Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Hey Kiddo" Thanks DE i just had a small panic attack.

Nubcrawler

So i got back from doing a mission and i start parkouring around my orbiter and i slide down the ramp on the right and as i turn the corner i stop because i see my Operator hanging upside down from a dangling cord/wire, while i'm sitting there like a deer in headlights completely dumbfounded from what i'm seeing my operator says "Hey Kiddo" and i don't think i've Alt+F4'd out of a game as fast as i did when that happened. Why? Why?! I'm going to be so paranoid from now on every time i enter my ship! Why do you do this!? ;~;

I looked up what the hell had happened right after and it apparently has a random chance to happen after you complete the Chains of Harrow quest and i did that so long ago that i had completely forgot that was a phrase from the quest. Needless to say i was max spooked.

So Thanks DE, i will probably have nightmares tonight. 

Screenshot of where it happened, i would have screenshot my Operator hanging but like i said i Alt+F4'd so fast that the thought did not even cross my mind. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

BK6p2wC.png

I’ve only had him appear twice so far and I’ve just recently finished Chains of Harrow and The Sacrifice a couple weeks ago. The first time was after COH and the second time was a while after The Sacrifice with that extra dialogue. Though I didn’t notice him the second time as I’d walked right past him and was wondering why I was seeing dialogue boxes lol. 

Just now, PrimeDCookieMonstah said:

Don't worry, i had him appear 2 times since the first day this quest was introduced. But ye he can appear anywhere, at the navigator/codex/market/quarters/floor/arsenal/walls.

Ahhh i don't like that at all ;~; I assume there is no way to disable him from showing up? Honestly i don't handle things like that too well, i had a hard time even doing his quest.

4 minutes ago, Nubcrawler said:

Ahhh i don't like that at all ;~; I assume there is no way to disable him from showing up? Honestly i don't handle things like that too well, i had a hard time even doing his quest.

Unfortunately, no, there's no way to "turn off" his appearance. The best advice anyone can give you is to strengthen your heart. Or maybe train how fast you can press Alt+F4.

7 minutes ago, Nubcrawler said:

You could turn one of the volume settings down to not hear him, although it might also mute other important dialogues

Oh and he disappears when you look away from him

Edited by keyosbringer

8 minutes ago, Nubcrawler said:

same here but you get used to it.

just never login when you are really tired.

he can appear on login too.

1 minute ago, Gamma745 said:

Unfortunately, no, there's no way to "turn off" his appearance. The best advice anyone can give you is to strengthen your heart. Or maybe train how fast you can press Alt+F4.

I'm fine with most anything horror related but when children get thrown into the mix i can't handle it very well, I've gotten chest pains and bloody noses from horror movies/games that use children. Guess i'm just screwed ;~;

12 minutes ago, Nubcrawler said:

I'm fine with most anything horror related but when children get thrown into the mix i can't handle it very well, I've gotten chest pains and bloody noses from horror movies/games that use children. Guess i'm just screwed ;~;

You could just warp from place to place from the start menu (arsenal, nav, market?, Mods) and hit 5 to go to the transference room to avoid the jumpscares if you're really bothered with it. Also, paint your ship bright and put a ton of clem noggles to ward off voidboi.

1 hour ago, Nubcrawler said:

Needless to say i was max spooked.

So Thanks DE, i will probably have nightmares tonight.  

So, are you implying DE should take out that part because it's apparently way out of your comfort zone? NO, just no.
PS: It's cute you got spooked by that.

EDIT: as a side note, I bet you don't go out (much) after sundown.. 😄

Edited by Kerthis

4 hours ago, Nubcrawler said:

I felt legit concern upon reading the thread's title, so I hope things don't end up too serious on the off chance you encounter him again.

3 hours ago, Nubcrawler said:

So Thanks DE, i will probably have nightmares tonight

The game has spoopy space alien race that devours all in its path, a man with long boi arm, clones of clones of clones, some space merchants and alot of gore, and you are spooked by a boi hanging from a cable. Are you sure you chose the right game to play? That' s like going to a fast food place and demanding gourmet dinner nd when they dont deliver to throw a tantrum and demand they deliver. It doesn't work that way.