Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Is Awful

Zengaze

35 minutes ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

I need to use itzal just to be able to stop when I want to by using its invisibility

I just do a backflip maneuver. Not an instant-stop air brake, but it gives me back enough control to make a difference.

Frankly, the main complaints people have with Archwing maneuverability would be solved by introducing a "Brake" button - complete with an aesthetically appealing animation showing the wings flaring forward with a slight burst of engine.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Archwing as it is works quite well. I never stopped playing it. 

Is it perfect? No. It needs hovering stance, momentum management, more maneuver and tighter responsiveness. It can use the heavy weapons we use in space and a greater bounding box to fly higher in Plains of Eidolon. 

Well we can have really large Fomorian Ships in plains of Eidolon expanding the vertical field of Poe. 

I agree that this part of the game is the only thing I can say I completely avoid at all cost. Goofy controls, getting hung on everything, weird camera angles. It looks like a cheap arcade game from the 80s. It just doesn't fit, if folks like it that's cool, just hope in the future it's not tied into progression. 

If it were removed all together I'd give a huge thumbs up to DE.

On 2018-07-29 at 12:41 AM, Zengaze said:

Title pretty much sums up what i think of it. The controls are S#&$, the camera angle is S#&$, seriously when having to do the submersible nonsense, your camera glitches through objects, it's like some crappy space shooter fail in the discount bin of a bargain basement 90's video game store.

What's worse is that you are forced to do this S#&$ to open up the map nodes. It's awful, it's so bad it's almost bin the whole #*!%ing game so i don't have to put myself through this crapware level. Oh and that mission "pursuit" where you have to shoot the engines out and it constantly repairs. Genius came up with that, genius not being what you think it means.

Welcome to warframe...

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Samsquanch-01 said:

I agree that this part of the game is the only thing I can say I completely avoid at all cost. Goofy controls, getting hung on everything, weird camera angles. It looks like a cheap arcade game from the 80s. It just doesn't fit, if folks like it that's cool, just hope in the future it's not tied into progression. 

If it were removed all together I'd give a huge thumbs up to DE.

So if it were removed completely then removed from POE as well? noty

I enjoyed the very first Archwing (especially the quest). It was fast and agile, perfectly suited for PC and mouse (and causing some nausea with the spatially challenged). It was great fun racing through Corpus trenches with full afterburners.

Today's Archwing has too much inertia, the old trench maps don't correspond well to (a simple upscale would have done the bloody trick...) and the 360-steering is a mess. The switch between hover and full speed is awkward at best. I wish classic setting really would mean classic, like Archwing 1.0...

At least the stupidly low service ceiling in Cetus has been lifted. Why it took so long? Can't have been but a parameter...

DE should revisit Archwing completely and offer two control modes: a very reactive mouse & keyboard (no-360, as rolling always is cumbersome with keyboard/mouse - just go back to the original Archwing) and a full 360 controller setup (No Man's Sky delivers a good template there). And scale up Corpus trenches for 360 and heaven's sake.

Edited by Toran

I would be easier if you could move any direction as fast as you can move forward like you can on the ground, like when holding space to move up, or even being able to "boost" in the other directions then just forward. That way you it would be a lot more convinient to move and shoot without having to change your direction of view.

I have never enjoyed archwing missions since they first came out, despite several attempts already to improve them. I like the concept and think they are great for transportation in open world areas granting you the ability to deliver fire from the air, and I think they will fit in nicely in boarding enemy ships in Railjack missions. However the stand alone archwing missions to me dont have the same fluid feel of regular missions, and are easy to become disoriented on, the rewards also seem far less than ground mission types on the same planet. I would love to see archwing missions replaced with the new Railjack missions in which archwings will play a role but not be a mission type on their own.

9 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Git Gud

Something being so easy it’s boring =/= too hard to be enjoyable. Shocking.

Archwings are too slow, enemies are too slow, whatever happened to “accelerate to attack speed”? Because right now it’s the complete opposite. The fact that enemies are too slow to catch you means you never die unless you let the enemy kill you, with or without mods.

Edited by Legion-Shields

I would point out to De to look at Strike Vector Ex by Ragequit...it's a dead game due to awful storytelling, PVP only, and the music was just garbage, but the flight model with it's pop and lock was some of the most fun ariel maneuvers and dogfighting I've have had in a long time...it would be perfect for Archwing..

Let me tell you how much I hate archwings: I am now MR15, reached top titles in 3 syndicate, Ostrons and the Quills, unlocked most way bounds in the focus trees, and even my default Odonata is not level 30 yet.

On 2018-07-28 at 6:44 PM, peterc3 said:

Great discussion starter. Really opens up a dialogue with people who feel differently from you and totally in a place DE will really see where you're coming from.

I don't really think that's needed since Archwings are universally hated by everyone. No exceptions, anyone to claim otherwise is lying.

Edited by DishSoap

7 minutes ago, DishSoap said:

I don't really think that's needed since Archwings are universally hated by everyone. No exceptions, anyone to claim otherwise is lying.

Are you genuinely that out of touch or is this some next level sarcasm?

Archwing is terrible. The underwater missions are even worse. Camera glitches through geometry. Controls are terrible.

The game would be better if they removed it completely. And either scrap it or rework it entirely.

4 minutes ago, void_666 said:

Archwing is terrible. The underwater missions are even worse. Camera glitches through geometry. Controls are terrible.

The game would be better if they removed it completely. And either scrap it or rework it entirely.

Let’s not delete AW, it can definitely be saved. Railjack is the first step.