Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With POE Being As Big As It Is Already,And Fortuna Expected To Be Even Bigger,RIP all Low End Systems and Prop Most Mid End Systems As Well

TasteVengence

Fortuna looks amazeing the ability to make your own special primarys/secondarys is super cool,im more stressed out now on how the optimization is gonna be if POE is like what 4x smaller in terms of distance what POE is 4 x 4 km and Fortuna is gonna be what 16 x 16 + the ship-ship combat as well and how performance playing single player is so much better vs multiplayer.
Now some will say "oh just upgrade your PC" well guess what some of us cant eather they 1:dont have a job or 2:needs that money for rent,student loans,food or is just strugleing to make ends meet

not everyone can afford a I9 CPU 128 GB of RAM and 2 1080TI's <-- i cant eather,but i wish i could

12 minutes ago, TasteVengence said:

Fortuna looks amazeing the ability to make your own special primarys/secondarys is super cool,im more stressed out now on how the optimization is gonna be if POE is like what 4x smaller in terms of distance what POE is 4 x 4 km and Fortuna is gonna be what 16 x 16 + the ship-ship combat as well and how performance playing single player is so much better vs multiplayer.
Now some will say "oh just upgrade your PC" well guess what some of us cant eather they 1:dont have a job or 2:needs that money for rent,student loans,food or is just strugleing to make ends meet

not everyone can afford a I9 CPU 128 GB of RAM and 2 1080TI's <-- i cant eather,but i wish i could

Well, there is no doubt that eventually some systems will fall behind. There's no reason the entire community should be held back because someone is unable to upgrade their system.

On the plus side--if they can get it to run on a Switch, it will probably work on a lot of systems.

i can run POE with 40-60 FPS when playing solo,im just stressed due to the size of the map, and the fact that frame rate in solo is way better then frame rate in multiplayer im just worryed that when it comes to the whole ship-ship combat and it being multiplayer on how its gonna perform,or can one person manage everything when it comes to the whole ship-ship combat?

7 minutes ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

Every time an expansion comes around Steve makes sure everyone can run it. Don’t worry, you won’t be left out of the fun bro. 

oh dear that is pushing it a bit far. I love expansions but i feel no need to lie outright about it.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

Every time an expansion comes around Steve makes sure everyone can run it. Don’t worry, you won’t be left out of the fun bro. 

I mean....he does what he can....but there's only so much he can do, what with him being human....supposedly.

12 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

Well, there is no doubt that eventually some systems will fall behind. There's no reason the entire community should be held back because someone is unable to upgrade their system.

On the plus side--if they can get it to run on a Switch, it will probably work on a lot of systems.

On the opposite side if you upgrade in leaps and bounds, such as two open worlds, without optimization then you lose a majority of the community and hard line potential new players. It's not about holding back or making sure it runs on a potatoe. For the optimal amount of users it's imperative that developers keep a balance between high and low end users. You can increase the quality if you have the parts but you can still play it if you don't. Luckily for us DE is excellent at optimizing.

You cant expect DE to limit what theyre doing with the game just because some people have toasters. The game is evolving, your system should evolve with it. Constant complaining about systems requirements for games from people with toasters makes me wonder why theyre on this platform to begin with. I also hate the "not everyone can afford -insert current high end hardware-" crap, you dont need that to play this game or any game.

Edited by LordPantaloonsthe3rd

6 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

You cant expect DE to limit what theyre doing with the game just because some people have toasters. The game is evolving, your system should evolve with it. Constant complaining about systems requirements for games from people with toasters makes me wonder why theyre on this platform to begin with. I also hate the "not everyone can afford -insert current high end hardware-" crap, you dont need that to play this game or any game.

you kinda do need -current high end hardware- with the amount of memory leaks in POE and how warframe can use 4-5 GB of ram + the AI being highly CPU intensive meaning more mobs = less frames is the reason why playing solo gives so much better perfomance over multiplayer because theres less mobs and less partical effects and what not.
me personaly i can play warframe just fine solo on medium settings,but when i want to join a friend or a public group frame rate becomes sub-par,not what i expect, if i get 60 frames constent solo i expect 60 frames in a group, just imagine on how people with computers even lower end then what i have imagine how they feel mabey they only get 30 frames solo imagine when they want to join a group and play at 20 frames or less

hopefully DE can bring multiplayer optimization up to par with single player optimization that is what i want most from DE

58 minutes ago, TasteVengence said:

that is just insane overkill. an AMD 970 BE cpu with 16GB of ram and 1 290x gpu still runs most games on max.. i built this thing nearly 6 years ago.

Just now, Leland_Gaunt said:

Yeah, that's the RAM-usage of your video card, not your general RAM.

Ah--I suspected that. I'm glad to hear it, really. I was mad that I had all this RAM that was apparently not being used 

Although that is true of my video card too. 😞

16 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

My in-game display of RAM usage never goes above 1GB. Is that showing something different?

Alt Tab + open task manager while out on the planes would prop go up to 3 mabey 4 and if a leak happens expect to see 5-6 GB used just by warframe

From what I know in PoE, only parts of the map that are close to the player loads, not the whole area at once. As long as they keep this same thing in Venus, I dont see any reason we would get lower fps unless we are moving super fast. Am I missing something?

My Laptop could run games like Doom or Rise of the Tomb Raider and Warframe is only Graphic intensive at POE ( probably because of the Earth Rework). I wouldn’t imagine it being intensive at Fortana since Venus is already more stable.

8 hours ago, TasteVengence said:

you kinda do need -current high end hardware- with the amount of memory leaks in POE and how warframe can use 4-5 GB of ram + the AI being highly CPU intensive meaning more mobs = less frames is the reason why playing solo gives so much better perfomance over multiplayer because theres less mobs and less partical effects and what not.
me personaly i can play warframe just fine solo on medium settings,but when i want to join a friend or a public group frame rate becomes sub-par,not what i expect, if i get 60 frames constent solo i expect 60 frames in a group, just imagine on how people with computers even lower end then what i have imagine how they feel mabey they only get 30 frames solo imagine when they want to join a group and play at 20 frames or less

hopefully DE can bring multiplayer optimization up to par with single player optimization that is what i want most from DE

4-5Gb of ram isnt high end I have 4GB of RAM in my $200 HP Stream which is about as low end as you can get without getting a tablet(and it cant even run the game in the orbiter). 5 years ago 8GB was high end but now 8GB is standard and the rest of the requirements to play the game are tame. Expecting the same frame rate(with an underpowered system) in a squad with more enemies as you get in solo with less is stupid. More enemies means more AI which means more processing which means you need better hardware thats how it works in EVERY game, expecting the same performance is unreasonable.

Of course DE is going to optimize the game as much as they can but expecting them to maintain the same system requirements that they maintained for years and advance the scale and quality of the game is quite frankly stupid and unfair to not only DE but to the people who have better systems. Why should the people who have adequate systems get held back by the people who dont?

Its pretty simple, If you cant run the game there are other games to play. I feel for the people who cant I spent my time in the trenches, once upon a time I played games with 1.5GB of RAM an E4400 and a GT 210 512MB but I rolled with it. I went and played games that I could run and once I could get a better system I came back to play the games that I couldnt run before. Thats how the PC works, DE has clearly demonstrated that they want to expand the scale of the game, you should take that as an indication that you should do the same with your PC.

Keep up or get left behind