Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Is Awful

Zengaze

1 hour ago, Legion-Shields said:

Let’s not delete AW, it can definitely be saved. Railjack is the first step.

I don't know man. Railjack looks cool. No doubt. But how deep is it going to be? Will warframe become a space sim?

Honestly i think it's just another gimmick like archwing.

2 hours ago, DishSoap said:

No but seriously, Archwings are terrible. I do question the sanity of people who enjoy them.

The same could be said of anyone who doesn't like Archwing. My sanity is quite intact thank you and I enjoy Archwing very much. Could you be any less constructive?  My complaints are over all minor. However, more unique missions where I get to go from being on foot to air or space and back consistently, would be appreciated. Which is what RailJack seems to be bringing. So I am all good here and just waiting patiently for that what I am sure will be an amazing and fun experience.

My original impression after doing the archwing quest was wow! cool!

then I got to the jordas golem quest and it was like "wait I didn't grind archwing at all, this is not cool at all".

But then I eventually grinded out the archwing, unlocked all of them, played around, found out how badass and cool elytron was and tried out all the archwing weapons, forma'd here and there and now I genuinely enjoy it.

Things like being the pyromancer or the rock puncher or the gunslinger or the wave swordsman or the spike stomper; none of those caster damage types compare to being the missile platform of elytron for me. No idea why, but being the mindless braindead power spammer in regular missions just doesn't feel as cheesy or fantastic than doing it in space.

Also I actually liked the laser stealth archwing thing from the war within. That part was cool.

I HATE AW.

Whenever in the Plains I will void dash, bullet-jump or straight up walk my way back to Cetus (my groups always wait for me).

I have using AW.

If Titania had a better kit I would have loved using her just for POE but alas no.

And Wukong's cloud walker when fully modded for speed is still so damn slow. 

Why cant AW use the same mechanic as WuKongs cloud walker?

Rush missions are the only ones I don't like. They're goalposted weird and the randomness of the areas paired with the fact that they are simultaneously open yet cramped make for a frustrating experience.

That said, I find the controls to be just fine. But then, I do have almost 1000 hours dumped into Descent. So it might just be me.

On 2018-08-02 at 5:31 AM, FluckLancer said:

I am fairly new. but does the Archwing has some sort of PVP? i like aerial dogfight games like 2000 battlefront 2/ Ace Combats.. etc..

Sadly not yet, though I've posted ideas on it myself, too.   I'd love to see this! Great idea!

On 2018-08-02 at 6:05 AM, (PS4)Samsquanch-01 said:

I agree that this part of the game is the only thing I can say I completely avoid at all cost. Goofy controls, getting hung on everything, weird camera angles. It looks like a cheap arcade game from the 80s. It just doesn't fit, if folks like it that's cool, just hope in the future it's not tied into progression. 

If it were removed all together I'd give a huge thumbs up to DE.

I could literally say the same thing of Maiming Strike / S2W gameplay.  I hate it.  -hate- it.   I think it looks ridiculous to have all this awesome gameplay style in the game, and people just slide around the floors like friggin' tops.   Maiming Strike should be removed from the game altogether.  Looks WORSE than a "cheap arcade game from the 80's".   Also, nothin' wrong with Arcade Games from the 80's, thanks.

23 hours ago, DishSoap said:

I don't really think that's needed since Archwings are universally hated by everyone. No exceptions, anyone to claim otherwise is lying.

I'm not lying.  I love AW.  I don't always love the MAPS they're on, but I love AW.  Tbh, I'm GLAD the maps are clunky.  It makes me feel like I'm just a Tenno in a larger solar system, and NOT like I'm some special character in a world designed specifically for me.  Immersion.  I enjoy the hell out of it, so....yeah, not universally hated.

9 hours ago, DishSoap said:

Not it can't because Archwing is legitimately terrible.

That is your opinion. I disagree. You think it's terrible, most likely, because you suck at it. That tends to be the pattern with players like you. You are not good at it, so you complain trying to force your opinion on others and shame them for not supporting your opinion.

Edited by (XB1)Rust Plague

Archwing is easy it just requires some actual effort to add forma and make yourself very powerful and players are too used to afking on Hydron to level their stuff, they baulk at actual effort required. There is actually a very fast non-archwing way to level up infact. The mission types are easy too, 

interception itzal and fluctus

exterminate - anything, very easy.

mobile defense- amesha

rush - don't rush (lol I'm not kidding you'll have plenty of time and won't get stuck on scenery). This is actually the fastest Lith relic farm in the game atm).

pursuit - anything it's really easy.

defense - amesha or elytron.

With railjack coming it's here to stay, just accept that fact or accept that you will restrict yourself from areas of the game, your choice. Archwing is not hard it just requires you to put in some effort to improve at, the controls can be tricky at first, don't use the afterburners until you're used to it, get used to rolling quickly and steering with your mouse, not your left and right keys (only for rolls). Get yourself all the archwings(2 are even available in dojo), get the fluctus, velocitus and grattler and centaur melee. Put some forma in them and you're good to go.

Edited by Zilchy

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

Archwing is easy it just requires some actual effort to add forma and make yourself very powerful and players are too used to afking on Hydron to level their stuff, they baulk at actual effort required.

QFT

The only real beef with Archwing leveling, to be honest, is the low variety of missions and nodes. There could be improvements made to the control style, but once you get used to it, it's pretty fluid. I just wish I could zoom one way and shoot another.

All I want is that bounce drift mechanic to die: being bounced around like a pinball is nauseating. This applies to titania as well, moment I come even close to a solid object it's bounce....drift for 6 secs...oh I can control myself again wooo uh....bounce.....drift..... /fliptable

Edited by iuki.

3 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

QFT

The only real beef with Archwing leveling, to be honest, is the low variety of missions and nodes. There could be improvements made to the control style, but once you get used to it, it's pretty fluid. I just wish I could zoom one way and shoot another.

Check your messages mate.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)VaNiDgE said:

I like archwing, but hate the archwing missions where you have to speed your way to the end of the level and archwing interception. I also like when they add archwing in the middle of a level. 

Don't speed on the rush mission(oh the irony), there's no need to. Archwing interception, Itzal makes it a cakewalk with penumbra. The enemy will usually only attack 1 node, setup invisible where you can intercept them all, Fluctus goes straight through those annoying shield dargyns.

Edited by Zilchy

I personally like doing Archwing missions. My only complaint is that I have noone to play it with very often.

I'm using an Odonata Prime Archwing, which has way better stats than the starting Odonata Archwing.

230410_20180804085014_1.png

I'm still working on the build, but I'm enjoying it a lot!

Oh and I'm pretty sure Railjack will make Archwings less hated by other players!

Edited by JinnyKim

1. In plains of eidolon archwing bounding box is quite small. Should allow more space for archwing to fly. 

2. Arcwhing execute jaw, roll and pitch. However stopping takes a while. Doing strafe up or down requires more speed. 

3. Maneuverability is problematic. Needs more versatility stopping and boosting.   

4. Archwing missions needs a lot of attention. They need serious updates on the tiles and a much bigger size. 

5. Better heavy weapons and better skins for the existing weapons. 

Edited by Felsagger

6 hours ago, Legion-Shields said:

You can.

Usually when I stop using thrusters and turn to face another direction, it has me keep going forward in the direction I'm facing. Unless I'm missing something.

Only a minor inconvenience though, tbh.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

5 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Usually when I stop using thrusters and turn to face another direction, it has me keep going forward in the direction I'm facing. Unless I'm missing something.

Only a minor inconvenience though, tbh.

Keep thrusters on, but use whichever directional key is needed to keep moving in the direction you want.

Also the issue of not being able to brake quickly can be solved by switching to experimental controls. You stop pretty much instantly.

Some sort of mathematical theory of flight should be simulated in the archwing for immersion. Behavior in the atmosphere should not be the same as the behavior in SPACE. In an atmosphere you have to deal with air (gas behavior in hydro thermo dynamics). In Space you have rigid body physics and inertial frames of reference. 

In plain English, the archwing needs some level of sophistication and game play that satisfy the appetite of immersion. Right now the behavior of them is less than sloppy in therms of accuracy of simulation. 

Simple. 

On 2018-07-29 at 1:07 AM, Blue_Robot said:

I think it was supposed to be something like Strike Suit Zero if you guys ever heard of it.  At one point the supposed rework even featured a similar reticle mechanic with the mentioned game.

Funny you mention that, because at the time I was playing Strike Suit Zero, Warframe came out with the archwing update. I liked the look of archwing and that is what got me back into the game. So I did all the farming, finally got my archwing and loved it. I was playing the archwing mode so much that when I returned to Strike Suit Zero, it (Strike Suit Zero) just didn't feel right and I put down, never to be touched again.

Edited by TheMuslimGamerGB