The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please explain to me again why I can't transfer my account.

(XBOX)Haesis X

Why do I have the same Fortnite account on my XOne, Switch and PC, with the same level, all my gear etc. and why isn't this possible on this game? Considering the massive grind that this game require, I just can't start all over again on my new computer. I've started playing on Xbox because my computer broke at the time and now I feel f*cked. People say it's about Microsoft not wanting to lose money, but they think differently for a game like Fortnite?

Please just let me have my account, on which I have passed a lot of time and spent a lot of money, where I want it to be used.

From the Community Inbox

Q: Can I move my Playstation / Xbox One account to PC? Can I move my PC account to Playstation / Xbox One?

A: Warframe accounts can’t be transferred between platforms. There are technical barriers that prevent us from being able to move accounts between console and PC. In the past, we offered account migration between PC and PS4. We later did the same for PC and Xbox One. In those two cases, we were able to work with different companies to make account migration available for a limited time in celebration of Warframe’s launch on new platforms, but account migration is not available regularly.

We don’t have plans to make account migration available again in the future, but you are welcome to start another account! We don’t have any problem with players having accounts on multiple platforms.

that can only be possible if they are on the same update, but seeing as pc gets lots of hotfixes every now and then, that wouldnt be possible, and i dont want to have a delayed release of updates just for them to have lots of bugs

I'm MR 25 in PS4. Grew my account there. I'm interested on a duplication for PC but Sony don't let me. It's frustrating. I'm not going to abandon them but why not they don't let me duplicate my advancement to PC. I'll try to contact DE employees and see what they can do. Or Try to contact Sony so they let me duplicate the account. 

Edited by Felsagger

2 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I'm MR 25 in PS4. Grew my account there. I'm interested on a duplication for PC but Sony don't let me. It's frustrating. I'm not going to abandon them but why not they don't let me duplicate my advancement to PC. I'll try to contact DE employees and see what they can do. Or Try to contact Sony so they let me duplicate the account. 

If you have the same account on PC, there is a chance that you will leave PS4 completely. Why would Sony want you to leave PS4?
They will not copy your account. And DE can't help you with that either.

2 hours ago, Felsagger said:

That's not gonna work.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb LupisV0lk:

Micro$oft and $ony.

Enough said.

Sony  probably is the real problem here. Any form of Crossplay is already a big NoNo in their book while Microsoft has less of a problem with that.

Copying an account to another plattform and potentialy lose that player? Oh hell no!

2 hours ago, Ninjacalypse said:

That's not gonna work.

I'm aware of that. 

I started an account on PC and managed adding a ps4 controller via  key mapper to play the game on my laptop. It's more powerful than tmy PS4. The framerate never falls below 60. 

Ignoring in January/February Steve was on Periscope livestream, he was asked, "Will we have console to PC transfer?" he replied "that'd be cool"

might be some errors in my memory, sure it can be found on his twitter, aswell as him mentioning working on faster console updates.

edit: Also skeptical on how long this Nintendo port has been actually in the works, noticed allot of level optimize leading up to this before its announcement.

Edited by (XB1)Evilpricetag

Kinda wish I can migrate my PS4 account to potentially the Nintendo Switch, but 1) I know there’s some complicated bs that won’t allow cross-console account migration for Warframe, 2) console to pc account migration has never been a thing since the first iteration of pc to console account migration, and 3) the possibility of build delays would be a massive hamper for overall player feedback to this wonderful game as is to accommodate this feature.

The unfortunate thing is: I’m a veteran player of Warframe on PS4 for close to if not 3 years now. You have some console players that might be reaching to 5 years only on console Warframe. The announcement for account migration to the Switch will only be catered to PC players. In a sense, that’s already targeting a majority of players but also segregating PS4/Xbox One that want that feature but can’t due to the aforementioned restrictions. Since the announcement, I’ve already known that as a primary PS4 veteran of Warframe with no dedicated account on PC I have no solid interest in playing Warframe on the Switch since I can’t account migrate from my PS4.

It really, honestly sucks, but I’ve kinda accepted this. Whatever it may be, Sony, Microsoft, DE... this hole has dug down too deep to make universal account cross-platform migration a possibility.

4 hours ago, Kalec said:

Sony  probably is the real problem here. Any form of Crossplay is already a big NoNo in their book while Microsoft has less of a problem with that.

Copying an account to another plattform and potentialy lose that player? Oh hell no!

Microsoft tends to have less issue with people moving between XB1 and PC, because Microsoft, more often than not, IS BOTH XB1 and PC.  lol

Sony, not so much.

Regarding those being upset by not being able to migrate to Switch...think of it this way: 

1.) The inclusion of Warframe on the Switch isn't for existing WF players so much as it is to gain NEW players already on that platform that weren't already playing it. 

2.) You can still have a secondary Switch account, and many years from now you can tell tales of how you were "around when it launched on Switch" lol.  

Regardless, I'm very much looking forward to seeing Warframe release to an ever-larger playerbase 😄  Yay new Tenno!  

8 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Another ps4 player contacted sony they told him it' all up to DE not sony.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Maybe that open a window to opportunity. In this case I want to keep my PS4 account so I keep playing with the console community and duplicate my account for PC. Sony deserves a support. They produced the best single player games exclusives. They must go on with the PS5. 

I will support DE work all the way. These guys proved to be the individuals ready to lead the Gaming Industry on games like this. 

It's funny that now any game that doesn't have crossplay is Sony's fault and yet you can play with PC players on many games LOL all of this is fake outrage simply because of an account not being transferable. I wonder how many people failed to realize ps4 has crossplay on Fortnite.

Edited by (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000

1. Plat.. due to consoles and PC having different plat values, it causes difficulties. Plat is worth more on consoles than PC. Consoles don't allow DE to discount plat bc consoles take 30% of sales. This why DE said the Switch account copy will be a 1 time thing. Can't have players buying plat at 75% off, then sending it consoles.

1a. This would also affect Tennogen. Tennogen is a Steam product, Steam takes a %. So on PC it has to be bought with cash. Consoles can buy it with plat bc plat has a higher value. This could lead to players buying discount plat, running to consoles, buying Tennogen, then transferring it to PC. This screws DE and the artist.

2. Builds.. PC is the testing ground for updates. Consoles require certifications, that take awhile, you can't just freely update. Accounts transferring would be a nightmare when the game has multiple builds going. 

Games like Fortnite have unified builds, and unified economies..Cross-play/Cross-accounts honestly wouldn't be capable without a major restructuring of things. Things I don't think DE has the time and money to do, not to mention its change things for a lot of players, who well we all know don't like change. Many PC players like getting updates first, and quickly, they don't like things being changed for sake of consoles either. Console players also get a lot more whiny over bugs, many wouldn't like how PC works.

Take Umbra as an example, PC would've had to wait until we got it or even later bc then DE would have to test and be more careful with builds.

12 hours ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Because some customer support rep at Sony copying & pasting "not our problem" replies would like totally never pass the buck. That's just absolutely, positively, impossibly unthinkable for Sony. Excuse me...I think there's still a little sarcasm stuck at the bottom here...let me just shake it out a bit and make sure I get it all.

12 hours ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

It's funny that now any game that doesn't have crossplay is Sony's fault and yet you can play with PC players on many games LOL all of this is fake outrage simply because of an account not being transferable. I wonder how many people failed to realize ps4 has crossplay on Fortnite.

Probably because that may have been one of the conditions of the contract they have with the fortnite devs. Sony may not lose out as much by allowing crossplay with fortnite etc.

It's not as simple as you are framing it and all deals between devs/publishers/platforms are not equal.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Il y a 13 heures, (PS4)GbHaseo a dit :

1. Plat.. due to consoles and PC having different plat values, it causes difficulties. Plat is worth more on consoles than PC. Consoles don't allow DE to discount plat bc consoles take 30% of sales. This why DE said the Switch account copy will be a 1 time thing. Can't have players buying plat at 75% off, then sending it consoles.

1a. This would also affect Tennogen. Tennogen is a Steam product, Steam takes a %. So on PC it has to be bought with cash. Consoles can buy it with plat bc plat has a higher value. This could lead to players buying discount plat, running to consoles, buying Tennogen, then transferring it to PC. This screws DE and the artist.

2. Builds.. PC is the testing ground for updates. Consoles require certifications, that take awhile, you can't just freely update. Accounts transferring would be a nightmare when the game has multiple builds going. 

Games like Fortnite have unified builds, and unified economies..Cross-play/Cross-accounts honestly wouldn't be capable without a major restructuring of things. Things I don't think DE has the time and money to do, not to mention its change things for a lot of players, who well we all know don't like change. Many PC players like getting updates first, and quickly, they don't like things being changed for sake of consoles either. Console players also get a lot more whiny over bugs, many wouldn't like how PC works.

Take Umbra as an example, PC would've had to wait until we got it or even later bc then DE would have to test and be more careful with builds.

Thanks for your comprehensive answer. It's easier to understand why it is complicated to do it, particularly with the economical point of view. It really saddens me. I understand there is no unified builds for Warframe, yet I feel like players that spent lot of time and some cash into the game could get the right to have at least a one-time copy of their account, maybe for ethics sake.

I know this sounds like children's quirks, being frustraded because I don't have what I want, but still. I feel attached to my account, my Nidus, my prime Syandana and all other virtual things I "worked" hard to get.

The worst thing is that I feel I'm gonna start all over again, and when I'll hit 400h + into the game they'll finally release that feature, lol.

For the rest, I know it is technically possible to copy or at least transfer accounts, but people seems to not agree on wether it is DE's or $onycro$oft's decision that makes it that hard to accomplish. And even if it was only Sony's fault, so why wouldn't Microsoft allow it? 

PS: Sorry if my english sounds strange.

Edited by (XB1)Haesis X

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Haesis X said:

For the rest, I know it is technically possible to copy or at least transfer accounts, but people seems to not agree on wether it is DE's or $onycro$oft's decision that makes it that hard to accomplish. And even if it was only Sony's fault, so why wouldn't Microsoft allow it? 

This right here is the same for Microsoft:

23 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

If you have the same account on PC, there is a chance that you will leave PS4 completely. Why would Sony want you to leave PS4?
They will not copy your account. And DE can't help you with that either.

Why would Microsoft help you leave them and not spend any more money on their platform?
Sure, you will say, that you will always play on Xbox. But the chance alone of you leaving the console completely, is enough of a reason.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Haesis X said:

Thanks for your comprehensive answer. It's easier to understand why it is complicated to do it, particularly with the economical point of view. It really saddens me. I understand there is no unified builds for Warframe, yet I feel like players that spent lot of time and some cash into the game could get the right to have at least a one-time copy of their account, maybe for ethics sake.

But why would spending time and cash on the game make a difference? Why should you get a copy of your account because of that?
You got what was promised. You got to play the game, and you got the promised platinum for the money you have spend.
Asking for more after you got all of that, yes that's pretty childish. And it will not happen.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Haesis X said:

I know this sounds like children's quirks, being frustraded because I don't have what I want, but still. I feel attached to my account, my Nidus, my prime Syandana and all other virtual things I "worked" hard to get.

The worst thing is that I feel I'm gonna start all over again, and when I'll hit 400h + into the game they'll finally release that feature, lol.

PS: Sorry if my english sounds strange.

It's not just Sony, ppl who say that are just making blanket statements bc they hearing sites blaming all cross-play/cross-save issues on Sony, and MS points away from them. Many do not know enough about gaming, like ppl who say "just patch it, it's just one line of code".. 

It's all platforms, most games, and tbh some players fault. Some games for example need the extra income from ppl buying multiple copies.

DE has allowed account coping before. They allowed ppl to copy accounts to consoles once during a limited time period, and will with the Switch. 

It's quite a complicated subject without an easy answer sadly.