, I'd say about 10-15% of enemies). Btw, this happened to me on PoE. Didn't test the procedural mission maps.

2 hours ago, Fazel412 said:

Just did a 30 round defense a few minutes ago. Several enemies were invulnerable to Titania's Dex Pixia, so I had to either melee them with Diwata or exit Razorwing.

I had this issue before The Sacrifice dropped, but never reported it because I couldn't figure out the pattern behind it, and therefore could not replicate it and write down the instructions. Wasn't even sure if it was Titania exclusive. Guess now I know it's not.

Maybe it's just me, but I get this bug only against Corpus enemies (the 30 round defense was against the Corpus). Both of Yggdrazzil's video examples are against Corpus enemies, but something tells me that's nothing more than coincidence that only certain Corpus enemies get super armor.

FierceRadiance's findings are... interesting, though.

Just to clear this up, I noticed it first while doing the Lech Krill assassination sortie, vs Grineer. You are correct in assuming that it's not faction bound. 

5 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

This belongs in the bug forums. I think it may have something to do with the radiation proc. Somehow the enemy while irradiated is treated as an ally hence can't be damaged for a short time. But that is just speculation, hope this bug gets fixed soon.

Yeah you are right, I posted it there as well after someone else mentioned that.

I had this happen with a Soma Prime while I was on Khora. My friend and I were on Outer Terminus (Pluto), I would use my Strangledome, and when the enemies fell either due to a nullify field, or the duration running out they sometimes would be immune to primary weapons, but melee worked just fine, and Ventari could kill them just fine also.

Had this happen to me too with my Burston Prime. Never had happen before the Sacrifice Update before but happen after it drop. it happen often enough to become a bothersome. I just got back from burnout and now it's hard having fun with this bug. Do hope they fix it soon.

Same problem here, i think it has nothing to do with the enemy-types, used warframes or used primaries/secondaries, can happen on everything.

Never had this issue before the update, but now it happens quiet frequently... was confused at first and thought i didnt see a frostbubble in my way or s.th. like that ^^

saw it happening multiple times recently, it seems that at least some abilties that change enemy 'state' can fix it, like for example freezing enemy, made it possible to shot enemy again, I could be wrong about this, since I was freezing multiple enemy and I could have mixed up who was immune to gun fire.

Vectis? Had trouble with it in the sortie yesterday when hits wouldnt register. Now, I'm not a great shot but that was really obvious hits. I chalked it off due to me using Banshee and using sonic boom on them / combined with maybe bad connection to the host.