Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tau System

Xemgoa

So... The Sentients... The Tau System... and a particular Warframe that excels in slaying them.

From what information we can get about the Sentients themselves and the mention of this Tau System they are likely to reside in, this place the Sentients describes as a beautiful place...

Any speculations that we might see more Sentient types? Perhaps visit an entirely new solar system? Think the Sentients, as a collective, won't be too happy with us being there?

Or will there be factions amongst the Sentients, most are riled up by our presence if we can visit a new system - the Sentient Tau system, but some might need our help, or we can help them, for varying affects on how their solar system develops and grows?

Are the Sentients as complex as the humans of our solar system, with each their own ideas, perspectives, and motivations? Or they all obey to one "head" of the whole group?

Edited by Xemgoa

We'll see more. They've been saying for awhile that they have been planning on us leaving the Sol system and heading somewhere else to expand the game.

Based on what we know now, it's pretty clear that it's the Tau system and that that their original intent was to release the Umbra frames when we got to Tau.

Edited by Ceryk

Cool!

Does this mean we could also be seeing other solar systems? Or did they say Tau was all they had planned for the time?

I'm not knocking the idea, but then again I imagine a solar system dominated solely/mostly by Sentients is a very difficult place.Though how they socialize amongst each other is a mystery.

Edited by Xemgoa

4 minutes ago, Xemgoa said:

Cool!

Does this mean we could also be seeing other solar systems? Or did they say Tau was all they had planned for the time?

I'm not knocking the idea, but then again I imagine a solar system dominated solely/mostly by Sentients its a very difficult place.

They've never actually specified a location, just that the plan was to add another solar system besides Sol. But, let's be honest, there's only one reason the Tenno would ever have to leave Sol and that's to go after the Sentients. It's been awhile since they've talked about it, but I have a vague recollection of them saying that it would be a higher level area... Don't quote me on that though. And I'm almost starting to wonder if they started actually working on it secretly, because they showed us the Clan Solar Ships at TennoCon and honestly, that's the most logical way for us  to get to Tau. It's unlikely that our Orbiter has the ability to move that far without some kind of assistance... Man, that would be funny if they were like "Well, you know we were working on The Sacrifice and Venus, but surprise! You're going to Tau!" lol

But as for some of your other questions, been thinking about it. I'm sure that the lower down on the command Sentients are probably largely just drones that obey commands. But as we know, the ones at the top of the command are capable of not following orders if they don't want to. And unless there is some Super Sentient we don't know about, I'd imagine all the high level ones probably do have their own motivations. The Natah certainly did, so maybe we'll get there and there will be a friendly Sentient. But again, maybe there is some super hive mind and by being in Sol, she was far enough from the signal that she didn't have to obey anymore.

TIL that Cetus is a constellation and Tau Ceti is one of its stars, thanks to this thread and my insomnia.

I'm curious to see if Hun How's consciousness is still around and hoping there's some sort of confrontation between him and the Lotus. Perhaps by the time we get to this system he will already be there in some new form. I'm just hoping and speculating all of this. It would be cool if there was a counter group to the acolytes with names like : Love, Hope, Elation, etc. If they do indeed place a new system, there's so much possibility and an opportunity to tie up loose lore ends.

3 hours ago, Ceryk said:

They've never actually specified a location, just that the plan was to add another solar system besides Sol. But, let's be honest, there's only one reason the Tenno would ever have to leave Sol and that's to go after the Sentients. It's been awhile since they've talked about it, but I have a vague recollection of them saying that it would be a higher level area... Don't quote me on that though. And I'm almost starting to wonder if they started actually working on it secretly, because they showed us the Clan Solar Ships at TennoCon and honestly, that's the most logical way for us  to get to Tau. It's unlikely that our Orbiter has the ability to move that far without some kind of assistance... Man, that would be funny if they were like "Well, you know we were working on The Sacrifice and Venus, but surprise! You're going to Tau!" lol

DE already said a couple of times on devstreams they were working on secret projects besides the sacrifice and venus. And with the implementation of new sentient damage/resistance, I'm really hopeful one of the big reveals at tennocon would be Tau coming sooner than we think (realy wish so). One can dream!

3 hours ago, Kiwinille said:

DE already said a couple of times on devstreams they were working on secret projects besides the sacrifice and venus. And with the implementation of new sentient damage/resistance, I'm really hopeful one of the big reveals at tennocon would be Tau coming sooner than we think (realy wish so). One can dream!

I really don't think that the Tau System is going to arrive before the Venus free roam area, but I can see them at least talking a lot more about both this year.

32 minutes ago, JDragonkin said:

I really don't think that the Tau System is going to arrive before the Venus free roam area, but I can see them at least talking a lot more about both this year.

Nah I didn't mean THAT soon. I mean that sooner than we thought, as in, it's already being worked on instead of just being a project they want to do in the future.
If they're making a whole new starchart for sentient tilesets, that will take a long while, probably longer than PoE/Venus would take. So knowing that it's already being worked on (as a secret project) instead of just being a concept, would be a huge reveal.

Edited by Kiwinille

Fair enough points.

I don't usually assume certain things about the races presence in the game, like the Sentients, since I assume that as much as they are a race of folks who just hate the Orokin and wish to remove them before they are removed themselves, albeit like us - they went too far.

(Let's face it, I like Lotus and she helped me out to develop and be able to be independant... but she, like Ballas too... are flawed. So I expect no different from the Sentients.)

I think tau is going to be the only other solar system we get. that is unless warframe last for another 5-10 years and DE wants to continue making content for it and they cant think of anymore content for sentient.

When the tau system is released id assume they just add planets and tile sets to that, just like they did with sol for the last 5 years. 

4 hours ago, JDragonkin said:

Before probably not but Tau is undoubtedly the next big thing and my money is on it's the "big secret project" they kept mentioning on the last two(?) devstreams. 

They'll definitely be talking about it, cause I'm reasonably certain it is going to be the "big" Tennocon reveal cause there isn't much else they can show off that we don't already explicitly know is a thing. I mean they'll definitely cover Venus in a lot more detail at Tennocon but it's not going to be a surprise or shocker to anyone. 

no its not the outpost its space grandma, well this is a wild guess but after sacrifice you know that sentients were machines made for terraforming of tau system , so maybe space grandmother is something similar too the titania altar but in tau and took control of the sentients. so maybe next quest is deathstar warframe version

I almost thought this was talking about Tau in Warhammer.

14 hours ago, Xemgoa said:

So... The Sentients... The Tau System... and a particular Warframe that excels in slaying them.

From what information we can get about the Sentients themselves and the mention of this Tau System they are likely to reside in, this place the Sentients describes as a beautiful place...

Any speculations that we might see more Sentient types? Perhaps visit an entirely new solar system? Think the Sentients, as a collective, won't be too happy with us being there?

Or will there be factions amongst the Sentients, most are riled up by our presence if we can visit a new system - the Sentient Tau system, but some might need our help, or we can help them, for varying affects on how their solar system develops and grows?

Are the Sentients as complex as the humans of our solar system, with each their own ideas, perspectives, and motivations? Or they all obey to one "head" of the whole group?

We will definitely see more Sentient types, 
(Spoilers for Sacrifice below)

Spoiler

We're almost definitely going to see some sort of Sentient soon. Natah is now a different type of Sentient and the Mimics were also introduced.

We will almost definitely see a Tau system because of what Natah says, "Mother, I'm coming home." . We're going to have to go in, and they aren't going to be happy that their "killers" are there.

The Sentients are probably more complex, since the Orokin did create them and their pieces (e.g. Battalyst) are all controlled to one entity, e.g. Hunhow.

I don't think we'll be going to Tau anytime soon. DE has their hands full with the Venus Freeroam map as is. And a whole other solar system means multiple planets. And not just that, those places need their own tilesets that are unique to Sentient architecture and life. It would make siltch all sense to go there and be fighting on Corpus ships unless the story goes that the Tenno are essentially late to the party, that the Corpus and/or Grineer have been doing incursions into Tau for a while now. Which just doesn't sit right with me. 

Basically, the closest thing to actual Tau system we can get right now is in my opinion the teased interstellar hulk fragments that the Sentients used to go from one star to the other.

Also, these slowly regrowing and repairing massive fragments of ships would also be the perfect setting for a new Dark Sector mode. Makes sense on all levels. They are out in the "Dark space" between stars and so far enough to need solar rails to get to. Outside of the sphere of influence of other factions, likely containing valuable tech and resources alien or rare to the Origin system (alternate source for Eidolon shards and the like?). Not to mention Umbra came with mods SPECIFIC to fighting Sentients that we can normally only encounter in pairs on Lua. It all lines up quite well, in my opinion. 

I kind of feel that people are jumping the gun with the assumption of Tau System coming up next.   What do we know?:

Spoiler

- The Lotus (as Natah) was a sentient created by Hunhow to infiltrate the Orokin and control the Tenno
- Hunhow referred to her as his "daughter", which makes him her dad.
- Hunhow was already in the Origin system at the time when he created Lotus, so her home isn't Tau.   Hunhow wouldn't have been able to return to Tau, create Natah, and bring her back.  More likely, her "home" is the ship(s) or fortress used by the Sentients to come back to the Origin system from Tau.
- Some lore suggests that Sentients reproduce by duplicating parts of themselves, basically making a copy
- So if Natah is basically a copy of Hunhow, how does she have a mother?
- We also know Ballas provided "information" to Hunhow which was used to create Natah
- We also know Natah/Lotus has much of Margulis' personality and memory installed.  Presumably this is the information Ballas provided - but how (did he have a Cephalon copy of Margulis or something else)?   This is how she was able to take human form (Mimic powers) and infiltrate Orokin society, and what caused her to care for the Tenno and save them instead of destroying them.
- So... wouldn't that make Margulis the Lotus' mother?

Which makes me think that the Lotus is now heading for the ship(s) / fortress which the Sentients used to return from Tau, and that she expects, somehow, to find Margulis there.   Perhaps as a returned Orokin form (maybe the price for the deal Ballas made with Hunhow?), or perhaps as some kind of Cephalon?   Or maybe in some new body obtained through Continuity or a combination of Continuity and Transference.   Regardless, this would mean the most likely next area to open up after Venus would be the sentient fortress... and maybe at some later point we'd see Tau.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Edited by Zgwortz
Clarified some points

1 hour ago, Zgwortz said:

I kind of feel that people are jumping the gun with the assumption of Tau System coming up next.   What do we know?:

Hide contents

- The Lotus (as Natah) was a sentient created by Hunhow to infiltrate the Orokin and control the Tenno
- Hunhow referred to her as his "daughter", which makes him her dad.
- Hunhow was already in the Origin system at the time when he created Lotus, so her home isn't Tau.   Hunhow wouldn't have been able to return to Tau, create Natah, and bring her back.  More likely, her "home" is the ship(s) or fortress used by the Sentients to come back to the Origin system from Tau.
- Some lore suggests that Sentients reproduce by duplicating parts of themselves, basically making a copy
- So if Natah is basically a copy of Hunhow, how does she have a mother?
- We also know Ballas provided "information" to Hunhow which was used to create Natah
- We also know Natah/Lotus has much of Margulis' personality and memory installed.  Presumably this is the information Ballas provided - but how (did he have a Cephalon copy of Margulis or something else)?   This is how she was able to take human form (Mimic powers) and infiltrate Orokin society, and what caused her to care for the Tenno and save them instead of destroying them.
- So... wouldn't that make Margulis the Lotus' mother?

Which makes me think that the Lotus is now heading for the ship(s) / fortress which the Sentients used to return from Tau, and that she expects, somehow, to find Margulis there.   Perhaps as a returned Orokin form (maybe the price for the deal Ballas made with Hunhow?), or perhaps as some kind of Cephalon?   Or maybe in some new body obtained through Continuity or a combination of Continuity and Transference.   Regardless, this would mean the most likely next area to open up after Venus would be the sentient fortress... and maybe at some later point we'd see Tau.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

I agree with him. I don't think we'll see Tau System soon, but something relationed to sentients? A new tileset/map/zone? Yes, full of sentients. But not a whole solar system yet. Yet

I dunno about any if that but I can tell ya I'm ready to go, can slice and dice lvl 150 sentient suckers in under like 10 seconds so my body is ready!  Mods are maxed, rivens are what I want them to be, still gotta work on my operator though.  I'm excited to see what comes next 🙂 lucky we only gotta wait 2 weeks!