Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you had the choice, would you start over from the beginning?

I find this thought fascinating to think about.

With everything you know about the game, all the small details and how to build your warframes. Would you go back to square one, with nothing bit your starter warframe and weapons and start your journey over from scratch? 

I personally, would see it as a challenge. To make the weapons and frames I thought were useless to strong weapons and bringing out their full potential without all of the primed stuff I tend to rely on. Give and take a few weapons and frames. 

But, would you do it? Would you go back to square one? 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Badfaildotexe said:

With everything you know about the game, all the small details and how to build your warframes. Would you go back to square one, with nothing bit your starter warframe and weapons and start your journey over from scratch? 

Absolutely NO.

i will not waste 5 years of farming, cosmetics and achievements.

It is like working for the entire life, reaching 78 years and finally going into retirement, with a fantastic home and "clearly too young for me wife", just to wake up a morning and burn down the house i've worked 50 years for, wife included. 

I never understood that sentiment. The only feasible reason I may personally conceive of to redo the entire game is that you literally have nothing better or as satisfactory to do. And I don't mean that as an insult. What I mean is, maybe Warframe is the only game you find yourself having fun playing, but once you've hit the progress wall you feel like the thrill is gone and so you wanna relieve it all over again.

My approach to games like Warframe is different. I take pleasure in the progress I've made and the vanity of my collections. I like to show myself all I've achieved through decoration, custom modification and visual overhauls of each frame and weapon. Losing my progress is the sole thing that will make me quit the game.

Edited by Tellakey

Personally I just have. I’ve been playing Warframe on Xbox for a while. Back then I didn’t have a clue what I was doing but my friend helped me although they were on PC. I’ve done right up to The Sacrifice on Xbox.

Couple weeks ago I decided to buy a gaming laptop since Warframe ran like a potato on my older one and so I could play with my friend. And since then I’ve been playing most weekends, grinding and working my way back up again. In the space of three weeks, playing Friday nights and the weekend and public matches, as of yesterday I finished The Sacrifice and I’m right back where I was on Xbox to almost MR8. Bearing in mind I haven’t been playing for a solid 5+ years, but I can say it was a lot easier second time round. I blitzed the star map and main quests as fast as I could and I’m now at the stage of exploring and farming. 

Edited by FrozenBanana00
Spelling mistake

Perhaps, if DE refunded my entire plat purchase history, all resources used in dojo construction I'd consider it. 

on a side note you can easily begin the journey over by making a new account and playing it fresh. 

but no, I wouldn't simply abandon 5 years of money, time and effort.

Never.

I absolutely HATE playing the same game again from scratch, unless it's for the purpose of unlocking a secret ending or, maybe, a secret character.

Feels like a total waste of time that could be better spent trying something new or making progress with another game.

Warframe is cool and all, but it sure as hell isn't worth another 2k hours of my life.

I kinda did, maxed out on PS4 I didn't have much to do, I started a PC account progress was slow at first but now it's nearly on par with my ps4 account. Mr 19 on PC at the moment but most of the stuff I'm missing is just Mr fodder things,   I recently surpassed my PS4 account on eidolon kills  (I didn't need eidolons that much on PS4 I had the arcane's from the raids and I was already almost maxed Focus when they came out on PS4) about 3/4 of the way to maxing all focus schools again too.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

I've already started over and then lost my other account. My motherboard fried on my PC during a BIOS update and everything went RIP, so I went to PS4. Couple months later my PSN account got banned after I hadn't done anything wrong, and I never even received an email from Sony as to why I was banned. I'm not starting over again

probably wouldnt i would like to go somewhere in game where everything is new and im confused and figuring things out though you know that new game feeling i want that again starting over would be me burning through the game knowing exactly what i need to do, how to do it, and where.

I did this recently with a 2nd, isolated account for streaming and creating YouTube tutorials of the game from the start.  Still an ongoing task but it’s been informative as well as I’ve needed to research and work out alternative ways to do some things at an earlier point in the game than my main.

I'm trying to understand the main post here, I don't see why you need to do this when you can just create a regular frame. If it's because you lack the discipline to not put on a prime frame, then you're not looking for a challenge, you're bored of the game. If you want to go through and unlock everything again, then you've got me at a loss, I wasn't a fan of having to make new characters in other MMO's, but I did want the alternate experiences with class roles.

I personally was not a fan of missing out on alerts and trying to find someone to taxi me to them because I haven't unlocked a mission yet.

I've spent the past 3 years trying to get DE to let me pay to transfer my account to PC because I'm past all the annoyances and inconveniences of not having progression in the game. All for them to announce they're considering crossplay, which will hopefully allow cross accounts too like fortnite. (Not sure if they've updated this announcement yet.)

If I kept everything I received from my inbox and everything I bought with plat I might consider it. A big factor would be if I got something substantial for all my years playing this game. I'm not starting at zero for nothing and a NG+ would need a pretty hefty reward to still make it worth it.