Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opt out for Volt's Speed!!

malekas

Just now, LSG501 said:

except those that don't want to go fast...

The main complaint was that backflipping every 10s is annoying and that they don't want to have to do it so often in such a short time span. So i provided a solution that should cater especially to those who don't want to go fast.

16 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

The main complaint was that backflipping every 10s is annoying and that they don't want to have to do it so often in such a short time span. So i provided a solution that should cater especially to those who don't want to go fast.

if in the case of exterminate missions, or other short missions, a volt speed buff will greatly increase the effectiveness of the team, and the goal set of the mission will be completed in a time much faster than if there was no speed volt. If other players wish not to partake in the buff cast by the volt, then a back flip will usually allow enough time for the volt to be out of range, leaving you speedless and free to do the mission at your own pace. 

If in the case that the mission time is another mission type, one that is longer, say a survival or defense, you could simply ask the volt to not cast his second ability, however, truth be told, increased mobility allows you to more effectively dodge incoming attacks from the enemy while also giving you more ways to deal damage in the form of reload speed buff and melee attack speed buff. 

TL;DR- backflipping once or twice is a small price to pay for such a valuable buff, and asking for it to not affect your teammates because you don't wish to backflip is like asking everyone not to drive because you don't like seatbelts.

Wear your seatbelts, learn to backflip

Edited by --Q--Phanini

5 minutes ago, --Q--Phanini said:

best part is that once you backflip once, the speed volt is already out of range, therefore the player who dislikes speed buff won't get the buff. 

Not necessarily, the volt could just as well be busy shooting enemies instead of running forward. Or it could be a defense mission. Anything is possible.

Still awaiting proper reasons as to why my proposed idea wouldn't be a good thing for everyone involved.

Edited by IceColdHawk

3 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

So let's make it easier for people with a lack of mobility skills to not faceplant. 

lets also make it easier for people who can't aim by using aimbots

1 minute ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

So let's make it easier for people with a lack of mobility skills to not faceplant. 

We already have:

1 hour ago, --Q--Voltage said:

"Allies can backflip to remove Speed if they wish to opt-out."

There is an opt-out. Whether people use it or not is not Volt's issue or Digital Extremes'.

18 minutes ago, --Q--Phanini said:

if in the case of exterminate missions, or other short missions, a volt speed buff will greatly increase the effectiveness of the team, and the goal set of the mission will be completed in a time much faster than if there was no speed volt. If other players wish not to partake in the buff cast by the volt, then a back flip will usually allow enough time for the volt to be out of range, leaving you speedless and free to do the mission at your own pace. 

What do i know...not everyone likes to save time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 minutes ago, --Q--Phanini said:

Allowing people to opt out of Volt's speed semi-permanently is not anything at all like aimbots. An aimbot is nothing but a benefit. Volt's speed buff is objectively that, a buff. Allowing people to opt out of it because they have problems with it is not a buff, it is allowing them to not use a buff. There's a difference. Yes, allowing them to deny the buff in a way that doesn't change their gameplay at all can increase their effectiveness, but it won't be as effective as if they used the buff without issue. The correct comparison is "Let's make a Warframe with an aimbot ability, but let people choose not to use it."

15 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

We already have:

There is an opt-out. Whether people use it or not is not Volt's issue or Digital Extremes'.

We have one, therefore it is good and okay and objectively the best it can be? We also have a solution for trolls, going solo or with people you know are okay to play with. That goes for leechers too. And nuke frames that are objectively broken. That doesn't mean DE shouldn't fix them, having a solution does not mean we have a good solution. Considering the penalty for being afk, the Limbo Stasis change, and all nukeframe changes, it's obvious that DE doesn't want a solution, they want a good solution. So if some people think backflipping isn't a good solution, they should be allowed to tell DE that because DE has already made it clear that this is the kind of thing they'd care about.

14 минут назад, --Q--Voltage сказал:

This is due to a lack of mobility skills, not the inherent nature of Volt's Speed.

But actually, those, who have no problems with "mobility skills" just don't need to use speed Volt in Exterminate\Capture missions.

9 минут назад, --Q--Phanini сказал:

Lets also make it easier for people who can't do such elementary things as exterminate\capture missions without speed Volt. 

Like clanmates, fanatically protecting here their favorite toy, which annoys a lot of people.

1 minute ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

But actually, those, who have no problems with "mobility skills" just don't need to use speed Volt in Exterminate\Capture missions.

Lets also make it easier for people who can't do such elementary things as exterminate\capture missions without speed Volt. 

Like clanmates, fanatically protecting here their favorite toy, which annoys a lot of people.

there's a clear, simple, and wondrously easy solution to your problem

BACKFLIP

if there's a tool to opt out of a buff you personally find annoying, use it. Don't expect every volt you see to change their playstyle because you don't like it, don't expect DE to nerf or change it because you refuse to use the opt out option

6 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

So if some people think backflipping isn't a good solution

49 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

How about just increasing the base duration to 20s? Then you wouldn't have to do a backflip "every 10s". And volt players don't have to mod for flow or efficiency as much anymore. Win-win for everyone.

2 minutes ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

Very bad comparison...

There's a huge difference between "needing something to pass a thing" and "making advantageous use of actual ingame content to speed things up" Why waste 5 mins for an exterminate (that you've played over a thousand times already) when you can do it under 2?

27 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

We have one, therefore it is good and okay and objectively the best it can be? We also have a solution for trolls, going solo or with people you know are okay to play with. That goes for leechers too. And nuke frames that are objectively broken. That doesn't mean DE shouldn't fix them, having a solution does not mean we have a good solution. Considering the penalty for being afk, the Limbo Stasis change, and all nukeframe changes, it's obvious that DE doesn't want a solution, they want a good solution. So if some people think backflipping isn't a good solution, they should be allowed to tell DE that because DE has already made it clear that this is the kind of thing they'd care about.

I am not claiming that a back flip is the optimal solution. It actually disrupts gameplay quite a bit. I am simply showing those who claim "I can't disable Volt speed" that they are blatantly wrong. If you read my earlier post, I agree that a better solution should be reached as per:

On 2018-06-21 at 11:47 AM, --Q--Voltage said:

I would support a better opt-out if it was something I wouldn't do on accident while performing parkour maneuvers.

This comment is from page 2 of this same thread. I firmly believe that options to disable buffs is nonsensical given that no one complains of Turbulence, Warframes with an augment for Elemental Damage, etc. This "issue" is strictly due to lack of adaptability and is easily remedied with a simple back flip. Is it perfect? Of course not. An improved opt-out would still have the same people complaining because they feel Volt would be dictating their play style. I don't want Volt ruined like many other Warframes because of the "it ruins my experience" argument. If we had proper matchmaking, you wouldn't be complaining about Volt because those players would not be lobbied with you.

23 minutes ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

Players who have no problem with mobility skills would also have no problem with a Volt buff. If you have a problem with Volt's speed buff, then you do in fact have a problem with your mobility skills.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

Только что, --Q--Voltage сказал:

Players who have no problem with mobility skills would also have no problem with a Volt buff. If you have a problem with Volt's speed buff, then you do in fact have a problem with your mobility skills.

If I said that it's annoying, it does not mean that I have any problems. 

But it would be much comfortable, if your Volt's 2 wouldn't affect everyone else in squad.

Most players doesn't enjoy when speed Volt addicts is public force them to use poor "shift+w" gameplay with shaking screen.

25 минут назад, --Q--Phanini сказал:

solution to your problem

I don't have any "problems" at all and i easy adapt to any new changes. 

But this doesn't negate the fact that objectively Volt's 2 skill is a cancer. 

Volt is forcing other players to adapt to his playstyle. But not others force Volt to do something.

And it's annoying to huge amount of people.

The only reason this bug still not fixed is that the number of disaffected did not reach critical mass.

But everything has it's time.

2 minutes ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

The only reason this bug still not fixed is that the number of disaffected did not reach critical mass.

Your opinion cannot also be an objective, fact driven statement. You believe Volt will infect you with a terminal illness, but that does not mean it affects everyone this way.

This is no bug. It is entirely intentional for Volt to buff allies in range with a sprint and reload speed modifier. It is also intentional that a back flip disables this buff. Discomfort from players to cause change is not always a good way to enforce good changes. Constructive disagreements are helpful. Mindless ranting and moaning is not.

3 minutes ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

That's not a fact, it's an opinion. And therefore you're objectively wrong.

4 minutes ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

Volt is forcing other players to adapt to his playstyle. But not others force Volt to do something.

No he isn't, not as long as you can opt out. Furthermore, many frames can alter the battlefield in different ways. Frost can stop you from shooting enemies inside the globe should you be outside of the globe, Limbo is self explanatory, Trinity can make you forget about having to be aware and less facetanking due to heal and damage reduction, Banshee can allow every enemy on the map to take millions of damage maybe you don't want to overkill your enemies, Excalibur and Inaros can make you do finishers at your enemies instead of hitting them with your combo, Mag can make all your shots fly towards the center of a bubble instead of where you actually wanted to aim and hit something etc. etc.

That's the nature of coop gaming. You either get around random players joining you and playing whatever they heart desired, regardless of you having demanded it or not or you learn to play with recruited and more coordinated groups or solo. Volt is nothing more but a helpful assistance yet you have to be so adamantly against it when there's already options available to prevent or opt out of them. It all boils down to a personal problem instead of a design problem, really.

11 minutes ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

How is this a bug? It's working as intended...

4 минуты назад, --Q--Voltage сказал:

Your opinion cannot also be an objective, fact driven statement. You believe Volt will infect you with a terminal illness, but that does not mean it affects everyone this way.

My opinion is absolutely objective, because Volt is forcing other players to adapt to his playstyle. 

He is forcing others to use backflips as much times as he spams his 2 skill.

At the same time, your opinion is nothing more than an attempt to protect your toy. 

Just a typical speed Volt fanboy's arguments like "use backflips...etc". Nothing to talk about.

12 минут назад, IceColdHawk сказал:

Frost can stop you from shooting enemies inside the globe should you be outside of the globe, Limbo is self explanatory, Trinity can make you forget about having to be aware and less facetanking due to heal and damage reduction, Banshee can allow every enemy on the map to take millions of damage maybe you don't want to overkill your enemies, Excalibur and Inaros can make you do finishers at your enemies instead of hitting them with your combo, Mag can make all your shots fly towards the center of a bubble instead of where you actually wanted to aim and hit something etc. etc.

It's demagogy and very bad comparison. 

All these frames need to try very hard to be a cancer to other players.

But speed Volt's addict just pushes the 2 at the very beginning and ...  gameplay changes.

For teammates.

5 minutes ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

My opinion is absolutely objective, because Volt is forcing other players to adapt to his playstyle. 

He is forcing others to use backflips as much times as he spams his 2 skill.

At the same time, your opinion is nothing more than an attempt to protect your toy. 

Just a typical speed Volt fanboy's arguments like "use backflips...etc". Nothing to talk about.

Every Warframe can force you into certain situations. It is up to you as a player to either find a better lobby, or you have to adapt with what is happening within the mission. He does not force you to use back flips, you choose to use back flips.

Attempting to insult my point of view does nothing to help your point of discussion. Dismissing my opinion because you have yet to say anything other than "my opinion is absolutely objective" does not present any helpful information regarding the Speed buff.

I play Nova almost exclusively. I just don't mind Volt because I improved my sense of parkour and adapted to how a max strength Volt affects my maneuvers. Now that Volt can reach 347% strength, I had to again ever so slightly adjust my maneuvers while I have Speed active. You just need to use back flips, leave the game, or improve on your mobility while buffed with Speed.

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

You just need to use back flips, leave the game, or improve on your mobility while buffed with Speed.

Apparently that's too much to ask for in an action game.

I wouldn't even mind that much if proposed "solutions" wouldn't nerf volt players for petty reasons. Anyway, i gave my 2 cents and even offered a solution that shouldn't harm anyone and if that is also not enough, then have fun getting annoyed by volt players for lacking the ability to overcome is all i got left for you.

4 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Yes, calibration takes time. You would think players would have adjusted over the years. I know I have through my experience with Trials and 333% Volt (now 347% but basically the same) as well as countless fast fissures.

This sentence just says "adapt to your situation". I don't see how changing a BUFF should be necessary. You don't see people complaining that Zephyr ruins their flow or how Fireball adds unnecessary heat damage, so why should Speed be changed?

It is jarring to me that no one can perform a backflip to opt out. By the time you opt out of the speed once, the Volt will be way ahead of you and out of range.

Just because people don't use the opt out we have doesn't mean we should change the fundamentals behind a buff of all things.

Coming across kinda strawmany.

Technically there isn't an opt out, back flip simply deactivates it. An opt out, which many are asking for, would stop you receiving it in the first place. 

Regardless I've never asked, suggested or implied a direct change to the ability. My main suggestion has in fact been a chat command, something virtually impossible to do by accident.

I can perform a backflip, but I have also already stated that the issue lies not in exterminates where the Volt will rush off, but Defence and Survival missions where you stick together for loot and xp. Even SO can be an issue.

A backflip is also simply not an adequate solution anyway. Speed not only disrupts my movement but breaks my weapon stance, it's not unreasonable to not want to perform a backflip every time I want my weapon to be usable.

Simply put, the ability is clearly a controversial "buff". Whilst it may benefit you there's plenty of people who don't agree that it's a buff, and asking for an adequate opt out doesn't harm the ability in the slightest.

2 hours ago, --Q--Phanini said:

TL;DR- backflipping once or twice is a small price to pay for such a valuable buff, and asking for it to not affect your teammates because you don't wish to backflip is like asking everyone not to drive because you don't like seatbelts. 

It's not a price to pay to get a buff it's a cost to get rid of something you don't want.

I do not want it to stop affecting teammates, I want it to not affect me.

Speed isn't a safety device and I'm not asking anyone to not use it.

I love Volt speed, especially when I'm on a slow warframe and especially if I happen to be running around as Nezha! If there's a volt in my squad that doesn't use speed, I literally, like a 5yr old, keep running up to them and running in circles to get them to use it! Also, in Sanctuary Onslaught, a Volt makes it 50% (my guess-timate) more viable for squishy frames to participate. I remember when I used to find it annoying, but now I'm so grateful for it and it makes melee'g extremely exciting!

That's just my opinion, which does not invalidate yours. I agree a backflip is not reliable, but perhaps toggling sprint twice after acquiring the buff might be more reliable. On PS4, performing the steps for a backflip are not reliable in my experience; that is, they don't always result in a backflip.